OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Lets see... In my ps2 is Tales of the Abyss, Its great fun since it's very similar to Tales of Symphonia and yet it's got elements about it that I like a whole lot better. For starters, the battle system though similar with how it's in real time and you have special moves that are accessible via shortcuts, is a bit more complex than Tales of Sympohnia since it has a whole range of special button combinations that your character eventually learns to protect against certain types of attacks. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Years ago I was obsessed with ToS but I was always afraid the next games wouldn't live up to it. From what you describe, though, it might be worth it.

Anyway, thought you might like to know that [B]Tales of Symphonia 2[/B] is currently in development.[/COLOR]

I'm also playing Tales of the Abyss. I've finished the main storyline but am still finding reasons to muck around in it. <3

Slightly unrelated: it took Abyss to convince me that voices can add a tremendous amount to a dialogue/text-heavy RPG. I'm a fast reader; I love unvoiced games and scoff at waiting for an actor to finish saying what's already up on the screen. But Abyss is acted with such heart that even the rougher performances, which might have annoyed me elsewhere, became thoroughly endearing. It's not perfect by any means, but it's one of my top favorite English dubs of anything, game or anime.

~Dagger~

Have you ever heard of anything and everything?

Yeah, seriously. Anything I can get my hands on, I'm playing. I've reached a new level of boredom, and I need something to cure it. So, I'm just playing whatever.

For example, I went to (bum bum bum) Wal-Mart. We were in a hurry for no reason at all, but we went by the electronics. I saw Guitar Hero (the one for the 360) and I just started to play it. Even though my Mom and Uncle got mad at me, I think it was worth it.. broke some of the boredom off.

Another example, I went to a game/movie rental place a couple of days ago and rented a game. Even though I could have gotten the game free if I just could wait for about a week, I just went there and had my Mom rent me a game for seven bucks. Dynasty Warriors 5 for the 360. Its a pretty good game... already beat it though.

I have so many more.. but I'm actually posting this because I'm hella bored...

[FONT="Tahoma"]Hmm, i'm about forty hours into [b]Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion[/b] for Xbox360. I switch out every now and then with [b]Dead Rising[/b] whenever I feel like going on a free for all killing spree with lots of interestin choices for weapons. Oblivion is pretty much all I play at the moment, though before I bought it a couple of weeks ago I was playing [b]Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition[/b] and [b]God of War 2[/b] for the second time through on the hardest difficulty.

[/FONT]

To BKstyles -

I've played Oblivion. I got so addicted to that game that after my character became a vampire, I did. I stayed up a couple nights in a row at a time to play the game. Then, after I decided to finish the quest to be a regular human being again, I actually woke up at okay times and went to be at good times... it was really messed up for me. Thank God I just rented the game for five days.

I also played Dead Rising. It was a fun game to me, I beat it three times or so. Never got the good ending though. Now, I'm a big fan of zombies, so I new that this game would be really really fun. But, I think it was more fun than I expected. Because I liked almost everything about the game and almost got addicted to it so much that the replay value would be a ten of ten!

Anyway, I think that those games would be almost to the top of my best games list... just because I liked em' so much :/

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Years ago I was obsessed with ToS but I was always afraid the next games wouldn't live up to it. From what you describe, though, it might be worth it.

Anyway, thought you might like to know that [B]Tales of Symphonia 2[/B] is currently in development.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]It is, I've been playing it and though it gets off to a slow start, once it gets going and you start picking up moves, it becomes more fun since you have a lot more options than Symphonia ever had. And I liked Tales of Symphonia. lol Also, at the same time it has a semi-auto mode for when you're feeling lazy so that's really nice too. That and Mieu is adorable, I hated how Corrine in Symphonia wasn't really around all that much. But Mieu? Mieu is great fun.

And I have to agree with Dagger, the dub for this is excellent. I was surprised at how well done it was. Anyway, I have yet to finish it, but it is one of the games I am currently working on. The other is Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Though I'm getting close to finally finishing that one. Though from what I've read, some of the bonus dungeons are pretty time consuming.

As for my gamecube, I haven't played anything on it for a while so it's just collecting dust at the moment.

I was playing [b]Crackdown[/b] with my brother earlier. Then, my neph, bro and I engaged in a serious bout on [b]Gears[/b], then on [b]Vegas[/b] and THEN lastly, we finished off a few n00bs on [b]ShadowRun[/b]

After all that, I played the [b]Stranglehold[/b] demo...

I LOVE TEQUILA TIME!!!:animeblus

[SIZE="1"][b][U]PC[/U]:[/b] Currently switching between [B]Guild Wars[/B] and the different [B]Dawn of War[/B] games, the campaigns of which I finally finished yesterday. Play a bit of [b]ES4: Oblivion[/b] and [b]KOTOR2[/b] as well, can't wait for Team Gizka to finish their restoration project for K2.

[b][u]DS[/u]:[/b] Probably pick up Pokémon Pearl at some stage in the next week, and continue my addiction to that series, hell I probably subconsciously bought my DS just to play it. I swear, Pokémon is videogaming equivalent of crack...

[b][U]Gamecube[/U]:[/b] Finally got [B]Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition[/B] after the threads here in Hardwired and I got to say, I forgot just how awesome [B]Ocarina of Time[/B] is... even if as usual I'm stuck in the God-damn Water Temple and can't for the life of me figure out what to do...

[b][u]PS2[/u]:[/b] Nothing at the moment, play the odd game of [B]DBZ: Boudokai 3[/B] with my brother, and half-beat [B]Need For Speed: Most Wanted[/B] before I lost interest. Debating whether or not to finish [b]Final Fantasy XII[/b] given it's utter grindathonic nature, probably won't as there's nothing about the game that hugely appeals to me to do it.

That's about it.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]On the computer? Nothing, I was playing Diablo II Lord of Destruction for a while but when I got to the desert boss on the hell level I put it aside and I haven't been back. He's such a pain to kill in the normal and nightmare levels that I just haven't been able to bring myself to go after him.

In my gamecube I currently have Baten Kaitos Origins, it's the prequel to Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. It's ironic, but I like the sequel far better. I like the voice actors better, the storyline better and most of all, they've made some improvements to the card duel system where you can even have combos with the other fighters.

In my playstation2 I have Tales of the Abyss, it's probably the one I'm playing the most since I really enjoy it. The battle system has more options than Tales of Smyphonia did and as Rach said... Mieu is adorable, I love Mieu! ^_^ It's a great game and I love all the different characters as well as the storyline. I'm also playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time since I'm working on the bonus dungeons. I haven't quite finished the second one in the caves, but I'm not that far off. One of these days I'm going to start a game and play the next level of difficulty. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] In my old xbox I'm currently playing [B][U] Half Life II[/B][/U] by the time I finish this will be the fourth time I've went through it, all I need now to do now is remember how to beat Dr. Breen, then I'll go out and buy the x360 version, so I can play Episodes One and Two.

In my x360 (before it broke down again) I'm playing [B][U] Perfect Dark: Zero[/B][/U], I've finished the campaign, and have been playing Deathmatch with bots, in order to score more achivements, just cant wait to get it back and start playing live.

In my playstation 2, I'm currently playing [B][U] Guitar Hero II[/B][/U] and [B][U] Dance Dance Revolution: SuperNova[/B][/U] I've set almost all the high scores in Guitar Hero II, if only I could score a AAA in DDR, then I would be happy.

in my psp (before it began to fall apart) I'm playing [B][U] Burnout: Legends[/B][/U] and [B][U] Lumines[/B][/U] I havent gotten around to finsihing the campaign in Legends and I've only unlocked five or six stages in Lumines.

I have a bunch of older generation consoles (and ones I dont play) [N64, NES, SNES, PS1, Gamecube] but I'm too lazy to check.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]I just bought Final Fantasy XII for the PS2, so I've been playing that for a couple of days now. Before that I was playing Soulcalibur 3 after my memory got corrupted a long, long time ago. So I've been trying to unlock everything as I can.

But for PC, I've been playing Gunbound. I stoped playing for awhile because the
2nd version wouldnt work on my computer, but now im playing once again.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]PS2:[/B][I]Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra[/I]- I finish playing The first two and in comparison of this one, its the best I have ever played. After that I will be playing [I]Dawn of Mana[/I].

[B]Gamecube:[/B][I]Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance[/I] (Once again)- Im just obsessed with laying it all over agian. Also goes for [I]Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition[/I].

[B]Nintendo DS:[/B][I]Final Fantasy 3[/I]- I delayed it for a while and got back into playing just last week.

As for the Xbox 360, it used to be DOA.

[quote name='Avenged666fold'][B]Xbox 360[/B]-[I]Gears of War[/I]-[U]STUCK AGAIN! [/U]
[B]DS[/B]-[I]Pokemon Pearl[/I]-[U]Stuck on the elite [B]5[/B][/U]
[B]Ps2[/B]-[I]God of war 2[/I]-[U]Forgot where I'm stuck...[/U]
[B]PC[/B]-[I]Rosetta Stone[/I]-[U]Stuck on conjugating verbs...[/U][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred]Lists = Not cool
Lists + info = Very cool[/color]

[quote name='Dbzman26'][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]But yeah, that gravity gun own's. But of course, then again, beating the zombie/creature/whatever dudes' in the face with a crowbar is pretty fun too.:p[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]The best weapon in the game in the [b]radiator[/b]. Rip it off the wall, hold it out in front of you, it's a nigh-impenetrable shield. Throw it at people and it's an instant kill on anything short of a Strider.

The HL2 developers have the dubious honour of having designed the most pure evil creature on any plane of existence, the [b]poison headcrab[/b]. Those things creep the crap out of me.

To stay vaguely on topic instead of just fanboying out over HL2: I also have a PS2, but it stays at home while i'm at university, so the last thing I played all the way through on it was probably [b]killer7[/b]. Now there's a game that could have done with a little less concept and a little more playability.

[color=darkred]I'm playing a lot of games at the moment, but they're all replays. The latest game I'm playing is Yoshi's Island 2 on the DS, which is awesome. I played the first one both on the SNES and the GBA and loved it both times, so being able to play a more innovative version of them is great. I would've been happy just aiming eggs and jumping platforms again, but the addition of extra characters makes it more interesting and how each one has a different ability which is needed to complete each level really keeps you on your feet. One of the better platformer games on the system if you ask me.[/color]

I have three major games right now. The one that is taking up my time the most is Persona 3. Honestly, I have not played a game that has kept me up into 2 and 3 in the morning since Kingdom Hearts 2. I love nearly every aspect of it (the music and voice acting being the prime suspects here). The "realistic" cel shaded graphics are top notch, the story is intriguing, and me having to switch between a high school student and hero of humanity is unusually addicting.

After that comes Xenogears. I have always valued videogames as the next future of story telling, and I don't know of any other game that hits that point home any better than Xenogears. This is a game that can't even be defined as a game! Its far more accurate to say its a story that you play on your Playstation. Xenogears tells a story first, and focuses on the gameplay second. Now, that's not to say the game isn't fun - the battle system in place is very addicting, and very deep.

And then, there's Vagrant Story. Now, this may come from the people who made Final Fantasy XII, but it goes without saying that this is an amazing game. Right from the opening cinematic, you have the feeling this is an adventure of epic proportions. Essentially, this is SquareSoft's answer to Metal Gear Solid - the cinematics make you feel that you [I]are[/I] watching a movie, even if the graphics are extremlley dated.

The game is a lot of fun as well - its somewhat of a cross between Real Time and Turn Based RPGS. You move around in free time, and there isn't any 'battle scenes'. Instead, the enemies go and attack you, and when you/they attack, the game stops, allowing the attacker to attack, the attacked to dodge/get hit/block, etc. Then the real time system goes into play. Additionally, you target body parts, and this has an effect. If you take out all of an arm's HP, they can't use that arm! Legs will reduce speed by 50%, etc. Of course, the same can happen to you if you don't heal...

DS: FF3. I've already finished it once, so I'm replaying from the beginning.
PS2: KH2. Finished that already too. ^^ I'm trying to get the special moogle keyblade thingy, but my rank is too low... :(
Right now, I'm mostly waiting for all the DS remakes to come out. ^^

[quote name='Matt']
And then, there's Vagrant Story. Now, this may come from the people who made Final Fantasy XII, but it goes without saying that this is an amazing game.[/QUOTE]
As imbalanced as they are in terms of graphics and scope, I think I like Vagrant Story as least as much as FFXII. Awesome battle system, although the bosses get recycled too much. It's a lonely game in terms of structure--you can go ages and ages without talking to another character--but that adds to its mystery. It's too bad they didn't put more effort into making the plot clear.

I'm still on Tales of the Abyss--specifically, on the Tales of Dragon Buster mini-game. It's tremendous fun and almost makes me wish I had the chance to play the original Dragon Buster.

~Dagger~

Rome Total War (hmm, war elephants.....:animesmil)
FIFA 07 (soccer is fun)
Medieval Total War (nothin' better than riding down peasant levies with heavy knights)
Shogun Total War (Boy do I like strategy games)

looking for Star Wars Empire at War and a new copies of Alpha Centauri and Starcraft.

When I upgrade to an XBOX 360, FIFA 08, Battle for Middle Earth II and Ace Combat 6 will join the party.:animesmil

Guest Tenchi-sama
ps2: Final Fantasy XII - i'm on the light house stage where i already fought Hydro and the second boss. currently i'm tryong to get all 13 Esper and beat that Fafnir hunt mark.

Xbox 360: ShadowRun - i'm just playing that for now until Halo 3 comes out and i'm trying to get Bio shock which i heard is a amazing game. i'm also waiting for Mass Effect, Too Human, Call of Duty 4, and Left 4 Dead to come out.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Since my previous post I've moved on to Persona 3, which is an excellent display of what an RPG SHOULD be. ( I'm looking at you FF12) and I'm also revisting Fallout Tactics, one of the best squad-based tactical games not on the market anymore.

Also been enjoying some Guilty Gear X2 while I wait for Accent Core to come out. I'm a huge GG fan so when I heard about Accent Core a while back I became not as sad. Happy that a new version is coming to the states. Hurray for good fighting games!

Bio Shock came out on my birthday on tuesday but I wasn't able to pursuade anyone to get it for me. God damn them. Either way, this friday I'll probably be getting it so expect a review from your friendly neighborhood Silpheed in the coming weeks. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=#606060]I just bought my dad a PS3 for father's day and it included MotorStorm and F1.

He's more interested in F1, but I've had some serious time with MotorStorm this weekend.

I have to say, initially, I wasn't quite sure about it. The controls were weird and I didn't quite get it.

But I realized that this was only because the PS3 controller is so awful - especially when you play a game that relies on the analog triggers! It's actually a painful experience, literally. lol

Anyway, having said that, I played more and got further...and I have to say, this is a really great game. MotorStorm is probably most like an arcade rally title, except that it's almost like a combination of a rally title and something like Mario Kart; it's definitely "rallying" (in the sense that you're driving off the beaten track), but there is a combination of viscious competitors and pretty extreme track designs that makes it something else entirely.

So far I'm about halfway through and I've been loving it. I think my favourite tracks at the moment are The Tenderizer and Raingod Mesa (hopefully I got those names right). The Mudpool is kind of fun as well and there's another mesa-like track that is really crazy (but I am forgetting the name at the moment).

I'm not really sure what else to say about the game except that it's just a total blast. It's hectic, frantic and crazy. At all times there are car parts flying past you, vehicles are slamming each other into cliff walls and you're constantly driving through smoke or sparks as a result of some major collisions.

One of the coolest things is that the A.I. is actually pretty relentless. Other drivers have no hesitation going after you. I've seen too many weird/aggressive A.I. stunts to even count - at one point a vehicle went over a jump and landed right on my roof; at another point a truck tried to t-bone me so that I'd lose grip and slam into a rock and yet another time, when I was driving a big rig, a smaller buggy tried to slip its nose underneath my rear wheel to cause me to flip on my roof.

It's really a crazy game.

The only thing I haven't liked so far is the controls for the bikes; they're so touchy that they are quite difficult to master. With practice it is possible to do pretty well with them, but nevertheless, they are (in my view) probably the toughest vehicle in the game to truly master.

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend this game to any new PS3 owner. It's one you don't want to miss. I think it'll continue to occupy most of my gaming time over the coming weeks. ~_^[/color]

I'm currently playing [b][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togainu_no_Chi]Togainu no Chi[/url][/b] (which I already [url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/dagger_ix1/posts/1202394][u]raved about[/u][/url] at myO). I have two routes left (Keisuke and Nano). When I finish, I'm going to tackle [b]Lamento - Beyond the Void[/b], Nitro+ CHiRAL's second BL game.

My favorite end so far is Shiki's true ending, although it left me feeling pretty down until I listened to the Shiki drama CD. Out of the other two Shiki endings, one is somewhat disturbing but still compelling, and the other is just hugely disturbing (and, even worse, totally plausible). :animedepr

~Dagger~

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"][B]Nintendo DS[/B]
[B][I]-Cooking Mama:[/I][/B] I played it a bit then left it for a long time, so now I'm working on getting all of the recipes and getting a Gold medal for each recipe, but some of the steps are hard to do, especially with a stuffed touch screen.
[B][I]-Trauma Center:[/I][/B] Almost done with the story, just have to finish one of the last few operations. Then I have to do the X Operations + trying to get S ranks.
[B][I]-Hotel Dusk- Room 215:[/I][/B] I haven't played this in a long time but I'm still working on it, if I remember correctly I'm in the Third Chapter.

[B]PSX:[/B]
[B][I]-Final Fantasy VII:[/I][/B] I restarted the game during my break between First semester and Second semester. I'm in the Third Disc but I haven't had a lot of time to pick it up and finish it. Took a lot of time to do all the side quests and stuff. Currently in the Crater.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]I'm currently getting a headache from playing [b]Ninja Gaiden[/b] (finally got my Xbox), and it's not because of the difficulty. It's mainly because of the stupid platforming and camera.

It's weird because back when I first had the game, I didn't have much trouble with the camera, but now it's just completely against me. But it's still a fun game once you get past the camera issues. I'm currently in the Ice Cavern. Them silly dino's were a pain to deal with as well, but most of my new encounters are normally a pain.

I'm also playing [b]Halo[/b], but I'm only on the 3rd level I believe. (Truth and Reconciliation? Or something like that) Most of my time has been on Ninja Gaiden.

I'm also expecting [i]Shenmue 2[/i] and [i]Jade Empire[/i] to come in the mail. After that, I'll probably start purchasing games for the GameCube.[/COLOR]