OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Right now I'm very much focused on [b]Mass Effect 2[/b].  I'm playing through it a (third) time, but this time with female renegade Shepherd imported from the first game.  The second time I played ME2, I didn't actually finish it.

So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  It's still a masterpiece in my view, and it's still one of my all-time favourite games.  Absolutely loving every minute of it, when I get the chance to play it anyway.

Beyond that... I was playing Far Cry 3, but I left the game at my (old) house and need to pick it up.  Damn.

Now and then I play a bit of SimCity 3000 Unlimited (still), and a bit of Civilization V.  I also play a little bit of New Super Mario Bros. U here and there, although I'm up to a ghost house where I'm kind of stuck...

Ah yes, Mass Effect 2. It's been a while since I've last played it, and even then I still never finished my 1st playthrough of the game (I've had it for almost 2 yrs now), mainly because I just don't want to see the game end yet. I've become quite attached to the crew in this one, and to hear/read all the complaints about ME3 not having some of the characters returning to be apart of the crew made me a little disappointed. Not to mention, I also don't replay games until I beat every other game in the series before coming back. Kinda making me wish I bought ME3 a little later than buying it on day 1. Last time I played, I seem to recall either finishing all the loyalty missions or I have only Miranda left. Everything felt like I was coming to the endgame and I didn't want to continue lol.

Anyway, a lot of my time (what little of it I have) has been spent on playing fighting games. [b]Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition[/b] to be exact. Sometimes I switch to [b]Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3[/b], but most of my attention has been on SSF4. Me and SSF4 is like a marriage if I had to compare it. Some moments I love it and think it's the best fighting game around, and other times I hate it and want to chuck it out the window. The main reason is because of my limited time to learn the mechanics (especially since I came into the game pretty late). I don't want to be a tournament player or anything, but I'd like to be really good in the game. I even decided to dial it back a bit and start fresh. Made the full transition to using a fight stick, and went back to playing shoto characters, mainly Ken (and possibly Evil Ryu) because I gotta have fun with the game as well as learn the fundamentals all over again too.

I've dabbled with [b]Persona 4 Arena[/b] too, and I was caught completely off-guard by the game. I was amazed at how easily accessible the game was, especially considering how technical SSF4 is where you gotta focus on learning links even though they can be so hard to pull off, while here in P4A, you can just push buttons and feel like you know what you're doing. Of course that's not the correct way, but you get the point. It's too bad that the roster is small though, and I think this is my issue with all of Arc Systems games, but I understand why they do it as well.

The game I'm focused on now is [b]Street Fighter X Tekken[/b]. There was a lot of problems when the game 1st came out, but since the release of the 2013 patch it's had a resurgence, and it looks really fun, and even before the patch came out the core gameplay looked fun. Not exactly sure who my main team will be, but I'm leaning towards Jin/Hwoarang, Jin/Steve, or Ken/Jin. But even then, I'm also considering Kazuya, Guy, Cody and Lars as well. I won't be messing with the Capcom characters too much since they're almost identical to the way they are in SSF4. The Tekken characters on the other hand, because they have dashes that get them through fireballs, and the Tekken chains can make up for all the fancy combos that I'll have a hard time pulling off, just makes them more interesting. Because this game is using a similar engine to that of SSF4, I am glad that FADC's are gone. That made SSF4 far more complicated than it needed to be (Ironically I still want to learn how to do that). I do like the idea of having charge moves that you can cancel out of though. Makes things a lot easier, I actually wish they make all special moves charge-cancelable, but that's just a nitpick. Anyway, do I like this game more than SSF4? I can't answer that yet, but I can see myself liking it a little more down the line considering it's more accessible than SSF4.

More [b]Street Fighter X Tekken[/b] madness. Then again, I wouldn't call it madness since I'm finally beginning how to utilize training mode. I'm probably not doing it correctly, or doing it like everyone else does it (I think they go into movement and practice normals first), but I think I'm getting how to utilize it better. I think part of this also comes from the Tekken cast. I don't know, I'm just finding them a lot more enjoyable than the Street Fighter roster, but then again I just really like Jin and Hwoarang (maybe I really need to get back into the Tekken series). I will say that I hate these troll characters that're in the game though (Cole, Toro, Koro, Puma, Pac-Man, Megaman... They have no business here what-so-friggin-ever. I know Puma is a Tekken character, but I hate that he was in Tekken to begin with).

That set aside, Capcom did lie to me. I thought I was getting all DLC costumes when I bought Street Fighter 25th Anniversary, but all that was included was the 1st character swap, not to mention these color palettes and gems cost as well. It's stuff like this that really pisses me off when it comes to DLC, and reminds me why I hate DLC in the first place. I was talking to someone at another site about why games don't have that replay value anymore (Originally we were talking about Batman Arkham City). To me DLC is the cause of it. We used to be able to play games and unlock meaningful stuff in the process (Outfits/Costumes that boost stats or something of that nature). Finding hidden cutscenes (but then again, I'd say RPG's got that covered at least) that you didn't find on your first playthrough. I used to back Capcom, but I understand why they're being called Cashcom (I'm a little late to the party though).

Not to mention I'm currently going through one of those little gaming funks where nothing really satisfy you, but a few slump of games (and right now that slump for me is SFxT, Mass Effect and MGS). Hell, I tried playing God of War 3 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for the first time, and damn near wanted to seal them up and send them back to the place I got them from.

Anyway, trying to come away from all this moody stuff, I am trading in quite a few games (some big names along with no names) for Infamous Collection, Prototype 1&2, Alpha Protocol, Dragon Age 2, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Hopefully these will get me outta my funk. If that don't work then it may be time for a break from games in general.

Sorry for the venting/ranting. Had to get some stuff off my chest.

• 2 weeks later...
mgr-cover_2485372b.jpg

I haven't gotten deep into the game yet, and I'm still getting used to the controls, but I'm enjoying this game. The better I get at this game the more hooked I become because the combat just feel so good. If there's a story I don't know about it because I haven't been paying attention to it. A lot of games these days are lacking in the fun department, and lacking the replay value that I look for. I feel MGR:R brought me out of my funk simply because of how fun and satisfying it is. I'm hearing it's a short game, but that gives me even more fuel to replay the game on a higher difficulty, especially since you actually unlock meaningful stuff for beating the game on higher difficulties (I'd much rather unlock costumes than pay for them)

I also took silpheedpilot's advice and ordered DmC: Devil May Cry. I'm expecting it to arrive between today and tomorrow. I don't expect to have his reactions and claim it's the best in the series, but I do expect to have fun and feel satisfied. The combat looks like it'll have that satisfying feel to it, especially after a long day at work. I also hear that this game is fairly short, but again, that's giving me a reason to replay the game.

I'm also trading in a buttload of games (pretty much doing an overhaul in a way). I'm keeping the Metal Gears, Uncharteds, Mass Effects, Halos, Devil May Crys, Ninja Gaidens, and my fighters, but everything else is gone. Not exactly sure what I'll be getting in return.

EDIT:

4 days later and the game is now done, at least the story is anyway. Great game imo, especially since it was something I needed. Blade mode nearly pissed me off towards the end, but I think that's because I was pressing the buttons instead of using the Right Analog stick. I feel stealth wasn't needed at all for this game since it felt like a waste. For this type of game, that encourages you to try and rank as high as possible, trying to do a stealth run feels outta place. Not to mention from what I gathered of it, the only possible way to be stealthy is to stick to higher ground and even then, that can only get you so far (there are these little critter-like things that is hard to see).

Anyway, the game didn't bring anything new to the table, and I can't say that it's better than DMC3 or DMC4, but even then, it's just a great game to play simply because of the satisfaction of slicing people up (as demented as that sounds my sanity is still in check). In some ways I wish the game could've been a little longer just for the sake of having more weapons and whatnot. Speaking of weapons, the sub-weapons in the game were useless. Those definitely could've went towards more weapons to collect and upgrade. But then I just like the idea of upgrading and customizing these days. But in the end it's just a fun game.

Now I'm off to play DmC: Devil May Cry.

EDIT2:

DmC: Devil May Cry
I will say that I am enjoying the game from a combat perspective. Story never really mattered when it came to these types of games, but it is hit or miss,but then again I'm just not a fan of the atmosphere. However, putting that aside it's not nearly as bad as fanboys put it, but it's not nearly as great as the critics acclaim it is either, nor is it the best DMC game as of yet, at least not for me, but it is a good game, and it (along with Metal Gear Rising) brought me out of my slump.

The combat portion of the game is fun from what I've played of it. I won't say it feels force, but having to switch the way you fight when they start bringing in demons that can only be hit with a specific type of weapon can feel a little forced. I don't think it takes much away, but I do wish NT would've given us the freedom to fight the enemies anyway we want. I will say that the combat feels much more satisfying here than the other games in the series. I don't know, the decision to slow the camera down when you finish off that last foe just felt great.

And then there's this whole 30 and 60fps debacle. I can't speak on it since that kind of talk is way above my head, but I will say that it runs decently. I say decently because I'm playing on the PS3, and I've ran into quite a few hiccups. Now I understand why they suggest getting the game on the Xbox 360. The game froze on me while I was in the middle of platforming (and fell).

Small thing, I hate the music, but that's remedied by being able to turn the music down or off, so I'm good. Other than that, it's a fun and good game.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Decided to put in more time on this game. Not to mention I also decided to drop Vergil even though he's one of my favorites. I dropped him because at the moment his combos seems more tedious, and not to mention I'm just finding his movelist boring. My current team is Spencer, Dante, Taskmaster and my secondary is Wolverine, Spencer, and Magneto. I'm actually landing combos now even though they are fairly basic, but I'm landing them now so I'm happy. Edited by Magus

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently finished playing my brother-in-law in [b]Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3[/b]. To be blunt, I got bopped. Some games he won convincingly, and some games I gave away, but in the end I learned a couple of things. 1) I need to really stick with Spencer, Dante, Hawkeye and Nova over everyone else. I haven't found my team as I'm going through a character crisis in this game (I'm actually trying to narrow down the characters this time around whereas in SSF4 I was trying to find a character to fit my style and stick with). Those 4 characters are not only fun to use, but they fit my style, and they compliment each other well. 2) I need to learn to keep things simple. Like I said, I clearly could've won some games had I kept things simple and not try to go for some of the longer combos, especially when I haven't mastered anybody in the game, let alone advanced yet. I did notice some improvements in my game although I really need to hit training mode more often than 2 days a week. Overall the games were fairly close and fun.

I also finished up [b]Mass Effect 1[/b] yesterday, and while it still holds a special place in my heart I did find myself to be more frustrated in this play-through, and that's mainly because of the Mako. I don't know what it was but for some reason I couldn't drive that thing in a straight path for nothing, and it really showed when I was driving on Ilos. Other than that I still had a blast. I do have to talk about a technical hiccup I ran into. Shutting down the Geth posts, I decided to start a long range fight (very long range) against the Geth and Garrus was firing his assault rifle, but I tried to get him to switch to his sniper rifle, but he just kept on shooting. Got in the Mako and he was still shooting (heard the noise, and you could clearly see the bullets firing behind the Mako). Got inside the building and he was still shooting. The only way I could actually stop it was to leave the planet and come back. I'm thinking about playing it again because I just made an Xbox Live account and nothing went over to ME2, and well, I don't want to play the default story.

Anyway, I got a buttload of games to arrive recently. Dragon Age 2 (I hate it), Bioshock 1&2, Borderlands 1&2, Halo 4, Infamous 1&2, Prototype 1&2, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (I plan to get fighting games on both the ps3 and xbox360). I do plan to get DmC: Devil May Cry on the Xbox 360 as well because there's quite a few glitches on the ps3 version. I heard a lot of positive feedback about the Bioshock series along with the Borderland series. I had the 1st Infamous at one point, but last time I didn't really give it a chance. Halo 4, well, I've heard mixed opinions about it, but I like the Halo series and I'm willing to try this one out.

As for what will I be playing next... Probably Halo Reach, Halo 4, and of course more UMvC3.

• 5 months later...

Currently playing StarCraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm online, pretty stuck on it at the moment though... PS3, I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas (trying to clock it in Hardcore mode, nearly there), and GTA5.

Pretty damn hard to get some free time to enjoy the gaming-side of things these days, especially when you have three kids running around the house.

• 4 months later...

So the last time I posted in this thread was nearly a year ago. A lot has changed since my last post. For starters, my interest in the fighting game genre is beginning to wane a bit. Outside of Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012 I've pretty much lost a lot of interest in them(although I will say my interest in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is beginning to rise). That being said, SSF4:AE2012 is another game I don't play at all, although I will watch it being played at a high level or whenever there is a tournament going on. I am far too behind to even attempt to try to learn the game properly (it's been about 2-3 years since I've had the game). I don't have the time for it so I'm mainly focusing on 3rd Strike and SFxT. I stopped playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 altogether. Like SSF4, I'll watch it, but won't touch it.

Anyway, still playing [b]Mass Effect 1[/b]. This time I'm playing it for the PS3. I gave my Xbox 360 along with all of my games for it to my brother since my entertainment area looked very cluttered no matter how I tried to organize it. I haven't made much progress since I haven't made it off of the Citadel yet. I just got the evidence to expose Saren. Playing as male soldier and going the paragon route. One thing I've notice between the 360 and PS3 is that the loading times on the PS3 is much longer, and there's a lot more technical hiccups. I just hope I don't run into anything drastic. Oh yeah, the main reason why I decided to buy the PS3 version is because of the DLC seems like it could be a lot easier to access (I've never bought anything through Xbox Live before)

Also playing [b]Warrior's Orochi 3[/b]. This has been my go to game for anger. For quite some time after Dynasty Warriors 4 I decided to leave this series alone because it was doing nothing but repeating, and nothing has really changed now, but I can't deny that it's just mindless fun, and it feels pretty good to just hack away a countless enemies on the screen. I've also tried [/I]Bleach: Soul Resurrecion, Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes, and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3[/I] and was very disappointed in all 3 games. Considering the amount of characters in each series and the amount that was used in each game, and the characters that were missing just made it an overall disappointment (felt as if they were half-assed Musou games). I've been thinking about getting One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, but I'm thinking I'm going to run into the same problem as the other games. Warrior's Orochi 3 is good for me considering the amount of characters in it and the amount of enemies you can kill. The same with [b]Dynasty Warriors 8[/b], although, DW8 was good I did hate that it forced you to use characters instead of giving you the option to pick who you want.

And then there's [b]Street Fighter x Tekken[/b]. Like I said, I don't really have the time to put into learning fighting games the way I want to, but SFxT is on the easy side imo when it comes to it's mechanics. CADC is probably the only hard thing in the game for me, but it's not absolutely needed, whereas the FADC's in SSF4:AE is needed to really progress in that game, and it's a mechanic that I find pretty hard to learn and I don't have the time for that. Anyway, the last time I spoke about this game I was using Jin, Hwoarang , Ken and possibly more. Not much has really changed, although I've narrowed my character choices down to Jin and Hwoarang, I've added Asuka to the mix as well. I'm still thinking about using Ken too mainly because he has a costume where he wears a tux, and well, all my picks has a costume where they are wearing some form of a suit (except Hwoarang)

As far as the new gen games, I don't own the Xbox 1 or PS4, and the games that're out on it at the moment I have no interest in them, and the only games I've seen that are coming out on them are coming out for the PS3 as well so I don't see a reason to get either at the moment. I will get a PS4 later on down the line though.

• 2 weeks later...
Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles.
Never had a Wii when it first came out and then it became ludicrously over priced. Then my buddy said he had it and my parents gave me their Wii they weren't using and, well, bam!
It's a really amazing game, and if you can get your hands on it then I highly suggest playing it.
Great battle system, expansive world, tons of content, and an awesome story.
One of the best RPGs I've played in a very long time.

• 2 months later...

Here's my current list by platform:

PC - Civilization V

I still play this game semi-regularly. It's brilliant. For me, it never gets old (and I just recently bought a new iMac, so I can run this with full graphics settings and it looks rather lovely).

PC - SimCity

Now that the price has fallen significantly, I have finally bit the bullet.

Maxis has had plenty of time to get the game stable, and it works well.

There are some things that are a bit disappointing (very small city plot sizes for example - they could allow plots up to double the size) - but overall I'm enjoying it. Sandbox mode is a great addition, the visuals are awesome, and the gameplay is a nice combination of being highly intuitive and also quite sophisticated.

Xbox 360 - Mass Effect 2

On my second play-through, with a female Shephard.

A bit like Civ, I play this one here and there. I still love Mass Effect, especially Mass Effect 2; can't wait for the next trilogy on the new consoles.

PS4 - Octodad

I only just got a PS4 and I'm rotating a few games around.

Octodad is insanely weird, but the concept and execution is very clever. So far I'm really enjoying it, although it gets a bit too frustrating to play for longer periods of time.

PS4 - Killzone Shadowfall

I got this game with the PS4. Never played a Killzone title before this one.

Gorgeous graphics and sound really hit you with this game. The 3D sound in particular is fantastic.

Story-wise, it's pretty decent; there are some really strong Half-Life 2 influences throughout, which isn't a bad thing (as I love HL2).

Having said that, the gameplay isn't always terribly clever (although it has some major high points). The game can get a bit boring with very long play sessions, but I must say, I'm definitely enjoying it.

PS4 - Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Not quite sure what to say about this one.

I buy all the MGS titles; I love the gameplay and the stories, so this was a no-brainer.

Maybe because this is a bit of a preview of the full game, I'm not really feeling that I'm getting into the meat of any significant story. Mostly, the plot is so far just a thinly veiled commentary on Guantanamo Bay. And given past MGS lore, I'm finding that to be a bit lazy.

However, I've only just started it, and again, I'm aware that it's just a preview. We'll see what the final game is like.

Having said that, gameplay is great and I don't mind the changes that the team made (things like tagging enemies actually work pretty well).

Visuals and sound are both outstanding as you'd expect. So, I can't wait for the full version of the game to arrive.

PS4 - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I only just started this one too (yesterday actually), but I'm already falling in love with it; I really hope it doesn't get too repetitive or boring.

After only a couple of hours of playing this, there's just so much to say: visuals and sound are stunning, controls and movement are beautifully designed, the plot is so far pretty good, and there's a really elegant mix of well-established MMORPG stuff as well as lots of small and thoughtful touches that really stand out.

This game just feels great to play. The combat especially is heaps of fun.

I'm thinking this might be my new Guild Wars, which is a big statement, especially given that it attracts a monthly fee (and I've so far refused to buy any games that require this...)

Despite being a big MGS fan I refuse to buy Ground Zeroes because this could've easily been included in the actual release of Phantom Pain (kind of like MGS2&3 divided the games).

I'm still not hipped onto buying any of the newer consoles as of yet, but I just recently heard that Microsoft is going to release a Kinect-less version of the Xbox 1, and I may very well consider buying one some time before the year is up because of that decision, not to mention there was an announcement that there's a Halo collection coming to the X1 as well. So I've had quite the change of heart towards Microsoft as of late. I still want to play Killer Instinct as well.

As for the PS4, I'm still planning to get it. Nothing's been announced to really get my attention though. 

Anyway,

Guilty Gear XX: AC+R

Been playing this a lot more as of late. As much as I love Capcom fighters, the community (online portion) itself is really pushing me away from capcom games. Granted, I don't take anything from the net serious, but the way some of these folk act is what kills the fgc in general. To shy away from all that noise though, I've tried out Johnny, and while that dude is probably the definition of style he's probably a little too hard for me to use at the moment so I've decided to use Sol Badguy and Order-Sol. Go from stylish to bad@$$. I'm digging the amount of freedom in this game (along with Blazblue).

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Originally, the musou style games were my go to games for anger, but that's changed. The Arkham series seems to be filling in that void for me. Probably for the next month or 2, I'll be playing this along with Arkham City and Origins waiting for the newest Batman game and dealing with anger as well.

Yugioh 5D Over the Nexus

Little guilty pleasure here. Yugioh started it all for me. Got me into message boards and then got me into anime as well, and eventually led me here. Anyway, decided to reset everything against my better judgment because I wanted to unlock everything again, and I'm kinda kicking myself for it. Unlocking these packs is a big pain, especially when you have to start with such a crappy deck. Anyway, I'm currently on chapter 5, and have managed to put together a rather nice macro deck. Currently deciding on if I want to continue dueling against random ppl so I can win their best card or just wait till I get the packs they're in. The little mini-game is very tedious, but a lot of these cards can be worth it. "shrugs"

Edited by Magus

• 1 month later...

When I find time, I try to play Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. It's a pretty decent follow up to the original, but has a bit too many stealth missions for my tastes. But lately I've become rather addicted to Ace Combat Infinity.....free to play AC Online is pretty damn awesome.

Despite being a big MGS fan I refuse to buy Ground Zeroes because this could've easily been included in the actual release of Phantom Pain (kind of like MGS2&3 divided the games).

It's interesting you say that, because based on E3...there are some really big gameplay differences between Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes. It's as though GZ was more of a test bed or beta (almost).

I have now played through Ground Zeroes once, and it only took maybe a couple of hours. However, I'm very aware of the fact that I kind of went straight from A-B. There seems to be a lot more to explore in the game world.

Having said that, based on what I've seen from E3, I think that Konami are adding some really great improvements to the gameplay for Phantom Pain. So, I think PP will feel very different from GZ, in the end.

I almost see GZ as more of a proof of concept. It's worth picking up if you love the MGS franchise. Although I'm a bit behind on the story, I think; there are a lot of recordings and things you can pick up and listen to, and I don't have much context for these...so maybe I need to really sit there and listen through all of them.

It's interesting you say that, because based on E3...there are some really big gameplay differences between Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes. It's as though GZ was more of a test bed or beta (almost).

I have now played through Ground Zeroes once, and it only took maybe a couple of hours. However, I'm very aware of the fact that I kind of went straight from A-B. There seems to be a lot more to explore in the game world.

Having said that, based on what I've seen from E3, I think that Konami are adding some really great improvements to the gameplay for Phantom Pain. So, I think PP will feel very different from GZ, in the end.

I almost see GZ as more of a proof of concept. It's worth picking up if you love the MGS franchise. Although I'm a bit behind on the story, I think; there are a lot of recordings and things you can pick up and listen to, and I don't have much context for these...so maybe I need to really sit there and listen through all of them.

You're not lying about what was shown at E3. My goodness was I stoked for seeing Phantom Pain (I saw the trailer that had the song Nuclear playing in it as well as a 30:00 demo. Awesome stuff. Can easily be GotY) Seeing you say GZ is almost like a beta just don't sit well with me. In a sense, it kind of reminds me of Batman Arkham Origins. There's a season pass for $20 and all you really get for it is some costumes and 4 hrs of extra gameplay stuff. And even then, that's actually more reasonable to me than payng $30 for something close to a beta. With that said though, I do want to play Ground Zeroes. I just hope Konami release a bundle or something where you can get both GZ and PP.

[b]SSF4:AE2012[/b]

Still going through a character crisis, but this time it's [i]Gouken[/i] and [i]Oni[/i] that I've decided to play as. I'm getting a bit more and more discouraged to play this game simply because of folks online. Granted, I understand the saltfest the comes with the territory when it comes to fighting games, but these people are ridiculous. Between playing these people to reading the forums (I'm still learning and trying to improve my game mind you) it's like all people can do is just whine. And with the release of Ultra Street Fighter 4, it's been nothing but constant complaint after complaint. You'd think the crowd behind the Guilty Gear games, King of Fighter games, or even the 3D fighting games would do all this whining compared to Capcom's fandom since SF4 is considered to be the best, but no these people at like they have common sense.

Speaking on other fighting games.

[b]King of Fighters 13[/b]

This game is fricken hard, but still, I'm getting more and more into this game. 

[b]Guilty Gear XX:AC+R[/b]

Nothing to really say about this game. Probably my favorite fighting game at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Putting a lot of time into Animal Crossing: New Leaf lately. It's such a cute way to unwind or kill time. Right now I've gotta wait until tonight to pick it up again because of the game's real time clock and time-based events so I have no idea what to do with myself.

Trying to add some mods to Skyrim in the mean time...we'll see how that goes.

Recently been playing DESTINY and got to say Bungie did an amazing job with this game. I have lost so much sleep to it running with the clan trying to get better gear and take on harder challenges.

Currently trying to get geared up to start taking on the nightfall strike while I try to get this new exotic weapon bounty done

I have heard a lot of people talk bad about it but I have no clue what they see is wrong with it. I currently along with most of my friends on Playstation have been on this game nonstop trying to get to the top event though I have heard it is ridiculously hard. I can't wait

• 2 weeks later...

Playing everything on the PS3. My xbox360 is is on the fritz at the moment.

Assassin's Creed 2

Restarted from the beginning. Have never played from beginning to end. Always tend to get fatigued around the part when you're going after the golden mask. Anyway, I'm in Venice getting ready to meet up with Leonardo (the assassination before the golden mask), although, I am getting fatigued yet again.

Batman Arkham City

My go to game for anger at the moment. I'm probably the only oddball that actually likes Origins over this and Asylum, but it's more for aesthetics value and the characters that were used in that one. Anyway, I'm currently on my way to the League of Assassin's. I'm getting better when it comes to blade takedowns, not to mention just getting used to the combat in general. Probably could get away with just button mashing, but knowing that you can do better by taking your time makes the combat feel better.

Mass Effect

Just picking up from where I last left off. The only thing I did since then was tackle the DLC mission. I have mixed opinions about it. I like the action, but it was hampered by the background colors. I couldn't see what I was up against until the geth drones (?) were right up on me. They blended in with the background colors and with all the gunfire it was just hard to see what was what.

I've long since stopped playing Street Fighter 4. From the constant character crisis to the constant whining from capcom fans it's just been hard to keep any interest in the game. I've moved onto playing/studying Guilty Gear XXAC+R a lot more now. I think it has the right # of characters whereas anything over 30 just becomes too time consuming, which I don't have the time to try and figure out how to handle 30+ matchups.

Edit:

I take that back about SF4. I'll only play it with family and friends, and live in person, but random people online, I'll stay away from.

Edited by Magus

• 2 weeks later...

Mortal Kombat Komplete - Storymode. Currently trying desperately to defeat Shao Khan. I bought this game on an impulse since it had been so long since playing MK. I miss needing a game guide. Idk... I hate the fact that everything which was once golden to know is so easily available now. 

Animal Crossing New Leaf - It's my favorite thing to do when I can't sleep and am too lazy to get out of bed. 

Fable 3 - I've had this game for a while, started playing then got distracted by life so recently restarted from the beginning. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, man. Let's see...

PS4:

I'm currently pouring countless hours into Destiny and loving it. It's a beautiful game - when I'm not knee-deep in the forces of darkness doing a Strike I'm just wandering around and exploring the gorgeous environments on the moon, Venus, or Mars....or Russia.

PS3:

When I'm not feeling Destiny (most likely 'cause my connection is shoddy that day) I'll be slicing faces off with my Psycho on Borderlands 2. Yeah, I was a little late to the party with this one, but I'm loving it pretty hard.

PS2:

Okay, yeah, so I still have my PS2 around, and there are still a few games for it I never went back and finished - such as  Shin  Megami Tensei's Digital Devil Saga 2 and Nocturne . Both are simply awesome titles, and I still love playing them.

Wii U:

Alright, so I picked up Hyrule Warriors not too long ago, and it's pretty fun. Okay, it's really fun, especially when playing with friends.

3DS:

I've been settling so many things in Smash lately. The new Super Smash Bros. is definitely ruining some friendships onboard my ship, haha. Awesome title, and I can't wait for the Wii U version. Also, besides Smash, I've been wrapping up Bravely Default and continuing my status as the Bug-Type Gym Leader (and eighth) aboard my ship on Pokemon Y. We still need more people to properly set up the Elite Four.

I've started playing Rogue Galaxy and Radiata Stories again for the PS2.

Oh man, I forgot how much I absolutely love these two games, and it really saddens me how unknown these games are, especially Rogue Galaxy. I might even say i like it more than Kingdom Hearts 2. There are a few similarities to other rpgs I've played; Kingdom Hearts, FMA: Crimson Elixir, and the battle system is like FFXII. Oh, and one of the main characters is voiced by Steve Blum. I love his voice so much... (as well as Crispin Freeman). The music though just gives me chills. Amazing OST. Also love the intense cutscenes. FREAKING CHILLS MAN.

Radiata Stories has a great storyline as well. There's more than one ending to the game, you have several different allies you can choose to fight alongside with you.

and i was going to add the best song ever from rogue galaxy but i dont know how to add videos anymore omg im so noob

Im in love with steve blum

Edited by Lyndy

I'm currently playing Destinyâ??Civilisation V (still - I can't wait for Beyond Earth on Mac!), and Shadows of Mordor which is pretty awesome, although I can see myself getting bored of it before too long.

For anyone who is on Destiny and wants to play it with me, my PSN is white-pikmin.

Finished Alien: Isolation with a friend a few weeks ago. Inspired me to dress as Amanda Ripley for Halloween. We're gonna play the DLC as soon as he gets it but right now we're trudging through The Evil Within, which isn't really as fun as Alien but is certainly pretty unsettling.

Also attempting a Wonderlocke playthrough of Pokemon Y. I've had to restart a couple times already and my current roster is pretty meh so I'm not sure how it's going to go. I might not be able to finish it before ORAS comes out and I pick up Alpha Sapphire.