OtakuBoards

Games You STILL Play

Aberinkula

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Some games we play for a week, some for a month and some we never ever put down. Games like [B]Pokémon[/B], you know you will never stop plying [B]Pokémon[/B]. Hell, I'm still playing blue version after 6 years.

So is there any games new or old that you still play?

For me it would be the [B]Pokémon [/B]franchise. I've played these games for years and I can never stop playing them. It's like a curse! the games get old after awhile, yet I still play them. the graphics aren't the greatest, but it's good enough. the game play is repetitive but fun.

[B]Megaman[/B], I love this franchise. even though it gets old after X6, it is still a great game with a very easy, yet satisfying story-line, and a the games are good side-strollers. The first ever 3D megaman I played (X7) was fun when it switched between 2 and 3D. the RPG [B]Command Mission[/B] was hard but it was also satisfying. plus Megaman Zero is a great sequel. I still play [B]megaman zero 2[/B]. I bought the megaman and the black zero action figures and I loved them.

[B][U]So what game(s) do you still play?[/U][/B]
[/COLOR]

[B]Ogre battle 64[/B]
I got this game about 7 years ago. I still play it. It has SO much content. You can get so many characters I didn't think you could get until I went to online FAQ's and found out you could get them. Of course the game play is still amazingly fun(I could watch the annihilation animation all day long). Then there are a lot of forks in the road storywise which is anohter time eater.

[B]Adiyn chronicles[/B]
It's basically kotor before kotor was kotor. It's also basically a digital version of DnD and you know how that is...
Unlike the ogre battle the graphics are really showing it's age but it is still fun to play.

[font=arial][size=1]All the classic Mega Man games, the X series included. I own most of the original NES carts, and I have both collections. Whenever I'm bored, I play through Mega Man 2 and try to beat it without dying (and I can!). I grew up on this series and every time I play one of the games now it has the same effect on me as it did then.

Contra and Super C, I started playing these again and I was shocked at just how good I am at these games. Super C is the better of the two in my opinion, and I play it far more. I really only start dying in the last level, which is good, because it takes me like every life I've gained throughout the game to get through it.

I can't say I STILL play these games, because I didn't have them as a kid, but the first three Ninja Gaiden games are such a headrush. It's so intense to just zip around the levels killing everything and trying not to get knocked off of platforms. I think Wild 9 was the last game I've played that really captures that old school feel that all these games give me. I just wish I could beat any one of these Ninja Gaiden games, haha.

Finally, The Guardian Legend was pretty much my favorite game as a kid, but playing it now, I realize some of its flaws, like the fact that it's so open-ended that you have no idea what to do. I remember using Game Genie as a kid to skip to a different area just so I could get past this weird part in the middle. Aside from the game being really confusing, it's a great blend of 1945 and Zelda, hahaha.

Oh, and on the subject of Pokemon, I literally had to HIDE MY DS to keep me from playing Pokemon Diamond.[/font][/size]

[size=1]It's gotta be the [B]Sonic[/B] series. Until just recently (with the release of [B]Sonic Mega Collection[/B]) I had my Mega Drive still set up and I'd play [B]Sonic 3 & Knuckles[/B] for hours on end. I can still remember the first time I played it on my 7th/8th Birthday. By God that was the best birthday ever, solely based on that game.

I also play the [B]Resident Evil[/B] series like there's no tomorrow, especially 4 (despite it being the newest). I'm a sucker for the first and second (Best in my opinion) [B]Tomb Raider[/B] games and naturally, [B]Pokémon[/B] is always knocking about there somewhere.

[B]Final Fantasy VII[/B] is also a regular as well as any/all of the [B]Grand Theft Auto[/B] series.[/size]

[color=#4B0082]I play Zelda. A lot. I can always pick up any of them and have fun (well, besides Zelda II and parts of Majora's Mask), especially A Link to the Past. I replayed Ocarina of Time recently, and A Link to the Past not long before that.

Super Metroid is another one that I keep going back to over and over. By now I have pretty much every bit of the map memorized, along with where all the items are, but it's still fun just to go through blasting baddies. The play control is so excellent that, when you get really good at the game, it makes you feel like a total badass to run through and effortlessly lay waste to everything in your path.

For more recent games, Super Smash Bros. and SSBM are classics that I can't put down. I'm still playing Melee a couple times a week just by myself, honing my skills on Marth, and when either of the games are brought out among friends I love to play them more than pretty much any other multiplayer game.

F-Zero GX is another one that I still play every now and then. Again, the control in this game is so fine tuned and precise that it just feels awesome to go around the harder tracks and beautifully slide through all the twists and turns. And it feels [i]fast[/i]. In the higher grand prix difficulty levels you really need fast reflexes and a steady hand?over-correcting is liable to make a mistake go from bad to worse?to deal with all the complications of sharing the track with 29 other racers. But when you pull through and get first in a particularly hard race it feels oh-so-good.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]At this stage I'm pretty sure [B]Pokémon[/b] is the gaming equivalent of crack, because no matter how hard I try to wean myself off the series, I just keep coming back for more. I've played one of every game since the originals and honestly, I reckon I'll still be playing them the series after Diamond and Pearl.

The [B]Command & Conquer[/B] and [B]Age of Empires[/B] series would be another group of games I still play, though I don't think the latest C&C game really lives up to the likes of Red Alert 2 or Tiberium Sun both of which I really enjoyed. AoE on the other hand has always been a really solid RTS series but is perhaps getting a bit repetitive in it's set up.

[b]KOTOR[/b] and [b]KOTOR 2[/b] I still play fairly regularly, though the latter more so than the former because I downloaded some new mod content recently and tried to get through the game as quickly as possible to get at it.

Currently getting back into [B]Legend of Zelda[/B] by replaying [B]Ocarina of Time[/B] as part of the Collectors Edition but as per usual I'm stuck in the Water Temple with no idea where to go. Little help please Des, given you're practically Link incarnate.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Ah... well, because my brothers' insufferable acttions are my own suffering, I will talk also of the games they play too much. Since it's release in February 2002, we have collectively never really stopped playing [B]Sonic Adventure 2 Battle[/B]. It is easily the game that we have clocked the most time into.

now, for the first couple years there was actually a lot of game playing. We've beaten the game quite a few times and played certain missions several thousand times. But, of course, it's never really been about the game. It's always been about the [B]chao garden[/B].

I can tell you... EVERYTHING... about chaos. We've researched them to minute detail. We've breed [i]hundreds[/i] of the little buggers. Even though I've never really been into it at all, I was roped into doing most of the resarch as well. It's a thing that often gets forgotten about for months at a time, only to boil to the surface once more and devour two weeks of time from my brothers' lives. It's a sick, sick obsession.

So, recently my brothers were warped into it again. My bro got a chaos chao and declared himself 'done' while my other brother only got jealous and created his own chaos chao and now spends supurfluous time levelling it in spite of complaints all around. Even my bro, who has always considered this one of his 3 favorite games ever and the one that created his Sonic obsession, has officially declared it a crappy game that he doesn't want to see anymore.

...I know he's lying to himself, though, cuz right now he's in there with his stupid friend and our youngest brother playing the first 10 seconds of [B]Iron Gate [/B]to get power-ups, going back, giving them to chaos, rinse, repeat, eternalize.

Anyway, numbers 2 and 3 are two extremely excellent games that we only stopped playing over the course of the past year due to complete and total oversaturation.While we did have one of them for a far longer time, the other is a game that we played so increadibly profusely in the time we've had it that it is rediculous.

[B]Phantasy Star Online [/B]is the game in question here, and let me tell you why I've come to hate it. You see, my brothers are idiots. Even though we've had characters with which we've reached the final boss of episodde 2, those characters are gone (data corruption - happens a lot with this game) and I cannot possibly tell you the number of characters we've had. There've been those who reached the level 20s or 30s, though most have either been in the teens or single digits by the time we cast them aside. Each of us has had every race and every class and knows how to play like a complete pro with any of them.

I could draw you a map of [B]Forest 1 and 2[/B] [i]right now[/i]. Even though I haven't played the game in 6 months, I know it like the back of my hand. So what finally got us to stop playing? [B]Phantasy Star Universe[/B], of course. Okay, PSU isn't multiplayer. But... at that point, the other two can watch the first one play and probably imagine themselves playing alongside them, lol. I, personally, was tired of PSO a while ago, but my bro needed the new game to get him to forget the old. BTW, I almost always play FoNewrl if you're interested.

Next is [B]Super Smash Bros. Melee[/B]. Because of the fact that, over the years, we've both had a thousand memory cards and only one memory card for long periods of time, we have had a very substantial amount of files for this game. And, of course, had to unlock every character almost as many times.

I don't know if you know this, but to get [B]Mewtwo [/B]alone you are required to have 20 hours of play time. Now imagine that times 11 or so. Yeah. So, I can also tell you how to get just about anything in this game. Why do we not really play it as much now? Well, because my brothers can't beat me. I'm just too good - I play Samus BTW. Not to mention there's only so many characters that are very fun to use, and the game just gets boring the buhmillionth time.

Now, this one is a bit more of a recent vintage, since I've had it since Christmas '04 but I'm still not bored of [B]Halo 2[/B]. My brothers and every friend we've had since that time have clocked insane amounts of time into multiplayer (there was even like a month where we played it on [B]Xbox live [/B]after getting our [B]360[/B]). I gotta say, it remains my favorite multiplayer game. Unfortuanetally, 90% of our play time is either at [B]Coagulation [/B]or [B]Sanctuary[/B]. (mostly the former) Coag is the only good map from the original pack IMO. The [B]Multiplayer Map Pack [/B]actually has plenty of cool ones, but Sanctuary is the best.

For my brothers, any of the [B]Pokemon [/B]games count. They still play all of them. I think that covers most of it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I have some games for the SNES that I still pull out on occasion and play, for the simple reason that they were and still are awesome games. The first is [B]Secret of Mana[/B], a story where A young man is exploring the forbidden woods near his hometown of Potos with his companions, when he falls off a bridge over a waterfall. After surviving the fall, he finds his way back home blocked by undergrowth. He finds a sword in a stone in the middle of a nearby stream, and is prompted by a mysterious voice to take it. That of course leads to him having to go on a quest to revive the sword, etc. But what's fun is you can have a friend over and they can control a second character once you pick up companions. It's got fun magic spells and though the story is predictable its still fun.

Next is[B] Illusion of Gaia[/B], also for SNES. This one is about Will who stumbles into a "Dark Space," where he meets a strange being called "Gaia". Gaia tells Will that he must leave his home and save the world from a coming evil. A comet is approaching, and it will bring ill fortune to the world. As he travels, Will gains the ability to change into other forms, each with special powers: Freedan, a dark knight, and Shadow, a solid form of energy. What's fun is that instead of the usual experience and leveling up system the game has a more unique system for advancing the player character's statistics. Defeating all enemies in a room earns the player a permanent stat bonus in the form of a jewel. These jewels increase attack, defense, or health power.

I love defeating the last monster just to see that little pause where the jewel shows up and you get it. It's just nifty looking. Heh. That and I love changing forms. And one of the area's you clear is a city floating in the sky and you end up going from the top to exploring the bottom to solve everything, I love how it's set up.

[B]Secret of Evermore[/B], also for SNES. Basically the main character after leaving a movie ends up chasing his dog who begins to chase after a cat in the street. He follows his dog, finally reaching a large, abandoned mansion. When the dog begins to chew on some wires in a hidden laboratory, the pair soon find themselves transported to the mysterious world of Evermore.

What's fun about this game is that rather than using a traditional system of collecting magic points and using them to cast learned spells, the boy must, with the help of his trusty dog's nose, find various ingredients that may be used to perform alchemic formulas which the alchemists across Evermore teach him. Overall it's great fun since it's loaded with silly references to B-movies, making it fun. [[SIZE="1"]thanks to wiki for some of the descriptions for each game I listed. ^_~[/SIZE]]

Anyway, that's enough for now, perhaps I'll add some more later. Heh. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I still play RE4.. Don't really know why, I've unlocked everything on both games, I think I just like shooting people... thats also the reason that Halo and Halo 2 got so much attention (plus the co-op mode so me and my brother could play and help each other :o). I don't really know why I still play these games though.

I at least once a year play Pokemon Puzzle League. Which isn't that bad of a game, I used to be really good, but I've kinda slacked off and my skills have suffered :p I love to hit those just frames though, so enjoyable.

I play a whole lot more, just don't really feel like thinking of all of em' =P

EDIT - Oh, I must say that I still play a lot of Nintendo games... I actually played Punch-out a couple of weeks ago.. I'm about to play it right now too!!

[COLOR="Navy"]Seeing how my ps2 (and games) is ready to be shipped (in return I'm getting a Xbox back for it.. Finally.) And my brother decided to buy a GameCube, there are going to be quite a few games I'm gonna go back and play.

[b]Ninja Gaiden[/b] being first priority. I never finished this game, and so now I can finally see how it turns out.

[b]Shenmue 2[/b] is another game that I will be going back to play mainly for it's QTE's.

[i]Halo and Halo 2[/i] aren't priorities, but I will get these games eventually just to do a little bit of co-op with my brother or sister.

As I mentioned, my brother brought a GameCube and he plans to buy Zelda: Twilight Princess, and so that leaves me to get [b]Zelda: Orcarina of Time[/b] or that Zelda collection. (Maybe both) I still have a craving to play Orcarina of Time though, so, yeah.[/COLOR]

I still play Contra for NES because lets get real it is like one of the best games ever made. I also like to replay all my old rpgs like Xenogears, the 2 Lunar games, Suikoden and all the other rpgs I own. Also, I can't fail to mention Metal Gear Solid, Bushido Blade 1 and 2, Super Smash Brothers Melee and the ps1 Inuyasha fighting game.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mario 64[/B] and [B]The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask[/B].

Both of them are still so much fun, even after all these years. The main reason being, of course, all the glitches! Nothing is better than an uber-glitchy game.

Well, I guess two uber-glitchy games are better.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

the one series i still play is all the jak and daxter stuff. sure their not that old but still, my rewason for ocasionaly playing these games (i have to rent) is the fact that these where some of the ganes i started console gaming (non-handheld) with, so its kind of a nastalgia thing. later

[color=darkred]The oldest games I own which still play are Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, and Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation. One of my friends owns many older generation consoles so when I'm at his house we have a long Mario Kart 64 session, amongst others.

My brother came back to town with all of his consoles a few weeks ago and I've been playing Gears Of War almost exclusively since then, and when I'm done with that I think I'll go back and visit MGS3: Subsistence and Resident Evil 4. It's been a while since I've played either.[/color]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]I still play this 2d racing game called "Topgear" for the super nintendo. I only play it because its just realy, realy, realy easy. Its sort of addicting to win all the time.:animesmil[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Next is [B]Super Smash Bros. Melee[/B]. Because of the fact that, over the years, we've both had a thousand memory cards and only one memory card for long periods of time, we have had a very substantial amount of files for this game. And, of course, had to unlock every character almost as many times.

I don't know if you know this, but to get [B]Mewtwo [/B]alone you are required to have 20 hours of play time. Now imagine that times 11 or so. Yeah. So, I can also tell you how to get just about anything in this game. Why do we not really play it as much now? Well, because my brothers can't beat me. I'm just too good - I play Samus BTW. Not to mention there's only so many characters that are very fun to use, and the game just gets boring the buhmillionth time.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Technically it's 5. Plug in 4 controllers, go to four man melee, set a timer and let it simmer.

Anyway, I have a severe addiction to [B]Tales of Symphonia[/B]. I go through the game un and re-forgiving every character at least 5 times. On top of that, I spend lots of time deciding whether Lloyd gets love or [spoiler]Kratos[/spoiler] this time around. (he frequently ends up with Raine or Sheena. Mostly Raine.) Is there a Tales Anonymous group somewhere?

[quote name='Tombstone']As I mentioned, my brother brought a GameCube and he plans to buy Zelda: Twilight Princess, and so that leaves me to get Zelda: Orcarina of Time or that Zelda collection. (Maybe both) I still have a craving to play Orcarina of Time though, so, yeah.[/quote]

Don't waste your money. The collector's edition has Ocarina of Time, as well as Zelda I and II and Majora's Mask.