OtakuBoards

Sad Anime Deaths

koon

Um, I hope no one has used this topic... This is my first thread I've done. If it sucks, sorry! Just jot down sad anime deaths and why they're sad! Mine was with Naruto's Haku because he was my fave character. I hate the fact that he had to die so greusomely!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might wanna use spoiler tags for that bud. Anyway my most tragic death I have witnessed in an anime is from

[B]Mahoromatic Maiden[/B]

[spoiler]When Mahoro died I was literally cried for like 20 minutes even after she came back to life. You knew it was coming but when it came...oh dear Jesus is was tragic.

I was so happy when things worked out I cried again...that was a damn good series.[/spoiler]

[B]Saber Marionette J[/B]

[spoiler]When the red head died...to be honest I didn't know if I could go on watching...this was incredibly sad. She died for basically no reason and she was such a great character. Luckily she came back later.

then Marine died and she is my favorite character of all time...I was crushed...luckily I was so enthralled by the series itself I kept watching.[/spoiler]

Thats about it.

[quote name='koon']Um, I hope no one has used this topic... This is my first thread I've done. If it sucks, sorry! Just jot down sad anime deaths and why they're sad! Mine was with Naruto's Haku because he was my fave character. I hate the fact that he had to die so greusomely![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I actually really liked that death. Don't get me wrong, he was my favorite character back when I was into Naruto, but I thought his death was beautiful and kewl.

Sad deaths? [spoiler]go watch Kanon and Air[/spoiler] both are chocked full of depressing pancakes... and a lot of FALSE PANCAKES in one of them lol.

Other than that, from Simoun there was [spoiler]Mamiina's death which wasn't as dramatic as I'd have liked, but still pretty sad. At least she brought out the best in Rodoraemon.[/spoiler]

AND OH MY EFFING GOD, there was NO MAN who didn't shed tears when [spoiler]Kamina ate MANLY PANCAKES[/spoiler] in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Easily one of the most memorable deaths ever. [/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]At the end of Chrono Crusade, [spoiler]Rosette's death was a one of the saddest for me. It was one of the few anime deaths to actually make me shed tears rather than just get a bit teary-eyed. Throughout the whole series it sort of made me think they'd find a way to save her but it never happened. And then the way they showed it, with just her and Chrono sitting alone on the porch swing as it finally hit home that she really was out of time and she broke down and cried.... I couldn't help but cry along with Azmaria and the others when they found her the next morning.[/spoiler]

Air's [spoiler]Misuzu[/spoiler] ranks up there on my list as well.[/color]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Yeah...umm.....how about the Fourth Hokage? I mean seriously, could you imagine a Naruto series where [B]the Fourth Hokage lived[/B]? Omg, that would be AWESOME. I'm sure Naruto would have learned so many more cool jutsu, and Naruto probably wouldn't have had the Nine-Tailed Fox sealed inside him either(whether that was bad is debatable^^). Hell, he probably wouldn't have even had the same personality. If I had to guess, I'd said his personality would be more like Sasuke's because Naruto would feel like he was royalty too, considering the fact that [spoiler]it would be known to all that he was the son of the Fourth Hokage[/spoiler]. So yeah, sad death? The Fourth Hokage.[/SIZE][/FONT]:animestun

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Yeah...umm.....how about the Fourth Hokage?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Meh, we really don't know enough about him for me to be saddened by his death. Now given the current fight going on between [spoiler]Jiraiya and Pein[/spoiler], the former's death has the chance to really depress me because he's so awesome.

[b]Dragonball Z[/b]
OK, OK, so nobody really stays dead, but when I first started watching the show, before I knew about the Dragonballs themselves, and [spoiler]Vegeta was killed on Namek by Frieza[/spoiler] I was actually nearly brought to tears. It wasn't really his dying, but more his sort of redeeming speech as he was dying, when he opens up about his life and why the way he was was down to Frieza. That last tearful "Don't let him do to anyone else what he did to me" made me feel so sad.

Then of course he was resurrected and acted as if nothing happened, which sucked...:animesigh[/SIZE]

[spoiler][COLOR="black"][FONT="Tahoma"]At the end of Kite when Sawa's love interest is shot. She stays at home with their cats crawling over her, begging for food. But she tells them to be patient, even though her boyfriend was just shot dead on the street, while on his errand to bring cat food home.

She waits and waits, but he never comes.[/FONT][/COLOR][/spoiler]

This is old school but [spOiler]Roy Fokker[/spoiler] from Macross/Robotech was sad and unexpected. That was the first real anime death that I remember. This was a long time ago when there weren't really deaths in any "cartoons" on TV in the 80s.

[quote name='LazLong']This is old school but [spOiler]Roy Fokker[/spoiler] from Macross/Robotech was sad and unexpected. That was the first real anime death that I remember. This was a long time ago when there weren't really deaths in any "cartoons" on TV in the 80s.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Aw man, I can't tell you how pissed I was. Well, maybe proud or in manly pain would be better explanations. I gotta say, though, he went out in the most badass way I've ever seen a character go out. That scene was brilliant.
[/COLOR]

For me the saddest anime death would have to be [spoiler]Kenshin Himura's[/spoiler] from Samurai X.Instead of having a honorable death in battle he died of leprosy.I mean how lame is that?!The only good thing about him not dying in battle is he was still known as the best.But he could have been in battle,gotten wounded,killed the bad guy,and then died.But thats just my opinion.

[quote name='Sazumechan']For me the saddest anime death would have to be [spoiler]Kenshin Himura's[/spoiler] from Samurai X.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way! You wait and wait but it ends so crappishly! But it was beautiful...

Sad deaths? Well... I watched Full Moon and [COLOR="Black"]the old man's death was depressing... Mitsuki was so sad then, scared even. I felt so well, weird too. Because of his death maybe. It's just, that the old man didn't do anything wrong and he had to die. It was just so depressing...[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sazumechan']For me the saddest anime death would have to be [spoiler]Kenshin Himura's[/spoiler] from Samurai X.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]The whole Reflection OAV was really sad for me as well. I thought it was really good, though, and couldn't figure out why I was hearing so much hate about it on the net. Then I read the manga and discovered why.

After the Kyoto story arc, the anime's story splits off from the manga completely. And the Trust and Betrayal OAVs are actually just a small part of the revenge arc in the manga that happens after the Kyoto arc. Reflection makes up a totally different ending from the manga. So, yeah, I'd suggest reading the manga if you want the whole story past the Kyoto arc (which is better than the anime by far, with the exception of the Trust and Betrayal segment), and a happier ending where [spoiler]Kenshin doesn't die.[/spoiler][/color]

I recently purchased Naruto vols. 22-24 and I found an even more greusome death.
[spoiler] In the Sasuke Retreval arc, the Sound Ninja Four fight back against our heroes. In Inuzuka Kiba's fight, he battles Sakon/Ukon. Just when things look bleak, Kankuro comes with puppets Karasu and Kuroari and encases Sakon/Ukon in a blade filled chamber.[/spoiler] I'll stop there!

Probably the one from Fushigi Yuugi when [spoiler]Nuriko died.[/spoiler] That monster from the evil side killed him that I cried at the sight of it.

=>Jen [COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][INDENT]I added spoiler tags to your post, next time, when posting something that can spoil it for someone who has yet to see the show, use spoiler tags. Thanks! ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/FONT][/COLOR]

I would have to say the saddest ending ive ever seen in an anime ever was the end of Cowboy Bebop. Spike was my fave :animecry:(avatar) but i still love it to this very day! I had a manly breakdown <_< >_> where i almost cried when i saw it end.

The ending to Evangelion was also a heart breaker.

Quite surprising that no one mentioned [spoiler]Maes Hughes[/spoiler] of Fullmetal Alchemist. I mean, that just sucked. [spoiler]Family man, left his wife and daughter behind simply for getting in a little too deep and facing off against a person who doesn't die unless you kill them just right. It was unfair for everyone involved, especially since the Homunculi probably just brushed it off as "Another one o' dem humans. Don't we have, like, 6 billion of those?"[/spoiler]

I know its a lil off I guess but in the episode 'Death' of Fullmetal Alchemist when [spoiler]Ed was killed by Envy cause of that one moment...he saw Envy's real face once that he was stabbed in the chest[/spoiler] I was sad but I was sadder in the last episode when [spoiler]Al transmuted himself to save Ed[/spoiler] to me I the I soooo close to cry I just teared

& the one time in Yu Yu Hakusho when [spoiler]Kuwabara was shotin the chest by Togoro[/spoiler] Im a huge Kuwabara fan I puched my knuckles to the floor hard once I saw that *& seeing Yukina cry made it work* but it panned in the end when [spoiler]he wasnt really dead[/spoiler] & Yusuke kicked his *** XD!!!

[color=#4B0082]OMG the spoilers. :o (Good thing I've seen FMA already.) Please remember to use spoiler tags in the future; you can see an example of how to use them on [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler][u]this page[/u][/url]. Have fun! - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[SIZE="3"]Wolf's Rain [/SIZE]

[spoiler]I literally cried when the main wolves died, one after another. I think I cried the most with the death of Hige and Blue, the two had to watch each other die slowly... Of course I cried over the death of little Toboe, he died trying to protect someone who hated him .___. God, I couldn't stop crying, it took me like 10 minutes to finally calm down -___- I also cried for Tsume, Kiba, Cheza, Cher, Hubb and, yes, even Quint... the only person I didn't cry for was Darcia. Why? Because he got what he deserved -.- jerk... I was glad he didn't make it to paradise.[/spoiler]

Anyways, back to the disscussion, saddest death, I stand beside [B]Wolf's Rain[/B], a great anime that's one of my favs, for the win :animesmil

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Tahoma"]I have to bring up the [spoiler]Hughes Death[/spoiler] from FMA as well. That was one of the very few instances in an anime where I actually teared up and almost cried. [spoiler]They went through the series, introduced us to this great familiy man that was humourous, serious, and very involved with his family. The moment we started falling I had trouble holding back the tears. The hardest part though was when Gracia started crying during his funeral followed by Mustang.. It was almost too much.[/spoiler]

-Cruiz[/FONT][/SIZE]

[spoiler]Shinku and Suigintou[/spoiler] from Rozen Maiden
[spoiler](Even if Shinku comes back to life @_@!)[/spoiler][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][INDENT]Next time use spoiler tags so you don't ruin it for someone who has yet to see the show. Thanks! ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest DeviantGhost
I'd say [spoiler]Haku's death too,I too liked Haku,[/spoiler]it's not fair I want him alive!!![COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][INDENT]Next time use spoiler tags so you don't ruin it for someone who has yet to see the show. Thanks! ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/FONT][/COLOR]