OtakuBoards

School Life

Guest Mothonic_Fan07

Guest Mothonic_Fan07
Everyone tends to go to school, well except those who graduted or drop out. :animesigh Anyway, what do you care for? Friends, Family, what?:confused:

My response is school life for me isn't doing so well.:animeangr I had to take an SOL Retake test and I had to go to PAD for not listening to my teacher. I HATED IT when I had to copy an entire newspaper article!:animeangr But it's been laidback that day.

[font="trebuchet ms"] Right now I'm regretting that I didn't do early action/decision to any schools. Three of my friends just got into MIT, another into UPenn, and another into Vanderbilt, and it sucks that I have to sit at home and write another 6 essays. [/font]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The past 2 weeks saw a dramatic change in my school life. Until then, I had this AP English class that I was angsting over, and I was failing... basically, everything. However, 2 weeks ago there was an incident where I nearly got expelled and I ended up dropping the AP class to go down to core. Since then my life has been beautiful and I only think about school when I'm there, usually not paying attention but my grades have magically started climbing, lol. [/COLOR]

SOL? PAD?

School is bad for me right now =( I have an 89% in one of my classes omg. And overall, my grades really bother me. Like, I have a 99% in one class because I screwed up on one test D: And in AVID, I dropped from a 102% to a 90% because of one pop quiz ='( Even though it's back up to 94%, I'm still disappointed.

As for my college classes, I'm doing okay though. I was guaranteed an A in my Civilization course, because I did so much extra credit and stuff, the professor said I didn't have to take the final. Precalculus is the same. I have an A in that class, so I just need to do well on the final and the other tests.

Hmm... School organizations have been okay too. I told my friend once, when our Art Club started, that I would become President of the club and take over. Recently, the president who had once refused to give up her position, contacted me and asked if I would relieve her of presidency next semester =3 If it all works, I will finally control over 66% of all of my school's clubs =D And I hope to get the Art Club to finally be active !

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] Right now I'm regretting that I didn't do early action/decision to any schools. Three of my friends just got into MIT, another into UPenn, and another into Vanderbilt, and it sucks that I have to sit at home and write another 6 essays. [/font][/QUOTE]ED is not as good as you think it is. If you get a no, you screw your chances for schools that have rolling admissions.

You made the right call, IMO. No one should do ED, ever. It's just really stupid/dangerous unless schools have been asking you to come to them with promises of full tuition from day one.

[quote name='AzureWolf']
You made the right call, IMO. No one should do ED, ever. It's just really stupid/dangerous unless schools have been asking you to come to them with promises of full tuition from day one.[/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Well, my friends are also ridiculously rich. lol ED wasn't a problem for them, money-wise. But, I have no idea what rolling admissions are.[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] Well, my friends are also ridiculously rich. lol ED wasn't a problem for them, money-wise. But, I have no idea what rolling admissions are.[/font][/QUOTE]Rolling admissions just refers to the school reviewing applications as they are received. Very few schools actually wait until their designated deadline to look at all the applicants. So in a rolling admissions setting, you have a better chance the earlier your application goes in, because more spots are open and they haven't seen "your type" of applicant before.

Any school that has interviews most likely has rolling admissions. Sucks to hear that you are playing the waiting game though. Not knowing is worst than facing rejection, IMO. But hey, it's not over till it's over!

School is okay for me. I almost royally ****** up in one of my classes, because I got the schedule for finals week all mixed up in my head and ended up missing one of my final exams. However, through the means of a Christmas miracle (code for copious, humiliating begging), my professor was kind enough to let me take the test before the week ended. I got a B+ in the class, which was sort of disappointing considering I was well on my way to an A, but I'm lucky to have a grade at all, so I'm not too annoyed about that lol.

My other classes weren't bad. The highlight of my quarter was writing a 15-page research paper in my Communication Research class about interpersonal relationships in [i]Dexter[/i]. <3

Newspaper work was fun, too, but also stressful. My fellow editors are ****ing great, though, and our paper doesn't look like utter dogshit anymore, either, which is nice. I also had [url=http://media.www.thepolypost.com/media/storage/paper1127/news/2007/11/27/Opinion/Electoral.Candidates.Should.Entertain-3115970.shtml][b]an opinion article published[/b][/url] which was incredibly fun to write. Any time I get to refer to Ann Coulter as the White Witch and Fred Thompson as Vigo the Carpathian is a good time.

Only two quarters left for me. It's great and also frightening. I also have an internship I have to find and do in order to graduate. Oh joy.

Well if you had asked about my school life a few months ago I would have indicated that I was pulling my hair out a bit. XP But now, with finals done and over with as well as knowing that I did well, my school life is coming along great. I've yet to get my diploma in the mail since finals only just finished last Friday, but still I'm thrilled to finally have my Masters in Music.

>_> Now I just have to remind myself that there is no need to worry over the next part when I start working on my Ph.D. next semester, continue teaching, giving and getting lessons, classes and all that jazz. I just hope I have time to breathe with all that coming up next year.

[quote name='AzureWolf']

Any school that has interviews most likely has rolling admissions. Sucks to hear that you are playing the waiting game though. Not knowing is worst than facing rejection, IMO. But hey, it's not over till it's over![/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Two of my other friends just got into Vanderbilt and CalTech.... sometimes I hate knowing geniuses. lol Waiting is killing me, I just wish I was in a college already![/font]

I graduated from high school and went straight to the military and I haven't looked back. Never count the military out. It's hard and some days suck, but once you escape training, the active military, be it the army like me, the air force, the navy, or even the marine corp, it's all good and always fun. When I first started I hated the job I got saddled with, but now I actually enjoy doing it and have come to like the people I work with.

I'm going to be deploying to Iraq on the third of january. While I'm there, I've set up to take some online army courses and when I get back I'm going back to Texas to become a PA, physicians assistant. It take me about two years and when I finish the course I'll be a PA and an officer in the army. I'm doing school the army way. It's not as hard as people think, trust me. If I can do it, as out of shape as I was going in, then there's no reason that anyone who wants to couldn't do it.

I just returned home recently after my first semester of college. It's wonderful stuff, finally being free from the shackles of parents, constantly being around people your age, sparks of parties flying around almost all the time... But somewhere in the middle of all the fun, I lost sight of the fact that I was there to learn. My midterm grades were just fine (by my significantly low standards, mind you) but by the end of the semester saw me getting thrashed with a workload that I didn't know how to handle. This was mostly the accumulation of various little assignments left undone over the course of the semester. I guess the biggest problem was that I was too airheaded to realize any of this before finals week, and by then it was way too late.

Concluded the semester with one class failed, while passing two by the skin of my teeth. I haven't performed this badly for quite some time, so it all hits me like a mental splash of cold water.

Planning to redeem myself in Spring '08, in any case. If I plan to survive at this place ([url=http://www.nmt.edu]New Mexico Tech[/url], for those interested), I'll need to shift gears quite a bit. Should prove to be quite difficult, but for now I feel like I have the necessary resolve. We'll see how long it lasts.

Bottom line: College is [i]too[/i] fun.

Well, I'm a freshman in High School but I don't look the part. My schedule for finals week was really confusing and hard to follow. So all I did was look at what classes I had to go to each day and then I was set. I'm actually doing finals week this WEEK! God it's been killer but I'm also glad that when I checked online for my grade in Algebra II [yes I'm a freshman in Algebra II] I got a 90% on the test and it bumped my grade in the class from a 87& to a 91%. May not be much of a difference but it makes all the differance to me.

I have to take my French final and my Language Arts final. Man are those two gonna be a drag. At least I can sleep afterwards. I heard from one of my friends that the Language Arts final was easy for him and that he only took 45 min. to finish. If he can do that and I call him an idiot than that means that I will also do well [unless the part of the essay]. For me I can't wait till Christmas because I'll be on break and not have to think about school for two whole weeks! WHOOO!

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]I started college this fall and blew it off like it was going to be easy. Well, finals time came around and I jacked around some more and guess where it landed me.. Yeah, I failed half my classes.. There's some money down the drain right there. I am so confused on my grade in one class though. I got all A's and B's regardless of being lazy and failed my final because it was a group project and my partner only showed up for 1 of the 6 classes to work on the project. Now, I think it should have been taken into consideration that a project that in some groups there were 3 people working on it and having trouble and I was moreless a group of 1 would be a little difficult to do. Yeah, it was unfinished, but what did the teacher expect? =P

Warcraft screwed me up bad this semester.
-Cruiz[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well, I ended up getting straight As, lol... So now I can finally slack off for 100% of the day rather than 99% of the day =P I was a bit surprised though. I don't know how, but my grades shot up for some weird reason. My Chemistry teacher, before even grading my extra credit, said I got a 91% (Changed from an 89%). In AVID, my teacher gave me a 99/100 on my scholarship portfolio (Three scholarships, I had to apply for), and if a 30 point quiz can lower me from a 102% to a 90%, then hopefully a 99/100 can raise my grade from a 94% to a 98% or something. I hope she didn't realize the timestamps on all of the scholarships that I did though. >_> I started and finished my portfolio on the day it was due.

English, I don't know what happened there. I had a 98% in that class, and the next time I checked, I had a 102%. I didn't even know that was possible, getting over a 100% in his class. It's a little creepy.

Hmmm......... History, I'm a bit worried about. I think I might get an A-, since right now, I have a 94%. And I did a bit bad on a big test.

In Precalculus, I got an A, but I know it was a low A (My college doesn't include minuses or pluses). Around 91%... I slacked off so badly in that class...

Let's see... Oh, and TA period was easy. It's just pass or fail, and I passed (even though I came late to every single class, ;D). Lastly, AcaDec class..., I ended up getting a 99% because... I screwed up on a test D:

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]My school year so far has been just fine, I got good grades in all of my classes [[SIZE="1"]yes I got A's in all of them[/SIZE]] and my only complaint is that I think High School is kind of boring. XP Well mainly my English and History classes that is. >_> I just can't seem to get into the frame of mind to actually like those two. I still get good grades in them, they just have a tendency to put me to sleep, especially grammar and spelling. XP [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]As I'm in my final year of high school now, things are pretty hectic. We've got state exams at the end of the year, the results of which determine what courses I can study in college. As such, it's a pretty much accepted norm that people work themselves up to (and beyond in some cases) the point of a mental breakdown in order to maximise their results.

I'm looking forward to college next year when I can study something I actually want to.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I hate college. It's that simple. I am going to Apollo college soon I hope. It is more in tune with my learning style plus the program I want into only last nine months. Then I get a job and get paid $14 an hour! (Or something like that)[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="1234"]My shcool year has been so so this year. I mean last year was horrible, I almost killed myself, thank god I gave myself the "don't give up speech." Otherwise, I'd be in my grave. It was so bad. It's all because I thought I was bisexual. But if anything good came out of it, it was my new freinds, and a better understanding for the gay community.

As for this year, the teasing has almost completely subsided. No one cares that I thought I was bi, and some of my old freinds that abonded me, are freinds again which is nice. My grades suck a bit. English, which is my favorite subject, is bad this year. But that's only because of the warm-up writting and vocab she made us do. Now, it's easy again. As for Home/Careers (which is called Homos/Queers by the student body lol) I hate it and want our new teacher to die, he sucks, and he looks like Mr. Tumnus, which makes me want to punch him.

But it will all pay off, cause by the end of the year, my life will return to normal, no drama from my old friend, who I wanted to kill myself over cause she was annoying, and no more "h3s a ***, LOLZ." Also, lately we haven't had trouble from the skateboarders. I mean for some reason they think we are all gay/bi because we are emo and we lsiten to weird and heavy music.[/COLOR]