OtakuBoards

How Did You Come Up With Your Screenname?

duorocks17

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"]My user name is simple. It?s the name of my Bichon and also my avatar and signature banner. Anyway, when I was first thinking of what to use I decided on my dogs's name since I love my dog and I wanted to have a Bichon themed avatar and signature set. I chose it because in the end, even though I love anime and other fun names from them, in the end I love my dog more. Bichons [B][SIZE="4"]>[/SIZE][/B] anime, video games and just about anything else. :p

I only belong to OtakuBoards and myOtaku but I suppose if I ever get another account somewhere, it will probably be some form of variation of her name as I?m quite fond of it. I have no plans to change it because in truth I adore the name and my dog of course. I've always liked to give pets real names, or rather I should say more than a simple name like Spot. Plus Aaryanna is pretty. So I definitely do not plan on changing it. I like it too much to do that. :catgirl:[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]Well my screen name came from about 5 minutes thought when I was sitting in front of OB many years ago. My first name and the initial of my last name. Completely unoriginal, I know. The "2" is there simply because I believe "liamc" was already taken or something.

I had a couple chances to change it, but I never really bothered considering most people knew me as [b]Liam[/b]. It'd feel sort of, well, [i]wrong[/i] to update it now after all these years.

Besides, "everyone" knows me by [b]liamc2[/b] anyway :P

Subnote @ Aaryanna's signature: Ha! I completely had forgotten that DK was a fluffy owl[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sojiro47's and mine. (and Haku877's now that I think of it.)

[quote name='me about a year ago']I guess I can wrap this story up for you, since it also has to do with my username. Where Sojiro and I go to church, our little circle of friends have a little "tradition" of giving each other anime-related nicknames. You may be able to recognize Sojiro's name as Seta Sojiro from Rurouni Kenshin, whereas I go by Battosai when referring to Kenshin characters. My username comes from this, except with my favorite anime, One Piece. My character nickname for One Piece is Ace, Luffy's older brother and master of fire (Hence the "burner.") Sojiro goes by Sanji when referring to this. Just a bit of trivia for y'all![/quote]
And yes, to this day we're still the nerdiest of nerds.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]"Taperson" is an inside joke between my best friend & myself.

We were at a lock-in three years ago & were painting the youth room at my church. We had to tape all of the edges of the walls & doors and whatnot. Somewhere along the line, we were designated the "taping brothers" -- odd, because we are both female. Anyway, my "name" was Taperson.

BTW -- paint doesn't come out of hair. Not for three days or so.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Ace, please don't make me kill you.

Sojiro47 is a combination of my Japanese name, given to me when I took Japanese, and an amazing anime character from Rurouni Kenshin. The "47" was given to me by my predecessor in Numbers. Pretty simple. [/FONT]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The other night I spent about an hour explaining why I named myself 'dogotal boy' to Konata so I very do not want to type the whole thing again. However, I remembered that I'm currently calling myelf [B]Deus ex Machina[/B] so I'll explain that.

Deus ex Machina is one of my favorite terms evar and the name of many cool things (such as a very awesome song by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez) but I chose it as my username because of a character in the manga Mirai Nikki. Deus is this bug *** shaman lookin dude who is essentially god and gives the main character his powers. Because of my beliefs that I am at the center of the universe and thereby, in fact, god, I named myself Deus ex machina, because I can do anything.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]okay, I'm mad that I made that post only days before changing my name, but whatever...

The new name was a gift from Dagger for Xmas. I've been updating it yearly, starting in 06 and now up to 08. the name originally came from the song 21st Century Digital Boy by Bad Religion because I iked the song. However, since I found a deeper symbolism in it, I continued to se the name even after I stopped listening to the song as much.

I am a digital boy in the strongest sense - I have a strong reliance on computers and such technology, and my hobbies are al media-related. you could say that my life is based around the computer hehe. As for 'boy' it's because even though I'm mature for my age, I think I am very childish and haven't become a man at all. I'm a romantic dreamer and I have a bit of naivety, so I don't consider myself grown up yet (I'm willing to bet most of OB agrees lol) I like to update my year because it keeps wih how I live for now, and how, like a good, digital boy, I'm always up-t-date. [/COLOR]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Well, I have a colorful history of different screenames for a variety of different accounts, websites and IM.

[B]with no pulp[/B] : First and orginal AIM username, later gone universal for just about everything I use; Hotmail, Yahoo, MySpace, countless other unimportant things. Though, I've never used it for a character name. The screename orginated back six years ago from a orange juice carton I just so happened to be drinking from while pondering to create my first AIM s/n. The box actually said "no pulp", but that had already been taken. Unfortunately, due to the loss of several passwords, I've moved on from with no pulp and have begun using the username crimsonpulp for my account creation needs.

[B]Hack Helba : [/B] Created in 2003, it simply represents my favorite anime of the time: .hack//SIGN, and my favorite character of the series; Helba. Hack Helba primarily made OtakuBoards appearance, but was also used for Battle.net while playing WarCraft III, and made a brief AIM s/n spotlight. R.I.P Hack Helba

[B]Perplexes :[/B] The word 'perplex' first came to my attention while reading Great Expectations as a word I didn't know the meaning of, so after I looked up the definition I became intrigued by it: [I]to cause to be puzzled or bewildered over what is not understood or certain; confuse mentally[/I]. Oh how witty, I thought.
Perplexes made it's appearance as my first World of WarCraft character, a now level 70 Night Elf priest of Blackhand. I have since undergone a name change however. Perplexes remains to be my Xbox Live account, despite the fact that I don't even own an Xbox, and was only a gold subscriber for one month.

I've used numerous other unmentionable screenames over the years, but these three are the only ones with a history.[/FONT]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]okay, I'm mad that I made that post only days before changing my name, but whatever...

The new name was a gift from Dagger for Xmas. I've been updating it yearly, starting in 06 and now up to 08. the name originally came from the song 21st Century Digital Boy by Bad Religion because I iked the song. However, since I found a deeper symbolism in it, I continued to se the name even after I stopped listening to the song as much.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Crap. I was gonna start that annual flame war. So Dagger made this decision this time?

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Wow I haven't been here in a while... :animeswea

Well, I first had Inuyashafan418, which is pretty straight forward. 4-18 is my birthday. :) However, I got too many "OMGZ Inuyasha R0xx0rz!" from myO, so I abandoned it. (I deleted the account on myO..)

But now I'm [B]Minako[/B], which first stemmed from a character I used to draw of the same name, and I also have wondered if anyone would know the Sailor Moon reference [SPOILER]Minako is Sailor Venus' name in Japan, heh heh[/SPOILER]. Only one or two people have! And Sailor Moon was the first anime I'd ever watched and is still one of my favorites. I also like the name Minako. :)[/COLOR]

My screenname is a Latin phrase which means Waste War or War of the Wasteland (depending on your translator). I came up with it while researching for a story that I still haven't finished writing. I thought Inculta only meant desert, but that's the way it is. If you've seen the orginial Japanese Desert Punk, then the tag line makes more sense with it.:p

[I]Lifts the text from her last response: [/I]

As many of you know, my user name is simple. It's based on my daughter's user name Aaryanna. Since I'm her mother, all I did was add _Mom to the end, since I'm Aaryanna's Mom. ;) I'm not very original when it comes to names. But then other than OtakuBoards, I've never joined a forum before and I really have no plans to join another one. Keeping up with one is more than enough for me.

Overall the name has no special meaning beyond what I just explained, and if I did change it, it would be to something reflecting what I am. A mother. But for now I see no reason to change it since I like it. Though if people prefer to call me by my given name Kathy, that's fine too. :catgirl:

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]My original screen name was from when I started playing gunbound again after a couple of years. During that time I was into MMO's. So I used GreenDem0n as my original in-game name. Then when I was trying to find a fourm to join, i used the same name and replaced the "0" with a "o".I was thinking of Keroro form Sgt. Frog when i thought of the name.. Then after a few weeks or monthes (I dont remember..) I changed my name to Udon for soemthing more simple. I love noodles, but I didnt want to use the name "Noodles" or "Ramen" as a screen name. I prefered Udon. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I changed my name recently from "The Boss" (reference to a Metal Gear Solid character) to [b]Zen[/b].

Mk Zen is my MC, DJ, Graffiti, and B-Boy name. Its what I'm known as on Gaia and on MySpace as well. So I decided to transfer the name to OBs as well.

Zen is also a reference to my religion, being a (rather bad) Zen Buddhist and also being that Zen has connotations as to mean 'Perfection' I think it adds to the whole Hip Hop thing.

So yeah. Zen. Call me that now.[/color][/size]

Sit down, children. Let Father Justin regal you:

There once was passionate and strong warrior named KAMAKAZI(spelling quite intentional). This man was proud, to be sure, but he lacked experience.

But there came a time when fate would call for him to serve the cause of peace and justice for OtakuBoards. He did well, according to his abilities. He staved off the hordes of evil long enough for mightier warriors to come and finally defeat them for all time.

But yea, ye children, his battle wounds were many and mortal. He perished in the arms of his comrades. But the mighty warmage, James, through ancient and secret alchemies, forge a new soul within KAMAKAZI'S broken body. This soul's name was Justin; and seated upon the ancient throne of the vanquished KAMAKAZI, Justin reigned over many principalities.

But then, a crisis of conscience broke Justin's spirit. He abdicated his throne, throwing it into a landfill somewhere, and exiled himself into long wanderings beyond the borders of our lands.

But yea, he did return, after some years. He knew, however, that the name of Justin was a name he'd worn in a different life, and as a different person. He decided to take on a new title; one that reflected both his heritage from the warrior KAMAKAZI; his true identity, Justin; and his newfound sense of purpose. This name is Kam.

-Justin