OtakuBoards

Your life or their's...?

Chaotictwilight

Hiya, this is my first thread-ish type thing so if this one already exists, please don't hate me *hides* :animeswea

Anyways, let's say that something happens between you and the person you love (if you don't have one, pretend you do) and it escalates to the point where they try to kill you with a sword (what...? I like swords...) and you dodge the first swing. Then you have a chance to save yourself by killing them knowing that the next swing they take will take your life.

That's the scenario. I know I know, very unlikely and of all the things they could use, why a sword? But hey, that's the beauty of boredom mixed in with an imagination. [COLOR="Red"]And I know what most of you are probably thinking, "Why Kill them when I could easily injure them and then run away/call the police"...well....IF this was a "what would you do in this situation?" type thing, then yes, that would be a valid argument. But....the choices here are either kill or be killed.[/COLOR] So in other words; you're basically chosing between your life or theirs...which would you choose?

It depends on the exact reason why she wants to murder me. If it's a reason that isn't fair to me, then I would have to survive. If it's a reason that has made me inflict pain unto her, then I would probably take a hit.

I would do anything not to kill someone. In both situations, I would try to just reason something out.

[SIZE=3][SIZE=4][FONT=Chiller LET][COLOR=Sienna]If anyone tried to kill me my survival instinct would kick in. Doesn't matter what the reason is, if you're going to try and kill me, prepare to be killed.
[/COLOR] :p[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

This is a really strange thread...but I like it.

If anyone tried to kill me for any reason I'd think they were crazy. If someone's that crazy they're probably capable of killing themselves. If my main intent of dying was saving them, I'd factor that in.

Then again I wouldn't probably have much time to think in a situation like that. I guess it would all boil down to whether or not I had the balls to kill them.

[quote name='XeEmO']This is a really strange thread...but I like it.

If anyone tried to kill me for any reason I'd think they were crazy. If someone's that crazy they're probably capable of killing themselves. If my main intent of dying was saving them, I'd factor that in.

Then again I wouldn't probably have much time to think in a situation like that. I guess it would all boil down to whether or not I had the balls to kill them.[/QUOTE]

I know that this is a strange thread...but I got bored and thought "If there's none like this then I might as well make one." ^_^'

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] I'd kill him/her. This is a relatively easy question to answer, imo. lol[/font][/QUOTE]I agree. It is pretty easy to answer.

So if someone you love and vice versa is willing to kill you, I'd say you're past that true love point. It's one thing to die for someone you love, but to just let them kill you? Unless there was something else going on that was forcing them to do so... I would not just let them kill me.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I agree. It is pretty easy to answer.

So if someone you love and vice versa is willing to kill you, I'd say you're past that true love point. It's one thing to die for someone you love, but to just let them kill you? Unless there was something else going on that was forcing them to do so... I would not just let them kill me.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]I agree with you Rach. I mean, I wouldn't just happily go and throw my life away for the person I love who was trying to kill me. I think that that defies all the laws in my book. But if someone was manipulating them then that might be a different story.[/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']If someone you love and vice versa is willing to kill you, I'd say you're past that true love point. It's one thing to die for someone you love, but to just let them kill you? Unless there was something else going on that was forcing them to do so... I would not just let them kill me.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Agreed, if it came down to a kill or be killed scenario, I don't think I'm Jedi enough to take the hit.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Chaotictwilight']Hiya, this is my first thread-ish type thing so if this one already exists, please don't hate me *hides* :animeswea

Anyways, let's say that something happens between you and the person you love (if you don't have one, pretend you do) and it escalates to the point where they try to kill you with a sword (what...? I like swords...) and you dodge the first swing. Then you have a chance to save yourself by killing them knowing that the next swing they take will take your life.

That's the scenario. I know I know, very unlikely and of all the things they could use, why a sword? But hey, that's the beauty of boredom mixed in with an imagination. [COLOR="Red"]And I know what most of you are probably thinking, "Why Kill them when I could easily injure them and then run away/call the police"...well....IF this was a "what would you do in this situation?" type thing, then yes, that would be a valid argument. But....the choices here are either kill or be killed.[/COLOR] So in other words; you're basically chosing between your life or theirs...which would you choose?[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Hahaha, i like how you put in red exactly what i was thinking. I hate it when someone poses a this or that situation and they go and over complicate it, thus missing the entire purpose of the question in the first place. Same goes for whoever it was that said it would matter on what the reason the other person would have for killing me. That's missing the point, my friend. It would be a perfectly valid question to ask if it were a real life scenario, but it isn't one. And as a matter of fact, that's exactly what ChaoticTwilight said.

What would i do? Man... i don't know. I suppose i'd kill the other person. I'm not the kind of person that believes in absolutes, and that includes love. If i kill someone i love in self defense... i'd eventually get over it. And it's in our nature to survive, there are examples of this in all sorts of places. One that i can think off from the top of my head is when two people are drowning often times the stronger person will climb on top of the weaker one to stay afloat. It's not a matter of not loving the other person or being a bad person, it's a matter of survival and instincts. So yes... i think i'd have to kill the person. How sad.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

In the end human beings are animals underneath it all. We have come to believe that we are above such things over the years since we happen to have an upper brain, a primate brain. But one must remember that underneath that primate brain there's a mamalian brain and underneath that there is a reptilian brain. And it's those two lower brains that made the upper brain possible in the first place. The primate brain says "Give peace a chance." The mamalian brain says "Give peace a chance, but first let's kill this a** hole." and the reptilian brain says "Let's just kill this a** hole, go to the peace rally and get laid."

At the end of the day, survival rises above all other things in our minds. It is this driving instinct that has allowed life to exist at all and it is one that we will never over come. Because as soon as we over come it, our species will inevitably die out. It's that simple really.

There was a thread just like this a few years ago when i was gun preacher. I was banned. but you did way better then that guy you filled in the gaps, but any way to answer your question I would kill them as yes I would kill my love. I can all way's find someone new to love any way.

[quote name='Starwind']In the end human beings are animals underneath it all. We have come to believe that we are above such things over the years since we happen to have an upper brain, a primate brain. But one must remember that underneath that primate brain there's a mamalian brain and underneath that there is a reptilian brain. And it's those two lower brains that made the upper brain possible in the first place. The primate brain says "Give peace a chance." The mamalian brain says "Give peace a chance, but first let's kill this a** hole." and the reptilian brain says "Let's just kill this a** hole, go to the peace rally and get laid."

At the end of the day, survival rises above all other things in our minds. It is this driving instinct that has allowed life to exist at all and it is one that we will never over come. Because as soon as we over come it, our species will inevitably die out. It's that simple really.[/QUOTE]

Hm...okay...I see what you're getting at...so are you trying to say that you would kill?

Given the situation, Yes. I don't think it's always a matter of choice, but rather one of instinct. You may have no intention of doing it at first, but end up killing or at the very least seriously harming them out of a primal fear that we all have.

One can try to deny it, but it is the ultimate truth. Above all else, we and all other life forms are deeply ingrained with the need to preserve our own lives.

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']So if someone you love and vice versa is willing to kill you, I'd say you're past that true love point. It's one thing to die for someone you love, but to just let them kill you? Unless there was something else going on that was forcing them to do so... I would not just let them kill me.[/QUOTE]Agreed. That and I'm not so selfless to simply let someone just kill me. That seems rather soap opera-ish and stupid to me. I am so [I]not[/I] a character from some silly romance novel. XP

Oh my love! For you I would gladly die... *[I]shot[/I]*

Uh... no.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Agreed. That and I'm not so selfless to simply let someone just kill me. That seems rather soap opera-ish and stupid to me. I am so [I]not[/I] a character from some silly romance novel. XP

Oh my love! For you I would gladly die... *[I]shot[/I]*

Uh... no.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I'd say that sums up my feelings exactly on this. Seriously. No. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Depends on the events leading up to it.

If I still had feelings for her, I would let her kill me. I don't die very easily, so she'd probably get a few cuts in on me and then snap out of her rampage and call an ambulance, if not then I can tell St. Peter I died at the hands of my loved ones.

If she manages to break off my feelings for her though, I would fight to disarm and restrain, then call the police and let them deal with the situation once I am not in immediate danger.

Btw, nice Zelos avatar. (@ Topic creator, not SunfallE. I know Zelos)

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi']Btw, nice Zelos avatar.[/QUOTE]Even though you're talking to SunfallE, I did make that for her and it's not Zelos. It's Ryu from the BL game White Shadow. :p Glad you like it though.

And since I am in here. I would not just let someone kill me, even if I did love them. Because if they are trying to kill me... I'd wonder if loving them was worth it at that point. I just don't see it happening.[/COLOR]

As hard as it would be to kill me, I would have to say that I would let him kill me. I mean, if it's come down to killing me then obviously I have done something wrong. In which case, I deserve to die for causing my loved one trouble. If it was someone that I didn't love or wasn't my friend (as you can see, I'm insanely loyal.), I would slaughter the attacker without a second thought.

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Even though you're talking to SunfallE, I did make that for her and it's not Zelos. It's Ryu from the BL game White Shadow. :p Glad you like it though.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually I meant that in response to the topic creator, not SunfallE. Sorry about that.