OtakuBoards

Pizza Thread

Vicky

[SIZE=1]Pizza la revolution!

...>_> (money to whoever gets the song reference)

Right. Anyway, I just had some massive meat feast pizza with garlic sauce, ketchup, barbecue sauce on the side and cheese in the crust. It was bigger than a 12 inch pizza, not sure how big it was, and piping hot. So while I'm eating it I thought I'd make a rather pointless thread about pizza.

What's your favourite? Who runs the fastest service in your town? Any pizza hangouts where you live?

We've got about five PizzaHut's in Manchester, but it's really expensive so you're better off going to a run-down pizza place on the corner (and risk getting poisoned but ah well). There's a pizza place a few streets away that have the quickest delivery, so quick you wouldn't even think they cooked the damn thing. And you get free garlic bread if you spend over ten pound!

So yeah. Pizza. Discuss. =)[/SIZE]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pure genius.

I prefer cheese and pepperoni myself. I never could like any other type of pizza. The best pizza around is Pizza Hut, but as you said, it is way too expensive. There is a local pizza place 10 minutes away that my mom likes to order from, and it's not too bad.

Ooh! Ooh! Here's my favorite pizza. For bread, get something pita-sized... a whole-wheat naan-type thing is ideal.

Then, in order:
Pesto sauce
Tomato slices
Chicken
Feta cheese
Pepperoni

Deliciousness. You gotta throw it together yourself, though. :catgirl:

~Dagger~

When I actually do have pizza, Hawaiian is the best with pineapple, ham and mozzarella cheese. I also like a meat one with sausage, bacon, ham and pepperoni. I usually get it from a place called Sbarro's. I've gone to places like PizzaHut or Little Caesars, but they're not anywhere as good as Sbarro's. Plus they have far more than pizza so I end up going there for other stuff too.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I have this bizarre tendency to make my own pizzas and say 'bugger you all' to the over priced pizza companies around me. That and they don't tend to have root beer on tap and I can't eat pizza without A&W root beer. It's just not the same...

But when I temporarily loose my mind and go down to the local Round Table Pizza, I have an itemized list of pizza toppings I always love. Listed in no particular serious order.

[CENTER]Mushrooms, thinly sliced.
Light mozerella, too much can ruin a good thing.
White sauce, i.e. alfredo.
Diced chicken, also thinly done, thick is bad.
Italian sausage, not too spicy.
Olives, black and in bits. [/CENTER]

I adore mushrooms by the way. Possibly to the point of insanity. Just color me Hobbit.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]As far as chains go, Pizza Hut is crap. Papa John's and Domino's are pretty good, but I love Little Caesar's pizza.

To get the real good stuff you need to go to a pizzeria. There is a joint here called Rome's Pizza that has a Mediterranean Greek Pizza with gyro meat, mozzarella and feta cheese, oregano, and pepperoncinis. My favorite pizza around, mm.

Otherwise, can't go wrong with supreme or mushroom+olive+pepperoni.[/color]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Rach, I'm assuming that your Sbarro's in a mall, yes? Because we have several Sbarro's here in El Paso, but they're all located in malls.

Personally, I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy when it comes to pizza. I like pepperoni pizza and all meat pizza's. I don't really care for pizzas with "exotic" stuff on them, like anything of the fruit and vegetable variety. Although when I go to CiCi's pizza buffet, I've tried "Taco Pizza" (basically things on a taco with salsa) Barbeque Pizza and even Macaroni Pizza. All are pretty good. When I want Pizza, I normally go with Papa John's since Pizza Hut is hit and miss for me, especially with delivery. I do enjoy Dominoe's pizza as well.[/FONT]

[color=deeppink]What the hell is with all the food threads lately?

The only place that will deliver to where I live is Pizza Hut, which sucks because I don't much care for it. Too greasy. However, I [I]do[/I] prefer it to Domino's, which really just tastes like cardboard most of the time. Papa John's is infinitiely preferrable, though I don't care for their sauce.

My favorite place, a local joint, shut down a couple years or so ago. They had the best pizza and they'd deliver to my house. It was perfect. *sigh*

There's a place around here... I think it's called Papa Murphy's? they sell you hand made pizzas, but you have to cook them yourself. They're [I]delicious.[/I] I also frequent Mancino's, which makes delicious (but expensive!) pizzas.

I'm pretty much a pepperoni guy. Sausage doesn't do it for me, and vegetables on pizza feels like heresy. Every now and then I go for ham, but it breaks up the consistensy of the pizza (if that makes [I]any[/I] sense to someone less neurotic than I am) so I really have to be in the mood.[/color]

[COLOR="Blue"]Pizza huh?

Well, my favourite is simply Chicken and Mushroom. No more, no less. I don't really like other pizza's or extra dips with it. I like my food plain but that doesn't mean I'm a plain person. ;D

I honestly think local pizza places are the best, I like to scout around and try different places to see which pizza tastes the best. Going to places like Pizza Hut is too expensive anyway I think.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]What the hell is with all the food threads lately?[/color][/QUOTE]

It's summer, our brains aren't working, and we're trying to entertain ourselves by discussing food. Sue us.:p

Anyway, I absolutely [B]adore[/B] ham and pineapple pizza. I don't care about what kind of cheese is there, though. My dad is always arguing with me and my mom about ham and pineapple. He hates it. So here's the usual arguement:

Dad: Oh, we're having pizza? That's grea- ...wait, what is [I]that[/I].

Me: I've toldja before, Dad, it's ham and pineapple.

Dad: BS! Fruit doesn't belong on [I]pizza[/I]!

Me: It does for me. *eats pizza slowly to tease*

Dad:*fake gagging sounds*

[quote name='Vicky']Pizza la revolution![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.deranged-minds.com/image/site/pizza-hut.png[/IMG]

No kiddin...

...SUPPORT THE REVOLUTION!!!(Pizza Hut does)

[IMG]http://anime.osiristeam.net/images/others/lelouch2.jpg[/IMG]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I like making my own pizza actually. Sometimes I'll cheat and get those ready made crusts where you just toss on what you want, but the rest of the time I just make it from scratch.^^ It's really good and I love experimenting with different combinations. My favorite though is a three cheese pizza, yummy stuff!

I also like getting pita bread and putting in cheese, sauce, mushrooms, pineapple, ham, bacon and black olives. You just toss it into the microwave (though I use a cooking toaster when I can) to heat it up until the cheese melts. Very, very tasty![/FONT]

[quote name='Godot']
...SUPPORT THE REVOLUTION!!! (Pizza Hut does)[/QUOTE]
Heh, someone had to bring that up...

I didn't find this out until recently, but apparently Maria-sama ga Miteru was also involved with some kind of Pizza Hut-related promotion. Which is mind-boggling in an entirely different way.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]There's a place around here... I think it's called Papa Murphy's? they sell you hand made pizzas, but you have to cook them yourself. They're [I]delicious.[/I][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Seconded. Seriously, if you've never tried Papa Murphy's before, you're missing out. Take n' bake, homes. It's the only way to get the best pizza that you don't make yourself.

Other good places include Pizza Hut (they're alright. Better than Dominoes,) Sbarro (good portions too,) Godfather's (but they've all closed down where I live. Sad,) Little Caesar's (which is also hard to find around where I live. I know of one,) and Olive Garden (no, I'm totally serious. They have this Chicken Alfredo Pizza. It's meant to be single serving, but it's one of the best single servings you'll ever have.)[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Rach, I'm assuming that your Sbarro's in a mall, yes? Because we have several Sbarro's here in El Paso, but they're all located in malls. [/FONT][/QUOTE]You assume correctly. I have gotten stuff from places that deliver, but they're just not as good. At least not in my opinion, many of them are just too damn greasy for my tastes. So when I really want some pizza I just stop off at Sbarro's and get some to take home.

[SIZE="1"]There's a great little Italian take-away about five minutes from my house, so whenever I'm in the mood for it I get stuff freshly made up there, compared to the frozen pizza I used to eat, well there's really no comparison. Sure it's more expensive, but it's definitely worth the extra few euro.

Favourite toppings, cheese, pepperoni and pineapple. Yeah, basically a Hawaiian except with pepperoni instead of ham, I'm not a big fan of ham pizzas but I love the sweetness of the pineapple so it's a good combination for me. That and most people I know would even try it just because of the sound of it, which is great because I never have to share then. Heh heh.[/SIZE]

[quote name='chibi-master']It's summer, our brains aren't working, and we're trying to entertain ourselves by discussing food. Sue us.:p[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Well, then, you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

GLUTTONY NEVER PAYS.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='chibi-master']It's summer, our brains aren't working, and we're trying to entertain ourselves by discussing food. Sue us.:p[/QUOTE]lolwut?!? Speak for yourself! I spend my summers reading as many books as I can get my hands on for entertainment. I never get tired of doing that.

Anyway, I like pizza from time to time. I never get take out or delivery since it's too expensive. I do like having the stuff along with pita bread to whip together and heat like Sabrina mentioned. That's really tasty, with my favorite being pineapple and ham with sauce and cheese. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]lolwut?!? Speak for yourself! I spend my summers reading as many books as I can get my hands on for entertainment. I never get tired of doing that. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]High five girl! ......I do that too. The library is so nice and quiet and air conditioned.

But more pizza. Now that I'm home with my parents, I can use my mother's bread making machine. And her terra cotta stone baking disc. Home made pizza dough, rising and baking in the oven is one of the better smells we've had from the kitchen all week.

And then there's the home made pesto sauce she uses with fresh basil form the window. Does anyone else like special non tomato based sauces on their pizza? What with the salmonella advent in the U.S. our family is veering away from tomatoes.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]lolwut?!? Speak for yourself! I spend my summers reading as many books as I can get my hands on for entertainment. I never get tired of doing that. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I like doing other things besides eating as well. I enjoy video games, a nice tankobon or two....surfing the web....and DDR on Fridays. Summer just means no school for me.

I don't really get a chance to make my own pizzas, but when I do I use non tomato based sauce. It's not so much the samonella scare that's got me, it's just I don't really like the taste of tomato based sauces from the store. I like to put canadian bacon, pepperoni and mozzerella cheese in a wrap of dough and make stromboli. Yummmmmmm.[/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']At least not in my opinion, many of them are just too damn greasy for my tastes. So when I really want some pizza I just stop off at Sbarro's and get some to take home.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial][CENTER][IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/hahaha-wut.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Funny, because I make it a point to [I]avoid[/I] Sbarro's because of the sheer grease factor. I can literally fold a slice in half and soak six napkins, and part of the seventh and eighth. So that is confoosing to me.

As far as favorite combos go, I love pizza with pepperoni, Italian sausage and green peppers, and garlic-crust bread is a major bonus. Chicken and Tabasco is also pretty dang good, but only in moderation.

Domino's is the absolute bottom of the chain for me, including Sbarro . . . although sometimes it's a toss-up, because at least Domino's sausage isn't the consistency of bloated ambergris. Sbarro's cheese is light years better, and they have (grease-packed >_>) stromboli, so I think they have the mild edge on Domino's.

Because the Papa John's in our town absolutely sucks, Pizza Hut is my typical preference. It's too bad, because Papa John's can be amazingly tasty if the management knows what they're doing. It's also too bad that there's no Little Ceasar's or Pizza Inn here, so variety is pretty stifled.

I much prefer the home-owned places, though. We had a great pizzeria here about five years ago called Twin's Pizza who made the absolute most fantastical food ever, as well as linguine that my mother raved about. But then they fell under new management, and their sauce shifted from amazing to spaghetti, so they lost all their business in the span of five months. Rafael's (also local) is okay, but their cheese tends to come in sheets, so one bite and you might have mozzarella slapping your chin.

For frozen, I swear by Red Baron and my father swears by Tombstone. And we both swear at Chef Tony's?for fun, of course, because who buys Wal-Mart pizza?

I think the absolute best pizza I've ever had was up at Pizzeria Uno's in Chicago.

I mean, damn.[/FONT]

[size=1]I think my town probably has five or six pizza places. Which is sad, really, seeing as we have no movie theaters. :/

We have a PizzaHut and a Dominos, as well as a Papa John's and Fox's Pizza; but my personal favorite is this pizzeria called Johnny's Pizza. My boyfriend took me there, and you can get as creative as you want with what you put on your pizza. We ended up ordering battered and fried chicken pieces, mushrooms, extra cheese and black olives on ours, and ate the entire thing in two days. And they didn't skimp on the toppings, either. It was like, pizza heaven. My favorite thing that Johnny's does, though, is their garlic knots. Literally, just little dough knots with garlic butter; which was so good I even deviated from my typical "ketchup is the only condiment for fries" theory to dip the french fries in the garlic butter. Yes, it was that good.

Usually, though, we order Domino's, and my traditional pizza is mushrooms and black olives; if I can, I get cheesy crust.

And everyone looks at me funny when I dip the cheesy crust in the white icing that comes with the cinnamon sticks... It's so good, though! T_T[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Funny, because I make it a point to [I]avoid[/I] Sbarro's because of the sheer grease factor. I can literally fold a slice in half and soak six napkins, and part of the seventh and eighth. So that is confoosing to me.[/FONT][/QUOTE]You are just naturally confused. :p

For whatever reason, greasy or not, places like PizzaHut here are worse. Or maybe it's the type of grease they use. Net result it's just disgusting [[SIZE="1"]Sbarro's is greasy as well, just not to the same degree[/SIZE]] because of how nasty it can taste at times.

I rarely get takeout pizza and rarely bother with frozen or making it. I've had it twice this year, once from PizzaHut, which was a total waste of money. And once from Sbarro's, which by the way though greasy was still much better than that nasty bit we got from PizzaHut. Blech.

I use to like pizza a lot more but the past couple of years it's kind of been a case of getting or making something else instead. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"]Into the dungeon with the evil man, the pizza has risen, we're free again!

Uh, anyway, I hardly ever really enjoy eating pizza. It always makes me feel awful, both mentally and physically, for having consumed a greasy piece of cheese covered carb-board. However, it is always DELICIOUS over the next few days, after being zapped in a microwave.

When I am in the mood for pizza, I tend to prefer frozen to delivery. I'm not entirely sure why.

But Papa John's is never welcome in my mouth/stomach. Why is it so flat and nasty? It's just not right![/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Funny, because I make it a point to [I]avoid[/I] Sbarro's because of the sheer grease factor. I can literally fold a slice in half and soak six napkins, and part of the seventh and eighth. So that is confoosing to me.[/FONT][/QUOTE]You'd have to come here and try both. >_> Like Beth said, for whatever reason, PizzaHut is just nastier than hell here in SLC. Besides, [I]weirdo[/I], I didn't say they weren't greasy, just that the others here were worse. =P