OtakuBoards

Pizza Thread

Vicky

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]

The Pizza Hut where I live is simply amazing. They don't deliver to my neighborhood, but the drive is so worth it. Maybe not now that gas is three bucks a gallon, though.

The other places that do deliver where I live are Papa John's, Dominos, and Vinny's (Vinny's doesn't deliver, but it's just walking distance down the street.) Vinny's is good, it's a little fancier and pricier. I'm not a fan of the other two.

Still, nothing can ever beat my Pizza Hut. Extra cheese with mushrooms and black olives with a cheesy stuffed crust. Yes.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rachmaninoff]Besides, [I]weirdo[/I'], I didn't say they weren't greasy, just that the others here were worse. =P[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Right back at ya, ya upstart punk. Verbatim, even. [/Snagglepuss]

[B]Update:[/B] New upper-crust ranking admission, and pun-worthy to boot. Bellacino's Pizza and Grinders is quite the digs, and an establishment whom I had completely forgotten about hitherto. Very good pizza, served [I]mitout grease[/I] :p on a small polished tin stand, so your plates aren't pushed off the table. Not only that, but their grinders are rather tasty, and their motto?"Toasted, Schmoasted, We're Oven-Baked"?is a fun poke at Quizno's.

Just had lunch their today whilst up taking care of some collegiate meetings and what, so I decided to test out their Stromboli grinder (Italian sausage, peppers, onions, and mozzarella) and was met with complete success.

Also, for those who are familiar with Cici's Pizza: opinions?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Also, for those who are familiar with Cici's Pizza: opinions?[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Arial"]
For the most part, it's gross. They don't have too many options for vegetarians, but the ones they do I don't like very much at all. Whenever I go there I usually only get a few slices of regular cheese pizza, a huge salad, and a ton of their dessert. They do have great desserts.

If you've never been there, they have a ton of other stuff. Ridiculous, really. Macaroni and cheese pizza, taco salad pizza, buffalo chicken, hawaiian, meat lovers, etc. etc.

[/FONT]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]lolwut?!? Speak for yourself! I spend my summers reading as many books as I can get my hands on for entertainment. I never get tired of doing that.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

What the Hell makes you think I don't read over the summer?!:confused:I love reading! It feeds my over-active imagination...ah, yum.:o

And Nerdsy, it does pay. It pays [I]real[/I] well!:p

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]

Also, for those who are familiar with Cici's Pizza: opinions?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Korey] [FONT= Franklin Gothic Medium]I don't really care for pizzas with "exotic" stuff on them, like anything of the fruit and vegetable variety. Although when I go to CiCi's pizza buffet, I've tried "Taco Pizza" (basically things on a taco with salsa) Barbeque Pizza and even Macaroni Pizza. All are pretty good.[/FONT'] [/quote]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I do enjoy CiCi's a lot. It's a nice place to eat pizza and I love the selection they offer us non-vegiatarians. [/poke at Claire] [/end of shameless rip of Allamorph's jokes]

But in all seriousness, I would suggest Cici's. Not bad for the five bucks you'll shell out.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='chibi-master']What the Hell makes you think I don't read over the summer?!:confused:I love reading! It feeds my over-active imagination...ah, yum.:o[/QUOTE]Re-read what I said. =P You said you were bored and talking about food, I said I preferred to read. Not quite the same as saying you don't read. Obviously you do or you wouldn't even be here responding on a message board where of all things... you read!

Simple answer: [spoiler]I was teasing you silly.[/spoiler] [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]

Uh, anyway, I hardly ever really enjoy eating pizza. It always makes me feel awful, both mentally and physically, for having consumed a greasy piece of cheese covered carb-board. However, it is always DELICIOUS over the next few days, after being zapped in a microwave.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]On Sunday morning there's normally boxes of left over pizza lying around my house (last week my friend was sleeping on them =/ ) so I tend to shove some in the microwave and have it for breakfeast with left over beers. Or if I'm feeling particulary ill I just eat it all cold.

Recently, there's been a lot of these pizzas being sold with cheese in the crust. And now a new one with cheese [i]and[/i] meat in the crust. I haven't actually tried them yet, so I'm wondering if I should spend extra money on 'em or not.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]Recently, there's been a lot of these pizzas being sold with cheese in the crust. And now a new one with cheese [i]and[/i] meat in the crust. I haven't actually tried them yet, so I'm wondering if I should spend extra money on 'em or not.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]Oh yeah, blehh, I really don't like stuffed crust. I'll eat it, but I don't enjoy it. Haha. The problem is my sister loves it so my mom tends to order it. For some reason she thought I loved it too, although I've only ever expressed distaste for the stuff. Huh.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Watch your language, squirt. You ain't big enough yet. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Allie on this one, chibi. At least censor yourself, kiddo. ^_~

I love stuffed crust! Stuffed crust = teh yummers. And double cheese.

My opinion on CiCi's changes from one to the next. The one near us is pretty good, minimal grease factor, and the desserts rock. I always get salad, too, which still surprises me.

[FONT=Arial]I have a soft spot for Cici's; they got me hooked on barbecue chicken pizza.

and I am sure glad someone else mentioned Godfather's. definitely one of my favorite places to get pizza. depending on what you order, it can get pretty greasy, but that's never stopped me from coming in.

so,my favorite place is either Godfather's or The Pie. LAWDY!!! you have NEVER eaten pizza until you've eaten there!!! if you're in downtown SLC or just around the general Salt Lake area, chances are you'll run into one. I would seriously recommend any one of their specialty pizzas, and they've got some pretty interesting ones.

Little Caesars is hit or miss for me (depends on the location and type of pizza you get), Domino's is usually cardboard, Pier 49 is always a good choice (and I love the apple beer on tap), Pizza Hut tends to be great usually, and the only thing I'd ever order from Papa John's is their thin crust supreme pizza.

oh, and for another Utah place, if you're ever in Ephraim (lord help you), eat at Fat Jack's. pretty amazing stuff.
[/FONT]

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][B]I actually work at a Papa John's, so you probably know where I stand. :P People told me that I'd start to get sick of pizza from working there. 5 months in, all it's done is foster my love for pizza, haha.

Anyway, my personal favorite topping is regular pork sausage. I've grown to like pepperoni since I've started working at Papa John's. Also, my ideal pizza is a half Meats half Six Cheese on original crust. Mmm, good stuff. It even looks tasty, ya know? Most pizzas look like a greasy mess, but the cheese absorbs the grease from the meats side, so it looks beautiful!

Yeah...I'm kind of a pizza nerd.

I applied there because I love Papa John's pizza. Pizza Hut can go die. Their crusts are tasteless and their sauce is rancid. And I believed that before I started working too. As for Domino's, I really haven't tried enough of their stuff to pass judgement.

PAPA JOHN'S FTW!!!1!11!!

P.S: I was drawn to this thread because Vicky wrote it. There's a driver I work with whose name is Vicky, so I was hoping to be like "OMG I KNO U IRL ROFLWAFFLE!!!!". Unfortunately, I recieve no such pleasure.[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]I ate pizza for dinner and I feel gross. :[

I believe it was Pizza Hut. As I was holding a slice, the pressure from my fingers wrung out a ton of grease. And I could tell there was much more where that came from. Noooo.

Regardless, I'll probably indulge in some reheated pizza tomorrow. Assuming there's any left.[/FONT]

[quote name='Stephanie']I have to agree with Allie on this one, chibi. At least censor yourself, kiddo. ^_~[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Fine... I'll start using censors...if I can figure out how to work the dern things...Let's see...connect point A to point B...ARGH! Oh yeah, what's with the "kiddo" stuff?! I'm 13! People stopped calling me "kiddo" when I was, what, 8?!

Aaanyway, I've eaten so much pizza this week, that I may be starting to hate the stuff...>< It seems to be getting worse tasting every time I have it...WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THIS WORLD?!?! I miss enjoying pizza...:animecry:

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Hm. As much as I like pizza, I have to say I'm iffy about the 3 major pizza spots. (Pizza Hut, Little C, Domino's) At least here anyway. The last pizza I had from Pizza Hut was garbage. The sauce was too sweet, and the pizza itself was hard. Little C's was real flat, and just "O_o". It was like people were lazy to make the pizza. I had a slice that was a lop-sided rectangle. Domino's had the same problems as Pizza Hut. (They all claim they deliver, but they don't deliver in my area, yet it's about a good 10-13 minute drive.....)

I haven't had papa (anything), happy's whatever in a long time till I forgot the taste.

In any case, I normally stick with cheese and pepperoni (stay simplistic), and then sometimes I'd go with a meat lover's.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']*sigh* Fine... I'll start using censors...if I can figure out how to work the dern things...Let's see...connect point A to point B...ARGH! Oh yeah, what's with the "kiddo" stuff?! I'm 13! People stopped calling me "kiddo" when I was, what, 8?![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Takes a while to lose that tag around here. Y'know, seeing as how a lot of the most frequent posters are in their 20's. I'm 16. I think I finally ditched that title a week ago.

Now what was the new one again? "Handsome Devil?" "The poster formerly known as Kiddo?" "Shut up and stop stroking your own ego?"

"Steve?"

Yeah. Steve. That's it.[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='chibi-master']*sigh* Fine... I'll start using censors...if I can figure out how to work the dern things...Let's see...connect point A to point B...ARGH! Oh yeah, what's with the "kiddo" stuff?! I'm 13! People stopped calling me "kiddo" when I was, what, 8?![/QUOTE]It's easy, you just don't use the word at all. ^_~ The site has automatic censors for the more obvious swearing so you don't have to worry about that. Also... kiddo. *yes I said kiddo* I'm 37 so whether it's kiddo or another name to indicate someone who is not yet an adult, even if I don't say it I still see you as a kid in some respects. It's kind of hard not to when I'm almost three times your age. lol Plus you didn't help matters by choosing a user name that means something small. =P

Anyway, I decided to give PizzaHut another go since it's been so long since I had any... It was every bit as greasy as I remembered and I ended up giving the rest away. XP [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]I don't go for Pizza Hut - it's expensive and for my money they're not the greatest pizzas ever. I tend to buy frozen from the supermarket and then I can have them whenever I want. Sometimes, though, if I can't be bothered, I just order one, usually from Domino's as they're the closest to our house, and as such they don't take as long to deliver, plus we always get coupons and stuff for their pizza anyway.

As for toppings, I like anything meaty, particularly BBQ Chicken - not the most sophisticated of pizza toppings, I know, but I have a certain fondness for it.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'm 37

Plus you didn't help matters by choosing a user name that means something small. =P [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You're 37?! I coulda sworn you were 19 or somethin'!:o

And by the way, as I have explained many times, the name is suppose to mean ruler of chibis! Y'know, those blobby, cutesy versions of manga and/or anime characters. Not chibi! I'm 5 feet, 3.5 inches tall! Nice try, though.:p

And good news! I love pizza again! I had some yesterday, it had pepperoni, sausage and some kind of cheese. I really enjoyed it! I think I'll go eat some pizza now...^^

[quote name='chibi-master']You're 37?! I coulda sworn you were 19 or somethin'!:o[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Checking year-of-birth is usually a good thing. :p

And by the way, those who rule Moogles are usually still Moogles. (And to me, five-foot-three is [I]short[/I].)

Anyone ever make pizza on sourdough muffins? I like 'em as kind of a single-serving at-home quick-fix hyphen-friendly food.

[I]*shot*[/I][/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I dunno Alla, I like cookin Pizza on those little Bagel Bite things. So I had to cook em for myself and see how it would go. I like the homebrew better, because I don't get little bagles the size of two of my fingers as a source of nourishment.

I have a reason I call people kiddo. I might be that person is younger than me or it may be that they may be shorter than me. In your case, Chibi, it's both. So kiddo it remains until you prove otherwise ^_~[/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]My favorite kind of pizza is probably pepperoni. I don't like to go all-out on my pizzas, so I keep it simple.

We don't have many places to order pizza from where I live. There's a Pizza Hut, and a Slices. Although Pizza Hut delivers faster than Slices, Slices has better pizza and it's more filling. [/FONT][/CENTER]

[color=deeppink]Oh, I forgot to mention... for frozen pizzas, nothing can beat Digourno's crust. Oh man, that stuff is heaven.

And Pizza King sucks hardcore. I swear they make that stuff out of garbage.[/color]