OtakuBoards

What I learned from Video games is...

Haku877

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK check this:
1. i only have to wait 5 seconds to respawn.
2. i can die as many times as i want and still complete the mission without failing at all.
3. swords can slash through walls.
4. when you fly you spin like a top.
5. no matter how much of an jerk you are you still get the same ending.
6. all the enemies die way easy, one or two hits will do it.
7. the main hero always gets the girl once again no matter how much of a jerk he is.
8. rockets are geniuses, they follow your ship no matter how many times you duck and weave.
9. you find the weapons in the same places over and over again.
10. if you go 2 rooms over your enemies will respawn.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Civilians are immune to all weapons and pretty much just stand there and smile at you if you try to shoot them in the chest with an arrow. Why the hell they need saving in the first place is officially beyond my comprehension. [I]- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time[/I]

I tried to kill Ingo once. I hate Ingo.[/FONT]

- If you head is shaped like a rectangle, you will get a giant ball that you can roll over everything with and things will stick to the ball and you and the ball will grow larger - Beautiful Katamari

- If someone is near dying, just give the a injection with some green fluid and they will come back to life - Trauma Center

- If the room you are in make strange noises, there's a high possibility that there is a monster nearby - Silent Hill

- If you walk in tall grass something will attack you - All Pokemon games

- You can get possesed by your own arm - Enchanted Arms

- You must use cards if you want to hit someone - Kingdom hearts : Chain of Memories

- You can glide through the air - Kingdom Hearts

- Rockets are made from gummi blocks - Kingdom Hearts

• 4 weeks later...
You can be shot repeatedly and still live just fine, so long as there is a brief break between attacks. ~Portal

You can swim through toxic acid and portal through the floor and live. ~Portal

And yes I discovered that last one by accident. I fell in and deployed a portal by reflex and went through it. o_O And no the toxic acid did not come out the other side... that was weird.

[SIZE="1"]Regardless of technological progression in other areas humanity still relies on gunpowder based firearms for infantry combat. Alien enemies however will brandish significantly more futuristic style weaponry. - Halo and Mass Effect.[/SIZE]

Apparently, your new puppy will not answer to its name for a while, but he knows what "DINNER!" means. - Dogz

If you try to go into a room and a speech box pops up saying "Oops! You can't go in there!", it means exactly that. You will be physically unable to enter a room if the box tells you so. No matter how bad you want to enter the room, the box rules your actions. Heck, it'll even turn you around the other way to help you understand even better! - Lotsa stuff.

Shooting yourself in the head will summon a powerful being that has strong physical attacks and special magical attacks - persona 3 (ok yes they're not real guns)

You're never weighed down by your inventory no matter how much you are carrying - almost any rpg or mmorpg

You can lift a world with particles (or fonons in this instance) - Tales of the Abyss

Tough wooden towers can be easily destory in a few hits with a sword, spear, or crossbows - Dynasty Warrior 6

Huge iron doors or wooden doors can be destory by a sword, spear, or a crossbow - Dynasty Warrior 6

Horses can flip when they die - Dynasty Warrior 6

Giving money to a hooker doesn't lead to sex - Fallout 3

As someone said eariler animal can produce random item when they die - Fallout 3

Hitting someone car while outside on the street with someone still inside the car, will alwasy lead to a street fight - Grand Theft Auto 4

People can't fight back when your on top of a car - Grand Theft Auto 4

Flying out through the cars window and landing somewhere hard will not kill you or give you serious injury instantly - Grand Theft Auto 4

Running away from the police and getting away is easy as pie - Grand Theft Auto 4

Hitting your cars or trucks into something multiple times will set your ride on fire and explode - Grand Theft Auto 4

Getting hit multiple times in a gun fight and not dying instantly is always fun - Grand Theft Auto 4

When the car explodes while your in it, you will always survive it - Grand Theft Auto 4

Having a random person fight a street fight for you is ok - Grand Theft Auto 4

Shooting against the police and dying, then your alive again mean the police wont file a law suit on you - Grand Theft Auto 4

Stealing a holicopter, a police car, or a black hawk wont get you in trouble - Grand Theft Auto 4

Shooting enemies while they have bottles or a wrench while they try to attack you is a great way to fight - Resident Evil 5

Having multiple girlfriend at once without letting them found out is ok - Persona 4

There's no complaining about T-bagiing when your opponent dies - Halo 3

• 2 months later...
Pokemon

There's always a stupid person you have to help through the forest/cave/whatever. But the plus side is that they will keep your pokemon healthy.

That squiggly thing your screen does is not a sign that your DS is damaged. Your friggin' pokemon's just poisoned.

They can't just TELL you your pokemon is poisoned and move on...

MySims

You are expected to make everyone in the town feel nice about themselves. PMSing tourists included. And you do not get paid for it.

Everyone in the town has the IQ of a plastic bucket.

Animal Crossing rip-offs are never as good as the real thing.

Operation Vietnam

You cannot skip the intro, which is filled with useless explanations and babbling you've heard 3 trillion times. No, you can't. Stop trying. NO. I SAID NO, DAMMIT.

[LIST]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Sometimes when you are on a cliff, you literally can't fall off, because there is an invisible wall there, but sometimes it can disappear later. - A lot of adventure/platformer games. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]You can wield a sword that is bigger than you easily with one arm - Final Fantasy VII, and probably most games with swords, and melee weapons. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]If you jump, you can jump again.... while still in the air. - Any Mega Man game with Zero or Bass.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Bystanders usually don't feel it no matter what you hit them with. - Lots of Games.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]You can get stuck half-way in a wall, or fall forever through a hole that didn't previously exist - Glitch Pun for lots of games.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/LIST][COLOR=Blue][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Boukaju[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Animal Crossing: Wild World

I can carry unlimited amounts of money with me, but more than 15 items in my pockets otherwise are out of the question.

I can swing an axe at my neighboors and they will not notice nor feel it at all, but if I smack them on the head 3 times with a simple bug net they flip out. The same goes for pushing them.

You can store blouses and umbrellas and tools in a refridgerator and they will be just peachy keen.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]No matter how small a room is, once you engage in battle, it expands to unimaginable size - The Last Remnant

Desite being in New York City there will be thousands of clones of that one guy you absorbed - Prototype

When a bandit shoots you chances are you will live, but when the last enemy in the game shoots you it's deadly - Fable II

A simple herb is enough to bring back to life your friend after they've died - The Last Remnant

Even after being submerged in water, your hair will always come out dry and in the spiky form you left it - Kingdom Hearts

No matter where you are, or what you're doing music will come from the air around you and when you sleep at inn's your sleeping body causes music to play - RPG's

If you're ever lost and have forgotten what to do a yellow light will direct you anywhere - Fable II

If you hit someone numbers will pop out of their heads - RPG's

Even though during a battle you can bring the girl back to life after being killed, when the bad guy kills her in a cutscene she's screwed forever - Final Fantasy VII

No matter how much you fight, and no matter how much blood you draw from your enemies, you never have to shower or wash your hair - Lots of games[/FONT]

• 3 months later...
-you can take multiple shotgun blasts from your team mates, be ripped to shreds by a pack of zombies, and restore the majority of your health with a standard first aid kit

-any all powerful, god-like villain can be defeated by a band of teenagers with unlikely hairstyles

[color=#9933ff][size=4][font=monotype corsiva]The following are all I've learned from being forced to play [B]Halo[/B] while I was visiting my fiance last month- yes, CHW got herself engaged to a Canadian with good taste in jewlery :D

1.) No matter how many times you run into a wall you won't fall over

2.) After you shoot someone they will most likely come back to life even while their corpse is still laying on the ground.

3.) you have to run someone over repeatedly to kill them and they still may be able to run away while you're backing up [/color][/size][/font]

• 2 months later...
I may have traveled all around the Kanto region, but I never have to take a bath.

It's acceptable to take a quick nap when you and your Pokemon are in the middle of rescuing the president of a large corporation.

No matter how many times I beat my rival, he will always say that I am way behind him and that my Pokemon are pathetic.