OtakuBoards

Which games have you played so often that you can beat them in your sleep?

Hisamtsu

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#4B0082]Definitely The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. One time I had pulled an all-nighter and was playing LttP to keep myself awake until evening. By the time I got through Level 4: Thieves' Town my eyes were starting to lose focus. So I went into the boss fight with Blind, literally half asleep, and my fingers just sort of moved on their own to dodge all his fireballs. I wasn't focused on any particular spot on the screen at all, I just sort of saw it all and knew where the fireballs would be. After beating him without getting hit (the first time I had done that), it took me a moment to realize what had just happened but then it felt totally awesome.

Super Metroid is another game I can do this with, though my skill does start deteriorating with drowsiness due to the incredibly fine control needed to pull off some of the more advanced tricks in the game. I've played it so many times that I can run through on autopilot and still get 100% with about an hour and a half on the in-game clock.[/color]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hmm, I wouldn't say that's necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure there is a game or two that you know a little bit about, not everything and anything.

I can beat [B]Resident Evil 4[/B] in my sleep now, because I've played through the game enough times to know where everything is and have all the cool special treasures to get max pstas (abbreviation). Then again, I do have the infinite Rocket Launcher and the Chicago Typewriter. My brother likes to put Ashley in the suit of armor so he can leave her out in the open and have the ganados come after her while he plugs them at his leisure. Yes, dastardly gaming runs in the family. ;)

I can play [B]Tekken 5[/B] in my sleep, because the computer is just downright idiotic sometimes. I'll throw a move from max distance the computer will still run right into it. Then again, I can beat the CPU pretty handily in any fighter because I exploit the AI. Force it to react a certain way and punish the CPU for not having multiple ways of handling situations. Seriously, if I hang just oustide of jump range and EVERY cpu opponent is gonna try a jump in, it makes for some very boring matches.[/FONT]

I'm in agreement with Boo. Even though I have a lot of time on my hands (for now), I can't play the same games over and over like that. I get bored fairly quickly, and I have sort of a short attention span.

But if we're going by what Korey said, then I can say that I know [b]Goldeneye007[/b] (N64) fairly well. Not to the point to where I can beat it in my sleep, but I know a little bit of this and that. Having the Invisible Mode turned on helps know the already easy patrol routes.

I also know [b]Final Fantasy 8[/b] pretty well, battle wise, that is. Things like where to go/ what to do next I have to read a walkthrough.

[quote name='Korey']I can play Tekken 5 in my sleep, because the computer is just downright idiotic sometimes. I'll throw a move from max distance the computer will still run right into it. Then again, I can beat the CPU pretty handily in any fighter because I exploit the AI. Force it to react a certain way and punish the CPU for not having multiple ways of handling situations. Seriously, if I hang just oustide of jump range and EVERY cpu opponent is gonna try a jump in, it makes for some very boring matches.[/quote]
I didn't care much for Tekken 5, but I found the boss for it to be the complete opposite. If I recall, he kills your block or can damage you through your blocks. And then he has moves that can take you from full health to less than 1/3 in on hit. But then again I was never all that great in the Tekken games and, the only character(s) I was ever good with was Hworang (sp?), Eddie and Jin. (before he was dumbed down.)

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I've definitely played the first [B]Super Mario Bros.[/B] (for the NES) enough times to beat it in my sleep. If I'm wide awake and alert I can usually beat the game (with warps) in 14 minutes. 11 minutes is my record. I've made dodging fireballs and leaping hammers an art. :p

I've also played [B]Mario Party 2[/B] a ridiculous amount of times. I have every single minigame memorized as well as how to win each one flawlessly. My best friend has owned the game for like 9 years so it really has been played to death.[/COLOR][/FONT]

For me, I can do several games. One for sure is Pokemon Pearl. I've had it for almost a year, and I beat it in 2 days!!! IT"S TOO DANG EASY!!!!! All I do is press A repeatedly, and I win every battle. I haven't even beaten Lunar Knights, and I took one of the bosses while thinking about Naruto!!! Then there's Pokemon Trozei, where I played it so much, I could have sworn I fell asleep and made it to endless 55. Unfortunately, every time I play it, when I close my eyes, I see little wooper and teddiursa being lined up and disappearing. It's not always those pokemon, but you get the picture. I used to have a Crash Bandicoot game for DS that was an incredibly sucky Mario Party knock-off. I beat the thing in 2 hours. I could beat it again in my sleep as many times as I want if I could find the danged thing. Then I've played Inuyasha: Feudal Combat. I was going against my brother, who is KILLER at any games, and I beat him with Sango while half asleep, (He was wide awake and was using Naraku) and I barely played that thing! I still kept dying when he used Miroku, though. I might remember more... just depends on if someone jogs my memory.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Well I wouldn't say that I could do it in my sleep, but I've played [B]Diablo II[/B] enough that the first level of difficulty is like a cakewalk. Once you've played on Nightmare and Hell... that first level is so easy that you just fly through it in no time.

[B]Star Ocean: Till the end of Time [/B]is the same in that respect. That first level of difficulty is just so easy in comparison that once you've played the other... it's really easy to just breeze through. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][b]Fable: The Lost Chapters[/b], it's gotten to the point where just for the laugh, I've trained to master every skill in the game before my first actual mission and then laugh at other heroes when they think they're better than me (Briar Rose, I'm looking at you).

I'd probably throw the two [B]KOTOR[/B] games, [B]Jade Empire[/B], [B]Mass Effect[/B] and [B]Elder Scrolls Oblivion[/B] in with Fable for their difficulty, once you know practically what you and the enemy will do, it's child's play[/SIZE]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]Well I wouldn't say that I could do it in my sleep, but I've played [B]Diablo II[/B] enough that the first level of difficulty is like a cakewalk. Once you've played on Nightmare and Hell... that first level is so easy that you just fly through it in no time. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Same here, it's so absurdly easy that it's kind of amusing actually. Especially dealing with the major bosses, they just die so quickly that it doesn't seem real.

Another game I can just about play in my sleep is [B]Ocarina of Time[/B]. It's the sort of game that once you know what to do, it can just fly by rather quickly. [B]Majora's Mask[/B] falls in that description too. There are a few spots that are tricky, but again, once you figure out the tactic, it's pretty easy to beat.

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Pokemon, hands down. But I think pretty much anyone can beat that in their sleep XD. It's the only game I'm actually good at, haha.[/size][/QUOTE]

Oh, geez. Me too...I'm so ashamed to say that I suck at every other game I've ever tried...:animedepr

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I am this way with [B]Tales of Symphonia.[/B] I've played it so often that I've even memorized the fastest way to pick up the Devil's Arms. Plus with all the grade to buy 10x Exp. and the like it's a total cakewalk for bosses.

I've also almost gotten there with [B]The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker.[/B] It's my personal favorite Zelda, no offense to Ocarina fans. It's fun, clever, got some nice puzzles and bosses and the graphics are quite pretty. I still play it from time to time.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Megaman Legends/64.

My God. I've played through that blasted game so many times, I practically can recite every scene from memory. Every sound effect, every detail...

...Heck, I should play through it some day and see how much I can say, and see how well it matches up with the actual dialogue.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I've also almost gotten there with [B]The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker.[/B] It's my personal favorite Zelda, no offense to Ocarina fans. It's fun, clever, got some nice puzzles and bosses and the graphics are quite pretty. I still play it from time to time.[/FONT][/QUOTE]XD I love that game though. Link makes the funniest faces for stuff so I never get tired of playing it, it's just so much fun! :catgirl: So in addition to [B]Ocarina of Time[/B] I'd say [B]The Windwaker[/B] is a also a game that I feel like I can beat in my sleep. >_> Well pretty close since once you know what to do, it's pretty easy to do it. [/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guyver III
I would have to say Turtles for the NES. im old school, when i was young i couldnt beat the water stage to save my life. i got a little older and played that game to DEATH. I could probably beat that game playing with my toes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
[quote name='Boo'][size=1]I'm honestly very glad to say that I can't say anything like the above posts.[/size][/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, my friend. I enjoy playing video games to a high degree, but I've never been so enthralled by or experienced in any particular game that I could walk on through it.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'd definitely say both [B]Ocarina of Time[/B] and [B]The Windwaker[/B] are games that I can easily beat. They are fun, but the difficulty level is just too simple once you figure it out. The same can be said for [B]Diablo II: Lord of Destruction[/B]. I've beaten the normal level of difficulty and the Nightmare level. Once you've tackled the last boss on Nightmare, and you've played on Hell... the normal default level becomes a cake walk.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Pokemon is a game I can beat in my sleep! Nothing gets past me and I win every battle that Im in and really collecting all the pokemone is easy when you have both versions of the game for example Red and Blue or Gold and Silver!!!

Another game would have to be Mario Kart! Its simple enough to just hold a button down and turn ever so often!