Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Hasn't the DBZ movie been due for the past five years? Like every year the due date would change? I think so.

I just hope Hugh Jackman isn't Goku.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I just hope Hugh Jackman isn't Goku.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Could be worse, could be Shia LeBeouf, that kid is in everything lately.[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Could be worse, could be Shia LeBeouf, that kid is in everything lately.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]Touche'. But I do bet he'll play adult Gohan.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Whoa, Mann][COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]Touche'. But I do bet he'll play adult Gohan.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]KEANU REAVES!!!! IT HAS TO BE KEANU REAVES!!!!

Also, Deep Roy should make an appearance as some character or other, just for amusement's sake. I mean, now that we've gone and made the Namekians all pale and what, couldn't hurt.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]KEANU REAVES!!!! IT HAS TO BE KEANU REAVES!!!![/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]:animesmil

No matter how hard I try, I actually just can't picture that at all. Given how wooden his performances tend to be, maybe he should play Dr. Gero, I'm sure Hollywood could age him appropriately.

I definitely want Morgan Freeman as King Kai though, that'd be awesome. ^_^[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE="1"]:animesmil

No matter how hard I try, I actually just can't picture that at all. Given how wooden his performances tend to be, maybe he should play Dr. Gero, I'm sure Hollywood could age him appropriately.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Oh, I'm certain deep down in there somewhere is the capacity to act happy.

Go-lucky is a whole 'nother ball game. Really, though, I just think it'd be hilarious to see Neo hit SSJ5.[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]...I definitely want Morgan Freeman as King Kai though, that'd be awesome. ^_^[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]As much as I generally tend to value you're opinion, I really don't see how that could work my crazy Irish friend![/size]
Posted
[quote name='Andrew'][size=1]As much as I generally tend to value you're opinion, I really don't see how that could work my crazy Irish friend![/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]OK, maybe I should put it another way then, nobody could do a worse job than the original character...except Keanu Reeves and Shia LeBeouf. :animesmil

That and Morgan Freeman could actually bring some genuine humour and dare I say life to the role. God know's it'll probably be David Carradine. [/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Ya know, Gavin, if they were doing a DBZ movie, they could cast Morgan Freeman as Kami. At least I think so. *shrugs*

And as for Keanu Reeves ever being involved in a Dragon Ball related title [or anything that relates to my childhood in any way, shape, or form] would cause me to lose my mind and would require years of therapy to ever get over. I could deal with Shia LeBeouf

As for the actual Dragon Ball movie in creation, I was disappointed when I first heard about it, I was disappointed when I saw the promo poster, and thanks to that god-awful shot of what James-Marsters-Piccolo looks like, I think I might need to go cry for a while.

Will I see it though? You can bet your *** I will. And chances are I'll by crying the [B]whole[/B] week afterwords. [/SIZE]
Posted
Well, I never really watched Dragonball. I was more of a Dragonball Z fan. I watched from the Freiza to Cell saga... After that, I lost interest (Probably due to Cartoon Network playing the same episodes over and over that never had any substance to them, but creating the spirit bomb!!! OMG!)

So, seeing that I never really watched the Dragonball series, I'm sure I won't care either way as to how the movie turns out... It's kinda like how I feel about the Twilight movie: I hated the book, so I know I'll probably like the movie in comparison. (Although it won't necessarily make it a good movie)

I 99% sure the movie will bomb, but you never know! It might surprise you, and the casting list has made me happy. (somewhat) On IMDB, I don't quite recall many of the characters, (besides Goku, Master Roshi, Yamcha, Piccolo, Bulma, and Chi Chi) so I'm assuming the rest of these characters are exclusive to Dragonball??? Either way, I like Chi Chi's casting... And I like Justin Chatwin and Emmy Rossum. Now, weather or not they'll be good as Goku and Bulma, I have no clue. I'm doubting it, but they're some of my favorite actors for a reason, so we'll see how this all translates.

Best we can do is wait until April 10th and cross our fingers, toes, minds, and hearts!
Posted
[quote name='Darren']Best we can do is wait until April 10th and cross our fingers, toes, minds, and hearts![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]You forgot eyes, so that if it's bad we at least don't have to keep watching it. :p[/SIZE]
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Not as bad as I had feared. I did break out laughing though at piccolos first expression in the trailer. Trailers is a little more dramatic then what I thought it would be.
Posted
[size=1]Lol that's not Dragonball...

When I think of Dragonball or Dragonball Z, I think of fighting, insane moves and lots of comedy. Doesn't look like it's in here.

At best it's a movie [i]based[/i] off Dragonball. I have no hope for this film at all.

GOD FORBID if they ever decide to take on DBZ...[/size]
Posted
[color=darkred][size=1]Mmeh. I've calmed down as a fanboy in recent years and grown to accept that many changes in movies are for the best. But this one...this bothers me.

I'm willing to give it a shot, and it is perhaps too early to pass judgment based ona teaser trailer...but Dragon Ball does not look promising so far.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE]It's actually not as terrible looking as I thought it would be.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I beg to differ. I'd like to quote the person who wrote the review of the trailer on that site. "Fail." I won't repeat the reasons why this will suck..its evident. ;p[/SIZE]
Posted
Wow that was terrible. Perhaps we're not getting the quirky humor because it's short, but my hunch is the humor made way for super-seriousness.

Random impertinent questions we should as the director.
>Where's Goku's tail?
Why is Piccolo a vampire?
That's Master Roshi?

Oh the prophecy! Well, I have my own prophecy, this film will defy the laws of physics and suck and blow at the same time!
Posted
[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]I'd like to quote the person who wrote the review of the trailer on that site. "Fail."[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Agreed, but I'm going to throw "epic" behind it in order to show my full contempt. Given that we had Forbidden Kingdom not that long ago, I fail to see the logic in doing a shite adaptation of another adaptation. God I hate Hollywood sometimes.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]All I have to ask is: Why are there cars? Aside from Bulma's bike there should be no other vehicle on land! >_<

Here's to seconding Gav's "Epic Fail".[/size]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Gavin'][size=1] God I hate Hollywood sometimes.[/size][/QUOTE]They're just doing their usual... why bother with doing something new or doing it right... let's butcher something that already exists!

I know so little about Dragonball and yet I can clearly see the bland 'fighter/TV series' [I]wanna be[/I] [U]movie[/U] (utter fail) aspect of that trailer. [B]._. [/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
I immediately got a 'power rangers' feel from it. They shouldn't have wasted everyone's time and just premiered this on the sci fi channel. Apparently the director has signed a three picture deal that will extend the films deep into Dragonball Z. This is the classic problem when the studio thinks something will fail, so they put a half-*** effort into it and surprise... it sucks. Even the actors look like they're just going through the motions. This was not a children's cartoon in japan; I know it came off that way more in America, but clearly this is a children's movie.
Posted
[quote name='Katakidoushi']Apparently the director has signed a three picture deal that will extend the films deep into Dragonball Z. This is the classic problem when the studio thinks something will fail, so they put a half-*** effort into it and surprise... it sucks.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]...I think I just died a little inside on reading that, in the same way I died after seeing the recent Clone Wars movie.

Given how badly they've screwed up a Dragonball adaptation, I don't want to even imagine how they're going to change the concept of Saiyans and Androids (which given they've probably skipped Gero and the Red Ribbon Army shouldn't even occur).[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...