OtakuBoards

Terminator: Salvation

Allamorph

[FONT="Arial"][CENTER][URL="http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/terminatorsalvation/"][COLOR="Blue"]Official Trailer[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

Hmm, T4. Dunno what to think, really. First movie was great, second was good, third left off at a fair enough point to contrast the "No Fate" line. But now, seems like something's not going as John Connor said it would in the first movie. Personally, I rather liked the bit about the inevitability of the war and its implications on fate, myself, so we'll see how that gets handled in the new one.

Big casting points, though. First, Christian Bale as John Connor. [I]*one eyebrow lifts*[/I]

Second, no Ahnold. [I]*second eyebrow lifts*[/I] Not even a cameo, apparently.

[QUOTE][B]Found on Wikipedia[/B]
[FONT="Arial"][I]Roland Kickinger as the prototype T-800: This will be the first Terminator film in which Arnold Schwarzenegger does not play the Model 101 Terminator, because he is serving as Governor of California. The Austrian-born Kickinger previously portrayed Schwarzenegger in a 2005 biographical film on the A&E Network.[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]

So we don't get Schwarzenegger, but a Schwarzenegger lookalike. Amusing.

Anyone else wanna chip in?[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Having enjoyed the first two movies and vaguely suffered through the third, I can safely say that I will not be watching T4 in theaters unless my boyfriend pays for it.

However I am not adverse to paying for a rental when it's out on Dvd.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]It looks different enough from the other movies that it could be an interesting new direction for the franchise. The whole time travel protecting/attacking John or Sarah Connor good/evil Terminator thing got old after the second one, and seeing how the whole Skynet arc plays out could be pretty cool.

But McG directing? [I]Charlie's Angels[/I], anyone? [I]Full Throttle[/I]? No? Not surprised. However, I have been proven wrong in terms of direction in the past, so I think I'll reserve judgement.

[/SIZE][quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Second, no Ahnold. [I]*second eyebrow lifts*[/I'] Not even a cameo, apparently.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Allegedly, Ahnold will appear towards the end of the film. However, it will be Arnie's face digitally mapped onto Kickinger's body. Weird, admittedly, but I'm not sure you can be surprised he's too busy to feature. He's kinda got other stuff on ;).[/SIZE]

The trailer does look interesting, however I wonder if they can really do anymore with this series without it being stale. I'm not sure if I'll bother to see it in the theaters. After the first two I kind of got tired of it. Perhaps I'll check it out on DVD or cable later on. I do agree that Christian Bale as John Connor is a plus though. =P

[SIZE="1"]I loved the first two. The second being my favorite. The third was..meh. I hate the series, thankfully I'm never home when its on, haha.

I'm actually looking forward to it, I think Christian Bale is a great choice for John Conner, however the lack of Arnold makes me wonder. We [I]need[/I] the man! Who cares about California, he needs to play terminator! Obviously I'm kidding. :p[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DimGray"]The first two had John Cameron, the David Coverdale of directing (i.e. cool-looking, ultimately shallow, and blows up real good).

This one has McG. He doesn't even have a name.

I don't think I need to elaborate... Christian Bale, what were you thinking. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Terminator is one of my all time favorite series' second only to James Bond. I don't see how having an Arnold look alike is a good move for the series. The whole time the viewer will just be comparing his traits to Schwarzenegger's. It would have been smarter to just go with a completely different look entirely.

Either way i'm excited to see this movie, I've been waiting long enough.[/SIZE]

[quote name='SilentSecurity'][SIZE="1"]I don't see how having an Arnold look alike is a good move for the series. The whole time the viewer will just be comparing his traits to Schwarzenegger's. It would have been smarter to just go with a completely different look entirely.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Completely agreed, it makes no sense at all to attempt to cast a lookalike for a model which could be created by the hundreds in a factory. Perhaps it's attempting to tie into the fact John will be killed by one of those models (as stated in T3) but it reeks of poor planning to me. Better to have Arnie may a guest appearance at the end and air-brush him to look the part than digitally impose his face.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Allamorph][FONT="Arial"']I rather liked the bit about the inevitability of the war and its implications on fate, myself, so we'll see how that gets handled in the new one.[/FONT][/quote]That's the part that has me at least curious enough to bother seeing it when it comes out.

Anyway I do agree that any form of look-a-like for Arnold would probably be better than a digital makeover. Though I'm also of the opinion that if he really can't be in it at all, they should just leave it alone. There's no reason to force it just for the sake of his face being in the film.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=indigo][b]Christian Bale.[/b] Enough said, I'm sold. I will go see it.....if I can afford it that is. I will see any movie with that God of a man in it, lol *shameless fan*

I do wonder how the story will pan, though. How much can you expect from this story line....but hey, there are tones of other movies that kept playing out..[/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
The question is, why make this movie? The story told in the first 3 films has revolved around the prevention of the event known as "Judgement Day." This event occured at the conclusion to the third film, which wraps up the story, completing it. We cannot prevent judgement Day, it is enevitable. This is the conclusion.

So where do we go from here? A generic actioner set in the aftermath of Judgement Day springs to mind. One with none of the original cast, Terminator without the Governator? Another reason why they should have scrapped this onto the "drop and leave" pile.

I see that James Cameron is not tied to this project, which makes me even more skeptical that this ship will fly. It was his vision after all, and without him at the helm, it has every possibility to veer off into something drastically different.

However, despite my cynicism, I'll reserve my final opinion for Judgement Day, opening night at the cinema.

If anbyone doubts the intensity that Crhistian Bale will bring to the role of John Connor, all you need to do is YouTube for the leaked audio of him losing his rag on set. I mean, this dude is intense!

If they can't make Terminator 4 work with Christian Bale in this role, they suck.

[quote name='David Grohl']
[COLOR=dimgray]This one has McG. He doesn't even have a name.[/COLOR][/quote]

I'm more interested now. McG is a big part of the CW seriew [I]Supernatural, [/I]of which I'm a HUGE fan, so you've just given me a reason to watch.

And I'm to lazy to look it up now, but wasn't Arnold already Governor when the third came out? Or at least campaigning, which I think would be more strenuous then actually being governor.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]Part of me is curious to see this and the other part could care less. It just seems like they are milking the series instead of moving on. Still, it might actually be good. We'll find out soon enough. =P[quote name='Kinetix]I expect the film to be half as entertaining as[COLOR="Red"] [b][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA"]this[/URL][/COLOR] [/b']video.[/quote]What I find amusing about that (not the language) is if you pay attention to what the other person is saying, it's like they couldn't just say they were sorry for messing the scene up. They had to keep arguing and getting the last word in. Sure I think he overreacted, but the other guy was being a jackass about it. [/FONT][/COLOR]