OtakuBoards

What's your ringtone?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]If this is in the wrong forum I'm sorry for the inconvienience (which I can't spell ). But I just got my new mobile (it's purple!) and have been downloading some songs for ring tones on to it. I've even assigned ring tones for some friends. So I'm wondering if I'm alone in being this odd and if anyone else has fun ring tones.

Anyways here are mine. I'll even explain why I picked them.

1.) [B]Halo Theme Heavy Metal version[/B] for my boyfriend. Well what he says is that being a hero is great but being a super hero is even better. I just thought that at least I'd know that it was my phone ringing. Actually that's why I've downloaded a few ring tones. BUt never use this for your mobile alarm unless you want to be jarred awake.

2.)[B] Final Fantasy Fanfare[/B] for my friend Angel. She likes the song and the game and since she decided that Shut Up and Drive by Rhianna is my ring tone I decided to give her a personalized one as well.

3.) [b] Honey Punch[/b] for my friend Tom. The main reason for this is because it's from a band he likes. Plus it's a DDR song and he likes DDR.

My default ring tone is Golden Sky by Smile (Don't laugh, at least I know it's my phone), but I'm working on getting [B]Love [/B]or [B]Take Me As I Am[/B] by [B]Sugarland [/B]as the new ring tone. I'm also thinking of loading [B]41[/B] or [B]Superman [/B]by [B]DMB[/B] for my friend Lisa.

So there you have it, any contributions?[/color][/font][/size]

I wish my phone had the FF fanfare, I would so persuade my fiancee to get it as mine...

As far as [I]my[/I] ringtones go here they are:

1.) [B]It's America, [/B]I'm not totally sure who its by, but it's a really patriotic song and I use it for all my contacts except a special group

2.) [B]I don't care-[/B]By Fallout Boy, I use this for my work contacts. I know that typically for work you'd rather them call and it NOT be about you, but the I don't care part really is all I worry about.

And lastly, well this isn't a ringtone persay, its my call back tunes that play when somebody is calling me (instead of the typical ringer its what the caller hears.)

1.) [B]Carry on my Wayward Son[/B]- By Kansas, this song is sort've my position in my family. And one of the signature songs featured on my fiancee's, and my, favorite shows [B]Supernatural[/B]

2.) [B]Wanted Dead or Alive[/B] - By Jon Bon Jovi, this song is just a classic song (also featured on Supernatural) that I take as my personal theme song.

* As of 5 minutes ago Dead or Alive has become a ringtone as well

[size=1][B]Anarchy in the UK[/B]! What did you expect? I also have [b]Blitzkrieg Bop[/b] as a 'tone for my text messages. My friend also has hold of a 'punk/rock' version of Beethoven's 9th O_o... which I want...

Past ringtones:
Ka-Boom Ka-Boom by Marilyn Manson
Viva la Revolution by the Adicts
F--- Emo by Cheap Sex
I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry
So What by Pink.

Quite a funny mix there really...[/size]

[SIZE="1"]At the minute, although I should really say "For about the last eight months" my ringtone has been [B]Frontline[/B] by [I]Pillar[/I]. I haven't changed it simply out of the fact I'll know it's my phone going off in a crowded room and it's probably my favourite song by that group.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Ufufu, my text message ringtone is the[B] FFXII Victory fanfare[/B]! I wish I had the FF7 one, but I'd feel like a fake seeing as I haven't completed it. Also, the XII version is more orchestral and dramatic.

My phone call ringtone is [B]Returns a King[/B] from, yes, [I]the 300[/I]. Because I am so damn epic I simply can't have anything else.[/SIZE]

[color=deeppink]My phone's not nifty enough for these newfangled ringtones. I'm still rocking the basic tonal kind.

That being said, I don't have a specific ringtone. I have everybody on my list set as something different, and if I don't have someone set that means they don't call me.[/color]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]I have a few Ringtones, but nothing over the top like the FF7 Fanfare (although I wanted it).

My ringtone for when my girlfriend calls is [B]She's Sexy[/B] by N.E.R.D. Not a bad song and it is just something fun that I picked out.

For my mom it would be the [B]Imperial March Theme[/B] from Star Wars. That way I always know when my mom is calling, because it will signify the death of some planet.

For everyone else it's [B]Santeria[/B] by Sublime. Cause I said so ;([/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]When everyone calls me they're subjected to being assigned the ringtone of the Wild Orcas of the Pacific Northwest. I like whales, and my whale ring tone can be heard over most other sounds because it doesn't sound like a ring tone. Hooray.

Although when I call my boyfriend his phone plays Smack Dat. Humiliating? Only a little.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well, for each person is a new ringtone!
"1979" Smashing Pumpkins
"Australia" The Shins
"Drive" Incubus
"Four Winds" Bright Eyes
"I Summon You" Spoon
"January 1979", "Messes of Men" mewithoutYou
"Portions for Foxes" Rilo Kiley
"Say It Ain't So" Weezer
"Sweetness" Jimmy Eat World
"The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose" Circa Survive
"This House" Edison Glass
"Waiting" Green Day

But for everyone else, you get the classic X-Men theme song from the 90s cartoon...

My ringback is also a very bad quality Green Day song... And unfortunately, I can't change it because my new phone doesn't have internet in order for me to cancel it. But the subscription is almost expired...

And, of course, my text message tone is the Power Rangers communicator tone...

:D (My phone makes me very happy)

[quote name='Ezekiel'][SIZE=1]Ufufu, my text message ringtone is the[B] FFXII Victory fanfare[/B]! I wish I had the FF7 one, but I'd feel like a fake seeing as I haven't completed it. Also, the XII version is more orchestral and dramatic.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]My phone call ringtone is [B]Returns a King[/B] from, yes, [I]the 300[/I]. Because I am so damn epic I simply can't have anything else.[/SIZE][/quote]

The only thing that I think would be a better FF Fanfare would be is if you could get the original, and yes I mean go back all the way to FFI-FFIII.

[SIZE="1"]I hate cell phones, lol. I finally got one this past august, mainly for emergencies but I've found myself using it more than I thought, but more texting than talking. I hate talking on phones. I use the Verizon pay as you go, because I don't want the hassel of a contract at the moment.

I don't use any special ringtone, or any ring at all. I sport the "Vibrate" option. I can't stand when people's phones go off in public places, and I don't want to be one of them, hah.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Well first off I got my [B]Final Fantasy[/B] ringtone off of phonezoo.com. I'm going to load [B]Sleeping Beauty[/B] soon and use that in case work calls me.

After that I love the V-Cast feature on my Verizone phone- it can figure out most song ID's (except it hasn't worked on a few InuYAsha songs, a song from FMA and most songs from the [B]Winx Power Show in Italy[/B] Sadly it costs money to load the songs, so I don't think I'll have [B]This is My Land[/B] by Dido any time soon.

Finally Boo. Where did you get the Underwear song? If I had that I'd set it as my voice mail alert, let everything go to voicemail then leave the alerts on for every fifteen seconds.[/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen for general calls.
What is Love by Haddaway for my best friend Phillip.
We're not Gonna Take it by Twisted Sister for my other best friend Josh.
Working Man by Rush for my boss as well as my advisor.
The Higurashi theme song for my brother.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=taperson][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]*bzzt* *bzzt *bzzt*

I love vibrate.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Same here. Having your phone go off in the middle of class just doesn't go over well so I tend to leave it at that. When I remember to change it back, I just use some snippets from waltzes for different people. And yes I'm too lazy to look to remember which ones.

Let's see, I do not use very many ringers. However...

My boyfriend's ringer is Now You're Gone by Basshunter since we both get sad and lonely when we are not talking to eachother.

Anyone from work as the Hungarian dance ringer so that I know to avoid those if I can help it.

When my friends call, this little animation plays which is of a kung fu fight.

Lastly, when anyone in my family calls, reqium dies irae plays. So I can avoid my over obsessive mother too when I need to.

[COLOR="Purple"]Hmmm.......I don't use a cellphone that often anymore.......but last year I did have this totally AWESOME rock tone.......that was built into the phone, though(although I did want to have Thanks for the Memories). I choose my parent's and since we've changed services (from Virgin Mobile to Verizon) they have had the WORST ringtones ever. I did choose this one that went to a few octaves- it was catchy too. But mom changed it to this equally cool one; it sounded like a forest or something. With my next phone I'm definently getting Mozart. :catgirl:[/COLOR]

[quote name='Monarck'][COLOR="Purple"] I choose my parent's and since we've changed services (from Virgin Mobile to Verizon) they have had the WORST ringtones ever. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Yeah, I have Verizon too. And while their service is much better than my old one (I had T-mobile and I have never dropped so many calls or not been able to get service in so many places. ) I don't care much for their ring tones. But I didn't buy the phone service for the ring tones, I bought it because it's the only mobile phone service with a calling plan that includes Canada. Plus I get 20% off my phone bills and 25% off of acessories thanks to my per-diem job.

I guess Tellus (a Canadian phone company) isn't that bad. Except I sent my friend the file of Final Fantasy Fanfare and even though she can save it to her phone she can't set it as her ringtone (for everyone) so now she just plays the opening for fun and annoyance.[/color][/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I guess Tellus (a Canadian phone company) isn't that bad. [/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Telus doesn't work well on my campus! :p

My phone is usually on vibrate. That or I set it to flash when someone call, when the vibrate annoys me.

Other than that, my ringtunes/tones are:

Tetris for my Parents
The Scale-Interpol for Friends
Megaman for my brother
A funky tune for my sister
A jazzy tune for my other sister
My default is Tetris too, it used to be Somebody told Me.
My wake up tune is currently Dragon Roost from LoZ; Windwaker.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='celestialcharm'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Telus doesn't work well on my campus! :p[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Yeah Telus also won't let my friend download the Final Fantasy ringtone I sent her. Ok let me rephrase that- she can download it but she can't apply it.

My sister-in-law's ringtone is now the TWeety bird I tawt a taw a puddy tat one. It's so funny and since she likes Tweety it fits.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Ezekiel'][SIZE="1"]Ufufu, my text message ringtone is the[B] FFXII Victory fanfare[/B]! I wish I had the FF7 one, but I'd feel like a fake seeing as I haven't completed it. Also, the XII version is more orchestral and dramatic.

My phone call ringtone is [B]Returns a King[/B] from, yes, [I]the 300[/I]. Because I am so damn epic I simply can't have anything else.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:animedeprI have the ff7 one and I have hardly played that. Are you calling me fake?

I also have some Elton John song for my best friend. (God knows why she picked that, she doesn't even listen to him. )

I have a rap song about Yoshi from Super Mario for my other best buddy.

And my default ringer is the Chocobo theme from Final Fantasy, not sure which one.