OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Japan_86']What job was the interview for?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]To work at a bookstore or the coffee shop at the bookstore or whatever! I'm pretty sure I got it... I just don't know which part I'm working in yet ^-^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='chibi-master']He has one freaking box of it. The stuff's probably stale by now, but those terrible children are determined to have all the cereal.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You only ever see him holding one box at the same time. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same box, especially since the box art has changed dozens of times even in his own universe. And ever notice how he creates every new marshmallow the cereal introduces and uses it to escape those kids?

Yeah, the guy has an endless magical supply of this stuff. He'd have a lucrative business going if he'd stop being such a greedy jerk and at least make them available in the stores of whatever universe they're in.

You know who's a real villain? Sugar Bear. He robs little old ladies and punches out random talking animals for nothing but a bowl of Golden Crisp.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You know who's a real villain? Sugar Bear. He robs little old ladies and punches out random talking animals for nothing but a bowl of Golden Crisp.[/FONT][/quote]
what about the cookie crisp dog... you know... Cookie Crook!
he steals the stuff and constantly makes a fool of the cookie cop.
and chip the dog/wolf is just as bad, though less successful now.

no wonder i am so mixed up... my childhood was massacred by twisted ad campaigns by madmen marketers.

[quote name='CaNz']what about the cookie crisp dog... you know... Cookie Crook!
he steals the stuff and constantly makes a fool of the cookie cop.
and chip the dog/wolf is just as bad, though less successful now.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well, Cookie Crook is at the very least portrayed as a baddie. They treat Sugar bear like he's a good guy.

Anyone seen that new ad for the Tony Hawk bikes/ scooters/whatever? Where the kids are awesome because they rob this stuff right out of the factory from the "lame" guy who was nice enough to give them [I]a tour of the effing factory?[/I][/FONT]

[FONT="Calibri"][INDENT][I]"The snakes' owner tried to revive another by massaging it and blowing into its mouth through a plastic pipe."[/I][/INDENT]
[/FONT]
[CENTER][IMG]http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/08/10/laugh460.jpg[/IMG]
[/CENTER]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
Anyone seen that new ad for the Tony Hawk bikes/ scooters/whatever? Where the kids are awesome because they rob this stuff right out of the factory from the "lame" guy who was nice enough to give them [I]a tour of the effing factory?[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Why are such actions protrayed as "cool" in all of these commercials?! Does no one else notice the wrongness of it all?!

I looked up some old Trix commercials, and apparently, in a 60's ad, the rabbit actually got a bite of the cereal before the kids tied him to a tree and took his cereal AND the bowl he was eating it out of, even though they had been shown having two of their own. He then cut through the rope. WITH HIS EARS. LIKE A PAIR OF SCISSORS.

[quote name='chibi-master']I looked up some old Trix commercials, and apparently, in a 60's ad, the rabbit actually got a bite of the cereal before the kids tied him to a tree and took his cereal AND the bowl he was eating it out of, even though they had been shown having two of their own. He then cut through the rope. WITH HIS EARS. LIKE A PAIR OF SCISSORS.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh, and their prejudice is also pretty much limited to the poor rabbit. There was one commercial where he dressed himself up as a police officer (which you will note is an occupation that children cannot hold.) They actually gave him a bite, at which point he spazzed out, his ears were revealed and SILLY RABBIT TRIX ARE FOR KIDS.

Bull to the crap, Trix are for not you, more like.[/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I'm up at 6am reminding myself that I have to bring my daughter's snowpants to school this morning because her pre-K teacher is taking them outside today. Meanwhile I have a facebook message from my fiance's cousin up in Surrey an hour north of Vancouver that she hasn't seen any snow yet.

Sounds like the Vancouver winter games are SOL.[/color][/font][/size]

Bought the Hollow Fields omnibus collection yesterday. I must say, it was one of the best series I've read in a long time! :catgirl:

I have somehow convinced the majority of my teachers to let me be an exception to the no-hat rule that some hat-hating fool in the school board came up with. I have awesome hats, and I want to flaunt them and enjoy them! It's nice to know most of my teachers can recognize great hats when they see them.:catgirl: [/ego]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]There are people out there, allegedly human beings, who take advantage of the anonymity of the internet to be complete and utter douches. They have absolutely no redeeming qualities and seem to sustain themselves on the misery and hatred of their peers. They may or may not also know their way around a computer just enough to leave IP banning a non-option. These are not trolls, as trolling can be applied to serve a purpose if used correctly. These are diseases.

This annoys me.[/FONT]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]There's laundry to do and it's mine, but I just can't bring myself to care enough to do it. Maybe I'll get lucky and the laundry fairy will come in the middle of the night and do it.:catgirl:[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

Argh, I do so dislike laundry... Especially moving the wet clothes to the dryer...

It's hard to get back into the swing of things in school after a week and a half of break... Just one more day until the weekend...

So Ace, I assume you had a bad encounter or something?

[quote name='chibi-master']So Ace, I assume you had a bad encounter or something?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]TheO in general did. Just felt like my opinion ought to be out there on the subject.

[YOUTUBE="Ridiculous Lucky Captain Rabbit King"]CJL00quNpAg[/YOUTUBE]

Back onto the subject of cereal, were you aware that Lucky Captain Rabbit King Nuggets are for the youth?[/FONT]

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I've never played Super Mario until now, & now I'm addicted, even though I still don't understand most of it ;-;[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

An Italian plumber eats magical mushrooms and jumps on turtles. Doesn't that make perfect sense?