OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Treble']Really? Wow, I should go check out some of my local FYE stores then.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not sure, but it may just be the stores around my area, so...

Stayed home coughing up a lung. This irritates me greatly. But at least I passed the time by watching the first three Pokemon movies. I really dislike Ash's voice... :animestun

[quote name='chibi-master']Stayed home coughing up a lung. This irritates me greatly. But at least I passed the time by watching the first three Pokemon movies. I really dislike Ash's voice... :animestun[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]If you want to hear Veronica Taylor do some actual decent voice work, check out Slayers. It's a classic and all five seasons are available on FUNimation's website (and probably their Youtube account) for free. The last two seasons aren't dubbed, though. Mostly because they came out about two years ago and the original dub cast is all over the country by now.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]O HAY OB, LONG TIME/NO SEE.

Exciting things have happened in the past few weeks! My phone & laptop both killed themselves, I met boyfriend's parents, my body hates me & is doing crazy/awful things to try to kill me, & school is a-okay.

/update[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I hate congestion.:animestun

I got really worked up watching the first Pokemon movie... In one scene, Ash asked this one trainer how he got to the island so fast. The boy replied, "It was easy! I just flew over on my Pidgeotto!" Uh, WRONG. It was NOT a Pidgeotto the trainer flew over on! It was quite obviously a PIDGEOT! This made me genuinely irritated. Argh... I've got POKEYMANZ on the brain lately... On that note, I love Jessie, James and Meowth's voice actors...

[quote name='AJeh'][size=1]
[b]WHY IS IT SO HARD TO MAKE TOAST?![/B]

Trying my hand at isometric pixel art. My slice of bread looks like cardboard. A little. [/size][/QUOTE]

Show us your toast and I'll show you my flora. Gwaaaan.

[font=helvetica]I think the high-schoolers in the apartment directly above my bedroom are playing DDR. My walls, ceiling, and windows are all shaking.

I don't really want to knock and complain, because they're in high school, it's only 10pm, and it's a Saturday night. . . but darn it all, I am a cranky old spinster and I want some [i]peace and quiet[/i].[/font]

[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]I think the high-schoolers in the apartment directly above my bedroom are playing DDR. My walls, ceiling, and windows are all shaking.

I don't really want to knock and complain, because they're in high school, it's only 10pm, and it's a Saturday night. . . but darn it all, I am a cranky old spinster and I want some [i]peace and quiet[/i].[/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You should just go up there and totally show them up at it. Then maybe you can humiliate them into quieting down without technically being mean about it.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You should just go up there and totally show them up at it. Then maybe you can humiliate them into quieting down without technically being mean about it.[/FONT][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]Ha! I am pretty sure I would not be the one doing the humiliating; it's been a [i]long[/i] time since I've played DDR.

I'm hoping that they'll stop by eleven. Eleven seems like a reasonable time to request quiet.[/font]

[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]Ha! I am pretty sure I would not be the one doing the humiliating; it's been a [i]long[/i] time since I've played DDR.

I'm hoping that they'll stop by eleven. Eleven seems like a reasonable time to request quiet.[/font][/QUOTE]

Psh. I'd have been there at 9:30 and I would not have been nice about it. I have no tact... But yes, eleven is more than resonable. Heck, ten would have been resonable.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm watching the Care Bears movie right now. It's a hell of a nostalgia bomb, since I think the last time I saw it I was 5 or so. A couple of thoughts:

- Holy crap this is legitimately freaky biznazz. Evil spirits, demonic possession, child abduction and even unwarranted revenge. Y'know, for the kids.

- Grumpy's gotta be my favorite Care Bear of the bunch. In a world of sunshine, rainbows and hugs, he dares to be glum. That takes resolve.[/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I was about to ask what you were doing watching [I]Care Bears[/I], until I realized that I think I may have seen the same movie. o_o And that I watched it a lot, despite not being a big Care Bears fan as a kid...[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']Psh. I'd have been there at 9:30 and I would not have been nice about it. I have no tact... But yes, eleven is more than resonable. Heck, ten would have been resonable.[/QUOTE][font=helvetica]Well, curfew isn't until midnight. If the girls upstairs have friends over for a party on a Saturday night (especially on a weekend when I don't work in the morning), I don't want to ruin their fun.

They did end up quieting down before eleven, so everything was good. (I'm not convinced they would have heard my knocking, anyway.)

Regarding Care Bears: they are [i]awesome.[/i] That was some high drama! I also recommend [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Care_Bears_Movie_II:_A_New_Generation][b]Care Bears Movie II[/b][/url], largely because my four-year-old self had a weird, Stockholm-syndrome-esque crush on Mister Darkheart.[/font]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
- Grumpy's gotta be my favorite Care Bear of the bunch. In a world of sunshine, rainbows and hugs, he dares to be glum. That takes resolve.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

.....I actually can't believe that you just made me admire a freaking CARE BEAR.

I defeated my cold-flu-sicky-thing. And now it's coming back not two days after I got over it. What sort of demonic sickness is this?!