OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]I think the high-schoolers in the apartment directly above my bedroom are playing DDR. My walls, ceiling, and windows are all shaking.

I don't really want to knock and complain, because they're in high school, it's only 10pm, and it's a Saturday night. . . but darn it all, I am a cranky old spinster and I want some [i]peace and quiet[/i].[/font][/QUOTE]

For future reference, don't go knocking on their door. If they're above you the solution is to tap your ceiling with a broom. International symbol for "quiet please".

Would they even hear the broom though? Or if they did would they even pay attention to it?

My school had a fire drill today, the classes were very disorganised and everyone was talking, which is strange because at my old school you got in a line with your class and silently stared at the school.

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My daughter likes to plan ahead. She's already packed her suitcase for our holiday in British Columbia. The only catch is that we don't go on holiday til June! Child, get your bear out of that suitcase you don't even have your passport yet![/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I'm going through a Dreamcast rennaissance at the moment. I'm thinking of actually posting about it at OB World (it'd be nice to actually post stuff that isn't just about specific threads, too).[/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=darkred]Go for it. I'd be interested in reading about what people are playing on the Dreamcast. I'm still having a lot of fun on my ps2 seeing how I'm not ready to start buying games for the Xbox 360 just yet. (Even though there are a lot of games I want to play)

I'm on a Fullmetal Alchemist kick right now. I can't stand Ed and Al, but the series is still good.[/size][/color]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I never owned a Dreamcast, sadly. D: I want one, though. However, I do have fond memories of playing the snot out of the Sonic Adventure demo at Sam's Club. <3

Which reminds me, I miss wasting my hours at Wal-Mart or wherever, playing game demos while my parents shopped. I got into soooo many games that way...but nowadays, most demos at stores don't work or don't have any interesting games. >/

You know what I REALLY want, though? A Sega Saturn. Why? [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nights_into_Dreams..."][U]This[/U][/URL]. I've played the Wii sequel with ample knowledge of the first game, but I still wanna play this sooo bad. [Why it's not on the Virtual Console, or even as WiiWare, I have no clue.][/FONT][/SIZE]

my dreamcast was awesome... i would play sonic adventures all day... put my chao in the memory card and play chao adventures in school.

also Time Stalkers was one of the best RPG games i have ever played. It was like blending Final Fantasy with Pokemon.... so awesomeness in a nutshell.

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I never owned a Dreamcast, sadly. D: I want one, though. However, I do have fond memories of playing the snot out of the Sonic Adventure demo at Sam's Club. <3

Which reminds me, I miss wasting my hours at Wal-Mart or wherever, playing game demos while my parents shopped. I got into soooo many games that way...but nowadays, most demos at stores don't work or don't have any interesting games. >/

You know what I REALLY want, though? A Sega Saturn. Why? [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nights_into_Dreams..."][U]This[/U][/URL]. I've played the Wii sequel with ample knowledge of the first game, but I still wanna play this sooo bad. [Why it's not on the Virtual Console, or even as WiiWare, I have no clue.][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]How awesome! You really should get a Dreamcast if you can; it's well worth the investment. There's actually a growing Dreamcast scene out there now (the system has really never died in the eyes of fans).

I have a Saturn lying around somewhere, but I want to get another one. You can buy - relatively cheaply - Japanese Saturns with multi-region switches.

I highly, highly recommend Nights. It's still one of my favourite Saturn games and it's still just as fun as it used to be.

I actually own Christmas Nights, which is even weirder. o_O

(We really need an official Dreamcast thread in the Arcade, I think. I didn't know we had so many eager Dreamcasters on OB ~_^)[/font]

[size=1][color=darkred]I agree with James, Sangome. (I've seen them as low as $45) You should invest in a Dreamcast, although, outside of the Sonic games and probably a few RPG's (and I don't want to give any negative impressions on the console) the Dreamcast were for people into the fighting games.

I think I made it fairly known that I'm a Shenmue fan. I just get a serene feeling everytime I play that game. I just might get another Dreamcast someday because the one I previously owned is messed up along with my game. (My brother don't know how to take care of games, cd's for nothing)

Edit: I still have my Saturn around here somewhere, but the only games I've played on it were Virtua Fighter 2, Virtual Cop 2, Street Fighter Alpha (can't remember if it was 1 or 2) and Fighting Vipers.[/size][/color]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Oh there's a myriad of games I'd like for the Dreamcast. XD The original versions of the Sonic Adventure games [I have/had the GCN ports, but I still wanna play the originals, especially since I gave away Adventure 2], Skies of Arcadia [again, I've played a bit of the GCN port, but I can't find it ANYWHERE...yet I've seen the Dreamcast version in stores before...], Soul Edge/Calibur, Power Stone [played a bit of the arcade version as a youngin'], and I wouldn't mind checking out Shenmue, either.

...heck, I kinda wanna play Sonic Shuffle, too. I heard it's abysmal, but I get the odd feeling I'd like it anyway...[/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]If you visit OB World, I've just made a post along these lines. I really want to get some anime and gaming blogging happening over there.

Dreamcast had a ton of great games, but some are pretty hard to find these days (I guess it's a bit like Saturn in that respect).

I think I'll go ahead and create that DC thread, unless someone else gets to it first. :catgirl:[/font]

[color=#4B0082]I would recommend hunting down the GCN version of Skies of Arcadia rather than the Dreamcast version. From what I've heard, the Dreamcast version has OVER 9000 random battles. The GCN version got rebalanced to have less frequent battles and it still had quite a lot.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I would recommend hunting down the GCN version of Skies of Arcadia rather than the Dreamcast version. From what I've heard, the Dreamcast version has OVER 9000 random battles. The GCN version got rebalanced to have less frequent battles and it still had quite a lot.[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, I had no idea about this. I was thinking of grabbing Skies of Arcadia as well, so that sounds like a better option.

For that matter, if anybody wants Shenmue 2, you probably are better off with the Xbox version. Apparently it's a bit smoother and runs a bit faster, with less pop-up. I also think you start with more items in your inventory (whereas the DC version relies on your old Shemue save game for this).

I don't have an original Xbox though, so I just imported the DC version from the UK. Even the prices for that are still pretty decent I think, given its rarity.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I'm going through a Dreamcast rennaissance at the moment. I'm thinking of actually posting about it at OB World (it'd be nice to actually post stuff that isn't just about specific threads, too).[/font][/QUOTE]
[size=1]OH GOD. For the past month, I've had the strongest urge to break out my N64 and play the hell out of it.

Unfortunately, I sold it a while back. Stupid me figured I'd never use it again, and that I'd gotten over video games.

Yeah, that was before the incredible urge to play Ocarina of Time all over again came back.
Time to lurk craigslist...
:rolleyes:

hahaha[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Sometimes it's great to back to the older consoles and play games in their original format.

Some games I definitely would rather play as downloadables (games like Rez are definitely better in HD). But sometimes I just want to play the original product.

At the moment I've just got the Dreamcast and GameCube set up, but I'm looking to eventually buy one of those all-region Saturns I mentioned. And maybe, just maybe, I'll chase down Panzer Dragoon Saga, which was never released in Australia.[/font]

[size=1][color=darkred]Slight caution on Shenmue 2. If you're into character development and liked Ryo in the first Shenmue, [spoiler]he does a complete 180 and turns into such a naive idiot[/spoiler]. While it didn't turn me off, it could be a little off putting for some.

Daggit, y'all some fast people.[/size][/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Actually I always sort of found Ryo to be a bit dim. Admittedly most of the game involves asking questions of random strangers...but somehow it's still oddly satisfying.

Shenmue seems to cater to a paticular taste though. I definitely wouldn't recommend attempting Shenmue 2 without playing the original, as well.[/font]

I finally got to go to sparring after not being able to go last week due to my lack of lungs. I'm just so...FANTASTICALLY HAPPY...now. In faaact...:animesmil

[QUOTE= James Brown]Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you

Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

{ sax, two licks to bridge }

When I hold you in my arms
I know that I can't do no wrong
and when I hold you in my arms
My love won't do you no harm

and I feel nice, like sugar and spice

{ sax, two licks to bridge }

When I hold you in my arms
I know that I can't do no wrong
and when I hold you in my arms
My love can't do me no harm

and I feel nice, like sugar and spice

Whoa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would
HEY!!
[/QUOTE]

EDIT: I forgot to mention that [B][I]taperson[/I][/B] gave me her inside-out bra disease. I found out in the changing room after sparring. Darn it.

[quote name='chibi-master']I finally got to go to sparring after not being able to go last week due to my lack of lungs. I'm just so...FANTASTICALLY HAPPY...now. In faaact...:animesmil

EDIT: I forgot to mention that [B][I]taperson[/I][/B] gave me her inside-out bra disease. I found out in the changing room after sparring. Darn it.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Your happy, quirky posts are like a disease that spreads... a good disease wherein everyone is tickling an infected persons nose with a feather, so they can sneeze the happiness germs onto the person, thus making them happy.

Anywhozitz, I haven't been posting much lately, and I feel shameful for it... so I will probably be going on a posting spree for the rest of the night before I go to school.

YAY FOR SPREES! :^D[/FONT]