OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

It is waaay below freezing outside, yet there seems to be no snow...:animeangr

I'm tempted to take a warm shower to fight off the cold...

New word learned in latin class: Poculum, meaning cup. But apparently, it means the cups you get out when company's over in order to impress them. Therefore, my teacher has dubbed it, "The Pimp Cup". I love latin class.:catgirl:

A friend of mine sent me an e-card with L on it. And now I have a terrible ache in my stomach begging for sweets... Strawberry shortcake would work wonders right now...

My bangs are doing something weird... I woke up this morning and haven't gotten them to stop curling outward since. I look like a complete goofus...:animedepr So i wore a beanie all day.

I was elated in my last class of the day when I put my cell phone in my pocket and realized that it fit in there! I took it out to see if I had finally reached my goal of obtaining jeans with actual pockets instead of the LIE pockets discussed a little while ago. I did.:catgirl:

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Why am I not surprised by this bit in your signature, chibi-master?

[spoiler]Proud member of the Padded Room Party conspiracy.[/spoiler]

Though seeing that you actually [I]create [/I]new threads, perhaps you're not as committed to it as you'd like others to think you are. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Why am I not surprised by this bit in your signature, chibi-master?

[spoiler]Proud member of the Padded Room Party conspiracy.[/spoiler]

Though seeing that you actually [I]create [/I]new threads, perhaps you're not as committed to it as you'd like others to think you are. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Shy created this thread for topics that aren't in-depth enough for their own thread, yes? If I find a topic I think is suitable for a thread of its own, then I create one. Simple.

[size=1][color=darkred]One thing I don't think I'll ever understand are the Chuck Norris jokes. It's like they came out of nowhere or something. I've seen it from random people on the internet and I've seen it on Attack of the Show (stopped watching that a long time ago) a couple of times. There's gotta be something I'm missing here. Why has he been getting so much flak over the years? I'm assuming it has something to do with Return of the Dragon (Bruce Lee movie)?

Edit: Holy crap. 5 years... I joined back in Oct of 2005. Good God time flies.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=darkred]One thing I don't think I'll ever understand are the Chuck Norris jokes. It's like they came out of nowhere or something. I've seen it from random people on the internet and I've seen it on Attack of the Show (stopped watching that a long time ago) a couple of times. There's gotta be something I'm missing here. Why has he been getting so much flak over the years? I'm assuming it has something to do with Return of the Dragon (Bruce Lee movie)?[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]THANK YOU.

I have never found Chuck Norris jokes funny, like, at all. You're especially right since they came out of literally nowhere; it's kinda baffling to me. o_O

On an unrelated note, I am very giddy and happy right now for the first time in about three weeks. :animesmil Though the butterflies in my stomach have made me not have an appetite...[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Chuck Norris jokes originated mostly from his stint as and on [I]Walker, Texas Ranger[/I], where he basically solved everything with a roundhouse kick to the face at some point in the episode. He became the iconic All-American Badass by virtue of his inexplicable aptitude for thwarting anything and everything, as well as his beard.

And also everyone who tells them knows how absolutely asinine they are, which is why they're funny.

[QUOTE][B]Rules of the Internet[/B]

[I]61. Chuck Norris is the exception to Rule #63. No exceptions or else.

63. There are female versions of all male characters. No exceptions.[/I][/QUOTE][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Chuck Norris jokes originated mostly from his stint as and on [I]Walker, Texas Ranger[/I], where he basically solved everything with a roundhouse kick to the face at some point in the episode. He became the iconic All-American Badass by virtue of his inexplicable aptitude for thwarting anything and everything, as well as his beard.

And also everyone who tells them knows how absolutely asinine they are, which is why they're funny.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=darkred]Really? Funny? Even after that explanation I still don't see what's so funny about them. "shrugs" Guess I lack that funny bone everyone else has.[/size][/color]

i forgot which bow-flex commercial it was, but they have chuck norris represent their product along with a few other celebrities. During his introduction the narrator said "He is praised as a superhero on the Internet, with people stating whenever chuck norris does a push up the world goes down."

its not the best chuck norris joke i have ever been told, but the teller was interesting.

Two more days until the weekend...:animesigh

I'm so warm and comfortable right now! 5 layers of quilts makes for a nice nap!:catgirl:

[quote name='Comedia Jake Johannsen'] And you know women, I mean, they all want to get married in Fairy Land by King Neptune! And we're the hopeless b******* that have to make that happen under a budget![/quote] This made me spit my soda out and all over my lap. Argh.:animedepr

[quote name='Magus][size=1][color=darkred]Really? Funny? Even after that explanation I still don't see what's so funny about them. "shrugs" Guess I lack that funny bone everyone else has.[/size'][/color][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]I wasn't explaining anything. :p Just layin' facts out.

If you're trying to find humor in them you won't. If you demand they prove themselves funny they won't. Just let it be what it is. Let it be pointless silliness. They don't strike your spot, that's cool, but you make a big fuss about it and everyone just looks at ya weird and makes you feel all awkward and you start gettin' defensive like you're supposed to think them funny or somethin', and that ain't the point at all.

And remember. Chuck Norris once visited The Virgin Islands.

They are now just The Islands.

[quote name='chibi-master']A beautiful wonderland of nonsense that is supposedly "killing OtakuBoards".[/quote]
Well sure it is, with [I]that[/I] attitude. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]

Well sure it is, with [I]that[/I] attitude. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Yeah I know... kids these days Sheesh!

In other news my friend's fiance could get bit by a moose and my friend would be more concerned about missing the moose. I think I need new saner friends.[/color][/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]In other news my friend's fiance could get bit by a moose and my friend would be more concerned about missing the moose. I think I need new saner friends.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

Wait... A moose? Can I have one?:confused:

I wanted to get to sleep early, but was distracted by playing Pokemon Leaf Green... Meh, time well spent. I now have a Lickitung!:animesmil

My ears feel so weird after I began wearing those crappy ear buds for my iPod! I'm going back to regular headphones, soon as I buy some! They hurt my ears, and when I take them out of my ears start snapping and feeling weird...