OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My friend Cheydelle thinks that someone needs to create a video game where your sole purpose is to run people over. No missions, no penalties, just running people over.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"][URL="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Carmageddon"][U]Your friend is about thirteen years behind.[/U][/URL][/SIZE][/font]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]TV Tropes has been really fussy for the past couple days. I'm guessing it's either a server problem or they're updating something.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

.....No witty response? COME ON, ACE! I PRETTY MUCH SET THAT ONE UP FOR YOU! I at least expected some sort of idiotic Bidoof quip, but nooo. Don't make me take back my nomination for funniest member, Ace, I have no one else to nominate! :(

Also, well done Allamorph. You win the universe. Or at least you WOULD if it wasn't reserved for the building of a Mega Wal-Mart. But it's the thought that counts. :catgirl:

[quote name='chibi-master'].....No witty response? COME ON, ACE! I PRETTY MUCH SET THAT ONE UP FOR YOU! I at least expected some sort of idiotic Bidoof quip, but nooo. Don't make me take back my nomination for funniest member, Ace, I have no one else to nominate! :([/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Go Hyper Beam a Magikarp.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]What the deuce would I do with the universe? That's a lot of stuff to manage. Do you have any idea how complicated delineating all that responsibility would be? Let alone remembering who had control of what.

I [I]will[/I] take a feifdom of a region large enough to encompass Columbus and greater Chicago, though.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]What the deuce would I do with the universe? That's a lot of stuff to manage. Do you have any idea how complicated delineating all that responsibility would be? Let alone remembering who had control of what.

I [I]will[/I] take a feifdom of a region large enough to encompass Columbus and greater Chicago, though.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

You needn't worry about such things. As I explained earlier, the Mega Wal-Mart is on its way. I'll talk to the bossman about getting you a reserved parking space though. No promises.

[quote name='chibi-master']You needn't worry about such things. As I explained earlier, the Mega Wal-Mart is on its way. I'll talk to the bossman about getting you a reserved parking space though. No promises.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]We have a ghetto-fied [B]Super Wal*Mart [/B]down from where I live. It's in the same plaza as a [B]Family Dollar[/B], a [B]Staples[/B] and an [B]Eckerd[/B]. The randomness comes when I tell you back when I was a kid the parking lot was a mini mall and where the stores are was an itty bitty playground. What can I say? I live in the ghetto-burbs. [/color][/font][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Boyfriend & I made it to three months yesterday! How happy!

In unrelated news (but related because it's still really happy), I went to bed at 6 last night & slept until 11 this morning. Then my 12:30 class was canceled. So I'm in love with the world.

Except for, ew, there's like, skin on my knee peeling. That doesn't even make sense. Weird.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So I decided I wanted some lunch, right? Happens to everyone. The problem is, I need cash. So my dad lends me his debit card and I head down to the local grocery store. Only I find out it wasn't his debit card, it was his credit card, and you can't get cash back from those. Furthermore, they asked me to sign the receipt, which I explained that I cannot do because I'm not the owner of the card. I get called out on this and I'm forced to leave embarrassed.

I go back home and tell dad what happened, and he gives me the right card. I head back to the store and try to complete the transaction this time, wait in line for a good five minutes and get THIS close to checking out when the previous cashier pops up and tells me that since they now know that I'm not using my own card, they simply can't ring me up.

This all took about an hour to achieve absolutely nothing. On the plus side, I'm not hungry anymore. Now I just want to punch things.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So I decided I wanted some lunch, right? Happens to everyone. The problem is, I need cash. So my dad lends me his debit card and I head down to the local grocery store. Only I find out it wasn't his debit card, it was his credit card, and you can't get cash back from those. Furthermore, they asked me to sign the receipt, which I explained that I cannot do because I'm not the owner of the card. I get called out on this and I'm forced to leave embarrassed.

I go back home and tell dad what happened, and he gives me the right card. I head back to the store and try to complete the transaction this time, wait in line for a good five minutes and get THIS close to checking out when the previous cashier pops up and tells me that since they now know that I'm not using my own card, they simply can't ring me up.

This all took about an hour to achieve absolutely nothing. On the plus side, I'm not hungry anymore. Now I just want to punch things.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Reading this made me hungry.

Also, I made some good progress today with the Mr. Maul sketch, though I got nervous at the hands and stopped there for today...

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So I decided I wanted some lunch, right? Happens to everyone. The problem is, I need cash. So my dad lends me his debit card and I head down to the local grocery store. Only I find out it wasn't his debit card, it was his credit card, and you can't get cash back from those. Furthermore, they asked me to sign the receipt, which I explained that I cannot do because I'm not the owner of the card. I get called out on this and I'm forced to leave embarrassed.

This all took about an hour to achieve absolutely nothing. On the plus side, I'm not hungry anymore. Now I just want to punch things.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]They wouldn't have let me do anything like that either unless you have a letter from the card owner saying that you have permission to use it. But most places here would probably have reported you. LOL. [/size]

[quote name='jigglyness'][size=1]They wouldn't have let me do anything like that either unless you have a letter from the card owner saying that you have permission to use it. But most places here would probably have reported you. LOL. [/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, I understand that, the thing that annoys me most about this is the fact that I've done this several times before and there was never an issue. Presumably it's because this was the first time I've ever actually had to confess that it wasn't my card, but I vividly recall one time when I got the stupid thing's PIN number wrong twice, than had to call my dad and ask what the correct PIN was. For some reason, that didn't raise any red flags at all.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]All right, all you stupid people listen to me. Also all you people who get mad when someone says "all you stupid people listen to me" because you're afraid I'm talking about you, you also listen just to be on the safe side.

There is [U]no[/U] [U]such[/U] [U]word[/U] as "alot".

The word is two words. They are:

[CENTER][SIZE="8"][B]A Lot[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Stop being retarded.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]There is [U]no[/U] [U]such[/U] [U]word[/U] as "alot".

Stop being retarded.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
What if they're trying to spell the word "allot"? Then they're still being stupid, just not for the reason you were expecting.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]All right, all you stupid people listen to me. Also all you people who get mad when someone says "all you stupid people listen to me" because you're afraid I'm talking about you, you also listen just to be on the safe side.

There is [U]no[/U] [U]such[/U] [U]word[/U] as "alot".

Stop being retarded.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

This was my favorite English lesson ever last year. Along with the one about high school being two words. And yet some of my teachers write "highschool students" on different things. It drives me nuts and I don't know if I should correct them or not. Teachers don't like it when they're wrong and a student is right.:animedepr