OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Elle Jay' timestamp='1303781835' post='706849']
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/Jeffree_Star_2007.jpg/400px-Jeffree_Star_2007.jpg[/img]

[s][color="#000000"][size="7"][b]waut[/b][/size][/color][/s][color="#000000"][size="7"][b] HAWT[/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]
Fixed.

I have so much Easter candy its ridiculous.... 70% off all Easter stuff just got me loaded for a good six months.
the cheap prices kinda make me want to celibate every holiday a day late. Edited by CaNz

I think it should be legal to strangle your parents for waking you up at 6:30AM to watch your youngest sibling when said sibling has already woken you up once at 2AM for an hour by screaming because she had a bad dream, and you only went to bed at midnight. That sounds fair, right?

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1303869507' post='706881']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]That's easier to do if you cut back on the booze at the Christmas parties.[/font]
[/quote]
Take away all the fun in life why don't yah!
If I need to quit drinking on the holidays to spell accurately its never gonna happen.

[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]So recently I went to Gamestop and bought a few games. The 3rd Birthday, Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3, Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar and Soul Calibur 3. Love The 3rd Birthday so far, and same with HM. Haven't even played SC yet, since I only got it so I can get DMC 1 and 2 for free. And I am stuck on the first boss in DMC. How lame can I get. :| But I looked around on the internet and quite a few people say it was a very hard first boss, so I don't feel as bad. But I lost the motivation to even try to go against that boss again.
And below is my new signature about me talking about the boss. :V *finds it pretty lulzy*[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Stephanie' timestamp='1303901063' post='706891']
I think it should be legal to strangle your parents for waking you up at 6:30AM to watch your youngest sibling when said sibling has already woken you up once at 2AM for an hour by screaming because she had a bad dream, and you only went to bed at midnight. That sounds fair, right?
[/quote]
[font="Tahoma"]
The joys of unwanted parenthood. Wait till it's your own, dear ;)[/font]

[quote name='Elle Jay' timestamp='1303957568' post='706908']
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]So recently I went to Gamestop and bought a few games. The 3rd Birthday, Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3, Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar and Soul Calibur 3. Love The 3rd Birthday so far, and same with HM. Haven't even played SC yet, since I only got it so I can get DMC 1 and 2 for free. And I am stuck on the first boss in DMC. How lame can I get. :| But I looked around on the internet and quite a few people say it was a very hard first boss, so I don't feel as bad. But I lost the motivation to even try to go against that boss again.
And below is my new signature about me talking about the boss. :V *finds it pretty lulzy*[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Good luck with SCIII. The AI reads your button input. There are a few moves on each character type that it's too stupid to know how to parry, though. Just a tip.[/font]

I personally love Soul caliber III, mostly because I think it has the best custom character feature in any game so far. The AI is annoying, but after playing fighting games all my life SC didn't seem too bad. Plus if you want to use the Easy Button, make a character with an "Iron Sword" weapon and just keep pressing left bumper.
Also, that game had one of the longest and most rewarding alternate mode with Chronicles of the Sword. I played through all of it at least 6 times. Most fighting games don't go as far to incorporate RPG and RTS elements into their games. d:

Oh my gosh wow! So. My biology teacher's wife was pregnant. She was due for next Friday, but the baby came early! The teacher had to leave class 4th period and we're all so excited for him! I can't wait to see pictures! He already knows it's a girl and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM GIDDY!

Also, I finally got to use my first-aid kit today. A girl in the changing room hit her head on a locker and was bleeding everywhere! The gym teachers were freaking out because they only had band-aids, so I jumped up and gave them my first-aid kit! Now I need to re-stock it with gloves, gauze and gauze pads.

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1303783655' post='706850']
It was warm and green, unlike New York.

I did. And you are using the vernacular incorrectly, silly. :P
[/quote]

[b]I know. :P Besides Y'all I don't really know much about southern accents. The only 'Deep South' I ever explored was in Florida. xD

At least you got a break from the dark and cold! D:[/b]

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1304023454' post='706919']
Oh my gosh wow! So. My biology teacher's wife was pregnant. She was due for next Friday, but the baby came early! The teacher had to leave class 4th period and we're all so excited for him! I can't wait to see pictures! He already knows it's a girl and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE I AM GIDDY!

Also, I finally got to use my first-aid kit today. A girl in the changing room hit her head on a locker and was bleeding everywhere! The gym teachers were freaking out because they only had band-aids, so I jumped up and gave them my first-aid kit! Now I need to re-stock it with gloves, gauze and gauze pads.
[/quote]

[b]Awwwwwwww <3333 Is all I can say. xD That's so sweet. Speaking of pictures though, did you get any from your trip?

And oh my goodness. O.O Good thing you were there and prepared! D:

And I might go camping this summer, but I'm not sure. ><[/b]

So, I would like to tell you all that I am so bloody thankful for you guys, as a whole. You're part of my other family. I'm a little shaken up by the tornadoes - one nearly touched down on us and I have no shame in saying I was about to cry. We could see the lightening so bright it was like daytime, but we couldn't hear it over the wind. All I can think of is how lucky and blessed I am, especially that [as far as I can tell] all of my family and friends are still alive.

Awww, Steph... I hope you're doing better now. It would pretty much break my delicate little chibi heart if you got hit by a tornado! So don't! *clings to you*

I'm thinking of skipping all my morning classes so that I can go to the AP Psych review sessions before the final exam. =_=

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Tornadoes suck -- scared to death of 'em. We had a funnel cloud spotted near here the other day, and I was an incoherent mess all the while. We got lucky, though.

Glad to hear you're alright. :( We don't need anybody here eaten by tornadoes.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Seems like a lot of people are getting tornado warnings. We had one the other day, but it was nothing major, but a tornado did touch down 20 miles miles away from where I live, but I don't think any [i]major[/i] damage was done. Only damage in this part of the state is a lot of flooding. My town is surrounded by water, and some other towns have water up to the power lines (the power lines that are on lower ground). Yay for us getting out alive. :V[/font][/size][/color]

[quote name='Stephanie' timestamp='1304103462' post='706937']
So, I would like to tell you all that I am so bloody thankful for you guys, as a whole. You're part of my other family. I'm a little shaken up by the tornadoes - one nearly touched down on us and I have no shame in saying I was about to cry. We could see the lightening so bright it was like daytime, but we couldn't hear it over the wind. All I can think of is how lucky and blessed I am, especially that [as far as I can tell] all of my family and friends are still alive.
[/quote]

[b]I'm so glad you're safe, Steph! I was in some bad weather once and we had a tornado warning, but thankfully it never happened. It sure seemed like one was going to hit though. I was so scared.

It sounds like you were in an even worse situation though. I'm so glad you and your family are okay. *Hugs*

I wish all of these tornadoes would just quit. There are so many tornadoes now. ><[/b]

[quote name='Elle Jay' timestamp='1303957568' post='706908']
[/quote]
It's been a long time since I've played DMC1 so I need a refresher. 1st boss is who/what exactly? I want to say a giant spider for some reason. I also seem to recall that if you die 3 times (I think it's 3) you get to play the game on easy. As far as Soul Calibur goes, I lost interest in that series when I got my hands on SC2.

[quote name='Stephanie' timestamp='1304103462' post='706937']
[/quote]
Glad to hear that you're alright. That was the craziest outbreak I've ever heard of. I also fear tornadoes and will freak out if we even have a tornado watch.

Been a little bit since I've last posted in this thread. There's a lot I need to catch up on, mainly the podcasts. My job has made me so tired to the point to where I don't feel like doing a thing when I get home. And now they moved me to the production line starting this coming Monday. Ordinarily one would think this is a good thing, but at the same time I can't say it is because I was suppose to have been let go (I'm a temp), but I was told that they didn't want to get rid of a good worker so I was moved. I was also told that this has happened once before, they had a situation where they got rid of all but 3 temps, so being on the production line might be a saving grace, but like I said this might not be a good thing since I keep hearing that the production manager is a douche and I have quite a mouth, or rather I'm not afraid to say what I mean (I just hold back)

And this heel spur is beating the crap outta me. Edited by Magus

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1304127598' post='706955']
It's been a long time since I've played DMC1 so I need a refresher. 1st boss is who/what exactly? I want to say a giant spider for some reason. I also seem to recall that if you die 3 times (I think it's 3) you get to play the game on easy.
[/quote]
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Yeah, it's a spider/scorpion. And easy mode is what I need. :I[/font][/size][/color]

The AP Psych final exam is tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'm ready! ;^;

And on this day before a very important exam, I am not being allowed to study. Oh, no no no! That would be silly! No, see, there's work to be done on the outside of the house! That is far more important than getting college credit! B[

[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]So I was looking up some old archives of some storms that my area has experienced in the past. We had a windstorm in May of '09. The actual name of it is The May (insert the day) Windstorm. And guess what kind of storm it was? The storm functioned like a hurricane. ._. It came from the East and had a circular motion. It even had an eye. But having this kind of storm in Illinois? o3o The wind gusts went up to 90 mph in my town. And I'm just now looking at all the damage photos from this storm a couple years ago. o_o I hope we don't have another storm like this again this May. We already have a flood though. :V (in some towns, the water is high enough to reach power lines, where the power lines are on lower ground, of course. One town is already being evacuated.)

And edit, I read saw some more information about it, and it was actually being called an Inland Hurricane. And it actually had a name. Oo (and I just found out that that all inland hurricanes are called Derecho? Hunh. Learn something new every day.
AND woops another edit: it didn't come from the East, actually. I got that confused with another storm. But still, pretty powerful storm.[/font][/size][/color] Edited by Elle Jay

All in the space of one day, my grandmother died, I had the stomach flu, my period started, [s]and Osama Bin Laden died.[/s]

I need some damn fluff.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAshi4vdbg"]So yay for adorable puppies and the youtubes that allows me to watch them.[/url]