Gavin Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 [SIZE=1]Based on an off-hand remark between myself and a friend during a conversation today I'm curious how people are going to refer to the coming year, that is to say will you say [B]two thousand and ten[/B],[B] two thousand ten[/B] or [B]twenty-ten[/B], and why ? Personally I fall into the latter camp of twenty ten, simply because it's the fluid to say and most modern sounding by comparison, two thousand and ten, or the shorter two thousand ten are rather a mouthful. Added to that most almost every pronunciation of a year occurring after 2009 up to and possibly including the next millennium use the twenty x form. [/SIZE]
neoswordmaster Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 I'll probably say Oh Ten out of habit. That being said, it isn't wrong. But for the sake of the poll, I'll say Twenty Ten.
The Spectacular Professor Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Twenty-X. I'll be the most hardcore dude at the ball dropping.[/FONT]
Rachmaninoff Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I've already been thinking of it as two thousand ten. So I imagine that will stick, at least for now. [/FONT]
visualkei Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 Twenty ten sounds the catchiest to me. I'm wondering what the graduating kiddos are going to call their classes. Class of "ten"? Before there were class of ninety nine... With the single digits (excluding zero) the "o" was added like in o' one, o' two, etc. So once it gets to double digits again, I wonder if they're going to refer to it as standard numbers.
Nerdsy Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 [color=deeppink]Since I never said anything like "one thousand nintey-nine" regarding the last century, and still say things like "twenty nine" now, I don't think I'll change the habit.[/color]
chibi-master Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 I'm going to say "1 plus 1 plus 1 plus..." until I get to 2010.
pooperson Posted December 29, 2009 Posted December 29, 2009 [SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Twothousandten. I won't speak to anyone who suggests otherwise.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
sakurasuka Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"] Ten. Short and sweet. But I'm sure I will accidentally say oh-ten a few times. It's a habit. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Nony Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 I'll take a page from the Japanese and shorten it to an even further point beyond recognition; something like "twete".
SunfallE Posted December 31, 2009 Posted December 31, 2009 [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Two thousand ten. The [I]and[/I] seems superfluous. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Delta Posted January 2, 2010 Posted January 2, 2010 [SIZE="1"][color=#35425e]^ Very KISS, Allamorph. It's "twenty-ten" for me. On a different note, how will this decade be referred to by our offspring? There was "the 20's", "the 30's" and so forth, but I've never really heard of the 1910-1919 decade as "the 10's".[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Boo Posted January 2, 2010 Posted January 2, 2010 [font=lucida fax]"Twenty ten" sounds extremely awful.[/font]
Raiha Posted January 2, 2010 Posted January 2, 2010 [quote name='Boo'][font=lucida fax]"Twenty ten" sounds extremely awful.[/font][/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]But just think. We can all pretend it's some kind of cool police abbreviation for like some sort of awesome crime. Like... goose juggling.[/FONT][/COLOR]
chibi-master Posted January 3, 2010 Posted January 3, 2010 [quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Like... goose juggling.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE] .......That's a crime? Huh. *puts down geese*
Raiha Posted January 3, 2010 Posted January 3, 2010 [quote name='chibi-master'].......That's a crime? Huh. *puts down geese*[/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]On this one planet, it's the sole form of recreation.[/FONT][/COLOR]
CaNz Posted January 4, 2010 Posted January 4, 2010 I will be calling it twothousand and nine for quite some time.
demon39536 Posted January 5, 2010 Posted January 5, 2010 I think I will be saying two thousand ten out of habit, I alsways said two thousand ___ for 2000-2009 so, I don't think that will change soon. Time seems to be moving really fast lately, today I accidentaly put 09 for the year when writing the date, and I also put that the month was October, which is waayy off. It seems as if you just get used to the new month and it changes doesn't it?
HopscotchEyelid Posted January 6, 2010 Posted January 6, 2010 Out of habit I'll say two thousand ten, but to be consistent I should say twenty ten. Before 2000, it was always nineteen whatever. In 1990, no one said one thousand nine hundred ninety, so I just think in the same way people said nineteen ninety we should say twenty ten.
Horendithas Posted January 6, 2010 Posted January 6, 2010 [FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]Two Thousand Ten. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Sangome Posted January 6, 2010 Posted January 6, 2010 [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Both Two Thousand Ten and Twenty Ten. :whoops:[/SIZE][/FONT]
Sara Posted January 10, 2010 Posted January 10, 2010 [quote name='Indi'][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]Two Thousand Ten. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][font=helvetica]By far the most poetic. I'm with you.[/font]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now