OtakuBoards

Anyone here have Tattoos?

ls_gurl

I have two tattoos, one is on my left shoulder blade, which is a tribute to the dedicated racers and car enthusiasts. The other one is to remind me of home when I start to get home sick, it's a Japanese cherry tree in bloom, and that one is on the right side of my body down my ribs. That one hurt a bit, but at least it is done now.

[color="#2E8B57"]I love that your tattoos have meaning to you and it's not just some silly Tweety Bird or something. Yes, I find Tweety silly. if someone reading this has a Tweety tattoo, my apologies. I have a compass on the top of my left foot. It has meaning on several different levels to me, but I got it to help me find direction in my life. It points off center though as a joke that I am off-kilter and that my moral compass is skewed. On the side of my right foot, I have XIII. I got it to remember the end of the unluckiest year of my life. People ask why I want to remember that, but you can just remember good stuff/times. That dooms you to repeat the bad.
[/color]

[font="Garamond"]I have one tattoo right now (though I'd love to get a few more when money permits :3) and it's on my right wrist. It says 'So it goes.' in typewriter font. It's a line from Kurt Vonnegut's novel, Slaughterhouse V and my personal favourite novel (blame Shinmaru! he made me read it!). Reminds me to keep on going when things get tough and always reminds me of how much I love literature.

UPDATED TO SHARE PICZZ this is right fresh when I got it.

[img]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8153/tattooer.jpg[/img][/font] Edited by Anomaly

[quote name='Anomaly' date='12 July 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1278965936' post='697183']
[font="Garamond"] (though I'd love to get a few more when money permits :3) [/font]
[/quote]
[color="#2E8B57"]We have the same issue! [/color]

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v357/101/99/1161990688/n1161990688_30588252_6206.jpg[/img]

^feet (#'s 2 & 3)

[img]http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs159.snc3/18669_1225260669283_1161990688_31000807_3549837_n.jpg[/img]

^left tummy/hip (#'s 1 & 5)

[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/taperson/Photo245.jpg[/img]

^right side (# 4)

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Revelations 12:11, and let the record state that even if you think some of it looks Japanese it is not. It is Chinese. Translated by a friend, transcribed onto my back by Orly of Humble Beginnings Tattoos. Recommend him, he does amazing lineart.

And yes, it hurt. But only a little. Then it felt good.
[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Impact"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]I'll have to get pictures of mine up here sometime soon, I have to get good pics tho...I want some more fo' sho' I just have to figure out what I want and the meaning behind them and such... It feels good when they are doing it, just not on my ribs so much. I have scar that I want them to cover up, but I don't know if they can tat through it.[/color][/size][/font]

I currently have three tattoos, and working on some more. My very first one was done on my left shoulder, and its and angelic symbol, its very clean cut and looks really good, the next one is a demonic symbol and the guy made it look like it was actually branded into my skin. I still like that one. My third one was done by one of my close friends. It is an guy sitting on his throne, he is half dead and half alive, cut right down the middle where the left side of him is all bones and his leg is snapped off and his side of the throne is old and broken with a little spider hanging off. The other side is the guy when he was in his prime with the death stare and the sword in his hand and on the side of the throne are two dogs, the left dog is skeletal as he he standing out to the side and you only see one side of him. The other dog is looking forward like the guy and has a more great dane look to it, with more muscle build to it. So far, its my favorite.

I have two tattoos on my back that I drew myself. I just wanted a couple little symbols that made me feel a certain way. So I got them. Don't know if I really need anymore, but if I decided I did and had no fear of what future employers would think, I'd probably get an anime girl of some sort on my forearm.