OtakuBoards

Chatroom vs. Chat Client

The Tentacle

I know this was covered in the FAQ but I'm wondering if any of the current membership on OB use the chatroom on The Otaku?  I've finally been registered for a month but I didn't see anyone from OB logged in.    

Do any of you folk have any sort of "unofficial" chat group on MSN or Skype or anything like that or is this a strictly forum-based community?  

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Accounts on OtakuBoards and theOtaku are essentially separate. There are people who mainly came to Chat that come here to the forums and vice-versa. We've had unofficial chatrooms in the past (teh silly circus, famously), but some members feel that theO's Chat has replaced the need for AIM/MSN rooms, though that doesn't necessarily stop anyone from starting up the old tradition.

Once you register for theOtaku and wait 30 days, you'll be able to access the chatroom, by the way.
[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='The Tentacle' date='20 August 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1282338803' post='699663']
Do any of you folk have any sort of "unofficial" chat group on MSN or Skype or anything like that or is this a strictly forum-based community?
[/quote]
i have done chats with a few members; some for RPs, others for business, and some just for a laugh.
plus i six of the members in real life (i live with one) so its not just forum based community for me.... like 95% forums id say...

Hey, if you ever stop in at theO chat (or have an account there, first), maybe I'll see you around. In fact, I'm signed in right now. Here's a sample:

Lyndy05: "Mr Apples: I love your avi."

Fantastic stuff! You'll see a couple of members from this site on there. After some time, you'll notice who the usual suspects are. If you're lucky, the founder will sing songs for you and everyone else in chat.

[color="#006400"][font="Arial"]Some of my fondest memories are from AIM chatrooms with OB members, lol. Particularly January 6, 2002. >_> Back then they were definitely sort of an 'extension' of the forums. A lot of running jokes would come up, and you'd be left on the outside of them if you weren't there. :P

I don't know about this newfangled theO chatroom, and if theO and OB are indeed entirely separate entities (I don't even know what theO is anymore, looks nothing like it used to, lol), it leaves me hesitant to even think about seeing what's up ... on top of the fact that I really don't know most of anyone here anymore, lol.[/font][/color]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Well, like I said, a lot of people from theO have made their way here, so chances are that you've seen posts here made be some of the people that regularly inhabit Chat. And like in the old days, some jokes that come up primarily in the Chatroom have made their way here.

Overall, the new people are a rather fun bunch. They don't bite (save a small few), and we tend to have a good time there. Although, to hear Shy tell it, it's nothing but "a bunch of people linking pictures and laughing". =p
[/color][/font]

I visit chat more than I do here. (Axel Alloy) But, I also tend to talk on MSN in group chats created by other people I know from chat. I was actually wondering how many people from here visit it just the other day. Funny how things work... :P

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I don't think I can add much to this, except to say that it's very handy to use the same username on theO as on OB - especially if you're a chat visitor.

Unfortunately we still can't have unified accounts across all of our sites, which does make things rather difficult at times.[/font]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='Pleiades Rising' date='20 August 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1282363579' post='699677']
Hey, if you ever stop in at theO chat (or have an account there, first), maybe I'll see you around. In fact, I'm signed in right now. Here's a sample:

Lyndy05: "Mr Apples: I love your avi."
[/quote]

Ohay! I was mentioned! x3
But...I am having a hard time remembering when I actually said that. Oo
...Mr Apples...
Oh! Now that I looked up his profile on theO, I think I remember them now. But it feels like that was forever ago. But since the L is capitalized in my name, I know it wasn't too long ago. =P

I mostly lurk in the TheOtaku chatroom from dinner time till late night depending what is going on with life. (Very sporadic and at times I don't pay attention to chat. Several know this)

If you want to chat more personally my info is in my profile. Just tell me who you are when you add/IM me.

• 1 year later...
[font="Century Gothic"] Hey Vegeta1999. this forum is more dedicated towards technical issues. If you're looking for an all purpose place to post, The Lounge is certainly your best bet. The most active thread is [u][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/43503-the-padded-room-party-random-thoughts/"]The Padded Room Party[/url][/u]. Check it out sometime :)[/font]