Ellerby Posted February 11, 2011 Posted February 11, 2011 [color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]Everyone has one. A smiley you use nearly everyday in all sorts of situations. Wether that be in an online game, on the forums or in a text to your friends, you know the smiley I'm talking about. You use it all the time. I was talking to Lyndy and she uses :V quite a lot while I tend to use XD (or alternatively with a lowercase x) a bunch. Then I got to thinking, I bet everyone has that one go to smiley that they love to use and I'd like to know what all of yours are! As for XD I pretty much use it at the end of every other sentence. Anytime I say something I think might be awkward I throw on XD at the end. Or if I think I may offend someone with what I'm saying I'll tack on XD. I also use it in place of "lol" a lot, which is probably a good thing. I think I started using XD way back in 2005 when I was playing FF Online. This guy I met used to spam it to show how happy he was. Like if he found something extremely funny he would say something along the lines of "XDDDDDDDD" which I eventually started doing. I rarely do the extended mouth thing nowadays (instead I'll add the appropriate amount of o's to lol "looooooool") but it still got me started on XD. What about you guys? I know you all have a smilie you use all the time and if I aren't sure what it is then spark of a conversation with someone and it'll come out in the first few lines I guarantee. XD Just to throw out some guesses (and these people will have to confirm whether or not I'm right, and if I am explain why you use it) but I believe Boo uses :( a lot, while Dragon Warrior is more of a :o person. I know Kitty used to use :3 aaall the time and I'm pretty sure Anomaly is more of a =) person. My brother uses 8o) all the time which is too big for my liking but it's unique. xD That being said, as a side question, what REGULAR smile face to you all prefer? Between :) =) =] :] :3 =3 8) and any others you can think of, which do you use? I'm more of a :] person as I like how compact it is and the square smile cracks me up, hehe.[/font][/color]
Lyndy Posted February 11, 2011 Posted February 11, 2011 [font="Times New Roman"][color="#556B2F"][size="3"]Well, you already know that I use :V a lot, but I also tend to use :I a lot as well. I use xD every once in awhile. And here are some other every once in awhile smilies: :3, =] (I just recently started using that one since I didn't really like the =) or :) face), o-o, e_o, =D, =P, Oo, and >( quite a bit. And did I mention I use the :V face a lot? I think that is all of them. :I[/size][/color][/font]
CaNz Posted February 12, 2011 Posted February 12, 2011 (edited) Because of all the chat agents creating emoticons that replace the typed out ones I started using d: and q: instead of the normal :P tongue smiley. Now I just use q: because I like it the best and almost nothing I say in chat should be taken seriously. Edited February 12, 2011 by CaNz
Felix the Cat Posted February 12, 2011 Posted February 12, 2011 (edited) I tend to OCD on using the :P smiley, however, except for that one, I hardly use them. I'm more of a text person, saying "lol" even in the most inappropriate situations (and not even finding something remotely funny), as well as using "...". You might find me SOMETIMES using the :D, D: or ._., though it's usually only in reaction to another person using smileys. Edited February 12, 2011 by Felix the Cat
Shinmaru Posted February 12, 2011 Posted February 12, 2011 I don't use AIM anymore, but I always enjoyed the angry emote (>:O) because it looked funny. I always use the OMG SHOCK emote (:O) whenever possible.
Katana Posted February 12, 2011 Posted February 12, 2011 [size=1][color=royalblue]I'm suddenly flashing back to AP art my senior year of high school and the lecture I gave to my class on internet emotes beyond the :) ... I'm also quite a fan of the XD, as given by the fact that it's held up to the test of time from me. I tend to drop emotes and pick them up depending on the year, but XD (and its varients) have withstood the test of time. So I gotta give it that. I use >> a lot, which used to be >_>, though I'll extend the underscore if needed. And since I use chat clients that enable you to turn off emoticons, I freely use :P or P: and other such things. :V is a good one, but I've almost completely abandoned :B, which I was using quite a lot last year. Though I think my unique favorite is are from Miss Anonymous, where she coined up >8D< as an evil scheming face.[/color][/size]
OMNOMNOMALY Posted February 12, 2011 Posted February 12, 2011 [quote name='White' timestamp='1297462261' post='704874'] [color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"] Just to throw out some guesses (and these people will have to confirm whether or not I'm right, and if I am explain why you use it) but I believe Boo uses :( a lot, while Dragon Warrior is more of a :o person. I know Kitty used to use :3 aaall the time and I'm pretty sure Anomaly is more of a =) person. My brother uses 8o) all the time which is too big for my liking but it's unique. xD That being said, as a side question, what REGULAR smile face to you all prefer? Between :) =) =] :] :3 =3 8) and any others you can think of, which do you use? I'm more of a :] person as I like how compact it is and the square smile cracks me up, hehe.[/font][/color] [/quote] [font="Garamond"]You're pretty right but I've actually started using C: or c: more. I dunno why but I feel like it more accurately represents happiness because its just such an extreme smile. With people who aren't so emoticon savvy, thats when I would stick with =). :3 is good too for my azn friends haha, they don't ask any questions. And of course xD though I am using that one with less regularity now.[/font]
PiroMunkie Posted February 13, 2011 Posted February 13, 2011 [color="#006400"]I used to use :P in lieu of punctuation. Though what kind of emoticons I use these days varies a bit depending on who I'm talking to.[/color]
Desbreko Posted February 13, 2011 Posted February 13, 2011 [color=#4B0082]>¦3 Do not provoke the Des or you are liable to be devoured.[/color]
Korey Posted February 13, 2011 Posted February 13, 2011 [font="Tahoma"]Here's the easy way to tell what kind of mood I'm in :) - extremely frustrated :(- doing the podcast :V- Reacting to a profound statement or idea |3- picking on Kim B) - Picking on Alexa :| - sleepy :P - sarcastic bastard mode (on)[/font]
Sangome Posted February 13, 2011 Posted February 13, 2011 (edited) [color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]To rip off Korey's little glossary there... :D - Happy, or sometimes used to tack on after a silly/joking remark 8D - Gooberishly happy :| or 8| - Annoyed B( or B| - Also annoyed, but also used frequently if I'm being teased .~. - Some strange default face I made, no real meaning :V - Just a face. P: - Likewise. XD - Laughter. Been a fan of this one for awhile. :B - Used to use this one a lot, but had since fallen out of favor. Once in awhile I'll use it. :3 - Rarely use this one anymore, unless it's some super special occasion. >>, >_>, >___> and variations thereof - Usually used to convey me feeling shifty embarrassed about something. If I REALLY wanna up the ante, I turn it into full-fledged blushing, like so >/////> :) or =) - Super mega ultra rare from me, usually used when conveying very genuine, personal emotion. [/font][/color] Edited February 13, 2011 by Sangome
Linkukun Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 ಠ_ರ� - Indeed my good fellow I must say that, without a doubt, this is one of my favorite emotes. I do say it can cause a jolly good time about the chat. - ಠ_ರ�
Boo Posted February 14, 2011 Posted February 14, 2011 [quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1297639792' post='704954'][color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"] :V - Just a face. [/font][/color] [/quote] [size="7"][b]:([/b] [/size] :^D Is hawt.
chibi-master Posted February 15, 2011 Posted February 15, 2011 Mine would have to be either [b]:3[/b] or [b]:D[/b] just because.
Allamorph Posted February 22, 2011 Posted February 22, 2011 [font="Tahoma"][size="4"]â?¢_â?¢[/size][/font] [font="Verdana"]^ ^[/font]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now