OtakuBoards

The Throwaways Backstage

DeLarge

[center][size="6"][b]The Throwaways Backstage[/b][/size][/center]

[size="2"]This is where I will post information about the RP, and answer any questions you might have. I'll start by posting information about the Big Five.

[center][IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/PhilBoothman/ThePatriot.jpg[/IMG]

[b]THE PATRIOT[/b]

The leader of the Big Five. He has a number of powers, including superhuman strength, speed and durability, flight and heat vision. He was sworn protector of American for a number of years, until he realised that he could have anything he wanted, and decided to start taking it for himself, leading to the beginning of the Rebellion. Since then he has committed robbery, murder, arson and rape on numerous occasions, and his most significant act since the beginning of the Rebellion was the complete destruction of the Pentagon by crashing Air Force One into it. It is expected that he will soon take the title of President of the United States by force, at which point he can extend his Rebellion to the rest of the world.

[IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/PhilBoothman/Hydro-Girl.jpg[/IMG]

[b]HYDRO-GIRL[/b]

A young woman with complete power over water and it's natural denizens (fish etc.), including the alternate forms of water (ice, steam). During the original appearance of the Big Five, she seemed like the sweet and sexy member of the group, even featuring on the cover of Playboy. However, since the Rebellion, she has revealed herself as violent and ruthless, using both her looks and her powers to cause chaos. Notably, she has caused massive flash floods across the country, and has on a number of occasions threatened to plunge much of North America into a new Ice Age.

[IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/PhilBoothman/FreightTrain.jpg[/IMG]

[b]FREIGHT TRAIN[/b]

Physically the strongest member of the Big Five, but mentally the most deficient, Freight Train is a human juggernaut. He not only has super strength and durability, but is incredibly fast, meaning once he has started, only he can stop himself. However, he is incredibly stupid, and will constantly put himself in incredible physical danger simply because he doesn't know any better. He also has anger issues, which became known to the public when he punched the head off the Statue of Liberty.

[IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/PhilBoothman/Starlighter-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

[b]STARLIGHTER[/b]

The youngest and most inexperienced member of the Big Five, Starlighter has the ability to fly and control light, creating flashes and beams of light, to the point that he can shoot lasers from any part of his body. He gets his power from the sun, and to a lesser extent the stars, meaning he is significantly less powerful at night. He carved The Patriot's image into Mount Rushmore on The Patriot's orders, but often complains about this act.

[IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/PhilBoothman/Oracle.jpg[/IMG]

[b]ORACLE[/b]

The least combat-active member of the Big Five, Oracle is their master tactician, mostly due to he ability to perceive the future. Her visions tend to come in fragments, and as such the rest of the group usually leave her alone to interpret them. It is said that it was one of her visions that persuaded The Patriot to go rogue, as he feels obliged to follow his 'destiny' as she sees it. Often considered to be insane due to the nature and the frequency of her visions.

[b][u]GEIST INDUSTRIES STAFF[/u][/b]

[IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/PhilBoothman/ZacharyWelsh.jpg[/IMG]

[b]ZACHARY WELSH[/b]

A Geist Executive, and the official liaison to the team. He has access to a large amount of state-of-the-art technology pioneered by Geist, and has no qualms about using it to keep his new team in line. A tough, ruthless man with a twisted sense of humour and some less-than-acceptable personal habits.

[IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/PhilBoothman/CassandraVeidt.jpg[/IMG]

[b]CASSANDRA VEIDT[/b]

A cold, efficient woman, and Geist's best PR consultant. She designed the look and themes of Nation's Pride personally, and went to great lengths to put together the files on each and every one of the team. She has very little sense of humour, and will not tolerate fools.

[IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/PhilBoothman/ElenaAmbrose.jpg[/IMG]

[b]DR. ELENA AMBROSE[/b]

The doctor assigned to Nation's Pride. She is a beautiful and charming woman with a great sense of humour, behind which is a great deal of trauma. She is good friends with Michael McKnight, aka Novus, the pair of them having worked for Geist Industries for a number of years.

[b][u]TEASERS[/u][/b]

What is Jacob Slate's darkest secret?
What are the secrets of the Advanced Biology Division?
What is the mystery that has plagued Oracle for years?
What lies in the Vault at the heart of the [i]Valiant[/i]?
How are the Big Five connected to Geist?
What is 'Project All-Star'?
Why is Welsh so keen for Hydro-Girl to be eliminated?
What is The Patriot's plan, and why does he have a vendetta against Addley?
Who is 'Adam' and what is his connection to Jacob Slate?[/center][/size] Edited by DeLarge

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Just a quick update to let you know I will finish that sign-up soon Phil, I was away all weekend and didn't have internet access but I'll try to get everything and an initial first post up tomorrow morning/afternoon.[/size][/font]

[b]Also, I forgot to mention this but I think later on or pretty soon, depending on how the missons are, Martian will need some sort of way to get around.

She can kick off of things when she's floating, but that's only a one time thing. I was originally thinking of a little rocket booster on a spacesuit but that's out now. So if you have any other ideas how she can get around DeLarge, let me know please. Maybe a self-kinesis power?[/b]

[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Thanks for your queries, everyone, I'll try and answer them as best I can.

Lilt, your position on the team is entirely up to you. I would choose something appropriate to your abilities, so likely something recon-based rather than directly combat-based. As for your movement problem, the Geist-issued uniform doesn't stop you from having rocket boosters. I'm sure the company can put some kind of rocket pack together, like a backpack that has a couple of small rockets on it. Really, it's up to you.

Gavin, that's fine. I'm sure you can find a good way to introduce your character so I'll leave that up to you.

Mage17, there's no real posting order so anyone can post next. I will probably put something up in the next few hours, though, just to keep everything moving.[/font][/size]

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"][quote name='OMNOMNOMALY' timestamp='1311464626' post='708586']
[font="Garamond"]Hey guys, so, uh... where my Throwaways at?

Is it still a free for all posting or do you want all of the team members to do a training post?[/font]
[/quote]
My post will be coming up either tonight or early tomorrow, I just need to finish my Digital Adventure post first.[/font][/color]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'll try and get something done today, unfortunately I seem to have picked up a stomach bug from my brother that's pretty bloody horrible. >_<

Probably be just a short intro-ish post of Mike meeting the rest of the group.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Sorry it took me so long to post, I ended up deciding to have Michael join the team after their current mission (something he himself is not yet aware of), so I'll probably have a post of Welsh telling Michael and then Michael introducing himself to the team afterwards.[/size][/font]

I don't know, Gavin, I invent a hot woman and five minutes later you're all over her!

Everything's going well guys, just make sure to keep posting! We'll be going after the Big Five soon enough, and that's when things will start to get really interesting.

[quote name='DeLarge' timestamp='1312045619' post='708672']
I don't know, Gavin, I invent a hot woman and five minutes later you're all over her!

Everything's going well guys, just make sure to keep posting! We'll be going after the Big Five soon enough, and that's when things will start to get really interesting.
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]should I do another post for the hostages on our floor and end it, or just another one where we find them and then you end it?[/font]

[quote name='DeLarge' timestamp='1312045619' post='708672']I don't know, Gavin, I invent a hot woman and five minutes later you're all over her![/quote]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]
*Shrugs* Never saw you call dibs on her. :suave:

[/size][/font]

[quote name='DeLarge' timestamp='1312059823' post='708678']
Dibs were implied!
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]You see that's the problem with implications, they're so vague and can be easily misunderstood. :smirk: [/size][/font]

Dammit Gavin, your knowledge of the Bro Code is too extensive!

But on a more serious note, I'd like to inform you all of something that is likely to be happening during the course of the RP. As you can imagine, managing an RP with this many participants is fairly tricky, and I'm attempting to keep things going, but I can't do that without everyone's commitment to the RP. As such, while everyone is safe for now, in the near future of the story I will be implementing a 'do-or-die' system.

In a situation such as the one our characters are placed in, casualties are to be expected. To the combined end of maintaining realism in the RP and making sure the team we have are the best we can get, I will begin killing off characters whose players I believe are not 'pulling their weight'. Please be aware that if your character is killed off, it is absolutely nothing personal and I don't want you to take offence. In fact, I will even allow you to write your own final post so you can get closure on the RP. It is merely a way to make sure the RP continues successfully, and those players who are able to post more often are not held back or put off by the lack of participation from others.

I will also be implementing a warning system connected to this: basically, if you are looking like you're having difficulty keeping up, I will send you a PM with a query as to whether you wish to continue your participation. If you respond by telling me you no longer wish to participate, then I will kill off your character at the next appropriate juncture. If you tell me that you wish to continue, I will allow it. However, if you tell me that you wish to continue and then do not, your character will be killed off.

I apologise to all involved if this seems unfair, it was a system I used in one of the very few RPs I actually finished, and it seemed to work well for that, so I thought I'd give it another try.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]I'll be getting a post up tonight, I've been struck with writers block, got a lot of things going on at once for me right now. But I did want to give a fair warning, I'm shipping out for boot camp a lot sooner than expected, the 6th of Sept. So if this isn't finished by than, feel free to do with Riona as you see fit. >.< Sorry for the inconvenience. [/color][/font]

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]I was bored today so I whipped up a logo for the RP. Hope you don't mind, DeLarge. >_< Feel free to use it anywhere you want, or not at all. I made it more as a quick way to see all of our characters in one place.

[center][img]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3300/throwawayslogo.jpg[/img][/center]

I've also got another version which is exactly the same but with all of our characters code names next to each corresponding character.[/font][/color] Edited by Lrb

[b]Knuckles' Girl:[/b] We'll see how things are going by then - we might be done or we might still be going, but your participation thus far is good, keep it up!

[b]Lrb:[/b] That's awesome, I'll definitely be using that!

Also, I've updated the first post with some new information, go check it out!

It sounds like a good system to use, DeLarge. I've been a bit busy as well, but I should have a good post in soon. Dassem took care of both of our characters nicely.

@Lrb: That's really great work. It's one of the best RP banners I've seen so far.

@DeLarge: If it's okay with you, I want to add Martian's rocket boosters when they get back to base. They will be co2 based so they won't move a normal person. However, when she uses her powers she should be able to fly.

And for public relations, she might wear a space helmet when they're introduced to the public if that's okay too.