OtakuBoards

So, i have an idea....(OtakuBoards Day)

Charles

Well, that's a total of four people so far, which is enough as far as I'm concerned.  My username is, coincidentally, my username, so if you want to drop me a message and let me know who you are, I can drag you in when I form the thing.

Unless someone else forms it first.  In which case I suppose it won't matter.

Anyway.

Hi! I was going to hide in the shadows until everything started, but then John had to go and post about David Bowie. How am I supposed to resist that? Unfair.

EDIT: Haha, lord, I forgot about all that junk in my signature. It really has been a while.

Edited by Shinmaru

Okay, so it took some digging but I found backups of the original Otakupedia's as well as what should be a complete database backup. I'll see what I can do about getting it all online and put up a link when it's ready.

Edit:
Seems to be working now: http://www.otakuboards.com/otakupedia/

Gee, I almost forgot about my Jeremiah phase, and there it is immortalized as my entry. Actually, I can't even remember half the names I have allegedly gone by here, haha! 

Still, I got an entry when the likes of ZF Foredaddy, Juuthena and Mnemolth didn't... It makes me feel somewhat more important that I actually am. ^^ 

If you want to bum around on Skype, give Petie or myself a nudge and we'll pull you in.

Also, our sister site TheOtaku.com is having a last-minute copycat reunion chat courtesy of Adam (who likes to do things like that) if you're interested in that, too.  I showed up for a bit yesterday and got to see some old faces I hadn't in a while, but the software seems to be quite out of date and is clunky, so keep that in mind.

I apologise for the late start; I was engrossed in Netflix last night and went to sleep far later than I should have.

Good lord... I think it ended with Nerdy Youths, and that pretty much sums us up. XD  Could it have been something like the Horny Organization of Really Nerdy Youths?

I've been feeling the need to connect anew with this part of my life... seriously, how many thousands of hours did we spend here posting, AIM chatting with other friends, and creating art? When I first started applying to jobs I actually used being a moderator here as leadership experience!

I feel ashamed that the last time I logged in was in 2011 and couldn't even remember my password at first. At the very least I've been able to drop in and say hi to a few of you on Facebook, and do random odd jobs for Adam. ;)

Anyway, consider it marked on the calendar! So down for a reunion. Group chats would probably throw me for a loop at this point, but posting on a forum (which I haven't done since I left here) is something I can and will do! I'm going to bug Shinmaru and OtakuSennen and others on Facebook.

Attached some old school memories.

OBAva-Eva01.jpgModeratorEnishi.jpg

OtakuBoards2003.jpg

GameCrap-ban.jpg

OH MY HELLOOOOO! I think you were right about HORNY. Man, those were the days. I was reading some of the Bikini Bandits a while back. I was partly impressed, and partly embarrassed because I thought I wrote very well ^_^;;.....For the most part it was VERY entertaining. And I found myself missing those bonds!

Hi! I was going to hide in the shadows until everything started, but then John had to go and post about David Bowie. How am I supposed to resist that? Unfair.

EDIT: Haha, lord, I forgot about all that junk in my signature. It really has been a while.

I am just getting here. I have to figure this stuff out all over again, haha.

• 3 years later...
On 1/9/2016 at 11:59 PM, Petie said:

Okay, so it took some digging but I found backups of the original Otakupedia's as well as what should be a complete database backup. I'll see what I can do about getting it all online and put up a link when it's ready.

Edit:
Seems to be working now: http://www.otakuboards.com/otakupedia/

heh, it seems to be down again.. would it be possible to put it back up again ? it seems like an insanely fun read. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I just now saw this. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to get it back online this time. It uses an absurdly out of date version of Wordpress that's no longer compatible with the version of PHP I'm running. I can make a backup and then see if updating it works but no promises.

Edit:
That was easier than expected, seemingly anyway. It's back up at the same URL (and now also in the header!) as before and should be working but let me know if it's not!

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Petie said:

I’m all for another reunion! What’s the plan?

It may be better to plan for September because I could technically give birth at any time now. We can spam the discord server haha. It's just a matter of getting the word out.