Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hiya! I'm new here. Anyway, I've always posted my art/wallpaper on The Otaku, so the prospect of a forum seemed fun to me, and I had an urge to get out of my usual Pokemon forum comfort zone. As my thread title implies, I'm a bit of a Team Rocket fangirl, and I'm also a Slayers addict who can't wait for Revolution and an obsessive DS gamer. Oh, and I like to cosplay. Hopefully these forums will provide me an amusing place in which to kill a few minutes every day... ^_^
Guest miyu2008
Posted
Being welcomed with anyone, really touches my heart. Thank you very much.:animesmil
Posted
Hey, everyone. I'm also new to both the forums and theOtaku page itself. I've not put anything in my gallery yet, though. I'm not certain I know how!

Having been a part of several different art communities, I wanted something with a little more heart. A little more kindness and appreciation for the style of manga and anime that seem to be dumped on in many other places. By searching Google, I found this here!

My anime discovery goes back many years to Voltron, Unico, and others. Even Little Nemo was animated by Japanese and I never knew it until I recently watched the VHS. But I finally learned what it was with the introduction of Ronin Warriors. Every day after school I'd watch Sage, Ryo, Kento, Sai and Rowen battle the warlords and the evil Tulpa. Then Sailor Moon came on early in the morning and stole my heart. My real adventure in anime art started there and hasn't stopped.

Now I read things like Red River, Fruits Basket, Me and My Brothers, Alice 19th, Hana-Kimi, Translucent, Vampire Princess Miyu, Maison Ikkoku, The Demon Ororon, Kare Kano, Kare First Love, S.O.S., Ceres, Cafe Kichijouji de, and so many others that I can't list them all!

I do prefer manga to anime, though. It's much more portable! It's also nice to see where a lot of the tales first began.

And, in case anyone wasn't aware, yakiimo is a roasted Japanese sweet potato. :) My username is the same everywhere on Otaku.

Thank you for your time!
Posted
[quote name='yakiimo']I've not put anything in my gallery yet, though. I'm not certain I know how![/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Ahh, the FAQ should help you out there; and if not, you can always ask [COLOR=DarkRed]SunfallE[/COLOR] about stuff. She's a friendly person.

But! 's fun over here. The trouble is gettin' people to talk now and again, but once you get the hang of that, and don't go tryin' to get too over-serious....

....stirring up [COLOR=DarkRed]Sandy[/COLOR] is entertaining.....[/FONT]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Hi I'm RiaBinx, I can be Riau, Ria, or Binx.
I enjoy writing, reading and drawing
I am in an organization called JOOI, we are one big productive party

For halloween I plan to be L from death note

I like blueberries!

and cats

and

music!



I love anime and manga and I'm open to watch and read new ones!
Posted
[SIZE="1"]Muh name is Jeremy, as you can see. I'm a returning member, formerly known as cancer, and before that I was known as Ares. I've been on OtakuBoards altogether since 2003, but I've left then returned, and so on.

I'm a graphic design student who loves to draw, paint, read, etc. I live in a small town, which sucks. After college I plan on moving near the city for more job opportunities, etc.[/SIZE]
Guest Madarame
Posted
Yo!

My name is Sake [22] and from The Netherlands.
I'm really love anime/manga/video games/doujinshi. I'm carying carries my obsessions to an almost dangerous degree, spending nearly all of my money on manga. Well, I actually saved enough money to also buy food and other living expenses.

Genshiken is my favorite anime serie, and I also consider
Madarame Harunobu [Genshiken] as my personal idol. I look like him too! ^^

Yes, I see myself as a strict otaku after all.

Mah, there are a lot of people who take jabs at the 2-D complex. ^^

Well, so far my introduction.
Guest thereckless
Posted
thereckless here...yup im new to the boards..... hmmm, well i like a bunch of anime if u wanna know more on that subject ask :animeswea. I like to draw and build things.... im currently build a house with my uncle (yeah im in construction its kinda fun once your use to it):animesmil

ummm... yeah i think thats all i got for now:animesigh

well later... for now
Posted
[size=1]Well, let's see I'm Daph and I'm new to the boards. I love all sorts of anime and manga. I'm open to anything to be honest. I absolutely love to roleplay but sadly, I haven't been able to find any good places recently so I thought... why not here? I think that's really it for my introduction... hope it's good enough. ^^[/size]
Posted
Hi :)
My names Rachel and I'm new here. I have an account on theotaku.com and thought why not branch out over here as well and meet some new people :)

I love drawing anime, reading, and walking my doggies :)
I hope to get to know lots of new people!!

~Rachel
Posted
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Welcome everyone! :catgirl: Just wander around OB and I'm sure you'll find something fun to do. If you have any questions, just ask and we'll help you out. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
Wow.. Haven't been here in a while. Anyways, I'm new(again). I lost my pw a while ago and don't remember the e-mail the acct was attached to. Haha. Yay me.

Well whatever. Just thought I'd re-introduce meself.
Posted
hi there mewmewlover55 please to meet you welcome and i also have an accout on theotaku.com as well i love anime can we be friends? i got hooked on anime when i watched sailor moon and i have 2 dogs and 2 cats :catgirl: and the reason that i chose kitsy23409 was that i like foxes
Posted
Ha, the cake is a lie...

I'm EmoSock- not really emo, I just like emo things. ^^ The name also has a bit of a story behind it that don't care to explain a 5th time... T_T
Anyways, my nickname is Kichi, so feel free to call me by that too!
I'm feeling incredibly lazy, so here's a list to get the intro over with.

~Fear of vaccum cleaners
~Don't like things being waved around in my face. It's intimidating...
~My insanity is sometimes contagious
~I'm vulnerable to other's clumsiness. (don't run into a pole right in front of me ok?)
~Don't call me Matt, or I'll kick you... (And yes, there is a story behind that.)
~I'm a girl, but I usually don't let others know this so easily
~[SIZE="1"]The cake is in the closet[/SIZE]
~Proud yaoi fan!! ^^
~RP addict

*giant hand out from the closet and yanks you in*
Sorry, the cake is still a lie. ^^
Posted
And again... welcome everyone. Like Aaryanna said, just look around, you're bound to find something you enjoy. If you have questions just let me or any other moderator know and we'll help you out.
Posted
Hihi I'm RiaBinx
Or Ria
Or Binx

I enjoy writing stories and eventually it will be the death of me.
I hate quiet (I am serious. I have a loud fan in my room and when I go to my only girl friend's house I need to sleep in the boys' room.)
I love the paranormal.
I love Stephen King books.
I like to walk around the block when it gets dark out.
I am tainted by alcohol because I asked what it tasted like.
I love crime channels.
I used to like Inuyasha (anime not him)
But then I watched Blood+ and I watched that for 3 weeks then my mom found out it was rated M, so I had to stop.
Now I watch Death Note every weekend I can.
I am going to take a vacation this sunday.
Yes, most of my friends are guys, because guys aren't as vicious as girls are if you don't call [i]every flipping day[/i].
I am a Kingdom Hearts addict I've already beat the first and second one about 17 times each.
I won't say no to a dare.
I have a fear of guns. ( I personally like swords and knives better)
Posted
[FONT="Tahoma"]Welcome, welcome! :catgirl: OtakuBoards is a fun place so I'm sure you'll like it here. As others have said, just look around since you're bound to find something you'll enjoy.

So you won't say no to a dare RiaBinx? Now I'm curious as to just what type of dares you've had put before you to complete. Hehe. [/FONT]
Posted
You know, we do have a 'New Members' thread here at OB.:animeswea You can find it by clicking on 'The Lounge' and going to the sticky that says 'New Members: Introduce Yourself Here'.:animesmil
Posted
Oops..... Watch out for the n00bs like me. >.<

I just came over from deviantART. And since I'm such a n00b, I'll introduce myself.... with DETAILS!!! : D

I go by Chibi Chan and Namakemono-chan online but everyone calls me Nama or Nama-chan. I like anime and manga, of course, but I prefer to read manga. I frequent Borders and Barnes and Noble. ^_^

I mainly came here to draw and show others what I can do. I hope I can make a few friends, too.

I love Naruto, it's my second great obsession in my lifetime (the first being Pokemon). I draw a lot of fanart of it, although at the moment, I've been focusing more on drawing my OCs. I also like a lot of the major shoujo manga out there.


So yeah.... Watch out fer meh!!! :catgirl:
Posted
[quote name='NamakemonoChan']I like anime and manga, of course, but I prefer to read manga. I frequent Borders and Barnes and Noble. ^_^[/QUOTE]

*hugs you* Welcome, my fellow bookworm/manga lover! (And now fellow OB member!)

Okay, well...I wish you a good time here! We're a little crazy, but try to overlook that...:animeswea By the way, I like your avatar! It's all cute and huggable!(like I said, crazy.) And you might enjoy the Naruto Manga thread we have here...
Posted
Don't worry about it NamakemonoChan, I went ahead and just merged your introduction thread into the main one we have for everyone. Anyway... Welcome to OtakuBoards, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here. If you have questions, just let us know and we'll help you out.
Guest rikusgirl101
Posted
yo new member blah blah blah. im bored and i dont kno where SojiRem is.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...