OtakuBoards

New Members: Introduce Yourselves Here

Charles

[quote name='MaskedRider']Hey, what's up, I'm the Masked Rider. I used to be a member a long long time ago, under a different name. I was kind of an idiot and acted immature quite often. But don't worry, that won't be happening again. Anywho, I'm into tokusatsu, primarily Maked Rider, who I got my username from. I own a Nintendo Wii, and am a huge Sonic fan. As for anime, I love Gundam. I don't have much time for anime, due to work and college. But I hope to enjoy my stay here. I recognize a few older members, including James, Syke, and Adam. Well, that's my intro.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Haha, well it's good to have you back anyway. What username did you have? Maybe I'll remember you. If you remember Syk3 and Adam on here then it must have been a while ago!

Welcome to everyone! :catgirl:

I do like people telling us a bit about themselves, it helps us to decide what to add to the boards. I would personally like to know what people's favourite anime/games are, as well as their favourite hobbies.

So anyone should feel free to include that if they want. ~_^[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Haha, well it's good to have you back anyway. What username did you have? Maybe I'll remember you. If you remember Syk3 and Adam on here then it must have been a while ago!

Welcome to everyone! :catgirl:

I do like people telling us a bit about themselves, it helps us to decide what to add to the boards. I would personally like to know what people's favourite anime/games are, as well as their favourite hobbies.

So anyone should feel free to include that if they want. ~_^[/font][/QUOTE]

I don't believe I've performed the formality of introducing myself here yet, though I have been in the wings for a short while, just wasn't ready to set foot on the stage till recently.

I hail from MyOtaku, of course my username is CosmicSailor, I am a guy for the record, and I've been with MyOtaku since 2003. I was on the boards here a while back, but not very active even then, left over a stupid technical glitch that still affects me and gets under my skin, but I did come back to honor a promise I made, though I'm still not very comfortable posting a whole lot here just yet.

In terms of anime, I fell in love with the whole genre back in 2000 when I first saw Escaflowne on TV. I didn't realize what it was at the time, and it took me a couple years to find the term anime to associate with it, as well as finding other shows and movies that hooked me. Escaflowne, Last Exile, and anything with the Studio Ghibli name on it is tops in my book. I have seen Akira, and Grave of the Fireflies, two of the "must see" classic anime films, liked both of those when I saw them. My list of favorite anime is quite extensive to be honest, I've only really come across one anime I couldn't watch cause I didn't like it, that was Serial Experiments Lain.

I do other things, I write, I'm an artist with wood and pencil, I like to take photos, and I love to experiment with food in the kitchen. I'm also fascinated by cryptozoology (Bigfoot, Mothman, Jersey Devil to name a few) and paranormal phenomenon (hauntings, ESP, etc), and the UFO phenomenon. I also have this freakish habit of collecting information relating to topics that are important to me, or I just find interesting, like recently I went overboard tracking everything I could on the Version Vibrant launch.

I don't talk religion or politics, that's a personal quirk of mine.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Good to see you, Hal. I'm happy you decided to introduce yourself. :catgirl:

I also saw your Version Vibrant page; very impressive! Looks like a good resource for those who wanted to follow the site's development but didn't want to wade through all of the official announcements separately. Great stuff.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Good to see you, Hal. I'm happy you decided to introduce yourself. :catgirl:

I also saw your Version Vibrant page; very impressive! Looks like a good resource for those who wanted to follow the site's development but didn't want to wade through all of the official announcements separately. Great stuff.[/font][/QUOTE]

I knew I forgot something important in my introduction! I forgot to mention that people can either call me Cosmic or Hal. Cosmic being obvious, or Hal being the nickname I use among friends and I sign my art with it too. Either one is fine by me I'm pretty lax about what I'm called by others.

Thank you for saying so about my breakdown, that particular project was born out of necessity to keep others informed, and because like I said before I'm freakish about collecting information on topics of interest. I've actually had more people I didn't know approach me with questions and concerns about Version Vibrant in the past few weeks, probably because I've kept up with all the public information as much as I possibly could. I actually don't mind taking the time to do what I can to help ease someone else's concerns if I can. Thankfully, that will be over soon enough. I guess I left that part out of my introduction too, I like to share information about subjects I'm familiar with. If I can teach one person something about a topic they didn't know before, that makes me feel good about what I do.

People who I remember who I've seen here are James, Syk3, Sky, Adam, and Queen Asuka. Does DragonWarrior still come on here? Oh, my old username was [SPOILER]MaxSonic[/SPOILER]. I was quite the dumbass when I used to come here, but that won't be a problem anymore.

[quote]Hi i'm new here as well. Just checking things out.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Welcome! :animesmil[/font]

[quote]If I can teach one person something about a topic they didn't know before, that makes me feel good about what I do.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think you achieved that. Well done.[/font]

[quote]Oh, my old username was [spoiler]MaxSonic[/spoiler]. I was quite the dumbass when I used to come here, but that won't be a problem anymore.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh! Yeah, I remember that name. I hope you enjoy the place a second time 'round - welcome back![/font]

Guest Sano-chan
hi, i'm new here and ya I like La Corda Doro, Shugo Chara, Absolute boyfriend, Vampire Knight, Prince of tennis, D.Gray-man, bleach and Naruto. I like to draw and listen to music and ya

[quote name='CosmicSailor'] Either one is fine by me I'm pretty lax about what I'm called by others.[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I believe I've said the same thing here somewhere... but anyway, my name is Mikäel, which is pronounced My-Kale, but most people pronounce it Michael, and it got shortened to Mikä, which is My-Kay, but most pronounce Micah. So some people call me Micah. And my middle name is Shain, so most people call me that.
So any of those, or Nin, or Sound Nin, are tolerated.
And also I'd like to say, a lot of people think Sound Nin is Naruto-based. It isn't. I dislike Naruto for the most part. I've been using that name since '03 or so, and I can't remember for the life of me where it came from.

Woah I got distracted.

[/FONT][/COLOR][quote] Hi i'm new here as well. Just checking things out.[/quote][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Can't get more 'to the point' than that.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Hello everyone!! I'm new here (obviously) and I'm currently into anime and stuff. My favoritr band is Dir en grey with Moi dix mois not too far behind. I enjoy horror movies....you know...if you wanna know more about me and possibly be friends (that would be awesome), just PM me, ok? :catgirl:

Guest sasukesgirl998
Oh this place seems very interesting...
Hiya peoples! If you haven't figured out already I'm new here!
I'm really into Naruto and Sasuke's my fav character. :love:

[quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi']Well, I guess this is a new beginning after all. I've been on other forums before, but just left most them in the past few months and hope to stay here instead.[/QUOTE]

hello there i am samuri sheath i saw your post thing on here and i did not know there where others that knew about tales of the abyss i love that game i have played it so much i going on my third or fourth time beating it.:animesmil it is awesome.

now i am irratated at my computer. :animeangr oh well i was hoping that yall would help me navigate the oboards because i am new but also because i hav never been to a forum before.:animesmil i am light . also masked rider i was trying to join your rpg but i cant figure it out it says click on banner to join and i do but then i cant figure out what to do after that.:animesmil well talk more later. got a lot to figure out. how do i get back to theOtaku from here i know how to get to the boards i cant get back?:animecry:

hello i am new to the oboards i have never been to one of these before but i am a quick learner so i will get the hang of it soon enough.:animesmil i am hoping if yall would be willing to help me out with how to navigate the boards. also masked rider i was trying to figure out how
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][INDENT]Next time you need to add something just use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your post instead of double and triple posting. ^_~ ~SunfallE[/INDENT][/FONT][/COLOR]

Hey,

I found this website searhing for good wallpapers and ended up joining the forum as I liked a couple of the threads. Plus, I also like the atmosphere here.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

[FONT="Tahoma"]Oh joy! Introductions... I wonder if they're as much fun online as they are in person... Probably easier since you don't have the same sense of being stared at that one gets in class. God I hate that... And here we go... Hey,[I] no staring![/I]

Anyway, my name is Sabrina... hurray for getting my real name for a user name... I figured it would be taken. Hehe. But yeah that's me.

Basically I'm a college student at the University of Utah and Crystia's roommate... so it's her fault I'm here since she got me started on Lucky Star the other day. And that video... that I can't get out of my head. >_< Good grief.

Uh... I'm really more of a fantasy fan though, Terry Brooks, David Eddings, oh and sci-fi too like Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. Not that anime isn't fun, I just love that kind of stuff the best.

Anyway, nice to meet all of you. Should be fun yes? :catgirl:[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]Welcome to OtakuBoards.

I guess you can blame me as well since I got Crystia hooked on Lucky Star and introduced her to that Caramelldansen video. I admit, I laughed when she told me her roommate saw it and got it stuck in her head too. :catgirl:[/color]

[quote name='Sabrina][FONT="Tahoma"']Uh... I'm really more of a fantasy fan though, Terry Brooks, David Eddings, oh and sci-fi too like Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. Not that anime isn't fun, I just love that kind of stuff the best.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Hurrah for Terry Brooks! (Even if he does feel a little [I]"get-on-with-it"[/I] sometimes.)

So Des is responsible for Lucky Star, and I'm responsible for Nightwish.

I like this game.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aberinkula;808003][COLOR="Navy"]Wow Sabrina, that's you're first post and it looks, well, whoa! Lol, good first post I must say. Welcome to the Otakubaords, I'm Aberinkula (or call me Prem I don't mind) hope you have a great stay![/COLOR][/QUOTE]Thanks! One can never tell with getting started how it's going to go. Hehe.[QUOTE=Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Welcome to OtakuBoards.

I guess you can blame me as well since I got Crystia hooked on Lucky Star and introduced her to that Caramelldansen video. I admit, I laughed when she told me her roommate saw it and got it stuck in her head too. :catgirl:[/color][/QUOTE]Ha! So you must be Dessy! Nice to meet you and thanks! :catgirl: This place looks like fun. Now if I can just get that video out of my head. Somehow, I think I'm out of luck, after all I went to bed last night and that thing was running through my head when I woke up! O_O [quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Hurrah for Terry Brooks! (Even if he does feel a little [I]"get-on-with-it"[/I] sometimes.)

So Des is responsible for Lucky Star, and I'm responsible for Nightwish.

I like this game.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Hmmm and here I would have said, overly descriptive and almost repetitive in his themes with the Shannara series, there's a lot of similarities that keep popping up after all. At least it was laced with common every-day language making it easier to follow.

And yes, it seems you are responsible for Nightwish. *laughs* Not that I mind, it's good stuff. Oh and hello to you too. ^_^[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Hmmm and here I would have said, overly descriptive and almost repetitive in his themes with the Shannara series, there's a lot of similarities that keep popping up after all. At least it was laced with common every-day language making it easier to follow[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Yes, well. I was being nice.[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Anyway, my name is Sabrina... hurray for getting my real name for a user name... I figured it would be taken. Hehe. But yeah that's me.

Basically I'm a college student at the University of Utah and Crystia's roommate... so it's her fault I'm here since she got me started on Lucky Star the other day. And that video... that I can't get out of my head. >_< Good grief. [/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh! So it [I]is [/I]you! Oh this is too fun! And in case you're wondering... this is Darren. :p But seriously, this is too funny, Crystia's dragged you in as well. She's good at that, her and Des. >_>

Though in my case it was Fruits Basket, though Lucky Star is a good one too. And that video... *bangs head on desk* It's slowly killing my brain cells I tell you. Heh.

Anyway, in any case, welcome to the madness, I think you'll enjoy it. :catgirl:

[quote name='Zed']Hey,

I found this website searhing for good wallpapers and ended up joining the forum as I liked a couple of the threads. Plus, I also like the atmosphere here.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Welcome to OB, Zed and Sabrina! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Does this mean we have yet another member of the Utah Crew in our midst? :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='Aceburner'][I]Madness?[/I]

THIS. IS. SP- *shot*

Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, welcome to the jungle. We've got fun and games. Have a good time and Prepare to want to bite off Prem's head repeatedly.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]*Lowers rifle*

Anyway, as Aceburner said before his tragic demise, welcome to OB Sabrina, it can seem to be a bit of a jungle sometimes, although Crys tells me you're finding your way just fine. Have fun, and look forward to seeing you around the boards.[/SIZE]