OtakuBoards

New Members: Introduce Yourselves Here

Charles

I'm new here, decided to join to find some people with similar interests to talk to from time to time. I'm into almost any anime/manga I can get my hands on, and hopefully there will be people on this forum that introduce me to even more types of anime or manga. I'll probably be a regular around here so I hope to get to know most of you.

Guest Kohji25
Hi I'm Kohji, and I just joined about 2 days ago. I had another account before but I forgot both my name and password. ^^; Well I like to draw anime style and I'm really into samurai/ninja anime such as Rurouni Kenshin and Naruto etc. (but I'm NOT a Narutard >.>) I choose my name because Kohji Neko is the name I use on the net and I put 25 because I was born Jan. 25th. ^^ I hope to meet interesting people, not just anime lovers but any kind. If you have any advice for me please share~

Hello everybody. I am Inculta Bellum, or however you would prefer to shorten it. I love most anything that can be read and am trying to write my own webcomic with a friend of mine drawing it. Why Otakuboards? Why not? Seems full of friendly and oppinionated people. I hope to get to now you all better soon!

I'm Onenuttytanuki. My interests are World folklore, cryptozoology, Kaiju, Anime/manga , drawing, writing, and various other things. I currently work as an one on one teacher's aid with student that has Asperger Syndrome.
I've been an otaku since I was in High School, but didn't become fullfledged till College.
I'm currently following the manga series ;With the Light, Tsubasa, xxxHolic, Trigun Maxium, Saiyuki reload, Aoi House, Hellsing, Megatokyo, Emma, Mushi-shi, Gon, Yotsuba!, Coyote Ragtime Show, and countless others.
I'm currently following the Anime series; Mushi-Shi, Hellsing Ultimate, and Tsubasa, and plan on buying Black Blood Brothers, Holic, and Emma when they come out this year.
I have watched 60+ animes series and read just as many mangas.
I have cosplayed in the past and plan on doing it in the future.
I have been to four anime conventions and five Kaiju conventions.
I'll be 25 next month.
I'm a testicular cancer survivor.
I have thought about anime characters that I could dress my lhasa apso as. Mainly becuase I think he could pull off a few off due to his coat pattern looks like a tuxedo.

[QUOTE=onenuttytanuki]I have watched 60+ animes series and read just as many mangas.
I have cosplayed in the past and plan on doing it in the future.
I have been to four anime conventions and five Kaiju conventions.
I'll be 25 next month.
[U]I'm a testicular cancer survivor.[/U]
I have thought about anime characters that I could dress my lhasa apso as. Mainly becuase I think he could pull off a few off due to his coat pattern looks like a tuxedo.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial][CENTER]O_O[/CENTER]

(One of these thing is not like the others.....)

[I]*ahem*[/I] Hiya! Welcome in.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Hi everyone. Shadow at your service. C: Call me DJayy though. ^-^[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]I'm no new member at Otakuboards, just one who hasn't posted since August of o7, and I'm dearly sorry about that. I'm pretty sure I was currently in an RP when I left, and I'm very sorry. I went through a horrible time at that moment, and I had to step away. T-T[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]OKAY! ENOUGH WITH THE BORING FACADE! XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Well I love:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[LIST]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Anime[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Video Games[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Manga[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Televsion (though I only watch the Discovery Channel, National Geographic, or MTV)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Writing stores, especially love ones[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]And reading.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LIST][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]My current obsession is....the Twilight series. C: I'm sorry, but I've fallen in love with the characters, and it makes my standards to high to find a boyfriend now. T-T[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Favorite bands: (Prepare for a list)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[LIST]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen] Panic! At the Disco[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Fall Out Boy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Paramore[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]The All-American Rejects[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]My Chemical Romance[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Tila Tequila[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Adam & Andrew[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Boys Like Girls[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]School Boy Humor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]The Scene Aesthetic[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Flyleaf[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Red Jumpsuit Apparatus[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Sugarcult[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]The Last Goodnight[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]DJ Boyler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Yellowcard[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Gazette[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Phantasmagoria[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Se7eN[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Nightwish[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Yuna Ito[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[*][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Utada Hikaru[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LIST][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Okay I'm done. Lol, I have a feeling I'm boring you. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]Good to see you back. I hope everything is going well now.

And welcome to the other new membes who have signed up recently. As always if you have a question or concern, you can always send a PM my way. I'm more than happy to help.

Otherwise you can use the Information Kiosk to ask a question or read up on other requests/questions we've had. :catgirl:

And you can, of course, use that forum to make your own suggestions if you see any areas where you think we can improve![/font]

Guest chanteusse
:D Hello I'm [B]Chanteusse[/B] a.k.a. [B]Clair Chanteur[/B] in myO. :D

I've been at myO for a little over 3 and a half years now, but 'tis only now that I thought of joining the OB.

I hope to have fun here! ^__^

hey everyone!
im new to both myOtaku and the boards, be nice if some of my posts seem short, until I can at least get a keyboard for my psp browser (hopfully soon!)
anyway, hope to get to know you all better soon, as soon as I finish all that pesky coursework... >_<

[COLOR=#503f86]I'm not new by any stretch of the imagination, but I just wanted to give a quick wave to everyone I know who's still around. And to new(er) people whom I don't know, also. Hello ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]I'm 22 and from the UK, a budding/potential writer/actor although I haven't decided which I want to (try and) pursue to a full-time career. I'm currently focused on writing- I have a fantasy novel in the works currently two-thirds complete on about 55,500 words. I'd love to get it published, but I've not really looked into it properly yet. I'm finding it a very scary experience reading up about how risky the profession can be and all the work that has to be done.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]For the last few years I've been mostly inactive on the 'Boards as I've been heading a small production company with my best friend. Now we're just reaching the end of our last major project together as he's moving to Australia, leaving me to my own devices.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]Anyway, way back when (as can be found in the Otakupedia listings) I wrote an OtakuBoards fanfiction, which is probably my biggest single contribution to the site even though it's long since disappeared into the depths of the Anthology forum. I used to moderate the Yu-Gi-Oh forum (when there was one), and was a Team Leader for a brief spell. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]I'm into anime, and I have a vast collection of anime soundtracks to go with it that serve as my major source of inspiration for my writing. My favourite series is Outlaw Star, but I'm watching One Piece, Naruto Shippuuden and Bleach at the moment. I'm reading the Fruits Basket and Bleach manga as well. I've attended a couple of conventions and would like to go to the next London Expo as Toni Toni Chopper but I doubt I'll have the wherewithal to actually construct a costume. Ultimately, I'd like to get a whole band of One Piece cosplayers together and do some sort of dance routine to the song in Django's Dance Carnival, but that's somewhat unlikely. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]I'm fairly athletic- I enjoy taking my three doggies for walks and do a lot of historical reenactment combat, as well as a fair amount of work for the local theatre including stage combat choreography and workshops. But, I do have a dodgy hip and have started to suffer from bizarre, random palpitations, so the amount I do currently may reduce somewhat depending on my next hospital appointment, heh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]Random facts:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-I have never changed my username, nor my e-mail address.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-I found this font colour myself using a hex code generator some years ago. I feel very protective of it. Although the site's background colour is looking dauntingly similar, now I think about it...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-I have been mistaken for a girl nine times online, twice by the same person in the space of a week (Mitch). In person, I have not yet been mistaken for a girl.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-I am not a furry. Really.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-The RPG I enjoyed most when I was a regular was Sandy's OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#503f86]-Edit: I am very fussy about my own spelling.[/COLOR]
-I sound really prissy in this post >.>; I'm not at all.

[COLOR=#503f86]It's nice to be here again. I'm loving the new skin, by the way. Very old school :p[/COLOR]

Guest ZakuroN
Hello, I'm ZakuroN, I'm an anime-style artist that's into Asian Ball Jointed Dolls, Japanese Rock and going to concerts and conventions! I would say more, but I'm sure I'll be running my mouth a lot in the future! xD

This forum looks cool, I'm really liking the layout and colors! ^_^

Take care dears!

I'm actually surprised at how damn long I've been here. Just about as far back into my life as I can remember. Pretty impressive I daresay.
Since March of 2003. :]
I just wanted to reintroduce myself on the note that this, hopefully, will be the end of my hiatus after hiatus (yes, I know. I use that word FAR too often) pattern for the last... 4 years. :animesigh
I can remember back to the individual forums... DB/Z/GT, Pokémon, Digimon, etc. and I frequented the Dragonball forum because I was obsessed. :D
And I can't even remember for the life of me what the site looked like back then...
I've just been around since I was 11. And I had amazing grammatical skills for an 11 year old. ^^
Hence the name. -.- GoldScorpion78 isn't exactly... well. Yeah.
I haven't gotten around to changing it quite yet, and it's well enough alone.

So... hey everyone! :animesmil

EDIT: Umm... excuse me. May of 2002 I joined, it says. But I don't... wow.

[size=1]Wow, I remember you so well. Especially because I once had the intention of replying to one of your banner requests and already made a folder for it and collected some pictures for it... which I still have on my computer. I don't remember ever finishing the banner/avatar anyhow.

... Anyway! Hi again. :whoops: Stick around![/size]

Guest Maasa-san
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]HI im new i want to know what this site is about.i have an otaku account my user name is Maasa-san.[/COLOR]

[size=1][FONT="Tahoma"]Hey everyone (i always feel silly with introductions lol, but it's rude not to neh?). Femme Fatale here, usually i go by the name Dark Sephiroth on myO, but the name is kinda growing old on me now and my interests since i originally came up with that name (which was about 4yrs back) have changed rather drastically =)

My main interests are; video games, photoshop, cars, roleplaying, anime/manga. Wow, that makes me sound rather boring XD I do have other interests but then i'd be rambling forever.

I'm 19 (going on 20 in early march) and from the UK =D

And OMG, hello [b]chanteusse[/b] :waves:[/size][/font]

I suck at introductions!

Hi, I'm sothis :p someone pointed out a thread to me here so I wandered on over, and decided to sign up and post and such too. Let's see... well, I like anime (duh), love console RPGs, cooking, and coding. I run Anime-Planet, and that takes up the majority of my free time - the rest is usually taken up with a combination of games or TV/movies from blockbuster (currently watching the Sopranos, which I hadn't seen till now).

Top 5 anime include Gungrave, FMA, and Armitage. I'm big into sci fi and intelligent stuff, and good horror (RARE) - not so much shoujo, ecchi, or old school mecha.

Hajimemashite!

[quote name='sothis']I suck at introductions!

Hi, I'm sothis :p someone pointed out a thread to me here so I wandered on over, and decided to sign up and post and such too. Let's see... well, I like anime (duh), love console RPGs, cooking, and coding. I run Anime-Planet, and that takes up the majority of my free time - the rest is usually taken up with a combination of games or TV/movies from blockbuster (currently watching the Sopranos, which I hadn't seen till now).

Top 5 anime include Gungrave, FMA, and Armitage. I'm big into sci fi and intelligent stuff, and good horror (RARE) - not so much shoujo, ecchi, or old school mecha.

Hajimemashite![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]O_O it's like a celebrity coming to your hometown. *feels honored by your presence*[/COLOR]

I just got in (and out), so I'm saying whats up. My preferences in anime are many and varied. I enjoy manga as well. Also Drum n bass though haven't spun or been to any parties in forever. But seeing how I'm a member of free society again that shoud change soon! Any how glad to be aboard!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone. The name's Tim, and I'm a 25 yr old guy currently living in Northern California. (Though I'll be moving to Baltimore, MD in two months. Adventure!)

I'm a pretty big anime fan, as well as console RPGs. I sometimes even have been known to play MTG, so I think I'm eligible for otaku status. :)

This is my little saved bio I use for most stuff:

[QUOTE]
Blurb:
Tim is a web coder; it's what he does. Grabbing info to and from SQL
databases and displaying it in a web application is his most favorite
thing. He loves hitting a problem in coding that requires a minimum of
1.6hrs of reading PHP online documentation to resolve. Tim enjoys
making web applications that make peoples lives easier, or that help
them in some way; it brings him happiness. He would love nothing more
than to be designing web applications full-time, with a group of people
equally passionate about their work.

Interests:
-web application development, obviously!
-History, specifically Scandinavian lore, the Dark Ages, and the Age of
Discovery
-Writing fiction
-Non-profit organizations
-New Urbanism
-Reading as much as possible
-Violin
-Game Development, Space 4X Genre (Master of Orion)
-Ramen. Seriously.
[/QUOTE]

Look forward to getting to know everyone here!