OtakuBoards

New Members: Introduce Yourselves Here

Charles

[quote name='XxWigglesxX']I love to talk and i love anime, so i thought this would be a fun place to be :)[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Oh, it is. Trust me. I'm not too sure how many bubbly people there are (Sandy comes to mind...), but as long as you don't let the general reticence bother you, this is a nice place to be.

...or you could pester the PM boxes of random people. That's always fun. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='kitsora']Hey i'm new to the Otaku Boards but i'm an animeniac and if any one luaghs at animeniac their so dead got that.:animeangr[/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]Never has the English language been so expertly and most precisely butchered.

Welcome aboard, [B]kitsora[/B]![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hey, I'm Sanshouuo and I'm an Otaku as of Monday-when I found out such a thing existed...but I've loved anime since last year.

Anyway I really suck at being new, so I'll try not to make a total and complete idiot out of myself this time.

Oh! And I'm really bad with rules, on account of I don't read them, sorry! TT_TT

But yeah, that's about it...

[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I've been here a while but I'd like to introduce myself to the OB.

I love to do ceramics, photo, and I'm even typing story. I love to type. Too bad that school gets in the way. :animecry:

But I'm happy any chance I get to be here on the OB. :animesmil[/FONT][/COLOR]

I suppose I might as well introduce myself, although I'm sure a fair amount of individuals know me.

My name is Matt, although when I first signed up I was Doublehex. I'm originally from Boston...well, no, that's not really true. I actually came from [I]Norwood[/I], which is a half hour away from Boston.

Anyways, I moved from Boston to North Carolina my Junior Year, and it was actually Kevin who got me into anime and, consequently, OtakuBoards. Despite the fact that, at the time, I wasn't into anime, I decided to join. Well, once I released [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54539&highlight=Citius+Altius+Fortius"][B]Citius Altius Fortius[/B][/URL], its fair to say that I was here for good.

I currently attending a community college so I can get my grades up high enough so I can attend a college with good journalism coursed. I have my eyes set on University of North Carolina Greensboro and Chapel Hill.

As for my interests, I am an avid writer. I am working on a novel, inspired by Naruto, Japanese mythos, and western fantasy in particular. I'm also interested in psychology and religious mysticism, for some reason or another. I blame Neon Geneis Evangelion.

For entertainment, I can usually be found playing video games, watching TV, or browsing the internet.

Guest LanaSky
Hi, my name is Meghan, and I am from Iwaku, and I love rping. I have been doing it since about 8th grade and into High School, community college, and now. I started out just being apart of a lot messageboards, some had rping, but not all. That was reduced to being a member of Rpgchat and Iwaku. I don't really go out much but there is always the occasional going out to the movies with my sister and our friends. Since my oldest sister Aimee's wedding, I have been trying to execrise more by going to curves and running outside. Now that it's fall I have been watching Smallville, I was psyched for the the new season to begin. I am also watching this show called the Reaper which isn't too bad. I am awaiting for the return of One Tree Hill. I watch a lot of different kinds of movies. I have been working on a list of movies with actors/actresses from tv shows like Smallville, One Tree Hill, Giilmore Girls, etc. It's been interesting. For this place I am actually working on a character for Matt's story The Dragon?s Wail. I have it nearly finished, but I have few things to fix. And plus I have to now hand off the computer to my dad then my brother John and then my youngest sister Lizzie. Talk to you guys later. ;)

[quote name='Matt']Anyways, I moved from Boston to North Carolina my Junior Year, and it was actually Kevin who got me into anime and, consequently, OtakuBoards.[/QUOTE]
[color=#9933ff]Is it bad that when someone says Kevin, I think of RickHunter? What OB member are [b]you[/b] speaking of, with the name Kevin?[/color]

[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]Is it bad that when someone says Kevin, I think of RickHunter? What OB member are [b]you[/b] speaking of, with the name Kevin?[/color][/QUOTE]

The Kevin that introduced himself back a page. I would of thought people would put two and two together.

well, hey. new here... last time I was a regular on a messg. board it was the Lost board on abc.com. stopped watching that show a long time ago, so then it was pretty much pointless to keep posting there. I'm not going to lose interest in anime any time soon tho, so hopefully I'll have a good run on these boards. :animesmil
my other interests include animals and writing- working on a book right now. my favorite tv shows r Inuyasha and The X-Files. favorite movies r The Matrix and Dead Poets Society. why on earth is this starting to sound like a personal ad...? :rolleyes: I'll stop now b4 ppl start getting sick...
-neko Misty :catgirl:

Whats good peoples. Man, it's been a looooong time since I've posted on this board. But hey, its good to be back. Anyway, allow me to introduce/reintroduce myself. My name is Willie. You peeps may remember me on this board being known as Jinzouningen17. Used to be one of the Dragonball forums moderators. Yeah, you know its been a while now. LOL But yeah, I decided to pretty much do away with my J-17 name and use my most used message board name, ImmortalGuru.

Anyway, I've been away for a while, but now that I have a little bit more time, and have fully gotten back into anime, I'll be able to come on here and chat more often. ^_^ Anyway, glad to be back and I hope everyone will welcome me back.

Hope to see all my old peeps up in here too like TransticNerve, Solo, and the rest of the old school friends. Well, I'll holla. Peace!

[quote name='Wacko']Uh, hi. I'm Wacko, I'm into drawing, random stuff and ALOT of pointless sleep! and oddly, making thing explode and/or catch fire. :modrod::blowup::flush::bash:

Like I said; Random.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Much as I like [B]System of a Down[/B], your sig is too damn long >_> Anyway, I'd be careful with that first smiley, since you never know when it's gunna be a personal experience XD catching ire is fun, though. Unless it's my hair >_> (this has happened)[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Much as I like [B]System of a Down[/B], your sig is too damn long >_> Anyway, I'd be careful with that first smiley, since you never know when it's gunna be a personal experience XD catching ire is fun, though. Unless it's my hair >_> (this has happened)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh. Ok, I'll rememberthat! ^^

[quote name='Wacko']Oh. Ok, I'll rememberthat! ^^[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Much as I admire your eagerness to take advice, please take anything [COLOR="DarkRed"]DB[/COLOR] says with a decent grain of salt. He likes frilling with people's heads....among other things.

(And you probably won't want to anything you see [I]me[/I] say from here on out too seriously, either. If I say much of anything, it's usually picking fun at something in some way or another.)

(I also like to pick on [COLOR="DarkRed"]DB[/COLOR].)

(Fo realz.)[/FONT]

[quote name='Lethargy'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]First[/B].

I am a new member. My interests include [B]art[/B], [B]counter-culture[/B], and the occasional [B]recreational drug use[/B].

I also enjoy [B]long walks on the beach[/B], [B]candlelit dinners[/B], and [B]donkey shows[/B].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

So, in the spirit of getting to know you better. Just pot? Other psychadelics, too?? Or do you mess with the rough stuff? I've been somewhat of a pothead for about a year now. I've tried salvia and DXM, both of which were pretty fun. Though, I've stopped with the DXM use, it just seems...unnatural or something. :P I'm planning on trying Shrooms and DMT eventually, but I've yet to get the opportunity.

Anyway, since the userbase has almost completely changed while I've been away, and I've changed too, I figure I should tell a little about myself. I've been around OB for a while, this account goes back to 03, but I first joined when I was in the 7th grade. I've had a million namechanges and whatnot but "Cyko" and "Shroom" are probably the names I stuck with the longest. Now, I'm a freshman in community college, work full time and Burger King, and still have no real aspirations for the future.

Basically I came back (well, I've been lurking for a while now) because I started watching anime again (Claymore and Paranoia Agent) and I just got nostalgic for this place. I missed it. Seems lame, but way back when this place was a pretty big part of my life, as big as as website can be anyway. So, I'm back. :animesmil

[quote name='gabrielzero']I haven't thought about anime in ages. I hope I can become part of the community.[/quote]
[font=Arial]I don't see why not. We pretty much run the gamut around here as far as anime literacy is concerned; and besides, anime isn't the only focus. (Unless I'm just clueless, which might be the case. :p )

So yeah, hi!

-A[/font]

HEY!

I'm new to the forums and site :D

A bit about me :
I'm a teen male
I like to listen to Metal and Rock. And occasionally Aussie Hip-Hop.
I'm from Perth in Australia
I play electric guitar
I used to make websites as a hobby but haven't done so in a while ^^
My favourite band at the moment would probably be Metallica :D
My favourite anime at the moment would definitely be FMA

If you would like to know anything else about me, just gimme a shout :D

- Marty (that's my real name)

[quote name='mart3h']HEY!

I'm new to the forums and site :D

A bit about me :
I'm a teen male
I like to listen to Metal and Rock. And occasionally Aussie Hip-Hop.
I'm from Perth in Australia
I play electric guitar
I used to make websites as a hobby but haven't done so in a while ^^
My favourite band at the moment would probably be Metallica :D
My favourite anime at the moment would definitely be FMA

If you would like to know anything else about me, just gimme a shout :D

- Marty (that's my real name)[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]You had me at 'aussie hip-hop' but dropped me on the last 2 :animesigh anyway, my only suggestion for having a great life on OB (and, really, a great life altogether) is to follow my reccommendations. You will always be glad you did![/COLOR]