OtakuBoards

BLAST from the PAST (Internet Archive)

Manick

I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but there is a service called the "Internet Wayback Machine".

It is at [URL]http://web.archive.org[/URL]

I thought it was pretty interesting looking at what otakuboards looked like in June 2001 ;)

Wow, I'm looking at Games and Stories and seeing the titles of some of my old RPGs! Hey Flash! Check this out!

[url]http://web.archive.org/web/20010502193629/www.otakuboards.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=2[/url]

Take a looky at what RPG's at the top!! :D :D :D

Ooooh...My old Future Warriors RPG! My first ever RPG...:love: This brings back memories! :cross:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Ahh yes. Back when we had 1000000 Administrators...

*sigh* Forever Omnipotent...I'll never forget. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

And mods that didn't do their job lol

I think Seph was the first to start the "mod doing their job" revolution.... I joined him :)

Cooooooooooooooo.................So that's what OB v2 looked like.....(A Ubb.......Yuck. I hate those......O_o;;;..) Well, tha's coo. Say, do you have to enter the site into the arcive or is it just....there? If so, I can go look at JVF again! :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i]
[B]Uhhh...Forgive me for asking, but what does "Omnipotent" mean? I'm a little brain dead right now...(didn't get much sleep) [/B][/QUOTE]

Omnipotent means almighty

SuperSayian

The Achive "bot" crawls the web every couple of days (maybe every couple of hours) and basically searches every domain in the domain index in the internets root servers. You do not have to submit your site. It is automatically there.

It is based off of an array of computers that already have 100+ Terabytes of archive data.

It is interesting, for instance... say you wanted to see what microsoft.com or 3dfx.com used to look like... ;)

[SIZE=1][color=indigo]Ahhh, just like I remember it :) That's neat. But ya, I would like to see [b]v1[/b]!!! Perhaps find [b]Topaz[/b] on there! Oooooooooo fun! :)

[b][edit][/b]The URL to v1 is [url]www.theotaku.com/forums.shtml[/url] YOU CAN SEE [b][i]OLD SCHOOL[/i][/b] OB!! Back in December of 2000!! Back before we were even members Nerdsy! Crikey does it look sooooooooo much different than what I knew it as :wow:

[b][edit again][/b] ..::goes later on in OB history::.. Oooo! There she is!! [b]TOPAZ[/b]!!!! Woohoo! GO HER!! Lol, wow, good times.. good times :)[/SIZE][/color]

Wow! I went back to v1 with me and SSJGoten fighting. Now that I read it again it's hilarious! If I did something like that again I'd get banned in a few minutes instead of not at all. How lucky I am that it was back then. Eh I wish I had as many posts as I used to on v2. I want my custom avatar back!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][color=indigo]Ahhh, just like I remember it :) That's neat. But ya, I would like to see [b]v1[/b]!!! Perhaps find [b]Topaz[/b] on there! Oooooooooo fun! :)

[b][edit][/b]The URL to v1 is [url]www.theotaku.com/forums.shtml[/url] YOU CAN SEE [b][i]OLD SCHOOL[/i][/b] OB!! Back in December of 2000!! Back before we were even members Nerdsy! Crikey does it look sooooooooo much different than what I knew it as :wow:
[/SIZE][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple].... Pink? Okay, of all the existing colors in the universe, that was the one I expected to find the least.

This is the single greatest discovery in mankind's history. Except for all the other stuff, of course...

I only wish I could actually read the posts...[/COLOR]

Oh...My...God...:wow: M-M-My first RPG...The very start...And the start of DB:BF too...*Tear comes to eye* This is amazing...:love:

HOLY FU** I'M READING MY OLD RPG!!! :eek:

[QUOTE]"dbzman: ok well, now lady, i'm freaked out. i hope you are happy. "[/QUOTE]

:laugh:

[QUOTE]dbzman: hmmmm...i dunno, how about go f**k yourself!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

:laugh:

I love this! And Flash? Theres something here I think you should look at...:smirk:

[url]http://web.archive.org/web/20010417122338/www.theotaku.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000067.html[/url]

PROOF! I WAS THE FIRST TO JOIN! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

And Warlock, remember your old siggy? :cross:

[QUOTE]My power is unamaginable.
You do not stand a CHANCE against me.
For I am Warlock[/QUOTE]

:laugh: This brings back SOOO many memories!

[QUOTE]1.) Don't Be a SuperCrabfrog
2.) You Can't learn Kaio-Ken or Spirit Bomb normally. You MUST die and go to King Kais first. Sorry.
3.) No Cheezewhizing[/QUOTE]

What do those mean? Coz page 2 isnt avaliable!

Hey Piro!! Check this out!

[QUOTE]pyrodragon13
Insane Poster

From:in the burning flames of my own insanity, i enjoy it too, burning stuff is fun

Nice Location! :D

My gawd, I luv this place!!!!!

MY OLD PROFILE!!!

[url]http://web.archive.org/web/20010417024037/www.theotaku.com/cgi-bin/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=Dragonballzman[/url]

HOLY HELL I THOUGHT I REGISTERED ON THE 15TH JANUARY 2001 BUT IT WAS ACUALLY THE 6TH!!! :eek:

[COLOR=indigo]*tear comes to eyes*

I can't belive.... that was when i was Trunks, the Mod of Dragonball Z.

You can see everything...

I'm bookmarking....

check this

[url]http://web.archive.org/web/20010502002135/www.otakuboards.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00001082[/url]

'tis me!

So i registered the 22nd of sug. not the 21st......[/COLOR]

Dbzman, due to my extremely great memory, I remember that SuperCrabfrog and Cheezewhizing are slang meanings of making yourself all powerful, imortal, stuff like that.

And I still remember the first fight in DBBF Dbzman. You, verses me. No real surprise that I won, eh? :D

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I remember back then, the time in which In which I was a mere fan and not a member of theOtaku staff wondering if I should even bother asking Adam if I could help out! Damn how things change and now look I'm the anime movie reviewer and a staff member:D

Just goes to show you trying will get you somewhere, well thats enough positive reenforcement for one day! :)