Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!


Recommended Posts

Guest Gendou
Posted
[COLOR=green]Ok, I don't know if these have been listed or not, I am not going to read this whole thread.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]The Soul Taker (slightly rare)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Armitage[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Strawberry Eggs (I can't remember the whole name)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Hellsing[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]GoldenBoy[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Silent Mobius[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]X (not the movie, there is a series now)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Real Bout High School[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Berserk: War Cry[/COLOR] [COLOR=green]Cosmo Warrior Zero[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]For right now, that is all. But I will be back with some more soon[/COLOR]
:)
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I just bought Beserk: War Cry yesterday. I recomend it to just about everybody. Except for people who throw up easy. Lets just say that it is graphic.
Posted
Well I don't think Akira or Soul Taker are rare... they are easily found at Best Buy anytime I go. Same with Armitage.

Goldenboy is a great show, and can be somewhat hard to find. I was at FYE, and they stuck it in with the Hentai they had...so maybe people are lookin in the wrong places. It certainly isn't hentai, even though it has sexual themes and a small amount of nudity.

Two other anime that I like are Junk Boy and Nadia. Nadia is found most anywhere, but I swear no one has seen it. It's one of my favorite stories. The more I watch it, the more I think Disney stole the idea of Atlantis from it. Junk Boy is incredibly funny, but is only on tape...if you can even find it.

I also like Boogiepop Phantom. It's pretty morbid and bizarre, but I love it anyway.

I keep seeing this other anime around too...called Black Heaven. Has anyone seen that? I'm not sure if it's worth pickin up.
Posted
try these--

gene fusion

harlem beat(it's translated, but not many people talk about it)

boobgiepop phantom

cinderella

hop you enjoy! and read the quotes below!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]try these--

gene fusion

harlem beat(it's translated, but not many people talk about it)

boobgiepop phantom

cinderella

hop you enjoy! and read the quotes below! [/B][/QUOTE]
Harlem Beat? I don't recomend that to anyone, stay away from it. :p But about every anime I know has been previously listed, sorry about that. The Skull Man is a pretty good manga. *shrugs*

:toothy:
Posted
I would recommend [i]The Violinist of Hameln[/i] to those interested in expanding their musical horizons as well. ^^
Posted
I'm going to repost here...

-Fruits Basket
-RG/SK Utena(Although it's grown popular recently)
-Azumanga Diaoh
-Wedding Peach
-Angelic Layer
-Fake
-Gravitation
-Magic Users Club
- Angel Links(Some Outlaw Star spin-off)
-Angel Santuary
-DNA2
-Soul Taker
-Hikaru No Go
-Rayearth(Not clamps Rayearth)
-Hellsing
-Fake
-Geo Breeders

I know theres a lot more...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i]
[B]theres another Rayearth??
why haven't I heard of it???? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's a really bad OVA(published by the Manga company), it's completley different, the villain is Eagle Vision! They don't even go to Cephiro...and Cleph looks older.It's more like an X thing where the Cephrions are trying to destroy Tokyo.

Heres some pictures-

[URL=http://216.40.225.63/apc/rayearth/mkr014.jpg] Hikaru[/URL]
[URL=http://216.40.225.63/apc/rayearth/mkr015.jpg]Umi[/URL]
[URL=http://216.40.225.63/apc/rayearth/mkr016.jpg]Fuu[/URL]
Posted
But isn't that the same Rayearth that CLAMP made?

I think it's one of those alternate realities OAV. They really don't have any connection with the series but still utilizes the same characters.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Def_Kun [/i]
[B]But isn't that the same Rayearth that CLAMP made?

I think it's one of those alternate realities OAV. They really don't have any connection with the series but still utilizes the same characters. [/B][/QUOTE]
It has the same charactors...but most of the cephirons are evil in the Manga version :( ,the only thing that's better is the animation.
Guest Setsuna Muto
Posted
I think a rare anime would be Angel Sanctuary
Posted
Yeah, AS is rare, I think. But it's really because the manga wasn't released. I mean, the anime is really just an OVA. The manga was where the real series is, and if that wasn't released, there's really nothing but an anime grabber that was suppose to lead to the manga.
Posted
YAY! ANGEL SANCTUARY!! *Runs around happily* I want the manga though...

oh, how bout

paradise kiss, mars (anime i mean, manga is common), Kare Kano....
Posted
Other animes that aren't well known-

-Princess Rouge
-Angel Witch
-Saint Tale
-Boogie- Pop Phantom
-B*****!
-Lain(havn't met any one except my sister whoes seen it)
-His and her Circumstances
-Nadesico
-I Me My Strawberry Eggs!
-Dual!
-The Irresponsible Capton Tylor
Posted
It's so sad that so few people have seen Lain. It's easily one of the better anime series I've seen, and a lot more intelligent. Oh well.

And I don't remember if I, or anyone else, said this... but Roujin Z is also worth seeing. It's from the writer of the Akira manga I believe.
Posted
My favourite animes always turn out to be the least popular ones, oh well.... here's a taste for ya.

[I]My Neighborough Totoro[/I]
[I]Princess Monoke[/I]
[I]Dominion Tank Police[/I]
[I]Venus Wars[/I]

Yes siree, those are the best animes known to me, I recommend "My Neighborough Totoro", it's really cute and funny.
Guest Werewolf
Posted
Hey, if anyone here need a list of animes, i suggest u go to this site: [url]http://www.tapanime.com/info/info.html[/url]

also, the site has some great items for any anime lover
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]It's so sad that so few people have seen Lain. It's easily one of the better anime series I've seen, and a lot more intelligent. Oh well. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm planning on seeing Lain in a couple days...hop[efully I won't get to confused.:confused:
Posted
here's a good site if you want to see pics of anime- [url]http://www.anipike.com[/url] . But I'll warn you now. you have to watch out on that site. My friend kool aid13 told me that there's some stuff on there that could do harm to your computer.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Utena_Tenjou [/i]
[B]

I'm planning on seeing Lain in a couple days...hop[efully I won't get to confused.:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red]Trust me you will get utterly and completly confused. I know I did, and I usually understand deep animes. You won't be confused the whole time, but I am sure you will have to watch the series at least twice to completly understand everything. It is a good series though. I don't know why some people hate it so much...[/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...