OtakuBoards

Siege of the Necromancer [RPG]

Phantom

[color=teal][i]A wave of nausea hit Cerdian. He felt himself being torn apart again, the good within himself overcoming. In a flash of light, the demonic Hunter separated from Nilothakir. Nilothakir's strength had been worn, but he stood up, his eyes glowing with evil. Mara had done enough to stem the flow of rage within Hunter only enough to bring him to a state of insanity, not evil. Nilothakir could no longer posess Hunter's body.[/i]

[b]Nilothakir:[/b]If that is how it's to be, then DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[i]Nilothakir lifted Hunter into the air againm performing the denijir once more. Hunter gapsed and struggled, his unfocused and uncontrollable mind wildly screamig. Suddenly it stopped, and Nilothakir vanished. Hunter ran off, howling and crying, towards the forest. He ran into Eve, but she had her face covered. Even in his insane state, he recognized his sister. He pulled her hands away from her face. SHe fought, but still he pulled. Suddenly, her hands flew down, and Hunter saw it. She had been consumed by her evil as well, but she had been transformed. He held her in a hug, his mind still unclear, and it would remain so until Mara saw him and saved him. But right now, he was sane enough to speak. He wiped away the tears from Eve's face.[/i]

[b]Eve:[/b]No...don't look at me.

[b]Hunter:[/b]No, sister. For all the power and gold in the world, I wouldn't flinch at the sight of your face. Family bonds and friendship are stronger than a mere face's appearance. Please do not fear. I will destroy Nilothakir, and I will regain my sanity. You shall regain your striking beauty, and our world will be clean as it was before Nilothakir came. Do not fear that I will fear you...

[b]Eve:[/b]Hunter....I....thank you, brother. You always were there to help me when I needed help...[/color]

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Lacroix walked forward, undaunted by the killing machine ahead of him. Rapacious as a hook horror was, and deadly to even drow, it was no match for Lacroix. As one of the arm blades came crashing down, Lacroix rolled, leapt forward and spun in the air. The hook horror spun, the three feet long horn-like protrusions slicing at Lacroix. The agile drow leapt again, landing on the hook horror massive back. He spun his scimitars out, backhanded, and ripped the armour plates off the monster's head. The second scimitar, Twinkle, arced in and took the creature in the eye. It fell, a huge clatter to deafen the unshielded ear. Lacroix calmly stepped down, and set off down the tunnel.[/font][/color][/I]

And once again, Alriy found himself... Alone. He stood there in contemplation of what he was, who he was and why he was here. Somehow none of it added up. He was born an abomination, though it was not his fault. He was never asked if he wanted to be born dead and survive. His destiny was forced upon himself and he'd lived with it for two hundred and fifty years to long. He was going to end this eternal half life today.

Stepping into the shadows he walked out infront of his proverbial father drawing the sangre barra infront of him. He glared at the man/beast that created Alriy the Dhampire and spat on the ground. Saliva mixed with blood bubbled and hissed as it hit the scorched earth.

Alriy: Malvack! I have finally come to judge you!

Malvack:(laughing malevolently) You're father couldn't do anything against me, why do you think you could? You're just as weak as He is....

Alriy: We shall see. Defend yourself monster!

The battle started as Alriy dove in claws outstretched in a slash only to be caught by Malvacks claws in their own. They exchanged glares as the sangre barra floated in the air about them. Alriy could sense the Elder Vampires power grow but for what he did not know. Jumping back his eyes widened as Malvack tossed a huge fireball at Alriy which he barely managed to avoid by using the buckler to absorb the power reflecting it right back at him. Alriy's eyes narrowed as he focused right in the center of Malvacks being causing fire to erupt about the vampire just as his own fireball hit him.

Alriy sighed leaning against the wall when all that remained of Malvack was his body. His celebration was short lived however because the only person he hated more than malvack just showed up and it couldn't have been at a worse time. Nilothakir had looked at the degrading Alriy and smirked trapping him in a necromantically enhanced bone cage leaving the now mortal cornered like a frightened animal.

His old destiny had crumbled and a new, darker one seemed to be looming in the future.

[color=crimson][size=1] Mara leaned against the tree trunk, watching her husband comfort her sister-in-law. She crossed her arms, her robe billowing silently around her.

Her curly raven hair was now strewn about her face, falling to her waist. She had long ago lost the leather thong that held the mass of curls at bay.

"Shouldn't I be the one getting hugs?" she said, smiling wryly.
-----------------------------
I'll explain how she got there later.[/color][/size]

[color=sienna][i]Ilythiirtar came to. Looking up, he saw Mara alone by the massive elm. Her half-elf features glowed in contrast to her dark surroundings. It captivated the young elfish raider. He walked to her promptly after reading her thoughts. Not touching her, for the power he wields is in a state of chaos. He approaches silently, but Mara hears him. The assassin?s ears falter not he thinks to himself.[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?I would hug you, but I am afraid I cannot even touch you, it would steal your soul with even the most brisk contact, I feel I cannot control it now, like most of my powers, I cannot do so much as direct them.?

[i]Getting and idea, Ilythiirtar floats his Bearer of Release over her head. Smiling, he leans down, wrapping his arms around her in a brotherly hug. After a couple seconds of the embrace, she smiles and looks up at crying Ilythiirtar.[/i]

[b]Mara:[/b] ?Don?t you worry, Eve is going to be just fine??

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?Oh I know??

[i]The embrace between Serenol and Eve had spun its last weave and neared its demise. By the time Ilythiirtar strode to his love, Hunter had let go.

Eve looked up briefly at Ilythiirtar before cowering into what seemed like a transparent cloak of shadows. He smiles at her, levitating the purple disc over her head, the dim light aluminates her dark hair, her evil features wrought on by her deepest evils. He cared not, looking at her, open arms, soft eyes.

Looking up at him, the embarrassment not the least bit hidden, tears flow from her eyes, but no sobs, no crying. He reaches down to her, wrapping his arms around her stomach, lifting her in his arms, moving to a dark place, laying her down on her back. Ilythiirtar leans over Eve, kissing her forehead softly, than her nose, than lips.[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?I would never stop loving you?I left to fulfill my calling. Serenol may be the one to kill Nilothakir, but I will wrench his souls power into my being for eternity, not allowing him a chance to ?revive? himself.?

[b]Eve:[/b] ?Oh m..Ilythiirtar, I love you so much??

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?Shh, my angel, I love you too..?

[i]He presses his lips to his love, kissing her softly, his arms enveloping her, he smiles.

They meet back at the cabin, Oblivion still waiting, not quite sure of how to suite himself into this group, just doing the needed and well-prescribed helping hand when needed. His fighting skills have yet to be defined but he is not one who seems to be a pitiful warrior.

Ilythiirtar looks at him with a weary eye. He soon will need fight alongside this man. Let him be a loyal companion?[/i][/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]After several more days walking (OOC: Yes, I can get away with that.), Lacroix heard the slight tapping he had been listening to. The deep gnomes had a city nearby. That was his destination. He crept along the passage, slowing his pace as he advanced on the gnomes. Although not evil, they were openly hostile towards drow. Most races were.[/font][/color][/I]

[color=teal][i]Hunter saw his wife leaning against the stately tree, and a flicker of recognition flew into his eyes. She rushed into his arms as he collapsed in guilt at what he had done. She saw the tears in his eyes, and the pain in his heart, and she wept with him, though out of joy that her lover was once again her Serenol.[/i]

[b]Serenol:[/b]I am truly sorry, my love. My anger...my rage....I couldn't control them...I'm sorry.

[b]Mara:[/b]And I, too, am sorry. Now let us rest and have a ni-HUNTER!

[i]Nilothakir had not left without giving Hunter a parting gift. He now had two smoking, bleeding gashes on his left cheek. They signified that the evils within Hunter's soul were still there, and forever would be unless Nilothakir was vanquished. Hunter led the party, or what was in it, to Ashrenia, awaiting their questing comrades so that when the party regrouped, Nilothakir would be the next victim of Hunter's rage......[/i][/color]

[color=sienna][i]Ilythiirtar smiled at his angel, he woke up before her and had to leave again, to his dismay, of course he would never leave her on purpose. He left her a note saying why, his father had visited him again in his dreams. The dream was of full color and was true, even to the vivid detail of his father?s face. Looking at his love one last time with just happiness, he places a kiss on her forehead, leaving the note folded in her fingers;[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] (whispering his note) ??My love, my angel, my intertwined soul?the thing that tries to mask your beauty shall perish at my hands, he will be DESTROYED, with mine own fingertips. The vorpal slash will only destroy his body and damn his soul to hell, I will devour his soul, taking his power, taking his right to be in hell! I must leave though, I must learn my new command of souls, I must master my touch, master the soul raiding fortitude I was destined to have. Nilothakir once tried to vanquish my father because of these powers. He wanted me not to go through this pain. Nilothakir would have made my father his minion, if not for his love of my mother?Angel.. I will be back, but I must visit the decimate landscape of the Asunsheiro arctic deserts north, beyond the most outer rim of Faerun.?

[i]Hopping to his feet, he smiles down, placing a kiss on his angels head with his telekinesis. Leaping into the shadows, he begins his journey to the catacombs where his father had been buried, deeply hidden away so he would never find?Or would he? Ilythiirtar cared not, he must find his father, and would stop at no ends to do so.

The amphorication lasted merely two hours, and he was at the outer rim of Faerun, at the outpost town of Asun formerly known as ?Nilothan?, the cold land where his father grew up, and where Ilythiirtar was born, and where his father was banished. Banished for what? Stopping an endless siege on the town? Stopping masses of vile hordes of lucid beings of death. Ilythiirtar knew the truth, he knew all along, or he would not have been allowed in the orphan house in Ashrenia.

Relieved at his homecoming, he went to his fathers past dwelling. Looking at the hut in the rear of the town brought him sadness, but joy, the tears strewn his face, his eyes grey and sad.[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] (to himself) ?I miss my dad??

[i]The town of Asun was still as bustling as before and his ancestors have been all but perished, or have been shunned away. He walked through the streets, recalling his very infant memories to mind, smiling softly in the cold breeze, and the frigid air shaping to the contours of his lungs. He had to find his father; he had to unearth the soul obligatory possession that held him from control over his incoherent powers.[/i][/color]

[COLOR=royal blue][I]
Eve awoke, the note in her hand. She read it as a tear rolled down her cheek. she clenched her fist tightly, bring the hand with the note inside to her chest. she tilted her head down, eyes closed..[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] *wispering* my love...

[I]Eve stood and walked out the cabin, knowing she would doon die.
The previous nite she had been shown where to go and what would occur, but the dream stopped at her death. Eve knew not what awaited her.

After walking through the darkend forest for about twenty minutes she ran in to something. Startled she lokked up. Her eyes travled up as she saw red.

The creature bent down and picked her up, cradlign her lovingly. She wraped her arms around its neck as she wept..[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] I.. thought you had gone. OH MY RYUU!

[I] Ryuu set Eve down. She then realized her shrinking spell had wore off. She looked next ot Ryuu and screamed...[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] RAVEN!!!

[I] Eve srunk back in horror as her sister stood befor her. Eve was afraid. She has not seen her in years and was worried..[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Um.. sister... I

[B]Raven:[/B] Silence. I am here to kill you. You know this, for it is the only other way to return you to your normal self without Nilo's demise. And He can only be defeated by Hunter and youeself, side by side. You cannot do your strongest attack in this form...

[B]Eve:[/B] I.. willl be alone..

[B]Ryuu:[/B] Im goign with you.

[B]Eve:[/B] Ho Ryuu! Thank you..so much..

[I] Eve jumped to Ryuu's "sholders" as Raven continued.

Eve noticed her long blond hair, her violet eyes glinting in the moon light, her cape billowing silently...[/I]

[Raven:[/B] Eve.. come here and face my, take Ryuu's claw so he may join you in his human form.

[I]Eve jumped down as Ryuu changed, growing smaller til he was Human. His hair blood red and eyes a deep blue. Eve took his hand as she faced Raven, her long lost, but never forgotton sister.

Raven raised a daggar over Eve as she chanted..[/I]

[B]Raven:[/B] With this blade .... Let th evil be undone!

[I] Raven brought hte daggar down, it perced Eve's flesh as it sank in to her chest, killing her instantly...

Eve fell to the ground as a tear rolled down Ravens cheek..

Ryuu had colapsed as well, Ready to walk his love through the underworld back to life...[/I][/COLOR]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Lacroix crept down the corridor. Ahead stood a party of gnomes, alert and ready for battle. Lacroix swore silently. They must have had some kind of spell going. He stepped into the open, arms oustretched. The gnomes lowered their weapons slightly. Lacroix stepped forward again, and received a crushing blow from behind, that sent him into darkness.

When he awoke, he was greeted with the dim glow of faerie fire. He rose up, finding his equipment still in place. He padded down the corridoor, coming to large, ornate stone gates. Menzoberranzan. Home of the drow. He walked openly through the gates, his passage unremarked. He was back. Time for things to get very, very interesting.[/font][/color][/I]

[color=teal][i]Serenol awoke that night, his mind resolved to find the scroll of Iko-Nefra, the magic that would allow him to perform the Vorpal Slash to its full strength without fatal results. He crept out of bed, slipped into his armor, and began to write Mara a note, but thought better of leaving her alone. After all, he'd gone insanee without her, note or not. He softly awakened her, asking her if she would like to come with him...[/i]

[b]Serenol:[/b]Mara, my dear. Would you likie to go on a trip with me?[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1] Mara blinked. She looked around at her surroundings.

She nodded quietly, and stood up, changing into traveling clothes. She smiled and took Serenol's hand.

"Where are we going?" she asked quietly.

[/color][/size]

[i][color=teal]Serenol led her out of the house and looked toward the Asimi Forest, in which the ruins of the Gladius Temple stood. Serenol had been trained in all forms of magic and fighting in that temple by his father, and that is where the scroll had been kept.[/i]

[b]Serenol:[/b]We're going to my old school, sweetie.

[b]Mara:[/b]Where you go, I go.

[i]Together they walked toward the forest, Serenol's eyes uncharacteristicly light, and that made Mara extraordinarily happy that her husband was happy. She leaned against his shoulder, walking with him and wondering at the awesome powers in his soul. She feared that he would leave her when the full strength of his powers was realized, but they shared the knowledge that it would never happen.[/i][/color]

[color=green][i]Elsyan was sitting in one of the windows on the west wall when she looked around at what was left of the group that didn't sepertate from each other.[/i]

Elsyan-(thinks)I hope everyone returns soon. While they're doing something that will aid us in stoping Nilothakir, I'm just sitting here. I don't think I can take this much longer.

[i]She turned her head and looked outside as the sun began to set in the sky.[/i][/color]

[color=sienna][i]The harsh decimate winds of the north. They blow in an unending siege of naught. They are like him?They follow their given path; they kill, and reek havoc on whatever they touch. The decimate winds of the north, they lay waste to anything and everything. Ilythiirtar, now on the edge of town, looking onwards to the catacombs that await him, knowing it is only he who may enter, only he who will thwart the plethora of traps, beings, and demons that wait for the unworthy to enter.

Sighing once for the sake of it, Ilythiirtar trudged along. The carnal instincts given to him from his father have rarely faltered. Driven by these instincts he comes to the Catacombs of Naught.

As he enters the crypt, four ghoul-like crescent beings surround him. His uncanny field of radiance literally turns the first one?s hand to mush as it leaps quietly into attack, moving into the area of protected life. Ilythiirtar stopped dead silent, concentrating his aura, he kneels forward, the encircling element of indiscernible darkness around him grows, enthralling the poor beings in the soul slaying snare of irrevocability. Their bodies turn to mush as Ilythiirtar rapes them of their souls, not even allowing them eternity in hell?He is merely doing them a favor?

The astral field which was projected around him in a conscious yet deathly real pattern of indiscernible waves of dark ki fold around his body?These creatures are nothing compared to the challenges he will face ahead, his mind cant barely comprehend how his father nearly killed himself to plant the forsaken amulet of his son?s fate?Knowing full out Ilythiirtar would eventually come home to retrieve his lost, and renewed faith.

Drudging on, he can?t help but be caught up in the pristine beauty of the crystalline surroundings. Overhead, the beams of stationary wood hold the icy ruin in place. The blue glint to them only hinted at their inevitable demise, for soon they will implode, sending wave upon wave of icy shards into the ground. The walls of course ice covered granite, the cavernous walls of this copse preserve merely suggest that this crypt will not proffer much longer. The floor, a dark blue transition of ice, wood, and granite brick?Sturdy, but not welcoming.

The wonders of this cavernous catacomb only overwhelm the young soul raider?s senses. Ilythiirtar does not even realize that the demon ?Vau-Liek? was following him, he drudged on, unaware of the crucial danger that lurked behind?[/color][/i]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Carnal instincts? What the hell...

IC: [I]Lacroix reached his old house. Set in a small cranny in the mile long cavern that held Menzoberranzan, it was a lot smaller than many of the houses. Less grand, less traced with stalactites with driven runes of faerie fire, it was instead defensable. It had stood longer than most houses, excepting of course the Baenre. But his house was strong, if the people in it were not. He marched up to the gate. The guards, both young, demanded his name.[/I]

Lacroix: Lacroix Daemerzannon. Noble of the 12th house of Menzoberranzan.

[I]The shocked silence echoed into the street. They still knew who he was, at least. They ...attempted to grab him. Bad move. His scimitars arced out and he spun. He stabbed one under the armpit, parried the second one's slice, spun and sliced his throat in a single motion. The shocked commoners on the street quickly hurried along. They new better than to get involved.[/I]

Lacroix: Why don't I just let myself in.

[I]Imbuing his hands, he slammed the gates. They opened with a loud clang. There was an immediate reaction. Thinking they were being attacked by another house, the Weapon Master spun the troops in battle formations, the priestesses gathered in the chapel, the mages moved to hidden positions around the cave. They saw nothing. A single drow. Who levitated up the the balcony. A fixed feature of all noble houses, the balcony was a sign of power. Only nobles could stand there. They assembled, prepared to deal with the intruder. Harshly. Malice, the Matron of the house, walked out onto the balcony. The admantine echoed under her sure footsteps. They tracked every echo. Including when she faltered as she recognised Lacroix.[/I]

Malice: You! You are a fool to return!

Lacroix: I didn't return. I was sent back.

Malice: Explain yourself.

Lacroix: Who sent me away?

Malice: Nilothakir.

Lacroix: Was that the last contact the city had with him.

[I]Malice narrowed her eyes.[/I]

Malice: True. How do you know?

[I]Lacroix laughed evilly.[/I]

Lacroix: He didn't denounce me. He justed wanted me into his service.

Malice: What!

Lacroix: He wanted to know the secrets of the drow race. Defences, magic, weaponry. The works.

Malice: You lie!

[I]Lacroix lifts his shirt, revealing the tracery of scars.[/I]

Lacroix: Oh?

Malice: That bastard.

[I]Lacroix smiled ironically. Certainly, the epithet was not because of his maltreatment. He smiled inwardly as well. His ruse was working.[/I]

Lacroix: The only way I was able to escape was when Nilothakir merged with some surface dweller to protect himself.

Malice: I care not! Why did he want to know?

Lacroix: Why else? He wanted to conquer us.

Malice: He will die! I will lead my entire house against him!

[I]From behind her, the eldest daughter of the house, Brizna, stepped forward.[/I]

Brizna: Forgive me Matron, but why should we alone attack the necromancer? The other houses have been betrayed as well.

[I]Malice opened her mouth to rebuke her daughter, but then what she said registered. She smiled slowly, and immediately started snapping off orders. Lacroix allowed himself to be taken into custody, although admittedly a rather sumptuous confinement. He smiled and reclined on his bed, alone. He knew Baenre in particular was suspicious of Nilothakir. Probably because he had not contacted them. He also knew Nilothakir had also levelled accusations against prominent weapon masters and mages all over the city. Given Lacroix's lies, this would quickly be held against the mage. And if Lloth willed, which she would, given her rapacious nature, the drow would march. Twenty thousand dark elves. A force to destroy an known army in the world. And given Nilothakir's nature, the drow would not have to endure much sunlight. In fact, given Nilothakir's interplanar travels, most likely none. Nilothakir was going to be in for a very, very bad time.[/I]

OOC: I liked that. I really did. Don't worry about me returning people. When I do make my entrance, it's going to be good.[/font][/color]

[color=teal][i]Serenol and Mara entered the glade in the middle of the Asimi Forest where the temple Gladius stood, or crumbled. It was once a proud temple, the point of its singular needle tower was said to pierce the sky once upon a time, but now it all lay in ruins. The sky-needle was now half-buried in subterranean levels, and the grand chapel was no longer grand. Though the temple had once been easy to navigate, it was now behest with evil Driders, Salamanders, and on occasion, the single remaining priest saw a glimpse of the terrifying Rakshasa, a lion-man with the powers of pure darkness, though even his powers did not match Nilothakir. Hunter and Mara spoke with the priest, and they asked him for the location of the Iko-Nefra scroll...[/i]

[b]Serenol:[/b]Brother Dinare, it is me, Serenol Ashenmyst Muirin!

[b]Dinare:[/b]Lord Corellon Larethian be praised! The prodigal son returns! How are you, Serenol? What has the greatest student of Muirin Ashenmyst learned recently?

[b]Serenol:[/b]Nothing save the powers God gave me when my father and I died and Heaven made me a Holy Knight. We need the scroll of Iko-Nefra, Bro-.

[i]As he said Iko-Nefra, the powers of Rakshasa magically restored the sky-needle at the caenter of the temple, and Serenol understood. He must make it to the center of the temple and defeat the demon to earn the scroll. He gripped his wife's hand and walked into the temple with her...[/i][/color]

[color=sienna]OOC: PEEEPLE?..WE GOTTA KEEP OUR RPG GOIN PLEASE!!???
Flynn: Carnal, not in the sexual way my dear friend, but as in the impure way...Thesauruses(sp?) blow when you are trying to extend thine vocabulary.... which I am forced to do so frequently, being around all these superb rp'ers..... I didnt mean it sexualy...Just as his instincts have been so darkened, and his destination is a place not many would wish to visit...it is so 'impure'...hehe sorry Flynn.. (for those of you who do not know to who this is directed....read up, and find out who this is replying to....or wait for "Flynn" to respond :)

IC:
[i]Ilythiirtar strode through the cavernous corridors with a rather oblong chip on his shoulder. He could tell something was hailing from wake. It drew near and dear god could he feel it. [size=2]The life force of the creature would have to be relatively sizeable[/size] Ilythiirtar thought.

Turning; Ilythiirtar?s frame is almost instantly pushed against the ice strewn walls of the passageway, the creature, whatever it was, bypassed his field of protection, forcing Ilythiirtar to reach back for his blade.

The demon Vau-Like drove his blade at the nearly immobile Elf, missing only for the aura of protection that surrounds the warrior, and the wire-fleece ? elf-enchanted quilted armor, nearly impenetrable by melee ? that helped shun away the metallic foundation of the blade itself.

Rolling to his freedom, but also condemnation, Ilythiirtar looks up, the ghastly creature has the face of his father?It mocks the youthful warrior with tears of its own, as it lunges at Ilythiirtar?wondering if the dark challenger is pure enough to understand this test.

His mind races, his soul trembles as he leaps around the vile creature. Ilythiirtar?s conscious state of thought allows his body to parry, while he collects this thoughts?[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] (Thinking) ?I know my father is dead, at the hands of Nilothakir himself, that mundane fool?How could he leave me to retrieve my past?knowing I will, knowing it will destroy him for good?.no..wait?.he IS a fool!!! Nilothakir!!!! Your so well permeated with idiocy it is not funny?Your mind is so instilled with mundane perfection, you do not think Serenol CAN kill you with his vorpal slash?You FOOL?., so saturated with downright unreserved declaration?you feel so sure of yourself?.dont you!!!! YOU BELIGERANT BASTARD!!!!! YOU WILL PAY!!!!?

[i]As Ilythiirtar snaps from the reverie of hatred for Nilothakir, he at once realizes that the test is only to do what ever it takes to help destroy the foul necromancy dark horse (yes failure?necromancy is not meant for evil?)?and the first and probably most well thought booby trap would be a true killing machine, that would spark an influx of sadness within the true seeker of these ruins. Ilythiirtar?s mind clicked promptly, his sword held out in usual elf manner, and he pats the fiery edge of Bargos ? shin-bar ? to this chest as he lunges at the demon, which?s only weakness is that of pure will. Only Ilythiirtar could kill him, and only if his heart is unaltered?The blade may only penetrate if the wielder is true to his mark?[/i][/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Ah. You were starting to scare me a little. Ahem. Anyway. My apologies for not posting much lately people, medical reasons.

IC:[I]The door to Lacroix's prison/room opened. Outside stood a priestess, not of Malice's household, but one of considerable rank. She beckoned him over. Lacroix did not fail to notice the twist of her lips. She was quite obviously angry about having to perform a servants duty, and show respect to a mere male.[/I]

Preistess: You will come with me.

[I]Without further words, Lacroix was lead off. He was taken to the chapel. Malice and her daughters stood around the spiderlike pentagram in the middle of the floor. The priestess shoved Lacroix into the middle of the design. The world shimmered, and abruptly he was somewhere else.[/font][/color][/I]

[i][color=teal]Serenol slowly walked towards the lair of Rakshasa, hoping the scroll was intact. Suddenly, he felt a large beam of darkness crash into his chest. He stood, staring at the surce of the beam. In front of him stood...Mara! He looked to his side, and there, too, stood Mara. He remembered the Rakshasa was a shapeshifter, and found himself trapped in a net of darkness. He'd been too late and too confused to act. It was up to Mara to fight Rakshasa. Serenol saw the scroll and used his enhanced sight to memorize the spell. He softly chanted to himself, mastering the Vorpal Slash as he did so. He hoped to himself that he lived long enough to use it, and his life was in Mara's hands...[/i][/color]

[color=sienna][i]So very true to his mark that after the first barrage of swings he was completely torn from his mind?he was a raging lycanthrope?his shasmir all but out of use?Lycantar now beamed control over the Xzarite, his feral claws transforming the mythical long blade into his jagged silver claws, which swept violently at the mock of his father?

It parried, it lunged, it never gave up, but the one thing Lycantar figured out about the fiend, he could not hit it?no matter how fast, he would and could not scathe the creature?

[b]Vau-Like:[/b] ?Elszik mahz kiroz kiroz kiroz backt!?

[i]Ilythiirtar dropped to the floor as he hears his fathers voice tell him in the tongue of his ancient forefathers, the booming voice as he was a child, that re-assuring voice? he was sure of it now, and the insanity was swept away, the lycanthrope of Ilythiirtar had all but dissipated as his body turned back elfish, his mind and soul all together?[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] (tears streaming his eyes as he draws the shin-bar, forged by his very father..) ?I am so sorry father?.?

[i]Knowing it would only take one prick of the fiery blade to destroy the aspiration that vau-liek held?the ambition to halt any one from entering, and lurking?Ilythiirtar jumped at the creature, and slide the sharmir from the corner of the shoulder directly into the heart, the mindless soul of the creature it was?

The area around the blade turned to a caustic gas as it entered the body of his mock father?his soul screeched, knowing this was the savior to his father?.within these catacombs, lays the soul of his father?the puzzle to release the banished soul of his father?to end the curse that plagues his freedom?

The body of Vau-Liek turned to gas as its remaining fragments of dust pelted the ground with a light swish?standing in the middle of the dust, Ilythiirtar traces a pentacle forwards four times, starting facing east, once a pentacle is on each of his directions, he levitates and calls the darkness in?allowing it in the center with him?.knowing the soul of vau-liek will never be fully gone until corrupt with light (sorry, it don?t make sense but hehe?). Once the darkness of the soul looms into the path of the pentacles, ilythiirtar traces one pentacle above his head backwards and one below him backwards?he amphoricates from the box of darkness and light?All evil trapped within as he sends a beckon of release out? the soul is reincarnated before his eyes and he smiles as the flesh and blood vau-liek, reaching out with a vein of soul stealing tendril. Once it hits the scared, scrawny being, stealing its soul and feeding the raider (ily) with much needed life force?

The quest will move on?and the pentacles shall shun away anything from walking beyond the gates of naught.[/color][/i]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]Lacroix stood exposed. In the middle of a small cavern, highi above Menzoberranzan. There were eight priestesses around him. Matrons of the top eight houses. He knew were he was.[/I]

Baenre: We will march against Nilothakir. This is true. You will lead out armies. Go now.

[I]Lacroix blinks once, shrugs, and walks down to the Academy. They'll have it all worked out for him. In his abscence, he forgotten the abrupt manner of drow interaction. That was probably the fastest promotion to general he'd ever seen. And without the pomp to. Lacroix wondered what would happen now he was in control of the drow armies. What could he do with the power?[/I]

OOC: I won't be posting much from here on people. Just hurry up and attack the damn mage.[/font][/color]

[color=teal]OOC: Damnt, Mist got grounded. I gotta tie this end up.
----------------------------------------------------------
[i]Mara jumped over Rakshasa, drawing out her wisten. She turned and ran to Serenol, the magical electricity that held him drawing bloodcurdling screams from his throat. As she approached and touched him, he whispered.[/i]

[b]Serenol:[/b]Take....AGH!...Alaris. HYAGH!!!

[i]Mara pulled the sword from the floor, twirled it, and found it lighter than air. She felt immense holy power pulsing through her veins, and she used this power on Rakshasa. The demon never felt the cleave that severed his right half from his left, but it was soon seen. His two sides slipped apart from each other, and the magic binding and torturing Serenol fell away. Serenol stumbled forward, grabbed the scroll, and absorbed it into the equilibrium of his being, perfecting it beyond mere memorization. Together, he and Mara walked back to Ashrenia. When they got there, Serenol went to the palace, Mara following nervously. She was still not ready to be royalty. Serenol turned lightly.[/i]

[b]Serenol:[/b]Whatever pursuits you take, my love, you may take them now. But with or without you, I will soon asault Nilothakir. As I can see, Lacroix has been busy. He has a host of Dark-elves out there. The drow know little of their situation, but they shall keeo his demons at bay while a certain number of infiltrators undermine his castle. I am one of them. I must get the Vengeance blessing for Alaris. Together with my Vorpal Slash, I am the only one that can eliminate Nilothakir![/color]

• 1 month later...
[color=crimson][size=1] OOC: Better get this thing going again...
--------------------------------

Mara nodded.

"I fear I cannot be there," she started slowly, wringing her hands, "if you are to beat Nilothakir, I must speak with the Chronois Council, and ask for a blessing of protection."

Serenol frowned.

"Couldn't you have done that while you were there in the Forest of Time?" he asked suspiciously.

Mara seized up, her eyes darting to the floor.

"Well," she stuttered, "I...uh..."

Serenol seized his wife's hands.

"What is it?" he demanded.

She closed her eyes, and turned her head away, frightened.

"I must take punishment." she replied hastily.

Serenol suddenly let go of her limp hands.

"Punishment?"

Mara nodded.

" For several actions against the council, " she continued, her eyes opening themselves slowly, " My first offence: Marrying without the consent of the council. My second offence: Meddling in the change of what will be legend and history. My third offence: Assualting another time mage."

[/color][/size]

[color=teal][i]Serenol sucked in a sob, reaching down into his shirt, pulling out a small ring on a necklace. He pulled the ring off of the chain, placing it upon Mara's hand.[/i]

[b]Serenol:[/b]My dearest. If ever you have need of your husband, kindly rub this ring twice and I shall be whisked to your side.

[b]Mara:[/b]Th...thank you. I.. I love you.

[b]Serenol:[/b]I love you, too.

[i]They both turned, Serenol's wounds not qiute healed, and he set off towards Nilothakir's tower. Mara walked towards her destination, tears in her eyes. Serenol could never know that she wasn't really pregnant....

Serenol grimaced at the thought of the truth. He'd felt it that day as Mara gripped Alaris. She wasn't pregnant. When she was out of view, he slipped behind a lonely oak tree, pulled out the picture he'd created of her, and wept. He cried as hard as he would allow himself. He loved her, nut he knew all too well what Alaris was asking. The chances that he'd see her again after he entered the Palace of Nilothakir were noit good. He knew his life would be at very high risk...[/i][/color]