OtakuBoards

Siege of the Necromancer [RPG]

Phantom

[i]Serenol stood, waiting for Elysan. He anxiously stood patiently, looking at Eve and Ilythiirtar. He suddenly became aware that the poison was still running through his veins, made even stronger by Mavericke's return to Serenol's body.Eve opened her eyes just in time to see her brother fall over the edge of the temple, rocketing down the twenty stories of the temple too quickly to react. He didn't open his wings...he was unconscious! Artea appeared from nowhere, catching the unconscious Serenol seconds before he became the pile of crushed organs formerly known as Serenol. She carried him back up, laying him at Ilythiirtar's feet. Serenol gasped, his eyes open, but glazed. Eve ran forward, collapsing at her brother's side. She wept as his breathing became shallow, and his heartbeat began to quicken. Suddenly, Ryuu looked at Eve sadly. He chanted a dragonspell, the same Serenol had chanted for Artea.[/i]

[b]Ryuu:[/b]Half my heart to make you whole, to follow the course of the ways of old.

[i]The poison finally purged, Eve sighed with relief that Hunter would live. Ryuu, as well, had attained something new. By sharing his heart with a human, he attained the ability to transform into a human. And being that Serenol already shared his heart with Artea, Ryuu as well shared his heart with her, and he already shared his heart with Eve. They were all linked, as a true family...Serenol hiccuped, releasing a small spurt of flame. He fainted from the pain in his chest and shoulder.[/i]

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ooc: sorry guys. I'm going to be babysitting all day tomorrow and all of next week, so I'm not going to be able to post much. Go ahead and use the Ring of Shadows, Oblivion. A ring would fit you better anyway. ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]Elsyan warily climbed the stairs with Runeth flying close behind until she reached a large dark room. She stopped when she reached the top stair.[/i]

Runeth-This room feels wierd.

Elsyan-That's because this is where the guardian is.

Runeth-But where is the artifact?

[i]Elsyan looked around the room trying to pierce the darkness. [/i]

Elsyan-There it is; towards the back wall.

[i]Elsyan and Runeth then stepped up the last stair into the room. They walked cautiously towards the table where the artifact was. So far, there was no sign of the beast that they knew was somewhere nearby. Suddenly, Elsyan's keen ears picked up a rustling noise from behind them. Elsyan just barely grabbed Runeth by his hand and jumped away as a huge claw came crashing down, cracking the stone floor where they stood no more than 1 second ago. They stood alert once more, listening for any more sounds that could give the monster's position away in the darkness.[/i]

Runeth-I can't hear him anymore, Elsyan. It's as if he vanished.

Elsyan-He's hiding somewhere trying to catch us off guard.

[i]Elsyan raised her hand above her head and chanted a spell. A ball of energy formed from her palm as she sent it into the high ceiling chamber and the room was suddenly filled with light. Standing in the corner was a man in black clothes and heavy black armor with a staff in his hand.[/i]

???-ha. I'd knew you'd come. I was told that a High Elf would come and that I was to kill her when she arrived.

Elsyan-Who are you?

???-I am Cartion, the Dark Wizard and Guardian of the Necklace of Light, but you shouldn't be worried about that for your life ends here.

[i]Elsyan drew her sword.[/i]

Elsyan-That artifact is meant for me. I will not let you stand in my way!

Cartion-So be it. But I warn you: I'm a Master at Shape-shifting.

[i]With a wave of his staff, Cartion had transformed into a giant black scorpion with his pincers and lethal tail poised to attack. Elsyan looked to Runeth who had already grown to his full size and hopped onto his back and took into the air. The scorpion was trying to trap them in his deadly claws, but Runeth's speed had greatly increased and was dodging them easily. It seemed that the fight was in favor of Elsyan and Runeth, but suddenly the tables turned as Cartion caught Runeth by the neck with its powerful claws and Elsyan fell from his back onto the cold stone floor. Luckily, she managed to avoid serious injury. She sat up and watched as Cartion was about to strike Runeth with his venomous tail. Thinking quickly, she extended her arm and shot a blast of pure energy, severing the tail completely from the body. With a wail of pain and rage, the scorpion released Runeth from his strangle hold and slowly started to change back into his human form. Elsyan ran to Runeth's side quickly and then turned to Cartion who now had a deed gash in his back.[/i]

Cartion-You have been lucky thus far, but I'm going to finish you with my next form!

Elsyan-No, Cartion. You will not get a chance to transform any more.

[i]Elsyan pointed her hand at the Wizard and began to chant an ancient Elven Spell that she had learned several years before. Suddenly, Carion burst into flame and was screaming in agony. Elsyan turned her head away from the smouldering wizard. She hated to use that spell because she could see the pain in their face and death in their eyes. Soon all that remained was a pile of ashes on the floor where he stood a moment before and his staff. She turned away from it and walked over to where the necklace lay. She reverently picked it up and placed it on her neck. Finally, she had found her artifact. Runeth had already shrunken to his normal size and landed on her shoulder.[/i]

Elsyan-Well Runeth, we did it. How's your neck?

Runeth-A bit sore, but I'm alright.

Elsyan-That's a relief. I'll bandage you up when we find the rest of the group.

[COLOR=royal blue][I] Eve ears perked up. She looked ot Illy and Kissed him before dissapearing.

She appeared some ten feet behind Elsyan. She stopped and turned, sword drawn. Eve stepped from the shadows.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Hey I thought I might help you outta here. Its quite a big maze. Ill show you the shortcut.

[B]Elsyan:[/B] Great, thanks

[I] Eve walked to Elsyan and grabbed her in a hug. She closed her eyes and the two elves appeared on the roof. Hunter clapped at Eve's acute hearing.

Eve just let go of Elsyan and smiled.

Walkign back to Illys loving arms they awaited Mara and Oblivion as hunter emmerced ihm self in a conversation with Elsyan... Lacroix watching the scean from a short distance...[/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royal blue][I] Eve looked to him, the biggest smile on her face. She jumped ot him hugging him.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] ITS OK!

[I] After squeezing ihm tightly she let go. He was rather out of breath,and she figured Illy wanted to say something....[/I][/COLOR]

[i]Nobody noticed the tears that had formed in Hunter's eyes. He realized what he must do to bring even more peace to his sister, wife, and his best friends, Artea and Ilythiirtar. He unfurled his wings, flying into the forest. When he alighted there, he yelled out the name of his oldest foe, a man known as Bleed.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]Bleed! Come out you coward! I WILL DESTROY YOU!

[b]Bleed:[/b]Sssso, you have come for me at lassst, Sssserenol! Why have you been keeping me waiting, sssilly fool!

[i]Hunter drew out both his Fiore and his Alaris, staring at his opponent. Bleed drew out his claws, being a demon. The battle lasted longer than any Hunter had yet fought. The fight lasted more than twenty-four hours, but Bleed had an advantage. Hunter knelt after a day, his wings torn and ragged. He remembered something Eve had told him seven years ago...
[color=teal][b]"As long as you have friends,
the strength in your heart is unbeatable. Just
believe, and know, that I'll always be your friend.
To me, you are the strongest person in the world" [/color][/b]
Hunter stood, his energy refueled. Alaris began to glow, and soon Hunter had thrust Alaris through Bleed's black heart, ending his life forever. Hunter teleported back to the tower and fainted again, this time from exhaustion...[/i]

[COLOR=blue][I] Eve had screamed when she heard Hunter cry Bleeds name.

When he returned she knelt at his sid, holding him tightly, Mara still havden't. Eve sat ther, Illy at her side,standing,hand on her sholder,holding Hunter,crying,knowing he was ok,but scared of the fight he had just incounterd...[/I][/COLOR]

[color=red][size=1] Oblivion and Mara burst through the room, bloodied, but gripping their relics tightly. Mara paled when she saw Eve holding Hunter, his wings torn and his face haggard.

She rushed over, despite her weariness, but suddenly stopped herself. She couldn't. Not yet. It was too early.

She turned around and told Oblivion to tell the tale of why it took them so long to find the relics. She walked back out of the room, everyone's curious glance following her.

She slumped in the room beside it, exhausted. She sighed and fell into a deep stupor.

[i]Mara.

Mara snapped her head up, the world around her a dim gray.

Father?

A man emerges quietly from the shadows, his face tired with age.

Father Time?

The man nodded.

"You must save them." he said aloud.

She shook her head weakly.

"I can't. I refuse to take their memories."

"And why?"

"Because it is their's to cherish, or to disspell."

"Ah, but Mara, my dear, you are the key."

Mara rolled her eyes.

"Not anymore."

"So be it."[/i]

The dream had ended, but Mara slept on.[/color][/size]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Dragonheart? Very bad taste there EFK.

IC:[I]Lacroix retreated off slightly, unwilling or unable to be part of the aftermath. He wasn't sure himself. The encounter with Erus had unbalanced him somewhat. He needed time to think, to reaffirm his lost sense of identity. He needed to fight down the memories and emotions that now raged through him. He needed to be alone. He knew that, caught up in each other, the others would be unlikely to notice should he slip off. The only ones likely to, Eve, with her strange displays off affection that were [B]really[/B] starting to unnerve him, and Ilythiirtar, with his perception, were absent, and Alriy seemed somewhat occupied. Lacroix wandered back, to the sanctum of the mage he had killed earlier. He seemed called back there. Perhaps the dark-aspected bracers he had obtained stirred the darkness in his soul, and keened a shrill cry in his mind. He needed comfortable surroundings, and the cathedral, with its amazing gothic construction, atmosphere and decor, wuold be perfect. He was quickly there, easily retracing his way through the maze. The pentagram had faded, stains of blood all that remained. He sat on the mage's "throne", an ornate, highbacked chair carved with serpents and drakes, and stilled himself for the conflict ahead. Almost immediately, the torches flickered and died, and a spectral howl filled the air.[/font][/color][/I]

OOC:Sorry, Harlequin. I just LOVE Sean Connery movies. Just don't let me get into beheadings and immortality or I'll run around calling myself Juan Sanchez Denaro Ramirez. ^_^=
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[i]Hunter's eyes snapped open, and he struggled to his feet. He coughed blood, and couldn't stop shaking and trembling. His nerves were racked, and his courage shaken. He stared out at Nilothakir's tower, which stood out in dark relief against the sky. The blood trailing from Hunter's lips, his torn wings hanging low, he stumbled in to the palace again and took his sleeping wife in his arms, and he let her heartbeat restore his wings. He fell asleep with her in his arms...[/i]
------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:Jaimie, don't be pissed. You are the ONLY one that I love sweetie. This is JUST writing. Okay. You know that you're the only one that can give me wings. ^_^=

[size=1][color=darkblue][I]Oblivion closed his eyes as if thinking, like he often does. There was a long pause.[/I]

[B]Oblivion:[/B] Well, it's quite a long story, so get comfy.

[I]He sat on the ground indian-style and started floating in the air. He let his angelic wings relax as he wiped blood from his chin and recalled the tale.[/I]

[B]Oblivion:[/B] We were going through the tower, each of us feeling a pull from our destined relics. We decided to go for Mara's first, for I knew what would await me at mine. We reached the room containing her relic, the Chain of Haze. When we got there is seemed peaceful enough, the relic hung silently on a hook that came from the wall. Suddenly a huge beast, I believe it was an Earth Golem, came crashing out and grabbed the chain for his. I used my telekinesis on the chain and it flew to Mara, the monster didn't take to kindly to that. Well, Mara snapped the chain became a mist, taunting the demon while I conjured up some spells. Sacred winds was the first one I used, and with it being enhanced by the power of my staff it was pretty strong. I managed to blind him, and Mara struck away with her chain. Eventually he recovered, and sent her flying. I flew over and made sure she was ok, and the beast struck. He knocked me down to the ground, where he was able to get me with his Earth attacks and spells. He beat me up pretty bad, but Mara started smiting him with her chain again. When I recovered, I got off the ground and told Mara to back off. I used Sacred Winds once more and knocked him to the ground. Mara immediatly jumped forward and lashed out with her chain, using all her might. The beast was split right in half! Well, on with the story. We then left that room, taking our time and allowing ourselves to heal. We had a long trek to where my relic was. All the way on the other side, and up 2 floors. When we got there, my relic, the Ring of Shadows, was on a spike, just sitting there. I went to grab it, when a Chimera jumped out and knocked me back. I used my Telekinesis, but it blocked it with a counter spell. Mara became mist once more and traveled through the beast, grabbed the ring, and came back safely. She handed it to me, and I put it on. I turned into a shadow, and went against the back wall. Mara joined me and we discussed what was best. We decided that I use my Holy Judgment on the beast, killing it off before it could attack. I held my staff tight, went out and confronted the beast. I became visible again, and raised the staff above my head while chanting the spell passed down to me by my father. I brought my staff down, level with the beast, as the wall flew out and the funnel cloud moved into the room. I kept chanting, and the beast looked utterly confused. Lightning struck, and the beast exploded, ichor flying everywhere, coating both me and Mara. We immediately came back down to join you once more.

[I]Oblivion silenced, and the others just sat, looking on in amazement at the tale that unfolded before them.[/I]

[B]Oblivion:[/B] Now, as for me, I will get to that later. Let's just keep it simple for now. That bastard owes me his life for what he did to be and my family! HE [I]WILL[/I] PAY!!!

[I]Oblivion stood up as he said this, floating slightly above the ground, yelling at the top of his lungs. As he finished, lightning struck, and the winds picked up, then died down. He went back into sitting, floating ever so peacefully, as if nothing happened.[/I]
[/size][/color]

[color=red][size=1] Don't be mad at me, either Jamie.
------------------------------------
Mara sat up groggily, her eyes startled from the arms wrapped around her.

She slowly turned around, seeing Hunter's face, asleep peacefully. She smiled and brushed her lips on his cheek. She nimbly slipped out of the man's arms and decided to walk around the palace.

She entered into the hallway, and went down into a dark room. She knew this place; it had once been a second home to her. She looked through the huge window, the drapes hung heavily over.

She pulled them back, light flooding into the huge room, revealing the many shelves of books. She smiled, and sat on the window sill, her gaze locked on something outside. Her last mother's song to her flooded to her memory as tears welled up softly in her eyes.[/color][/size]

[color=red][size=1][i] The sun will rise,
on the horizon.
Don't be scared;
Don't look away.

Face the day,
as if it were gold.
Be happy to be
alive.

Should harm ever come you way,
look to the sky.
Don't scream,
or shout,
or even cry.

Because I am here,
for you always.
No matter how limited
are my days.[/i][/color][/size]

[color=sienna][i]After replacing the leather coil belt, Ilythiirtar smiles, looking at his matching belt and boots. Knowing his mentor Lacroix was gone wasn?t unforeseen to the young elf, but he shook off the concern knowing of how his friend to say, can handle himself.

Not sure of how his artifact was so easily attained, Ilythiirtar contemplated for a moment. Eve still in his arms, his body was with her, while his mind was off in an inventive consign of imagination. Letting his mind ponder briskly, he figured that he was either very lucky to have an easily found sentiment, or he dodged the beast guardian that was bound to protect his newfound belt.

He wasn?t utterly wrong either; the guardian was dodged, however deliberately. Ilythiirtar was cursed, unidentified to him as of hitherto. Looking onwards, his eyes revive their fluid consciousness.[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?Love??

[b]Eve:[/b] ?Yes, Ilyth??

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?I must leave the party, my training is incomplete. I will seek out Lacroix.?

[i]With the lie rowed out perfectly, Ilythiirtar leapt to his feet, apologizing to his wife-to-be. As Ilythiirtar?s figure disperses into a shadow before Eve?s eyes, his mind darts into an overly skeptic qualm of worry and anxiousness. Darting from the group, into the pits of the cathedral, Ilythiirtar does not seek his mentor. The curse has taken hold of him; he splashes into the magma, his body nearly disintegrating the flesh from his bones, if not for his shin-bar which grants him diminutive, limited immunity to any extreme of heat. Splashing up, his body red, beating bright crimson as he struggles to dispirit the specter, thrusting it from his body?Almost successfully, however it continues to direct Ilythiirtar?s body ?soon to be carcass- into the pit of molten rock?

Being disturbed from his deep concentration, Lacroix is angered and almost dismisses the situation before him until he recognizes Ilythiirtar?s tomblike appearance; the agony on his face seems rather disturbing, the specter apparition?s face emerges by means of passing through Ilythiirtar?s face, leaving a ghastly frame of pincer-like teeth, a maw of teeth that would glint if they were real. It?s eyes red, and the snout almost draconic.

Above, Eve just knows something is wrong, but doesn?t know exactly what to do, her expression however alerts the other members, Alriy in particular?[/i][/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson][I]The threat to his companion crystallised Lacroix's thoughts. Possession was not to be borne. Lacroix knew he could counter it, but it would require some delicate balances. He rose up, casting off his dilemma. Ilythiirtar still struggled against the wraith's twisting influence, and held out mightly. Lacroix lowered his defences, stringing a chain of almost sulphuric wards across his mind, and drew both Ilythiirtar and the wraith in. Ilythiirtar was filtered out by the sigils. The wraith was not. Thwarted, it turned its malice on Lacroix. Lacroix resisted the urge to cauterise the wraith out. Should the wraith latch onto his aura coils, destroying it would leave him irrepairably damaged. He hoped Ilythiirtar had not tried to attack the wraith. An unnatural perversion, such wraiths were masters of time and space, and constrained by neither. By tied into Lacroix's mind, the wraith could not slip back and attack across time, before Lacroix had his defences up. Lacroix whirled his thought patterns in a vortext wrought of discipline and contempt. He knew wraiths. He knew that their bent of possession would not stand up to his tactics. The wraith attempted to grapple, eager to consume his entire being. Lacroix, manipulating it skillfully, twisted away like water. The wraith attempted to catch the winding aura strands, latching in ever so slightly. Lacroix continued to twirl his thought patterns, twisting them around into a cage that collapsed on the wraith with a scream like steel and fire. Caught by the mind it had tried to possess, the wraith coudl do nothing as it was slowly leeched away, becoming one with Lacroix.[/I]

Lacroix: I love doing that to them. Really, really pisses them off. Now, why did you follow me?[/font][/color]

[color=sienna][i]Unable to talk, move, or even breathe, Ilythiirtar drops to the floor of the cavernous pit, eyes peeled in his utter paranoia. Occasionally glancing at the ally who freed him of captor of his mentality, he tries to mumble something.[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?It, read?.my mind?.knew what I wanted?.gave it to me, than ?..Tried to kill?.? (Coughing)

[i]Looking at the young elf, Lacroix cannot find the words he wishes to express what he is thinking, rage, an irate response to being interrupted, the anger diminished by the worry for a friend? No, the though slips from his mind rather quickly. A renewed feeling of bliss, realizing how long it has been since he had toyed with an inferior mind so easily, he sighs, gazing curiously at his by and large intact companion.[/i]

[b]Lacroix:[/b] ?If there is anything we must acquaint you with it is the controlled usage of your life auras. I am surprised you are even alive??

[i]Struggling to his feet, Ilythiirtar nods at Lacroix solemnly, the beads of sweat present on his forehead, and they stream his face as he tries to calm down. Lacroix, without even breaking a sweat, leads his pupil to the thrown. Once atop his regal alter, he closes his eyes, drifting into a deep train of thought?Ilythiirtar just watches, looking onward, not understanding what is going on, merely gaping in awe?[/i][/color]

[color=teal][i]Hunter stood, fully awake. He began to search the palace, looking for Ilythiirtar, Lacroix, and Mara. He walked into a beautiful room, decorated somewhat ornately. He heard and felt a soft melody, and looked to the window. His wife was singing. He smiled inwardly, but also sighed. He walked over when she finished.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]Mara, love. I have something to tell you.

[b]Mara:[/b]Yes, Hunter?

[b]Hunter:[/b]I know full well that you believe you aren't ready for royalty. You don't realize that you don't have to be a queen yet.

[b]Mara:[/b]What do you mean?

[b]Hunter:[/b]Well, since my mother died, I must assume the role as king. But until then, I am not royalty, as my coronation and my title are being withheld by Nilothakir. Until he is dead, I am no king, which means you are not yet a queen.

[b]Mara:[/b]Okay.

[i]Mara fell against Hunter's chest, sighing deeply. They sat with each other in each other's arms for well over two hours. Then Hunter got up to look for Ilythiirtar, his wife at his side.[/i][/color]

[color=red][size=1] Mara sighed, her hand claspes in Hunter's.

"I haven't been honest with you, love." she said, her staps faltering as Hunter turned his gaze to her.

Mara looked to the floor quietly.

"I'm a time mage," she began, Hunter's eyes growing large, "sent by Father Time himself to keep watch over you and the others. I'm here to make sure that Nilothakir doesn't use the one element that could very well destroy you and all that you hvae worked for: time."

Hunter nodded, eagerly awaiting more.

"But lately, the physical toll has taken over me, and frankly, having a baby isn't going to help me. I won't be able to stop him if he wishes to take time and meld it into his own. I'll try, but I'll fail."

Hunter just stood, looking at his wife in awe.

"I know I haven't been a physical asset anyway, but I have spent many a night making sure that Nilothakir did not use time as a weapon, I myself actually melding it into a shield against him. I hate to brag, love, but...well, I've saved all of you guys more than once, and I don't think I can do such a thing any longer."[/color][/size]

[color=teal][i]Hunter stood and dashed into the heart of the temple, beseeching the god Corellon Larethian, asking for the gift. His eyes barely hid the tears as he fell to his knees. The god appeared.[/i]

[b]Corellon:[/b]You know what you ask.

[b]Hunter:[/b]Anything to relieve my wife of this burden!

[b]Corellon:[/b]Then stand and accept the powers of a Chronomancer!

[i]Hunter's energies twisted and melded, forming him a new appearance. He grew more built, stronger, and quicker. His Alaris became longer. His eyes changed clear ice-blue, and his hair became solid white. Mara had been watching, and she ran into his gentle arms. He began to sing a soft song, a lullaby...[/i][/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Appreciated. Damn it, now I need to post some weird existential stuff again... Damn you EFK. Made my idea seem unoriginal.

IC:[I]Lacroix focused his mind, the swirling areas that outlined his rampant insanity forming a bulwark against his incursions. He waited, patient as a spider, as the currents aligned themselves, his very mind striking against him. Lacroix fought it as he did the wraith, letting its malice wind itself into a trap. Which was his greatest mistake. The wraith, quiesant but not fully absorbed, struck into the insane parts of his mind, joining its own aberrated, ravaging tendrils onto the forces Lacroix sought to fight down. Driven almost beyond recourse, Lacroix aligned the mental equivalent of elemental mastery against the incursion, a sheer influx of willpower. Lacroix's assult faltered after mere seconds, bewildered. Rather than destroying the insanity blended with the wraith, it made it stronger. The parasitic beings, he was sure now that his insanity was a sentient existence, were feeding off him. Intrigued despite his dire circumstances, Lacroix sent a probe into the area he had never dared to enter before. What he found shocked him. The insanity was merely a screen.

All drow are multitalented. With their paranoid distrust of other races, and proximity to powerful natural magic (The Underdark is home to millions of sites of radioactive magic sites. These can have somewhat strange effects, from enhancing normal objects with enchanted powers, to increasing g sensitivity to magic. Sages believe it is these sites, carefully coveted by drow, which give them their natural resistence to magic, and their aptitude for it.) All drow are gifted in both weapons and magic. They have to be, to survive the moil of social and political currents that wrend their world apart. The drow society is the most deadly to its members, out of any on earth. When Lacroix was exiled, a screen was placed over his mind. He thought he remembered the intrisical drow powers. He had no idea. What he had always considered an auramasters discipline, was now revealed to be an enchanters. The drow followed all codes of magic, wizardry, sorcery, witchcraft, divination, elemental mastery (ingrained in many drow to varying degrees), demonology, incantation based magic, necromancy, blood magic, sacrafical magic etc. Lacroix was revealed to be an enchanter.

Enchanters are an ancient sect, their origins lost in the mysts of time (like all good things). Their magic tends towards the destructive, the elemental, along with psychic manipulations. They prefer to guide a conversation rather than hold one. They tend towards mysticism, and are loners by nature. Lacroix, now that hel realised it, fitted perfectly. He gasped in surprise, as the insanity drained away to a managable level. The only insane parts of his mind are the ones left from the attack. Without backing, the wraith settled, again becoming one with Lacroix's personality. Lacroix opened his eyes, to find Ilythiirtar staring at him. Lacroix rose up, centred again. He held out his hand, and a ball of lightning appeared.[/I]

Lacroix: At last.

Ilythiirtar: Your auras, have, changed somewhat. Are you still yourself?

Lacroix: More than I ever was. Come, we shoudl return to the others.

[I]They leave, Ilythiirtar still watching Lacrox warily.[/I]

OOC: I swear. I can never find the right moment to throw that in. Christ its annoying. I always post it a little too late.[/font][/color]

[color=red][size=1] Grrr, there's my moment of glory down the drain...never mind...
--------------------------------------

Mara smiled and walked silently out of the room, a great burden off her shoulders.

"Mara!" Hunter shouted, trying to stop her, but she waved her hand for silence.

"No," she said calmly, her voice unusually low, " I appreciate what you have done, but I have been a time mage all my life. You do realize that now that you have lifted my burden, that it will be restored to me after this child is born?"

Hunter nodded.

"It will be extracted painfully, love." she whispered, her voice normal.

She spun on the ball of her foot, walking away.
------------------------------------
Don't follow me, guys. I'm going to have my own little fun for a while.[/color][/size]

[color=sienna][i]His eyes low, grey dark orbs of cloudy pain. Ilythiirtar walks in the wake of his sauntering mentor. Not one to usually look at appearances as something special, he cannot help but feel overly dark, gripping, the intenseness of what he just witnessed stirs him, Lacroix notes this and smiles inwardly, knowing he has a true follower of every sense of the word.

Mara bumped Ilythiirtar as she walked by, in his haste, he amphoricates before her, looking into her hurt eyes. A hand out, he speculates what has happened, before he looks up he can feel it, Hunter has changed as well. Mara pushes him aside as he grows weary.

A second later he was kneeling in front of his brother, staring up at him oddly, shaking his head, Ilythiirtar stands up straight.[/i]

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?So you are finally taller than me old bloke??

[b]Serenol:[/b] (deeply) ?Yeah, it comes with the whole Chronomancer package??

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?Something wrong with your wife? I could feel her hurt??

[b]Serenol:[/b] ?I think?In thinking of her well-being, I may have raped her of her destiny, it was for the best right??

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b] ?Maybe so, but I think she is quite capable, the power she held was not wanton. It would be like me turning Eve into a powerless peasent?Understand??

[i]Flipping back, beside Lacroix, who loomed in the scene, still marveling at his discovery. Ilythiirtar smiled at him, sort of happy in a sense. Shaking his head, he spots Eve, sporting her staff around precisely. Once she saw Ilythiirtar, he felt her, knowing exactly what she wanted, he darts to her swiftly, smiling into her eyes, and he grips her tightly, sharing a loving embrace. The others scarcely notice the two as they press their lips tightly, happy to be united.[/color][/i]

[color=teal]OOC:Fine. I get the message, damnit!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[i]Corellon had forgotten to mention the minor setbacks...

Hunter eye's slid out of focus as he collapsed, blood again dripping from his mouth. A scream erupted from his clogged throat, and he fell, spilling open a wound in his side. The floor was coated in the crimson fluid as the wound that had killed him seven years ago came back. His eyes glazed over, his body shaking. He barely got the words out as he neared death. Again.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]I was wrong...I give it back...but ease her pain...please!

[b]Corellon:[/b]I warned you! It shall be so!

[i]Suddenly, the wound sealed. His appearance was still changed, and he was still tall, but he maintained his original powers. He collapsed. No one could tell if he was alive or dead, though. He appeared dead.[/i][/color]

[color=red][size=1] OOC: I said nothing! I only implied.
------------------------------------------
Mara shuddered as familiar feelings fluttered into her body, and she fell at the force.

She hit the ground, unconcious, her mind swimming in oblivion.

[i]"Why"

"Why what?"

"Why would let an inexperienced mortal take on the rites chronos order"

"I...didn't."

"Be it so, Mara."

"Father, it's so hard."

"I know."

"I need you here."

"You know very well that will never happen. I am with you mentally dear. I am your dreams. I show you what is to pass. You have seen each of the warrior's fate, for I have shown them to you."

"I...don't want to see them anymore."

"You would foresware the Sight?"[/i]

Mara gasped, and shot up faster than a bullet, feeling surrounded by the paved hallway. She was trapped.

"I don't know what I wasnt, father." she whispered, tears brushing softly against her lashes.[/color][/size]

[color=teal]OOC:.....
----------------------------------------------------
[i]Hunter lay on the floor, not breathing or moving. The blood on the floor refused to dry or disappear. Eve raced in, seeing her brother on the floor. She couldn't hide the tears as she buried her face in Ilythiirtar's chest, sobbing. Hunter's prone form even caused the stoic Alriy to fall to his knees. Mara didn't see him. When she turned, Lacroix and Elysan quickly covered their ears. Mara's scream was loud enough to wake the dead, yet Hunter did not stir. His chest didn't even rise or fall with the gentle rythm of his breathing. His eyes wouldn't open, his blood wouldn't stop, and his lips stayed icy blue. His face began to slacken in pallor, and even Artea, when she came, couldn't waken him. Mara fell to his side, crying. Ilythiirtar's breastplate began to soak in Eve's tears. Hunter simply lay there, dead.[/i][/color]

[color=sienna][i]Ilythiirtar stood looking at fallen mentor, realizing how dumb he had been. For the first time he was forced to truly focus his auras. Ilythiirtar stood above his felled brother, moving to one knee, he places his hand over the chest and heart of Serenol. The pour of blood impeded. Ilythiirtar undertakes the energy transversal in an odd, warped enthralling, but pain full twist of mana?st. Knowing the profound damage a reverse energy transversal would bring, he kneels over his brother, preparing for the caustic influx of pain.

(not the same as what he did with Eve. She was semi alive, so he did a normal transversal and just fed her the energy. This time he is straight out giving Serenol his life and core..)

As the transfer begins, all light is sucked into a vortex of dark magic; the vortex pulls nearly all of Ilythiirtar?s life magic into Serenol. His manipulations of the transversal quite well adept now, most of the party members were not profusely affected. All accept Mara and Eve, who freely allowed Ilythiirtar to extract their energies for Serenol. The flow of mana?st arched out in spectacular shadows of vigor, trailing off like a serpent?s tail, as Ilythiirtar supplied the last ounce of life into his brother, causing a rapid heart beat, and a whole lot of blood to spurt from Serenol and Ilythiirtar?s mouths. Ilythiirtar plagued with the overwhelming pain, now writhes on the ground, twitching as his well prepared body devours the pain, sucking it in, making him stronger?he continues to convulse for minutes before his muscles relax. The pain had only made him stronger; he rests, in need of much strength to continue?

The others just look on, not quite understanding what had taken place, Oblivion, the newest addition to their entourage of warriors, stood in the shadows, glaring at the entirety of the situation, eyes glinting as he hovers out to tend to Serenol.[/i][/color]