OtakuBoards

Siege of the Necromancer [RPG]

Phantom

[color=sienna][i]Ilythiirtar now wielding his Shin-bar, glows his happy translucent gray. Looking onwards at this brute balrog beast, its outline advancing at the group of fighters, Lacroix dives in first, being backed up by Alriy.

Ilythiirtar and Mara both jump behind the massive engorged beast, taking their blades to its legs. To their dismay, its legs obliterate their attacks and knock them both backwards. With one swift motion, Lacroix?s twinkle slips across the gigantor?s eyes, causing a red-green puss to spew forth. Jumping onto the beasts back, Alriy dances on the shoulders of the Balrog, striking it repeatedly in the face with his Sangre Barra.

Thar sat in the background, smiling at them, his face dark with a possessive evil. Raising his sword, he appeared behind Mara. Gripping her arm, he does the teleportation movement again, taking her behind some trees.[/i]

[b]Thar:[/b] ?I have waited a long time for this my dear!?

[b]Mara:[/b] (confused) ?Whaa??

[b]Thar:[/b] (in his last words) ?Your ?man? is now useless! You are mine!?

[i]In a quick second, Thar?s corrupted head spun free from his shoulders as a white blade swept through his sternoclavicular mastoid, letting the fraudulent black blood pour from the open neck?

The dark figure wielding the blade moved forth, catching Mara before she hit the ground in shock. His eyes black and subtle.[/i]

[b]Oblivion:[/b] (unreceptively) ?You are alright, this paladin was being influenced by that cursing necromancer. Fear not? I will help your husband.?

[b]Mara:[/b] (evidently still in shock) ?Ah?o?kay..?

[i]Oblivion glides forward into the battle scene, dismissing the others who were fighting the balrog, heading straight for Maria, seeing Serenol on the ground, under the day cloak. Oblivion makes his way, carefully to the scene.[/i][/color]

OOC: im just getting Obliv into our rpg.. he will build his history and his nilothakir's intervention as we move along... hehe...welcome again my friend.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[I]Oblivion advances into the battle, blade drawn, the sunlight glinting from it's sleek edge. His cape billows out behind him as he floats in next to Eve, who is riding gracefully on her unicorn.[/I]

[B]Oblivion:[/B] Hello there...

[B]Eve:[/B](cautiously) Who are you?

[B]Oblivion:[/B] Less talk more fight, I'll explain later.

[B]Eve:[/B] Deal, we'll see how good you are...

[I]Eve gets off her unicorn and they rush in on Maria's Soul, sword and daggers drawn. Both a battle ready and eager to fight. Oblivion swings his sword and it goes through her, and he takes a blow the the side. Eve strikes with her daggers, both missing, but she gets away safely.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Are you alright? That looked like a hard hit.

[B]Oblivion:[/B] I'll be fine, how about you?

[B]Eve:[/B] I'm good to go, let's go!

[I]They dodge a firery blast from Maria's Soul, and Eve tries to jam a dagger into her back. Oblivion thrusts forward his sword and a blast of Ki flies through the soul, allowing Eve to escape.[/I]

[B]Maria's Soul:[/B] This can't be happening! Skulls of Hell!!!

[I]Suddenly the ground splits, and Eve falls flat on her back, Oblivion swoops down and picks her up just as a fireball flies out of the orifice in the ground.[/I]

ooc: hey, Oblivion. My character is Elsyan the High Elf, and her companion is a little blue dragon named Runeth. Nice to meet you. ^_^ I also believe that Hunter had finished off Maria earlier, but I could be wrong, though. ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elsyan-Ready, Runeth?

Runeth-I'm ready.

[i]Runeth jumped off Elsyan's shoulder and grew to his full size as Elsyan hopped on his back and flew into the air above the Balrog. [/i]

Runeth-So [i]that's [/i]what a Balrog is. How do you kill them?

Elsyan-It's not easy.

Runeth-That sure tells alot...

Elsyan-Well, it's made of fire, so maybe a water or ice attack will work. Fly above it and I'll try to kill it with my Elemental Flare.

[i]Elsyan put her hands together as she concentrated her energy into a ball for several minutes. She was going to put all she had into this attack. Meanwhile, Runeth was dodging as the Balrog's fists were trying to knock them from the air. Finally, the attack was ready.[/i]

Elsyan-Elemental Flare: Ice Spear!

[i]Large amounts of energy that was in the shape of iceicles (sp?) shot directly towards the Balrog. The iceicles went right through it as the Balrog screamed in pain and was then frozen solid.[/i]

Elsyan-I hope that was enough. I don't have any energy left.

[i]Elsyan swayed as she fell asleep on her companions back. She hoped the Balrog was dead.[/i]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ooc: yeah yeah. I know it's a crappy post, but I have to leave in a few minutes so I'm rushing it.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Well well well. Welcome to the fold. And EFK, you read too much Forgotten Realms. But then, so do I..

IC:[I]Unfortunately, trying to freeze the fires of hell has yet to work. Within minutes, the balrog had melted the ice. The enraged beast roared and turned to face its tormentors. Two black flashes crossed its vision, and it spun, searching. Lacroix suddenly appeared, and sliced through the beast. The balrog's eyes opened wide, and it spin and attacked. This time, in desperation.
Again, it was distracted by two black flashes. It swiped, but was unable to strike whatever they were. And Lacroix delivered another punishing blow to the stomach. With Twinkle, again. The beast roared. This time, in fear. Runeth, bearing Elysan, backed off slightly, wondering what was harming he beast. Then the dragon noticed the wisps of steam trailing from Twinkle's blade.

Lacroix ducked a ravaging fist, spinning and leaping backwards so he came down behind the beast. The next thing seen was Twinkle exploding through the balrog. The balrog sagged slightly. The detonated in an explosive fireball. The fireshards flew nearly an inch, before halting, seemingly, in mid air. Lacroix stepped forward, Twinkle outstreched. The fire seemed to quench and a hiss of steam filled the air.[/I]

Lacroix: Ice element blade. The balrog was a creature of fire, but it's fire could not be quenched by ice alone. This blade was forged to deal death to demons of fire. It protects the wielder from fire, among other things.

[I]Lacroix suddenly laughs and looks at his blade.[/I]

Lacroix: And that's about all the damn thing is good for! Aside from being slightly sharper and stronger, and glowing, all it ever does it protect from fire. Really. You'd think, as a drow, I'd be able to scrounge up a decent weapon. I mean, really, drow enchant every weapon they make. Better then any other race alive. But what do I go find? Seriously. Not that I'd want anything else, but still...

[I]Lacroix looks up. Runeth has long since left. He looks around, the mutters a phrase under his breath. He raises his arm, and two ravens come to settle on it.[/I]

Lacroix: Raiett, Alastuin, my thanks as always.

[I]The ravens look at him, heads cocked slightly in uncanny understanding. They fly off, their ghostly passage making neither sound nor shadow. Lacroix sighs slightly, then decides to find the others.[/font][/color][/I]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]DnD, Forgotten Realms, it's all Wizards Of The Coast. We'll do something about that then.

IC:[I]Lacroix eventually notices Hunter's inert form, and quickly finds his wounds to be near mortal.[/I]

Lacroix: Damn it. You have my permission to scream. This is really going to hurt.

[I]Lacroix closes his eyes and holds his hands out. A spinning ball of black energy appears between his hands. Questing tendrils arc out, latching onto both Hunter and Lacroix. Both writhe in unimaginable agony. Those around them stare, transfixed. Eventually, Lacroix collapses. Hunter, his wounds healed, rose unsteadily to his feet. Hunter knelt down beside the drow, turning his over. Lacroix seemed merely unconscious, but his breathing was merely no existent.[/I]

Hunter: The idiot! He sacraficed life energy into healing. Rather neat trick though...

[I]Lacroix eyes flutter open, and he smiles wanly.[/I]

Lacroix: I'll ab alright soon.

[I]Lacroix reaches up to his face and pulls the tumbled mass of his black hair down. Along one temple is a streak of white. He curses faintly, then collapses back into unconsciousness.[/I]

Hunter: Vanity? Lacroix. Very unexpected...[/font][/color]

[b]Hunter:[/b]I'd rather come up against ten mohrgs then let an ally injure themselves for me again. Mara, please stop crying.

[i]He kissed his wife, realizing that as an elf, her child would be born in only a month. He picked her up, carrying her to AshenHyre, and the party followed, including the new arrival. Hunter stopped at the holy temple after putting Lacroix in a good inn. He picked up a package and handed it to Oblivion.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]I believe this is yours. I found it in the Temple of Light. I have no use for it. You may keep it.

My OOC Rant: Harlequin, Don't think you can off the demon without letting me have my fun! Hunter, It's amazing how someone can know when they are less then a day pregnant. Oblivion, Welcome! ^_^ anwyay, back to my post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alriy: Look out!!!

Obviously the balrog wasn't done quite yet, having been converged into a being of pure fire, it's physical form was destroyed by Lacroix's twinkle and it's soul was weakened yet not quite finished. The rest of the group ducked as alriys arms flew outward working his flare star power in reverse. Instead of creating the fire from inside, drawing it from another place.... Namely the balrog spirit. He had consumed the soul of the creature, taking it's enhanced speed and strength into him to further increase the power of his own. After leeching the demon of it's powers he released the baleful corrupted husk of what used to be a demons spirit onto the ground where it quickly dissovled into nothing.

Oblivion: They always have to come back for one final scare...

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: Hey, I got in first. And Phantom, you think that's good, try Ravenstorture and I...

IC:[I]As the balrog's soul disintergrated, the echoing waves sent out from such a destruction crossed even the bounds of unconsciousness. Trained to a mage's discipline, Lacroix settled what faculties he could, and engaged a psyche drain from the outpouring energy. The balrog's soul, driven by a lifetime of malice and darkness, is a steady fuel of energy to one who knows how to channel it. As lifeforce goes, Lacroix was quickly brimming with an almost dangerous level. More than enough to channel into healing anyway. Lacroix steeled himself for the pain, and enacted the spell.

When he awoke, he was in unfamiliar surroundings. His equipment was beside him. He get up, armed himself, and walked out. An inn. Lacroix retreated back to his room, resolving to leave in a somewhat...less noticeable fashion. He still didn't know exactly what he was doing here, and his companions were not in evidence.[/font][/color][/I]

OOC:Rant on[I believe that's THE CROW, Lacroix. nice pic though. And Arikel, trust me. Elven physiology has been assisted by magic, and you know about an hour after. I spend ALL my time studying elves, so trust me on this. Elves have the kid in a month. Damn, I hate having WAY too much free time! And...I offed Maria myself dammit! I said she freakin' fell dead! Do you NOT READ POSTS?!?] Rant off.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]Hunter stumbled through the doorway of his home, grabbing as many books he could on the Temple of Lost Souls, the resting place of his own Alaris. What he found was promising, but bleak. He would gain Alaris in the first room, but he and any others present at the reclamation would be sealed in with only one exit...the sky-light on the twentieth floor. And the temple was also the resting place of the Eight Physical Enhancement Accessories. It was tough, and would take a while.[/i]

ooc: nice pics. ;) And Hunter is correct about what he states about Elves. I also study them. ^_^
[i]Elsyan had awoken the day before from her unconcious state and was now up and about wandering around with Runeth on her shoulder again now that he had shrunken back to his smaller form. Presently, they were at a bar and Elsyan was sitting in a corner seemingly to be lost in though. Finally she spoke.[/i]

Elsyan-You know what, Runeth? Ever since the battle with the Balrog, I've been thinking about some things. Well, Mara just told me about what had happened after I went unconcious. The attack I did---

Runeth-It was a great attack, Elsyan. You almost defeated it.

Elsyan-but that's just it, Runeth. I [i]almost[/i] defeated it. Apparently, the battles are going to be alot tougher, and if I can't defeat a little Balrog, what good am I? So I was thinking, why don't we go and train for a while?

Runeth-It's a great idea, but I'll go only if you're sure you want to.

Elsyan-I'm sure. Let's go right now.

Runeth-but what about our friends? They won't know where we went.

Elsyan-I left them a note in my room. Come on!

[i]They exited the bar and the village entirely and went into the forest. They would keep walking until they had found the perfect spot miles away from any village to train.[/i]

OOC:Thanks kool aid. I appreciate the help.
------------------------------------------------------
[i]Hunter decided to build his body, knowing that the Pegasus Boots were known to drain physical stamina. He walked into his palace, kissed his wife, who didn't know she didn't have to be a queen just yet, and he thumped Ilythiirtar on his back.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]We need to train. And you, Mara, need to eat, rest, and get vitamins.

[b]Mara:[/b]Yes, but what about Nilothakir?

[b]Hunter:[/b]We'll think of something. When the baby is born, well... I want it to be born in a peaceful world.

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b]As do I. Umm...I have a question.

[b]Hunter:[/b]Yes?

[b]Ilythiirtar:[/b]Why does Eve's thought patterns reflect yours?

[b]Hunter:[/b]I don't know. Only siblings are supposed to be such.

[i]Hunter's mother, Serena, walked in, and she was somber. She looked up, and she hugged her son.[/i]

[b]Serena:[/b]I am sorry I never told you, Serenol. Your sister, whom you thought dead at birth, was sent away. Her name... was Manatsu no Eve.

[b]Hunter:[/b]Say WHAT!?!?!?

[i]Ilythiirtar and Hunter both fell backwards, Hunter fainted, and Ilythiirtar because he realized that he would soon be Hunter's brother-in-law. Eve merely stared at her mother...[/i]

OOC: Im not in this lil love war. All's I willest say is I love my darlign with al my heart and soul, more than anyhting and I shall always do so. heh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[COLOR=blue]
[I] Eves eyes widened tearing up. Then tears fallign they flashed to an angry red. Eve turned looking to the windown. Seeing she was a good sevral stories up, she turned abruptly.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Tell me "Mother" Why was I sent away. I have no Faimly. Raven is my brother. MY ONLY FAIMLY BESIDES MY DEAREST RYUU!

[I] Turning ot the glassless window again she jumped out it. At which the action Mara screamed, knowing the height.

Landing on Ryuus back they took off, her Unicorn running as fast as they flew in Ryuu's shadow.

Mara looked from the window as they flew on...[/I][/COLOR]

[I]Oblivion walks over to the bar and sits down.[/I]

[B]Bar Tender:[/B] What will it be for you?

[B]Oblivion:[/B] Oh, just some water I suppose. It's been a wild night...

[B]Bar Tender:[/B] Ok, one water comming up...

[I]The water slides down the bar and Oblivion catches it. He begins to sip slowly, thinking over the night.[/I]

[B]Oblivion:[/B](To himself) I wonder what made of that girl I rescued? I should have asked her where she lived and taken her there. Her life force seemed pretty strong anyways...

[I]Oblivion continues sipping the water.[/I]

[COLOR=blue][I]
A sudden pumbling shakes the inn and bar, as a few people scream.

Outside Eve jumps from Ryuus back, her unicorn commng ot a hault next to him.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Shatzen, namadeau balmoste!
( Stay here, don't move)

[I] Eve walked ot the door of the bar, throwing the doors open.

Noticing Oblivion she walked to him, grabbing the stool to his right. She looked up at the bartender.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Gimme a burbon on the rocks.

[B]Bartender:[/B] Comming right up miss.

[I] Turning to Oblivion Eve leaned over wispering in his ear..[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] After I have a few drinks theres something I needa show you.

[I] Oblivion nodded, lookign warily at her.

Eve lifted her head as the bartender slid her, her drink. Picking it up she chugged it down.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Bartender another!

[I] The bartender looked at her and went to getting her another drink. Eve turned to Oblivion again.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Well... I guess I'll fill you in on everyhting thats been happening.

[B]Oblivion:[/B] No need, I already know.

[I] Eve looked to him uncertinly. Shrugging she turned to catch her second drink. chugging it down as quickly as the first she stood. Tossing the bartender four golden coins, she walked out the bar, Oblivion paying for his water soon followed her.

Eve looked to Ryuu..[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Ryuu, go.

[I] The dragon nodded and took off. Looking to her Unicorn she jumped on its back and looked ot Ovlivion.[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Hop on

[I] Eyeing the creature for a moment, Oblivion hesitated then jumped to its back, holding Eve, sides lightly...[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] I advise you hang on!

[I] She kicked the Unicorns sides lightly as it took off, funning at lightning speed. Ovlivion held tightly ot Eves back, almost falling a few times.

Eve directed the unicorn, holding tightly to its mane, pullign slightly when she wanted to turn....

They raced through the forest, closing in on the palace the reached the gates and turned sharply, running along the wall, just to dart back in the forest, nearing the ocean...

Eve pulled back on its mane causing it to hault suddenly. Oblivion hit the ground. He stood up, spittign out sand, dusting him self off..[/I]

[B]Oblivion:[/B] You coulda warned me.

[B]Eve:[/B] Sorry.. hahah

[I] Eve jumped from its back and to the ground. She grabbed Ovlivions left arm with her right hand, pulling him back..[/i]

[B]Eve:[/B] *Wispering* .. you idoit! Don't walk out their! look!

[I] Oblivion turned looking just beyond the tree line. His eyes widened as he looked upon the scene. Dark Gnomes crawled all about the beach, over dead carcuses of animals and fish...[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] Makes your stomach turn dosent it?

[I] Oblivion nodded as his face showed his disgust. Eve motioned to the Unicorn. Nodding He jumped up after Eve, holding her slolders this time for better balance.

Eve kicked his sides lightly as he took off, raceing toward the palace...

reacking the gates the guards tried ot block their entrance...[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] I command you as your princess Manatsu No Eve LET ME IN!

[I] The guards not apealed by her words drew their weapons. Bad move to make on a pissy girl riding a Unicorn. The Unicorn reared up, almost knocking Eve and Oblivion off. It then charged at the gate knocking it down.

Eve saw Hunter and Illys faces emmerge from the window seeing what the commotion is. Lookign down upon Eve as she haulted the Unicorn looking yp at them..[/I]

[B]Eve:[/B] THERES TROBLE GET DOWN HERE NOW!

[I] They all rushed down grabbing their "gear" jumping on their horses, Oblivion still holding on to Eve's sides as she raced past the broken gate towards the beach, in to more danger than they know...[/I][/COLOR]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: If that is all it takes to make someone's stomach turn... This should be very fun. Oh, and how I look? Check my avatar...

IC:[I]Lacroix reared his horse, rather absurdly named Valerin, considering its restive nature, but Lacroix was like that somtimes, besides Eve's unicorn and enquired just what was the problem.[/I]

Lacroix: There is a reason for this?

Eve: Dark gnomes.

Lacroix: How many?

Eve: Enough to cover the beach.

Lacroix: Interesting. Are we running or fighting?

[I]His tone makes it rather obvious which he prefers.[/I]

Eve: We'll see what everyone else thinks.

[I]Lacroix shies his horse away. Eve laughs softly as she looks at the others. She could just hear Lacroix muttering something about democracy under his breath.[/font][/color][/I]

This may not be wat Harly thinks of his character..but these two pics are what I have came up with.....

[url]http://esphantomes.250free.com/images/lacroix1.jpg[/url]
(this one is the face ive always imagined!)

[url]http://esphantomes.250free.com/images/lacroix2.bmp[/url]
(comes complete with the dark elf drow look and TWINKLE!)

OOC:Nice avi, Harlequin.
-------------------------------------------------------------
[i]Hunter was still at the house, building his strength. Then, as he jumped down from his window to find Eve, he ran into his mother... and Nilothakir.[/i]

[b]Serena:[/b]I could never!

[b]Nilo:[/b]If you want to live, you will give me the chant for Vengeance!

[b]Serena:[/b]That chant will belong to my son, and if I die, he will inherit it through the dragon-blood in his veins!

[b]Nilo:[/b]He and his sister are dragon?

[b]Serean:[/b]Yes, as their father was a silver dragon. Now be gone!

[b]Nilo:[/b]No, elf! YOU be gone!

[i]Nilo grabbed Serena with his most powerful spell, Dejinir. The spell lifted Serena into the air, sucked enough oxygen from the air around Serena to cause great pain, but not enough to kill, and sent wave after wave of 100,000 volt lightning through her body. Serena crumpled and fell, dead.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]NOOOOO! MOTHER! You murdered my father, now you kill my mother! I will not allow you to take my last family from me!

[b]Nilo:[/b]Who? Your sister? Or your dear, precious dragon? Behold, Artea's final moments!

[i]Artea lay behind Hunter, her eyes tearing. She had a spear of ice in her chest. Hunter turned, but Nilo was gone. He returned his eyes to Artea, and made up his mind. As part dragon, he could invoke the Old Spell. He cut open his chest, transforming into his dragon-self.[/i]

[b]Hunter:[/b]Half my heart to make you whole, to follow the course of the ways of old.

[i]He reached into his chest, and pulled out part of his heartjewel. He removed the spear from Artea's chest, placed his heartjewel upon hers, and sealed the wound with his fire-magic. She looked up at him, crying. She used the human half of her heart to transform into a human. Hunter stood, amazed. He transformed, and she ran into his arms. She became a dragon again, and carried him to Mara's side, his energy spent.[/i]

[b]Artea:[/b]Don't worry, Hunter. We will destroy him.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]OOC: That second one doesn't seem to work. The first one however, is excellent. Just add in black hair, and a hooded cloak, and that is perfectly what I had in mind. Would you particularly object if I used that as a character pic in future?[/font][/color]