OtakuBoards

If you could be eneyone on Otaku Boards, who would you be?

anime goddess

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Harlequin [/i]
[B][font=gothic][color=crimson]Oh for Christ's sake people. You cannot ride a kangaroo. Tch, riding kangaroos. Ridiculous.[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]The next thing you know they'll be making other excuses like "Eee! I want to hug the koalas!!!!" ...then arrive in Australia and be ripped to shreds by their claws ^_^;[/color]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anakin Solo
Lets see, I would have to be.....maybe Altron or Seph. Grown to respect them over the past year.

[color=darkblue]
I know it's probably not possible, but I would still love to ride a kangaroo :D

I still wouldn't mind being PiroMunkie...or Herman/Neil/Vegitto4/Amphion/Anyone But Me for their graphic skills :D
[/color]

Guest Morph
Hm.. Its not possible, Atleast If the kangaroo is a bunch of times bigger its impossible.

Aries, my graphical skillz are better than theirs but I'm not gonna brag, I just don't like to show my gfx much. Ask Herman, he has seen some of my work, but it was early stuff, and I'm too lazy to make new graphics now. I dunno why, I just don't want to make 'em anymore. DON'T HURT ME! I'M INNOUNCENT!!!

its obvious ppl ment it more as a joke.
everyone knows you can't ride a kangaroo.YYou prob couldnt get close to one.
LIke this funny story i heard about a kangaroo escaping from a chinese circus it nocked out a couple people and it took two policmen to take it out with their judo skills.
I think people were just having a little fun.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hybrid [/i]
[B]Hm.. Its not possible, Atleast If the kangaroo is a bunch of times bigger its impossible.

Aries, my graphical skillz are better than theirs but I'm not gonna brag, I just don't like to show my gfx much. Ask Herman, he has seen some of my work, but it was early stuff, and I'm too lazy to make new graphics now. I dunno why, I just don't want to make 'em anymore. DON'T HURT ME! I'M INNOUNCENT!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
Meant to say you too :D And TN, and wrist cutter.

I suck compared to all these people :nervous:
[/color]

[quote][i]Originaly posted by James[/i][b][color=royalblue]
I think very few of you know anything about kangaroos...[/color][/b][/quote]
[color=indigo]Nope. The only thing I know is that they were named, because when white explorers came to Australia, one of them asked an Aborigine, ?what is this hopping creature called?? The native replied: ?Kangaroo? which meant, I don?t understand.

I know about Koalas, though. VERY, VERY little, but more than the average person. Lesse, their genus species is [i]phascolaarctos cineros[/i], they have sharp claws(as BG mentioned), they can be found in the eucalyptus forests of Australia, both in the north and south, on the east side of Australia. I believe in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.

All they eat are eucalyptus leaves, which smell like cough drops, because a lot of cough drops have eucalyptus in them(duh). Although they only eat eucalyptus leaves, they will eat 12 kinds of eucalyptus leaves. They sleep a LOT, because the eucalyptus in their diet has a special chemical that induces drowsiness.

The aren?t bears, but part of the marsupial family(I think y?all know that). They were named because they rarely, or don?t drink. The Aborigines called them koala because it means [i]no drink[/i].

Their enemies are dingoes, domesticated dogs, and humans. They aren?t endangered species, but they are a threatened species, protected by the government. They are down to a few thousand in numbers because of disease, killing for fur(which is now outlawed), and fires in the 20?s.

And this last one, James, if you contradict this one, I?ll have to whack you. *looks at ?ADMINISTRATOR? title* or maybe not. heh. lol. What I was going to say was that there ARE signs on the road that say to watch out for Koalas because they live in nearby trees. I KNOW they have signs like that. I would BET MY LIFE that they have signs that say that! Ok?

Thus ends my koala rant. :D :p[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]The next thing you know they'll be making other excuses like "Eee! I want to hug the koalas!!!!" [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]Don't be widiculous. I want to snorkle wid all the cuddwy snuggwy pwatypusses!

^^;;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Harlequin [/i]
[B][font=gothic][color=crimson]Oh for Christ's sake people. You cannot ride a kangaroo. It is basically impossible. It just doesn't work. And Liam, that panther rumour has been around for years now. When the hell are they going to prove it? Tch, riding kangaroos. Ridiculous.God, what misapprehensions do you people have about us Australians? Really. (quote by some random American comes to mind. "You'r an Australian huh? For an Australian, you speak pretty good English." No jest. This is an actual quote.)

If any asiding Raven or Jesus Chicken (alright, alright), I would be Phantom or EFK, for their amazing writing skills.

10th time...[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actual quote:

Australian: So...you're American?
Canadian: No, I'm from Canada.
Australian: Isn't that part of America?

;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I think very few of you know [i]anything[/i] about kangaroos...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I do know that if you hit a fully grown grey at 110kmph in a Prado without bullbars, the stupid thing will get up and hop away.:cross:

The whole 4wd shook with the force of the hit, front was slightly dented but not too much damage

_______

The fact of the panther has been somewhat proven, photographs, footprints. But you really can't say they exist until you get stalked and eaten by one in NSW o_O;;;

Guest cloricus
Just a few things about koalas as well. (And I don't know if this has been said because I'm too cheap to read up the page to far...)

There is a 200 dollar (AU) fine for killing a koala.
They smell really really bad.
The road signs are there because koalas do cross roads and very very often get hit because motorists don?t expect it....
In fact so many koalas get hit there are two koala hospitals in Brisbane area (QLD, AU) alone. They are always filled...
Never go near a koala, it will kill you if you threaten it. (FULL STOP)

Kangaroos, yes it is possible to ride a red kangaroo and may be a grey but I'm never heard of any one doing that.
I did a history thing in year six about Australian explorers (most of you would of done something like that.) and the group I did mine on rode some red kangaroos to get to where they had to go after there horses died in the out back...

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Australia's an idiotic country. You expect that. A country who's leader goes on about Australi being its best friend however...

You could killed by a platypus just as easily you realise. A male anyway.

Please people. Enough with the Australian wildlife. If you had any contact with it, you'd know they're nasty, annoying creatures.

13th time... [/font][/color]

However, if you do wish to get up close to some of our wildlife, please do it through some form of zoo, or visit Steve Irwin's own Zoo up at Beerwah Northen Queensland.

As foolish as he may seem on TV, he does actually know alot about animals and has managed to create a substantial Australian wildlife Zoo.

Please don't quote me on that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]I think it was all just a harmless joke, Harlequin.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=purple]It was. I don't think I'd ever have the courage to even try to ride a kangaroo. Besides, I'd be much too worried about putting stress on it's hips and spine. Koalas I'd just rather admire from a far. Preferably, from the ground, standing still, in one spot, watching them in their natural habitat. As for the platypuses, I'd be happy watching them swim and taking pictures. It's not often you see a mammal thats lays eggs, there are only two species.

My isn't it wonderful how much spam is in this thread?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by roxieortatiana [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Nope. The only thing I know is that they were named, because when white explorers came to Australia, one of them asked an Aborigine, ?what is this hopping creature called?? The native replied: ?Kangaroo? which meant, I don?t understand.

I know about Koalas, though. VERY, VERY little, but more than the average person. Lesse, their genus species is [i]phascolaarctos cineros[/i], they have sharp claws(as BG mentioned), they can be found in the eucalyptus forests of Australia, both in the north and south, on the east side of Australia. I believe in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.

All they eat are eucalyptus leaves, which smell like cough drops, because a lot of cough drops have eucalyptus in them(duh). Although they only eat eucalyptus leaves, they will eat 12 kinds of eucalyptus leaves. They sleep a LOT, because the eucalyptus in their diet has a special chemical that induces drowsiness.

The aren?t bears, but part of the marsupial family(I think y?all know that). They were named because they rarely, or don?t drink. The Aborigines called them koala because it means [i]no drink[/i].

Their enemies are dingoes, domesticated dogs, and humans. They aren?t endangered species, but they are a threatened species, protected by the government. They are down to a few thousand in numbers because of disease, killing for fur(which is now outlawed), and fires in the 20?s.

And this last one, James, if you contradict this one, I?ll have to whack you. *looks at ?ADMINISTRATOR? title* or maybe not. heh. lol. What I was going to say was that there ARE signs on the road that say to watch out for Koalas because they live in nearby trees. I KNOW they have signs like that. I would BET MY LIFE that they have signs that say that! Ok?

Thus ends my koala rant. :D :p[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

You must have been watching the same show that I did. And your right about the signs.
------------------------------------

I would like to be flash, or maybe even thimoc, but only to see what goes on inside of his little head. Other than that I think everyone is cool and it would be to hard to choose.

By the way, there is too much methane in australia because all the kangaroos fart to much. That's all for todays daily tip.

Guest pyro_kai
i would be arikel cause he says SCHWANZ and thats the cool word of the week and pm me with sugestions for the cool word of the week

[color=red]I'd have to be Sephiroth...he's got the best avatars, the best banners, and I'd be the only person besides him to get near his precious Sushi! HA HA HA HA HA!!!

And, hey, why doesn't anyone want to be me? Geez, what gratitude...

;) ...just kidding about that last part folks...

--JC[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zidane11 [/i]
[B]Yeah.... and why wouldn't anyone want to be me? Because of my name. Duh!!! j/k. I wouldn't mind being anyone who has actually been here for a while. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]i'm closing in on my 2 years here verrrry quickly... [/COLOR]

Guest Morph
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=indigo]i'm closing in on my 2 years here verrrry quickly... [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=indigo] Heh, I will be here for 1 year on September 12th I think. Well I know its in September.[/size][/color]

I don't know about that. Sure, there were fewer rules--and the ones that existed weren't exactly enforced--but there were also a lot fewer people, and everything was less active.

Reaching 1000 posts used to be a big deal. oO; Not only did more people care about their post count, but they cared about other people's posts counts. I guess Nerdsy could probably even name the top ten posters of v2, and the first ten people to reach 1000 posts. He's weird that way. :whoops: