Jump to content
OtakuBoards

What's the must-see movie of the summer?


Recommended Posts

Posted
What movie is the must-see movie of the summer?
what movie are you dying to see?
I'd have to say a tie between Austin Powers- Goldmember, or jwanna mann... I just saw Men in Black II, soooooo...:whoops:
Posted
Blah. I don't know if this can be included, but everyone should see Minority Report.

Out of this summer otherwise... well it all sucks really. The only two movies I want to see are Party Monster (a strange story of a rock star with Culkin and Manson) and One Hour Photo (another where Robin Williams is the bad guy...assuming this comes out soon, I don't know the date). That's really it.
Posted
I saw that movie yesterday, and as far as Tom Cruise goes, that is his best after Vanilla Sky, that movie was awesome too.
Anyways, yes, everyone should go and see Minority Report, really good Sci-Fi.
Posted
I dont really have much interest in the movies that are out right now. I saw MIB II but it was no where near as good as the first one. Im just sitting back and waiting for the Matrix II and T3.
Posted
I'm probably going to be made fun of for saying this but....

Everyone should go see Lilo & Stitch.
I was dragged along with my friend and her boyfriend to the movie.
It was absolutly hilarious.
It was great and funny and...
::Notices people straing at him::
::Clears throat::
Anyway just go and see it...
Posted
[color=darkblue]
It's true though...there's not many great movies this summer. >remembers last summer< Wow, there were alot of good movies. Anyway, I guess I'll go see Austin Powers, but that's about all.
[/color]
Posted
Uhhh...Probably Eight Legged Freaks. I hate spiders and I thought it just might scare the sh--- crap out of me. Also, I want to see Austin Powers- Goldmember. I still havent seen MIIB and I want to see that. But, Im not sure about Lilo and Stitch.
Posted
I'd prolly have to say the movies that I still need to see are

Lilo and Stitch
MIBII
Powerpugg Girls
Juwanna Man

aaaaaaaaaaaand....that should do it, I think ^_^
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]"The Country Bears" looks like an intense intellectual thrillride to me. It's probably the best movie of the summer. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
:laugh: That's hillarious (you were kidding...right? Wouldn't seem like you to be seriousabout that :p)
[/color]
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]DAMN YOU JESUS CHICKEN! There's is no way I'm seeing the damn movie now...

I'd say the latest Frankie Goes To Hollywood film clip... wait, this is past the turn of the century you say?


I'll leave now...[/font][/color]
Guest Negative
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]"The Country Bears" looks like an intense intellectual thrillride to me. It's probably the best movie of the summer. [/B][/QUOTE]
:laugh: That is great, the funniest thing I have heard all summer.
On a slightly more serious note this summer I will probably be seeing MIB 2, it looks pretty good. Plus, it'll give me something to do. For movies I have already seen, Lilo and Stich is seriously a great movie. One of the greatest comedies as of late, not to mention it's the best Disney movie ever. :)
Posted
I'll probably go and see Lilo & Stitch eventually, but the movies I really want to see are MIB II, Master of Disguise, and Halloween Resurrected (I don't know why. I'm scared to death of Mike Myers movies. :nervous: )
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[color=teal]I really think that the must-see for this summer is Austin Powers in Goldmember. I mean, I have seen the rest of this summer's "hits" and they were nothing special. Big Daddy was better than Mr. Deeds, Men in Black was better than the sequal, and Scooby Doo was...well, Scooby Doo.

I think Austin Powers is going to be the best because of the comedy. All of the previous titles kept me laughing the whole way through, and so far, this one does too, from the previews. Like how Austin can't stop saying "mole," how the goldmember dances, the way we get to meet Austin's dad, the return of every halarious villian ples a few extra, and how we even get to see Austin mini. Oh my god, I so have to see that movie the date and time that it first comes out in my local theatre.[/color]

:blah:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkOrderKnight [/i]
[B]
Everyone should go see Lilo & Stitch.
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][size=1]Rock on with your bad self! *cough* Um...yeah...:rolleyes: I have to agree with DOK. Who wouldn't want to see a four-armed alien/dog in handcuffs talking about family? I would!(Course, I'm a geek, so...*whistle*)[/color][/size]
Guest nttblcyss
Posted
I really wanna see M2B, n Austin Powers- Goldmember, well, I'm gonna see M2B this Sat. But anyways, I think Austin Powers-Goldmember and Man in Black 2 will be very nice to see during this Summer.
Posted
[url]http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/one_hour_photo.html[/url]

That's the page on One Hour Photo, which looks quite good. I read mixed reviews of the script, but it seems like the movie might come together. Robin Willams proved in Insomniac that he could play a crazy bad guy really well.

I can't find much on Party Monster, but here is a preview I found:

Set in the New York nightclub scene of the late 1980's and 1990's, this is the story of Michael Alig (Culkin), a Club Kid party organizer originally from Indiana, whose extravagant life was sent spiralling downward when he boasted on television that he had killed his drug dealer and roommate, Angel Melendez (Cruz). (Seth Green plays Alig's best friend, James St. James, and the film's narrator; Scarwid plays Alig's mother).

The movie stars Macully Culkin, Seth Green, Mariltn Manson, Wilmder Valderamma (Fez from That 70s Show), John Stamos, Lucy Liu, Wilson Cruz and some others.

Those are my 2 movies I'd like to see. Men in Black 2 and Austin Powers look good... but not enough for me to go see them. I still want to see Powerpuff Girls, but no one will go lol.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I still want to see Powerpuff Girls, but no one will go lol. [/B][/QUOTE]
yay, another Powerpuff Girls fan :D! it's gonna be a great movie. but I've got the same problem, none of my friends wanna see it either :cross:

but if I can't convince them to go after all, Reign of Fire might be good. I just hope it's not a Jurassic Park parody or something...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...