OtakuBoards

A game you've never been able to beat.....

Krillen

Are there any gamers out there that think they are the Gaming Gurus but still have a game that has kept them stuck?

Well I have, it was Super Mario Brothers: Thelost levels, World 7 in the castle, you know, the one with the maze and stuff you have to get through to get to bowser. Oh man I could never figure out what to do, of course I was 5 or 6,lol.

What about you guys?

Both me and my dad were stuck on Mystery Quest for a long
time. Then, after years, we found out how to run! A game that I
haven't beaten to this day, however, would be Mad Max. Both
are for Regular Nintendo.

For the NES, the only game I wasn't able to beat was Bart vs. The Space Mutants (The museum level). I had no idea what to do with that T-Rex...and for the SNES...Super Nova b/c every time I die, which happens at some point or another, I shut off the game since all my precious powerups are gone.

[color=indigo]Hmm... Actually, I can't think of any games that I haven't been able to beat... There are some that I just stopped playing because I got tired of them, but I can't think of any that I gave up on because I got stuck. ...Oh, wait, there is one game, but it's on the PC. It's The Secret of Monkey Island, an old LucasArts adventure game. I gave up after trying every item I have on everything in the area that I'm stuck in, and every item I have on every other item that I have. (No, I'm not exaggerating, I actually did that and nothing worked). Actually, the CD for the game is sitting right next to me, on my desk. Maybe I'll get it out and try it again some time...[/color]

Man, it's kind of hard to think in a situation like this....after all, I've played so many games in my life.

But....if it must to be something, it would be Bubbleman from "Megaman: Doctor Wily's Revenge". The worst part was the fact that you had to beat four others just like him in order to access Dr. Wily himself.

I can't beat Star Ocean 2 because it freezes on me when I GO to the final boss!! I hate that! Shame on me buying a used copy.

But other than that, I don't think I have a game that I've never been able to beat.

Alrighty, I've beaten all my games........... except most of adventure games. I don't know where to begin except I STINK at adventure games!!!

Dragon Warrior 2 because it's the most difficult, unclear, frustrating and non-linear RPG I've played that I can remember.

There are a lot of games I haven't beat, generally only because I didn't think they were worth my time. SaGa Frontier, Kouldeka and Silver are good examples of that.

[color=royalblue]I can't beat Gradius IV...mainly because you can't actually save during the game. lol

So you have to beat it all in one sitting, pretty much. It's DAMN tough...one of the toughest games I've ever played.

Super Mario Bros. is also pretty tough. Once you pass World 8-4...it starts getting nasty. lol[/color]

One game that I could never beat is Donkey Kong 64. I beat the end boss but i could not get all the Golden Bananas. I have I think about 5 more bananas to go. But I finlay gave up after not being able to get the last ones.

[color=darkblue][size=1]Bart Versus the Space Mutants. I don't remember where I got stuck, but I believe that it was during the last level.

I have never beated Dragon Warrior. Not because it is a hard game, but because of the fact that my game gets deleted by my brother every time I try to play it. Plus the main character walks too slowly... which is my main complaint with the game.[/color][/size]

Battletoads for the nes. I love the game but it's so freakin hard. I have the first 5 or so levels mastered almost to the point that I can beat them without any mistakes. But you need to know the every level by heart before you can even come remotely close to beating it. Unless, of course you have a reaction speed faster than the speed of light.

I agree that Bomberman Generations is tough. I thought it would be sickeningly easy, but it's just not. Mainly because it's not usually obvious what you are supposed to do next. It is also a pain to time bombs correctly. It's fun though, and really all I care abour was the multiplayer anyway.

I am stuck on (dont laugh) Power Rangers: The Movie (The Game) for my SNES I could never get past like the 3th level me and my brother slaved over the game for hours and never got past the third level. I still go back to theg ame every once and a while and try but always die. I think the game might have been multi-platform but am almost sure it was a SNES exclusive title.