OtakuBoards

Role Models of Otaku Boards

Zidargh

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter[/i]
[B]And who do you think introduced him to J-music? -_-[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Well it looks like he beat you to the punch here, lol. Oh, I'm sorry, would you rather me praise you for introducing TN to J-Music, so that by a twisted turn of events he then introduced it to a majority of this board? Well, I think praise would be to much. I'll give you some thanks, I guess... :rolleyes:[/color]

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]Well it looks like he beat you to the punch here, lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

Which punch would that be? There's only a small percentage of people here that actually listen to Japanese music.

Don't try to give me your ****, I never asked for or wanted your praise.

Well, I should rephrase who introduced me to J-rock, Laruku...my god damned favorite band alive.. hehe.. i sorta asked bout it.. so ..hmm.. yeah..it was WristCutter though... who listed the band and titles, so bleh...useless post.. just tryin to boost yar' ego.. hehe hoped it worked in some minute subliminal way ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Which punch would that be? There's only a small percentage of people here that actually listen to Japanese music.

Don't try to give me your ****, I never asked for or wanted your praise. [/B][/QUOTE]

Cool it, we don't need that kind of language. And [i]don't[/i] bypass the cussing censors.

Ok, we'll hand out warnings for you James.

More people:

Rae: For making me even more of an insane person than I already am.

Queen Asuka: Hey. She's Queen of the Plushies. No more needs to be said.

Darkmoon: I'm putting you in here even though I don't really know you. I know what it feels like to be underappreciated. (right now I'm on three lists. I feel oh-so-loved.)

[color=royalblue]Nobody's putting words in your mouth, wrist cutter.

You are the one who stepped in and made the "I listened to J-music first!" style comment. And when someone picks up on that, you jump all over them.

You really have to learn to be a little nicer to people if you want to stick around. I tend to find that you post very well when you put aside the attention seeking stuff.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]You are the one who stepped in and made the "I listened to J-music first!" style comment. And when someone picks up on that, you jump all over them.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I did something out of pure instinct: wanting to take credit for something I've done that's helped (if you'd think of it that way) others. It was stupid of me (hence the second part of the post), but I did it anyway. It was stupid. I admit my mistake there. But God help me if I'm the only one who enjoys getting credit for such things.

Using one evil word doesn't really constitute "jumping all over" someone as I see it, but another "oh well". Now maybe we'll stop being off-topic, which is a big no-no anyway.

[color=royalblue]I don't think anyone's jumping down your throat...and I think you understand the mentality of many of your posts.

As long as you understand that you need to be a bit more respectful of people sometimes...then that's all I can ask for. Other than that, you tend to follow the rules pretty well. It's just that there are some instances where I notice posts with slightly venomous undertones.[/color]

seeing how i was mentioned 3 times (....thats the most in...well forever.....)
i will put up mine..and i am rateing them but thats jsut cause of how ive gotten to know them

#1: Shaun31us = he is my brother and as a few who really know him say "love ya"

2: Ginnylyn and SHYGUY

3: shystor NERDSY and hyper shadow

4: darkmoon and iggy

5: and all the others who know me so well like calumon luver

I've got a couple more to add (I'll add them on here if that's okay because I doubt anyone'll go back to read my first post):

Digital_Monster, because she was there for me when I needed to talk to her. Very nice person.
Ginny, for her great art and general niceness
Everyone on the digimon forum who speaks to me (shaun, iggy, blackgatomon, Blanko, calumon_luver, rokas, Nuchlear, sorry if I've missed anyone), and Deus_Ex_Machina for being intelligent and respectful.
And Juu for being the first person who asked me to be on her buddy list! Thanks!

I'm not doing this in the hope of getting mentioned. These people deserve credit and that's why I'm putting their names up- not because they're the most likely to give thanks to me in return, because I really haven't done much that deserves thanks. Thus, I'm not expecting any.

[color=darkred] Well, I'll add some now...I'm not sure how long this'll be...

Liamc2: He introduced us to the boards. Besides, he put up with me when I had no idea what I was doing...and when my brains turned to mush from days of mental inactivity.

The Unholy Newt: He hasn't been around for a while, though I think he's back now. He [i]really[/i] introduced me to the boards. It was Liam who introduced him to the boards. (Therefore our obsession is all [i]Liam's[/i] fault)

Juuthena: I didn't really talk to her much, although I do talk to her now. She was one of the first people I saw on the boards.

Mist: I haven't seen her for a while, however, she was the very [i]first[/i] person I talked to. She explained to me what the holes in the envelopes meant.

Mnemolth: A pretty wise guy. He knows what he's talking about...or he bull****s really well. I admire both qualities. Either way, he's made it here.

Cera: I haven't talked to her before, but she's got some really good writing under her belt. Unless she doesn't wear a belt, in which case, she can have it stored in a box somewhere.

Sere Tuscumbia: She's insane. What can I say? I admire that. Actaully, it sort of reminds me of me...

Cloricus: I don't really see him as a role model...but he's not afraid to express his opinion. Of course, sometimes that can get a little annoying...

James and Adam: They made this place. They moderate it, keep it a [i]lot[/i] better than most boards, and have made this place great. Besides which, they have some interesting opinions.

Ravenstorture: She's got some great writing, too, and is a really good RPGer.

The Harlequin: You can't have Raven with The Harlequin. He's a brilliant RPGer, who makes quality posts all the time.

Raiha: Another brilliant RPGer. I've only just met her, but she's one of the best people I know.

Stormwing: I'm in a lot of RPG's with her, and I'm glad to be. She'll liven the situation easily.

DeathKnight: I've talked to him once. He told me (jokingly, I think) he killed people for Oreo's. I've never in my life [i]tasted[/i] an Oreo, so I don't know why. However, he's another good RPGer.

Lady Macaiodh: One of the best posters here. She [i]always[/i] makes quality posts, and I know everyone hopes she gets through things all right.

Final Flash: He's big brother. There's been hours (or minute, hours just sounds better) reading OBB, and he's the guy to thank for that.

Baby Girl: Great Mod. She always makes the Newbies feel welcome in the Newbie threads, and stears them in the right direction.

Phantom: Another person I've never spoken to, but admire greatly. He's got some really good poems.

SuperSayian: He taught me leet. I can't type it, but I can read it.

AnimeLover: Very good in the writing part of things, and he gives good constructive critism at the same time as he's encouraging you.

Transtic Nerve: Never spoken to him, but I've sent myself to tears laughing at some of his posts, especially in the secrets thread.

Aries: Really great RPGer. Really nice person.

*twitch* If I do anymore, I'll feel stupid. There are so many great people in here, its really hard to distinguish. [/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Personally, I think you're all crazy.... The fact that my rpgs are all basically the same thing should at least [I]start[/I] to dissuade you from that good rpger style comment. I think Kool Aid got it most right, vocabulary. I'm good at that....

Anyway, for anyone who's wondering about the point of this post, I'm just here to say; "Mnemolth, I [I]will[/I] find out where you live one day.".

32nd time....[/font][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][color=darkred]the holes in the envelopes[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

The whats in the what-whats??

I think I'll add a few more I've thought of.

Lady Asphyxia and Sere Tuscumbia: The Newbie Forum Patrol. Not a single thread goes un-noticed in the Newbie Forum, while they're on watch.

Sephiroth: I don't know if I put him in my last one (can't see it on the thread history), but he's a cool guy.

DeathKnight and SuperSaiyan: Sometimes I think these two have a bit of an attitude problem, but despite that fact they are cool guys who usually know what they're on about. Pretty creative, too.

[color=darkred] Harlequin, its not so much about the fact that your plot is the same, its the imagery(sp?) that you manage to get across, and it makes your posts and plot seem different. Sure, it ties into vocabulary. And if you don't want to post in here, I suggest you do what I do for art and design and banner/avitar and try to stop reading in this forum...

Deus: The holes in the envelopes. When you've posted in a thread, there'll be a black hole in the envelope. When I first came to the boards, I didn't know what they meant, because, although there are signs at the bottom, it doesn't tell you what the holes mean. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][color=darkred]Deus: The holes in the envelopes. When you've posted in a thread, there'll be a black hole in the envelope. When I first came to the boards, I didn't know what they meant, because, although there are signs at the bottom, it doesn't tell you what the holes mean. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Aha!! Those holes!!! And that's what they mean!!!!

Woopee! I learned two things at once!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Agreed. No need to get all defensive. We all know you're the "king" of Japanese music. :rolleyes:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]No one cares either..[/size][/color]

[color=sienna]In the undertone of this grand scale list of admiration, we yet prove our human qualities evermore. Let us continue coursing praise, to all those who do need the boost of ego.

I think officialy, the wrist cutter situation got out of hand. Agreed, one minor obscenity is not going to bring the wall down, and nor will declaring a threat to somone who made a mistake. It takes a lot of head splitting courage to admit when your wrong. I admire Wrist Cutter's ability to suck it up, relinquish his pride and appologize, meanwhile not dropping all pride and ...shizz... i admire that.

For the rest of you, this was a lesson in human nature... :)
'
and j00 better shut y'earr mouf Flynn...i look up to u alll the time.. friggy guy heh.. sorry..

Lady Asphyxia: ...you rawk! .. hehe..[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyan_monkey [/i]
[B][color=blue][size=1]Let's see...I've only got a few for now, can't think of anyone else...

[b]Mist:[/b] For the fact that she was able to become an Otaku in only a few months. Now that's good:)

BTW: Has anyone seen Mist lately? She hasn't posted for a while[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] She just moved someplace and her parents are going through a divorce, at least from what she has told me. So that's where she vanished to.[/color]

[quote][color=royalblue]I don't think anyone's jumping down your throat...and I think you understand the mentality of many of your posts.

As long as you understand that you need to be a bit more respectful of people sometimes...then that's all I can ask for. Other than that, you tend to follow the rules pretty well. It's just that there are some instances where I notice posts with slightly venomous undertones.[/color][/quote]

[color=red] You do need to be a little less brash and undermining when you post, wrist cutter. Although I've learned to accept you for who and how you are, not everyone is going to walk around with a chipped shoulder from you and just keep it. Although you really don't bother me that much anymore, since I've understood that the way you act on here is either a facade, or the real you, but you need to understand that people get offended easily and hastily.

OtakuBoards is a place where good manners are in most cases--needed. So if you don't try to be a little less brash, then I am most certain that you will be banned. And I don't want that, you are a good person, that is, when you want to show it.

So please, wrist cutter, be a little less brash. Not for me, but for everyone on these boards, as well as for yourself.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Get over yourself on that one, lol.

Anyway, on to more important things--I respect you Shinobi. ^^

Your posts in Project Gamer are even cool. The Dr. Evil stuff was hilarious.

I think that it's important to remember that this thread isn't asking about which members we respect. A role model is slightly broader than that. I'm sure that the lists would be much longer if the topic was asking about respected members.

Hmm, I'll bet you that if there's another one of these threads a year from now, you'd find your way onto a lot of the lists. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, i didnt know all those posts can occur ina couple of days, heh, but i thank you very much, and i do agree with the respect - role model thingy. I appreciate the compliments, i thank you very much, i like mostly everyone as i said, and respect even more! Thank you

PS Cheers again CWB.....Hah still love your sig! lol

I got a couple to add as well.
Devidramon: Always comes up with stuff that makes me think. And you type as much as I do! hehe:)
Pyrophobic: Proves that differences are worth having. Her style is a real attribute to the digimon forum. Stay cool, Pyro!

*Starts glowing*

I've been mentioned twice! I feel much happier now and less invisable. I guess I'll put up my own list now. They are in no paricular order.

1.mystikal- You are a true friend both on the computer and in real life/school. Very funny and a great artist. Never seen you angery and you always seem to have a smile on. I consider you one of my best friends.

2. iggy (slightly annoyed at you right now but anyways)- For being the second person I met on the boards. Fun to chat with and give's advice (not alway's usefull but you try and that's all that matters:p)

3. Calumon-Lover - She is a nice person to talk to and very imaginative.

4. Blanko- she is the very first person on these boards that I've met and talked to. Helps me out and gives useful advice.

5. MathGuy2- Very helpful and are always willing to lend a helping hand.

That's just a small handful of the people I consider friends on these boards. Some of the rest are in my sig.

I consider everybody on these boards a friend and helpful in their own way (otherwise I would not have hung around here this long).
I respect all the Mods and Admin's. I consider some of them sorta like role-model's I guess.

[font=chiller]

WOW! On three peoples lists. I didn't even think three people knew who I was on these boards. Seriously, I feel invisable most of the time on these boards, but that isn't a reason to leave. I can't make everyone notice me, that is just selfish. The only time I have felt like everyone noticed me was whenever my parents divorced and I was very glad that everyone did notice me and come with advice and help. I was so happy. That is all I need though. Thanks to the people that put me on their lists, it was greatly appreciated.[/font]