OtakuBoards

Role Models of Otaku Boards

Zidargh

[CENTER][IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4713/briefcasekz5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Well it seems this may be he right time to make a thread like this as it is a good year of Otaku Boards being completely rejuvenated.

Really, i think people deserve credit on Otaku Boards, and i and hopefully others will state who they respect on the otaku Boards and their reasons why. I dont know if someone was planning to make it and event, but either way I think opinions should be made. This is not a place for people to criticise people so you know. Well lets see how this progresses. (Thankyou James for your permission;))

People I'd like to post about=
[COLOR=darkblue]James and Adam= They're both our fathers here, and their help and work for Otaku Boards is phenomenal, I'd like to show my respect for them.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Crazy White Boy= He's a very good friend on these boards and a very skilled moderator, in which he always keeps an eye out in the SONY forum and even has people help him.(Though they just do it, he doesnt ask lol) Also he has created a very successful RPG, Project Gamer.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Cloud= Also another very good friend on these boards in which even though he lives in Canada and me in England, I feel very close to him. He also deserves his position as a Moderator from his work, and he is open and honest which I like.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Shy Guy= The last person I'd like to thank is Shy Guy for his efforts and him actually accepting me in Project Gamer with his party. [/COLOR]

Hmm that is about it, be open and you are free to express yourself.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James and Adam defintely deserve a thx for actually starting thses boards. Keeping them going, and expanding as well.

Sephiroth.......SuperSaiyan......PiroMunkie......

All of them have wodnerfull insights all the time. Justin as well.

I must thank LM for all the help she has given me, speaking of which, I need to talk to her.

Bg as well, remember this summer, amy, patrick.....yeah, she'll know what that means, thx babe.

I also see TN as somewhat of a role model. He always keeps things spicy

[color=red] I respect all of the people upon these boards with equal like as long as they state their opinions and just be themselves. I've made quite a lot of numerous friends friends here, a few here and there-Crazy White Boy, James I suppose, Phantom, The Harlequin, Aries (seems he's been weighted down with school lately),Cera, LM,Juuthena, Mist, Noryko AngelCry, Elite, Shy Guy, Dark Apocalyps, RIco Tranzrig, Duo God of Death, Mnemolth, Adam, MathGuy2, Lady Asphyxia, Ravenstorture, and so many more I can't think of at this moment. James of course deserves much of my respect for starting these wonderful boards...but, yeh, I have respect for everyone, even if I don't like their opinions, I don't hate them (Ex. DeathKnight), nor will I ever. As long as people give me respect, I will give it back.[/color]

I have a lot of respect for all of the moderators who choose to make sure these boards run okay. It's nice not having everyone swear every other sentence or just spam, and these guys do a great job of keeping it together, and I know I really appreciate all they do for it. I guess they must have to put up with a lot of stick too, from ex-members and some members too, and I thank them for that as well.

I've not been with OB for that long, but I joined as soon as I found the site. It was great that people made me feel so welcome (it was a stark contrast to my school life where I'd get humiliated out of the room if I even thought about mentioning anime, especially Digimon. I still do, but to a lesser extent). There seems to me to be a group of boarders who spent half their time welcoming people, and I think that's great too- DarkOrderKnight and Mist were two who helped me fit in in the very beginning. I guess I also appreciate people's patience with me when I've been a bit annoying, paranoid or over-apologetic or thankful, or when I've been a bit of an idiot. I have a great respect for anyone who can put up with me!

I'd like to think I've made some good friends here (Devidramon, Shystor, shadowdramon and Pyrophobic to name but a few), and I feel I'm enjoying everything like school and life in general more for having joined up to the forum. So my sincere thanks to James and Adam for creating the site in the first place. It's simply fantastic.

Well, if it weren't for these boards, I'd have never made such good friends as Blanko_El_Miez, Cera, GinnyLyn, Shystor, and Shyguy just to name a few. I love it when we can all open a discussion without getting flamed, and I love to see everyone's art. Thanks to everyone who makes these Boards happen!:)

[size=1][b]Justin[/b]--for letting me rant to him about school, OB, and life in general while I've been having a rough time of it this past year. And the fact that I respected KAMAKAZI since the day I first signed up for OB.
[b]Shyguy[/b]--Awesome person, no matter what [i]he[/i] says.
[b]James[/b]--For the civil differences in opinion.
[b]Mnemolth[/b]--Who, annoying as is can be, makes me think.
[b]Ginneh![/b]--My big sis. ^^
[b]shaun31us[/b]--Another awesome person.
[b]Piromunkie[/b]--Because he likes Hobbes, and because of the way he spells his name.
[b]Crazy White Boy[/b]--For strange memories of v2, and the fact that he posts intelligently.

And some other names I'll throw out: Devidramon, Anna, Deus ex Machina, Lady Saiya-jin, Navi, Galxy Girl, Mitch, and Desert Shadow.

And, oh yeah....[b]thimoc[/b]. Because I just had to toss him in there. [/size]

[color=#9933ff]Thanks definately go out to Adam and James for creating these boards in the first place. James, too for listening to my really tough problems, putting up with my insane stuff.

So the Admins along with all the moderators have my thanks for keeping this place as great as it is. It's not an easy thing to do. I appreciate you guys keeping the forums straight, puting up with whiny people, putting up with annoying people(like me!), putting up in insane people(like me!), being nice to all the other OB members, all while trying to stay sane.

Special thanks to:
Sephiroth- You're a really great guy, and a superb Super Mod
Kevin(Rick Hunter)- You're a great guy, you've got some excellent computer skills, probably the most knowledge of Anime of anyone I know, along with a kick-*** Anime collection. And you REALLY are a great guy Kev. You're so nice to me, and everyone else. I think you and ZeroG214 are the only guys on my b/l who aren't idiots. Lol.
Charles- You're so funny.
Mnemolth- I really respect you a lot, and what you have to say, because it's always something intelligent, thought provoking, and worth replying to.
Devidramon- Heh. I gotta love your rants. Can wait for Novemeber so I can hear more of them. :)
And finally, Lumi- Most of you probably haven't a clue who she is, but she's my friend in real life, and she's always there for me. You always make me laugh, Lumi. :)

Other shout-outs go to Cera, Shyguy, Digital_Monster, and MathGuy2, just because.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B]Thankyou James for your permission;))[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, like James wouldn't allow a topic where he gets praise.

Nobody here is a "role model", but there are a very select few people here I have respect for. Yes Transtic, you are one of them heh. BUT keep in mind I also respect Teru... :P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]::cries::

I... see how it is.... ::jumps off very high bridge into pool of man eating starving sharks with lazers on their heads:: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] *Catches TN in mid fall and falls into pool of man starving sharks with lazers on their heads* Ha, you're not the only one fallin' on down!![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]Good question, she kinda dissapeared. That happens every once in awhile. I haven't talked to her in about a month, so i dont know. I hope she isn't homeless again...... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well, I will not go into details, but from the last I talked to her, she is NOT homeless. I have not heard from her in a while myself, but I am hoping that she is doing alright.

Back to subject - I don't think I have any role models on the boards, if anything, I just try to not too make too much of a fool of myself, and I really try not to get on anyones bad side. I think if you do that, then that person loses all respect for you, and will practically ignore everything you have to say from then on out. I really hope I am not on anyone's bad side =P for above reasons stated. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]There aren't any people on Otaku Boards who I would consider "Role Models", but plenty that I respect and consider friends.

Ben: He introduced me to this wonderful message board, and I think he is a great guy. Although he hasn't been around much lately...

Mist: She's friendly, posts intelligently, and is great at sparring. If only I could write like her... :bawl:

DuoGod of Death: Another of my friends, who I tend to see a lot in RPGs. *looks suspiciously over shoulder*

Angelus_Necare: A friend of mine from when I was a newbie. She put up with my newbie-ness, and helped me to become a better Role Player

BabyGirl: My favorite mod, who made me feel so welcome when she said hello to me on my intro thread. We have had many Star Wars discussions...

Son Goten: He has been my friend for a while and hosts my banner. (even though it isn?t up right now?)

[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Yeah, like James wouldn't allow a topic where he gets praise.

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]o_O Actually I am always suprised to see positive comments about me (because of comments like this one). Thanks for the vote of confidence, wrist cutter. :)

Anyway, I think there are a lot of role models here on OB. I don't think I could list them all though...I'd be here forever.

[b]Adam:[/b] The king of kings! Adam makes everything here possible and his commmitment to the network must never be forgotten. :)

[b]BabyGirl:[/b] Always very civil with members and generally a bright and friendly person to talk to.

[b]Transtic Nerve:[/b] Sometimes a little crazy...but he adds some definite spice to the boards. ;)

[b]Break:[/b] Always friendly and funny. Cheers me up, keeps me just a little insane...and is a good friend.

[b]Cera:[/b] Very interesting and intelligent person. And always a great person to talk to, as well.

[b]GinnyLyn:[/b] Brilliant artist, bubbly personality and gracious nature make Ginny a much loved member. :)

[b]Final Flash:[/b] What can be said about the guy who got the entire spriting movement on these boards started? Couple that with some killer RPGs and you have one heck of a member.

[b]Justin:[/b] A pretty genuine person. Always contributes a great deal to the boards in many ways -- he's also an example of a what good posts are made of. And lately, I notice he's also a great RPer too! ^_^

[b]RicoTranzrig:[/b] Probably the best roleplayer I can think of, with only a couple of exceptions. Rico is [i]always[/i] friendly and deserves much credit for all his great work at OB.

[b]Desbreko:[/b] Fantastic RPer (just look at his posts in my old Zelda RPG and Project Gamer!) and all-round nice guy. He's a hard worker (ShineGet.com -- coming soon hehe) and he lets me call him Desbreakfast. That's gotta be a plus.

[b]Lady Katana:[/b] Great RPer and a pretty nice person too. :)

[b]coolkam007:[/b] Never ceases to surprise me in his weirdness...

[b]kuji:[/b] He's an anti-role model. He indicates what [i]not[/i] to do on a forum. o_O;;

Of course, there are many more...these are merely a few. But all these people deserve credit for being great members. :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B][COLOR=green]
Son Goten: He has been my friend for a while and hosts my banner. (even though it isn?t up right now?)

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Yeah, about that, I need the pic again. I kinda pissed off my host and got my site deleted. -_-

Boba Fett - Cause he likes Star Wars and knows almost as much as me :naughty:

Baby Girl - Cause she is my Star Wars Goddess

TN - Cause I don't want him to jump of a bridge

James - Cause he is always nice to me. :)

And Piro - Cause he went to the Warped Tour.
[/b][/color]:p

Guest Anakin Solo
Eh....I really dont look to anyone as a role model here....but I do respect people here. I'll just name a few...

Boba Fett- He likes Star Wars, what more can I say?
Son Goten- See above
BabyGirl- See Boba Fett's reason but put a She where the He is

Errr...yeah that's about it right now.

Let's see...who do I respect?
1.Lady Asuka and Rick Hunter- If it wasn't for them, I would have never seen some interesting animés.

2.Amphion- Not only is he an amazing CG artist, but his work has motivated me to start doing 3D modeling.

3.Final_Flash, Alexander, Warlock (who's MIA) and DBZMan- If it wasnt for these guys, I would have never become a decent spriter.

4.James- Video game review/preview genious. Also, a responsible (and tolerant) administrator.

5.Thimoc- You gotta admit, he's persistent...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][size=1]
[b]Crazy White Boy[/b]--For strange memories of v2, and the fact that he posts intelligently.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't believe that there are still memories of me from version 2 floating around. There's only a handful of people that can make that claim. ^^;;;;

Well, this is a cool, feel-good topic.

It's hard to really narrow down a list of Otakuboard role models, but I'll try my best. Of course, most of the staff are role-models, including recently "retired" staff like Sephiroth, Cera, Kevin and Justin and new staff members (although not necessarily new members) like NeoCactuar, Semjaza Azazel, AnimeLover (great aspiring writer) Queen Asuka, etc.

But, the boards have a lot of great regular members too, like my bud Vampire Ed, Solid Snake (or Syk3 or whatevr he's going by nowadays, lol), Zidane, The One, Raiha (great poems) Roxie, Mnemolth, Galaxiy Girl, Foredaddy, and the list seems endless.

I guess that's what happens when you only allow quality members on boards. :shrugs:

[color=deeppink]
[b]TN[/b], I miss talking to you. You always managed to make me laugh with your insane-ness and your posts never fail to get a little chuckle from me :D

[b]Cera[/b], I definitely wish I knew you better because your nonchalant humor has a way of making me smile...it never fails ;)

[b]Justin[/b], my bestest e-buddy. I admire you more than you know.

[b]Break[/b], you, sir, are hilarious.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]
Baby Girl - Cause she is my Star Wars Goddess
[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
:toothy:

Guest Imsirion
I'd have to say I have a weird respect for Crazy White Boy and Semjaza Azazel. I dont really know them but I enjoy reading their posts and I think there nice,cool,interseting people.:)

I think Cera and Ginny would fit there
But you gotta admit thimoc has got to be in there under the ANTI-ROLEMODEL name
after all he did start a huge spamming team which raided the boards and had the most posts of his time

[color=royalblue]Best poster of his time? You should see some of the hateful things thimoc has said over email.

He deserves nobody's respect. He's just some idiot who likes to cause trouble. The only person I've ever encountered who is as venomous and nasty as him would probably be ProudClod.[/color]