-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I totally would if he wasn't right 83% of the time [/FONT][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]Well he isn't, so you can stop caring now. :^D He's just some lame'o bearded dude with glasses who thinks himself funny. Pretty much like 83% of the internet.[/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]I am afraid to start watching the Thief & the Cobbler, out of fear that it might be less freaking almightily awesome than I remember it to be. On a sidenote: PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO STOP CARING ABOUT WHAT SOME DUDE WITH GLASSES ON THE INTERNET IS SAYING.[/FONt]
-
[font=lucida fax][IMG]http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/020110_HAITI_20100201_162756.jpg[/IMG] I like this hobby much.[/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]Everyone's from Utah nowaday's, while before I didn't know a single one. For the rest, I still do not know how to contribute to discussions (in proper English) without making an arse out of meself. Oh but I became a moderator some time ago! :^D[/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]Okay, so I moved every post that didn't claim or update a piece to this thread as everybody is now aware enough about the problem to discuss it on in here. :^D[/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]I'm in the progress of fixing. If Sara doesn't mind, I'll just try to adjust her piece to the surrounding two without being too obvious. At least until somebody fixes their own when they don't like my fixing. :V [IMG]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8782/2010sara001.jpg[/IMG] Sorry bout the lack of awesome. It's actually too late in the evening to properly fix stuff.[/font]
-
[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]Neat. Do you have a copy?[/font][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]No. ;_; But I have a pirate who's hanging someone over a deadly octopus pit! [CENTER][IMG]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6710/piraat001.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]I found out drawing in Live messenger (MSN) is actually so cool and I laugh way too loud over stuff I make there. And I made the comic cover of my sister's graduation project in it![/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]Hm, I'll claim after Citric. :^D [B]EDIT:[/B] [IMG]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9764/2010boo002.jpg[/IMG][/font]
-
[font=lucida Fax]BTW JIGGLYNESS DIDN'T MAKE ENTRY #2 BLEACH-THEMED.[/font]
-
I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)
Boo replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
[font=lucida fax]Oh right. You accidentally left the red filter on, so we could accidentally see the ride behind you a lot better, accidentally. [/font] [quote name='chibi-master']Why can I see the pic in Boo's quote, but not in Korey's original post?:confused:[/QUOTE] [font=lucida fax]'Cause Boo felt like posting a working IMG link when he noticed Korey's link failed it's duties.[/font] -
[font=lucida fax]I can't see it myself, really. Is it really obvious/bothersome to anyone? Because I would have no idea how (useful it is) to fix anything right now. :([/font]
-
[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] bla bla [/font][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]First of all: Chill. Your caps, "ffs"s and "you COULD just suck it up!"s aren't changing anyone's point. To say "laws are laws so suck it up" is completely ridiculous. Also, TV always sucked. I don't know how TV was tons better in the past. It's there to keep the masses entertained and it's doing just that. [/font]
-
[quote name='Zen'][size=1] Enter Shikari Sum 41 [/size][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]I only know these. The rest doesn't even ring a bell.[/font]
-
[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]If I go and download a Hollywood movie from the 'net, I'm committing piracy. I mean, you can sort of spin that in any direction you want, but I'm pretty sure that is the legal definition of the act.[/font][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]I know, but like you said, that's just the legal definition, formed by chaps in higher places. The definition would be a bunch different if for example the Swedish Piratpartiet would've decided about it. So on a topic about ethics, it doesn't really apply to my opinion. But you're perfectly right, naturally. It's silly though. Up until a bit more than a year ago, downloading was perfectly legal here in the Netherlands. It still would be, if the government had enough say in it, but the high court put a ban on it because it wasn't in line with the general European opinion on the matter.[/font] [quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium][font=franklin gothic medium]No, but I don't think it's even worth comparing the two. Pointing to something unrelated doesn't change the nature of what we're discussing here. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60783][U]LINK[/U][/URL] [/font]
-
[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I think the point still remains, though, that even if a product is "crap" it doesn't really give anybody the right to steal it.[/font][/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]That's right. Stealing is bad. Especially if the product is ridiculous and stupid. However, by downloading something, I'm not actually stealing it. I'm making use of the web as an information bank at it's best. This has nothing to do with making excuses. It's just an other sense of judgement, leading back to the "ethical question" part. You think it's unfair to download something you should buy in store. I think it's unfair to pay for something that may turn out really bad. When you steal something, it has a direct impact on more than just you. Now it's the general belief that by downloading, you're destroying the market, but at least with my belief, I and many others get to see films and listen to music that we would have otherwise never bought. And often we will buy the product as well, as a result. Just not always. Like when it's rubbish. Besides, it's not like I'm handing down HIV in the process.[/font]
-
[quote name='pax et agape']It's kind of hard to make a viable business model based on one persons subjective opinion.[/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]My business as a consumer has nothing to do with viable business models. The whole art and entertainment business is based upon separate persons' their subjective opinions. If someone thinks your product sucks, they shouldn't have to buy your rubbish either.[/font]
-
[quote name='Sara']Yeah, God forbid someone make a living doing their job. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE][font=lucida fax]I forbid someone making a living producing crap.[/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]No idea about anime, but as for music I'm a picky costumor. I first download an album for free if I don't know the artist at all, or if I still doubt about quality. Then if it's an amazing album, I'll get around to buying a hardcopy for my shelf, but if it's absolutely rubbish, I'll keep the album for free as a punishment for the artist for making an album that isn't worth buying. Ha! Oh, and if it's average or just good enough, I'll probably pick it up once I see it in a discount bin. And rarer stuff of artists that I love, like singles that you cannot just find in your average music store, I'll buy at those mp3 websites that only charge 5 - 30 cents per song. I'm anti-digital downloads where you still pay at least half the money you would've paid for the hard copy, except you don't get the physical album, which is what it's all about really. As for films, I download them only every now and then, and in such cases I delete them after watching them once. If the film's great, I'll pick it up anyway. If it was rubbish, there's no sense in supporting the creator by giving them money to make the same trash again. [/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]Confetti for Debbie! Oh hey I just forgot to mention that to you, but there's a slight tweak to the rules. Now the width can be anywhere between 200 and 1000 pixels. If I look at you through my desktop screen with big puppy eyes, would you be so kind to change that? :3[/font]
-
[center][size=7][font=Georgia]Graphic Worm [size=8]20[color=#0D6DC7]10[/color][/size] [/font][/size] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51928][b]Graphic Worm 2006[/b][/url] - [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57084][b]Graphic Worm 2007[/b][/url] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58548][b]Graphic Worm 2008[/b][/url] - [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59994][b]Graphic Worm 2009[/b][/url] [color=#0D6DC7][b]FLEX[/b] [/color]| [color=#0D6DC7][b]CLAIM +1[/b][/color] [size=1]For any questions, suggestions or feedback on Graphic Worm 2010, feel free to use the Graphic Worm 2010 - [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=847578][color=#0D6DC7][u][b]Discussion Thread[/b][/u][/color][/URL] or to send a PM to [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=2223][b]Boo[/b][/url].[/size][/center] [size=2][font=lucida fax] Ladies and gentlemen â?? boys and girls â?? I have the great honour to welcome you into the year [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60893]two-thousand-and-ten[/url]! And, as you all know, a new year of course means a new Graphic Worm. So I present to you: [b]Graphic Worm 20[color=#0D6DC7]10[/color][/b]! What is the Graphic Worm you ask? Head on over to the Graphic Worm 2010 - [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=847578][b][color=#0D6DC7]Discussion Thread[/color][/b][/url] and there you'll find a long enough instruction to spend your time with reading. If you have any questions, they also go in there. But for the rest, have fun![/font][/size][size=1] [b]Here we go![/b] [list=1][*][url=http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2900/2010boo001.jpg][STRIKE]Boo[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [url=http://i50.tinypic.com/ruqmvd.jpg][STRIKE]jigglyness[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Heroes.jpg][STRIKE]Cat[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/graphic%20worm/Sabotage.jpg][STRIKE]Delta[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [url=http://i47.tinypic.com/250juog.jpg][STRIKE]jigglyness [/STRIKE][/url] [*] [url=http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/citricbreakdown/cowboy.jpg][STRIKE]Citric[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [url=http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5527/opendoor.jpg][STRIKE]Shishou[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/citricbreakdown/overdrive.jpg][STRIKE]Citric[/STRIKE][/URL] [*] [URL=http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9764/2010boo002.jpg][STRIKE]Boo[/STRIKE][/URL] [*] [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/graphic%20worm/whowatches.jpg][STRIKE]Delta[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://i49.tinypic.com/14n2pae.jpg][STRIKE]Munky[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/012.jpg][STRIKE]Sara[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/013.jpg][STRIKE]Kimmeh[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/014.jpg][STRIKE]Sara[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/015.jpg][STRIKE]Citric[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/016.jpg][STRIKE]Sayrin[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/017.jpg][STRIKE]jigglyness[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/018.jpg][STRIKE]Munky[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/019.jpg][STRIKE]Sara[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/020.jpg][STRIKE]jigglyness[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/021.jpg][STRIKE]Shishou[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/022.jpg][STRIKE]Sara[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/023.jpg][STRIKE]Citric[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/024.jpg][STRIKE]UnpredictableEd[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/025.jpg][STRIKE]Shishou[/STRIKE][/url] [*] [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2010/026.jpg][STRIKE]Citric[/STRIKE][/url] [*] mikkets - [COLOR=#0D6DC7][B][I]NEEEEXT!!![/B][/I][/COLOR] [/list] [center][IMG]http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2900/2010boo001.jpg[/IMG] 450 x 450[/center] [/size]
-
[center][size=7][font=Georgia]Graphic Worm [size=8]20[color=#0D6DC7]10[/color][/size][/size] [size=5]Discussion Thread[/size][/font] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60906][b][u]Graphic Worm 2010 thread[/u][/b][/url] [/center] [font=lucida fax]The Graphic Worm is basically one continuous Worm consisting out of all kinds of separate graphic pieces. The size of the Worm only depends on just how far we get by the end of the year. The way the worm worked [I]so far[/I] is this: in order, members create graphic pieces of 600×450 pixels (width×height). Because of the Worm being a continuous horizontal graphic, the artists will have to juxtapose their piece (its left side) next to the last artist’s piece in such a manner that it fits like a charm. [color=#0D6DC7][b]However[/b][/color]! As you may have seen, this year there’s a big “FLEX” right underneath the title. Members who have checked the Discussion Thread lately might have an idea what that means. It means exactly this: Whereas in the past your pieces could only be 600 pixels wide, [b]now your pieces can be anywhere between [u]200[/u] and [u]1000[/u] pixels wide[/b]! So if you have little inspiration, you can make a little piece. Think you have a great idea? Create a literally great piece! Just remember that the height of your piece is still limited to 450 pixels. Because I know my explanation was rubbish, as an example here is the one of the year 2008: [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/2008.html][u][color=#0D6DC7][b]Graphic Worm 2008[/b][/color][/u][/url]. Remember that this was before the [b][color=#0D6DC7]FLEX[/color][/b] system, so all pieces are exactly 600 pixels wide. Please note how each image is a continuation of the previous one. Take great care that the shade of colours and patterns align when set next to one another so that the worm flows. Also, try not to make it too hard on the next artist. Please be sure to check it out yourself after having made your image, before posting it. This to avoid confusion in the thread and Graphic Worm. There's a link to the Graphic Worm in the left navigation bar under the OB Network, found [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm.php?][u][color=#0D6DC7][b]Here[/b][/color][/u][/url]. [i]The Rules[/i] are also available as part of the "Graphic Worm" link under OB Network as well. Like last year, to make it easier, I have quoted the rules below, so you do not have to check the page first. [quote=The Graphic Worm Rules][size=1][font=tahoma]If you'd like to contribute to the worm there are a few rules that need to be followed. To be accepted your submission must be: [list][*][b]450 pixels high. [*]Between 200 and 1000 pixels wide. [*]In [u]jpg[/u] or [u]gif[/u] format. [*]Of adequate quality. Make sure it flows with the previous segment. [*]Posted during your turn in the posting order.[/b][/list][/font][/size][/quote] You get a turn in the Graphic Worm if you [b]claim[/b] it. [b]Claim[/b]ing goes as followed: To start off, someone posts their piece for the Graphic Worm. Then a next person reacts to it, mentioning that they [b]claim[/b] the next spot. They then have [b]24 hours[/b] ([b]1[/b] day) to complete their piece in the Graphic Worm. As we use the [b]claim +1[/b] system, this means that when a person [b]claim[/b]s a piece of the Graphic Worm and starts working on it, [b]one[/b] next person can [b]claim[/b] the next part of the Graphic Worm. [indent][color=red]Please note that you can not claim a turn before it's the person before you their turn to work on a Worm piece. If you fail to post up your piece within 24 hours (1 day) after it's your turn to make one, you will be skipped and someone else can take your place in line.[/color][/indent] This is the official discussion thread for the Graphic Worm 2010! If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback regarding the Worm, feel welcome to post it in here or to send me a Private Message. A happy new year to everybody![/font]
-
[font=Lucida Fax]Beautfiul ending! On to 2010![/font]
-
[font=lucida Fax]TIME FOR A NEW THREAD[/font]
-
[font=lucida fax]Boob outline? There's obvious nipple. If this were national television, it'd get censored like mad at any time before 10PM. [/font]