-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
An RPG called GOD-MOD Inc. where everyone is overpowered, just does whatever they want in whatever universe they want and has complete powers over everybody. Shy can let everyone sing his musical songs, while Allamorph can mope around pretentiously and James can be a general nice guy trying to do the Almagest thing. And Flash can be a Super-Saiyan, while Shwa is a werewolf and ceteras. Yeah. Totes.
-
Honestly, I would definitely sign up for a forum with all you awesome people that doesn't focus on anime and manga. Of course, OtakuBoards doesn't really focus on that either, but it doesn't really focus on anything enough to keep people interested or to draw people in in the first place, I think. It doesn't really help that the areas it does focus on tend to be kiddy, while most of the returning members are 18+. OtakuBoards would probably need an entire overhaul, pretending it's all fresh and new-ish, but even if you'd stick so much time in it, I think the real message boards days are over. I think OB's thing is that we all grew up and settled. After a while there was a steady crew and that was OK and mature enough, and the layout of the forums went from shiny anime faces, to bright colours, to less colours, to gray and serious business. The discussions in the Lounge started being more and more stuff that was only interesting to insiders, often nostalgia or inside jokes. A lot of us sort of grew up together here, and maybe we should just close off this chapter in our lives together and make like an "OB, the Elderly edition". I don't see any of us rebooting this, putting a lot of time in re-designing it to fit the youth and otaku. So it could be an idea to archive as much as possible, redesign OB to cater to oldies being nostalgic and trying their hand at another RPG. Or OB should somehow hide its childlike original intentions and rally people all over the world who miss their old message boards, because basically all of them died. EDIT: But for true words on reviving OB, check [member=Saiyangohan2002] below. I just think you guys are awesome <3~
-
NAME: UNKNOWN. Age: UNKNOWN. Race: Epic. Weapons: Pen & paper. And a vintage typewriter. And flashy boots. Bio: Ran away from home the moment he was born because he was TOO AWESOME. It was a dark, dark night, the night we are only now allowed to witness. Rain poured, lightning struck, and dogs howled. All of this could not keep our protagonist from wandering the streets of deserted LA. The rain didn't bother him for a second. His manuscripts were all tucked away nicely in a waterproof compartment of his bag, and his hair had been a mess anyway. The name plate he had worn today at the convention had become unreadable rendering him nearly anonymous, if it weren't for his flashy boots. Red and gold - the male equivalent of Wonder Woman's boots, he'd call them. Gay, most others called them. But most others weren't here right now. Most others were safely, cowardly, at home, in their comfy chair, with their big Starbucks® mug of hot chocolate and marshmellows, watching the current season of The Voice, confusing themselves with the question of whether Shakira is a better coach than Christina or not. Most others weren't on an adventure. Today had been a busy day. Busy with the socially accepted connotation of 'good'. People had come to listen to him speak about his latest comic book, some even asking him to sign their copy. Pictures were taken, laughs and contacts were shared, and a fistbump occurred. None of this was out of the ordinary. He'd done this before. Of course, every time was slightly different, and every time was exciting all over, but it is what it is. So what he didn't expect was something extraordinary to happen just then. He had been halfway through telling a joke he told people after his talks when he spotted a mysterious stranger at the end of the line of people wanting to share a moment with him. He hadn't thought much of it, but it had been enough to ruin the punchline. Luckily the girl infront of him had the courtesy to laugh nonetheless, and they quickly, clumsily, said their goodbyes. The next people were all part of the same, weirdly clad group. They had loved the talk, and his views on contemporary issues. No, they didn't currently have cash to buy the book, but they would order it online. Thanks, appreciate it. Bye. When they left, somehow everybody left his immediate surroundings with them. Everyone except for the mysterious stranger. Hallo, said the mysterious stranger, and handed him a hand-written note. The note distracted him shortly, and as he looked up to greet the mysterious stranger, all his face met was yet another Deadpool, excited to discuss some important issues with him. He tucked away the note for later, and took out his I'm a writer pen to tap his lower lip with. Oh yes, I do have an opinion on Obama's new thing. What was it again?
-
I always figured Almagest was too excellent for me, and I'm pretty sure that I was rejected for the original Maverick Hunters for lack of any quality whatsoever. Luckily for all of us, I'm awesome now.
-
I'm not sure if we were ever even in the same RP, but I'd be up for some grave diggin'.
-
I was just looking for Mega Man sprites and Google handed me a Hosted by Tripod image. Nostalgia.
-
-
-
-
We should play CS and you can stream that. :'o
-
Confirmed. I searched for "poopamorph" and got a database error. :/
-
Sounds impressive and certainly a lot more useful than the face full of tear gas we got at UN protests. Nice inspirational words too. I think our generation needs to step up to the plate again and get involved, but it's so hard to become motivated with so many distractions. Meep.
-
Gehehe, if anyone would start one I'd try and add a piece. :'D
-
Heh-heh-heh, Adorably Awkward Allie...
-
Don't worry. It's all an illusion. Becky, though, is kicking ass by going back to school, even though she's like way old and shit. Great choice. We're all behind you, old-timer! Also, the Mediterranean is pretty great, and with the crisis and all, all those fellows would welcome some cash. Also, it's in my part of the world, which is pretty cool on its own.
-
Derp. But okay, I'll work with you. I am currently OK. Got my toe in a few different projects, which is a complete waste of my energy, as I should be going at them one-by-one instead of this big mishmash. Need to finish my study finally. Got a few dozen songs on the shelf that I should finally get around to finishing. Am involved in a new children's books thing that's still looking for more illustrators and authors. On the other hand I was working with Shy on a comic, but our artist kind of eh... well, is basically non-existent right now. Got some other songs for a different music project I need to finish. Got some soundtrack music for a fictitious video game that I wanted to finish. I have not, unlike most of us in this thread, been in any way involved with an army force (though I considered the Foreign Legion just for fun) so I basically lack discipline and a purpose. On the other hand I play a mean bit of folk guitar and bass guitar, and have a girlfriend whom I love very much. In a few days the new Franz Ferdinand album will come out, which I'm looking forward to. They used to always be my #1 band because of their epic positive energy on stage and in the studio. Have been neglecting them lately though, as most of my iPod playtime has been hogged by Silversun Pickups and Glen Hansard / The Frames / The Swell Season for the last few years. My roomie listens to a lot of metal and prog. rock, and he introduced me to a lot of shit which I don't care for, but also Karnivool, which is a pretty great band. Will see them live sometime this October. Last year I went to see Paul Simon live for the somethingth time, but this time was extra special because it was his Graceland Anniversary Tour and also a few days after my dad's (a great fan) 50th - the entire (great!) show took around three hours or more. The day after he was in Amsterdam to present his documentary about the album, and afterwards when mr Simon came out back, I just quickly told him in passing (he had to run without being able to say hi's) that my father had just turned fifty, to which he 0turned around, walked over to my dad, gave him a hand, looked him straight in the eye, and said "Oh! Congratulations!" before taking his leave. It was a tiny something, but my dad completely blanked, and it was great to witness this moment of my dad meeting his musical hero after decades of playing his records. Afterwards, when Paul left, we spent over half an hour talking with the (Graceland) guitarist Ray Phiri, who was a really great person to meet, and he told us about South Africa and how the situation there has changed, and some of the youngsters refuse to believe how horrible apartheid was. He said something when we spoke about his time touring as part of a backing band for Paul Simon (he's a pretty big deal in South Africa himself), "The world is sick, and right there on that stage is the only cure," which he said with such intensity that it will probably stick with me forever. Also, I mentioned Glen Hansard. If you ever see he's to perform near you, take that chance. Go there. I'm not saying this as a fanboy, but as a favour to anyone who has not had the pleasure of seeing him perform live. Kind of like Bruce, he puts a 200% in each performance; a chunk of pure raw energy every single time I go to one of his shows. Also, I've started playing Counter-Strike again in the form of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and contrary to my skill-level in the original CS, I am now pretty OK at it after watching some WarOwl videos. Lately I've also started working out again, as my Herculean muscles have been getting overshadowed by fat, and I've been feeling unfit lately. And stuff. Hit me up if you want to either play a videogame, write/record a song/album/discography/podcast, illustrate/write a (children's) novel/comic, have deep and epic discussions, or have something cool to do. I'm game, and I'm cool.
-
Everything is so hard right now. I feel like I might burst.
-
I stole all that music off some naive well-meaning website, fools. They're still somewhere on my drive, so I could just send the whole bunch to you, but you can also just download them from their own website. They have neat names like "Grillos Bailar" and "Knee High Knockout", so they're certain to please. Also, anything including Mr Taco is also my favourite quote. I like your style.
- 7 replies
-
- otaku
- otakuboards
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Cool. You're my new favourite member. Korey and myself put quite some hours in those podcasts, and though we loved doing it, I never genuinely expected to co-inspire others to make their own podcast so that's awesome. If you want, you can add pingpongsmiley, which is also the Skype account I used for podcasts back in the beautiful days. Sounds like an epic idea. Cool.
- 7 replies
-
- otaku
- otakuboards
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLIMgBoJzA[/media] Trollin' at OB The last (and unfinished) OB Podcast project ever, dated Oct.2011. Go ahead. Sing along. There's a lolcat sittin in my thread Gawd, I hate those things so your post I will ed-it See how I replace every pic of yours Pad-ded room party isn't always open doors Text can't carry all my emotions to you So spamming emoticons is what I'll do I am lolling all my lols at your expense Don't make typos or you'll end up just like CaNz The Lounge is open, to people's mopin' We need discussions but all we have are lulz The threads are barebones, Devoid all of posts The Jokes are lacking We would have troll'd them all Trolling at OB You had replies to post But you didn't, you hit delete Who needs words when you can just post a pic And if you don't agree I'll link you through to Rick It's not funny no more after these years But when you click the link, I'll prolly laugh in tears My browser's blinking, I can't help thinking There must be some way that I can troll some more The chat is waving, my misbehaving, Will lead to banning I will Rick Roll them all! (NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP) Rick Rolling at TheO (NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN) You expect a cool video (NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY) So you clicked, and got trolled (RUN AROUND DESERT YOU) We could have troll'd them all (NYAN NYAN NYAN NYANN) Trolling at OB You had replies to post But you didn't, you hit delete BETHYBABY COMES IN AND STARTS TO SHOUT KOREY WILL WARN ME AND THEN AL WILL THROW ME OUT KEI KILLS ME IN THE FACE, BY MAULLY YOU'LL GET MAUL'D THEN COMES ADAM BUT HE WILL JUST STARE AND LOL (NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN) Adam is a troll (NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY RUN AROUND DESERT YOU) The biggest troll of all (NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN) of all of all of all (NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY RUN AROUND DESERT YOU) We would have troll'd them all Trolling at OB You had replies to post But you didn't, you hit delete
-
-
Dear reader, I am typing this message while rebels lay siege on my client's castle in Amsterdam, the capital of Europe. My client, someone you seem to know mainly as Boo, has asked me to call for your help. He has a very large sum of money that needs to be kept safe while he finds a way to free himself of the clutches of the communists. You seem to be the only person he entrusts with this task. The number we are speaking of is just little over 610.000 EUR which roughly converts to 3.512.000.000 USD, as you may know. There are two reasons why he asked for your help in this: 1. According to DNA tests you are the closest living family member he has. 2. The money was earned by the big success of the OB Podcast, which featured many of you. ¹ I regret to inform you that due to Europe's current regulations, you would only able to give Boo back 1.000 EUR and you will have to keep the rest of the money and do with it as you see fit. Please send me your bank account number, credit card number, access codes, login codes for OtakuBoards, picture of you, picture of you naked, and a picture of your mother via private message on this website. I will transfer the money right away. Thank you for helping my client out! Have a nice day. Yours faithfully, Boo's lawyer Get it? It's a CON. Ha. ¹ Korey hasn't seen a single cent of it, so please do not mention it to him.
-
I'm really proud of my find.