Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [size=1]I figured I'd make a thread about the new forum structure for everyone to go "Ooo", "Ahhh" and "Ewww" in. To start off, I'm very happy that you replaced the old category resizing button with this new one. Go you! What I would like to suggest though, is moving the Community category to above the Entertainment category. Before, it was just the anime category, so I could just downsize it. Now it also contains Hardwired and Music, Movies & TV, which I occasionally browse through just for the heck of it. Both categories are not big, but for some reason I like the idea of putting the whole OtakuBoards community before the rest. Digging the buttons, though. :whoops:[/size]
  2. [size=1]For some reason I have the idea that if you were ever going to draw me at all, I'd turn out to be something that could've been shot right out of the big howitzer of hell. Or perhaps just really pretty. :) Ruv these five, sir. Though I never imagined the mod rod to look like a small spear, but more like a stick with a red ball on it. :modrod: I don't suppose you're planning to draw the frying pan of justice as well? [/size]
  3. Boo

    Sketchbook

    [size=1]I ruv the big text on that design. The low spacing of the text makes it eye catchy and will have lot's of people stare at it. The little text might be a little bit too... I don't know how to put it. I like little - hardly readable - text when it's a whole lot, but this seems a little bit too little. Perhaps if that type of small text would be more on the shirt, like on the upper side of the [i]Algorith[/i] or just more present under the word... Hm. My mind is playing around with me. I'd have to toy around with PS or PSP a bit too find out what exactly I'm looking for, but at the same time my PC is playing around with me too, so I can't right now. Ruv the shirt though. And the coloured background looks a lot fancier and more stylish than the white one in the first tee, I think.[/size]
  4. Boo

    Huhuhu.

    [QUOTE=Ninjah]The were [b]no[/b] brushes used in this piece at all. All of it was done with either the pen tool or ellipse tool.[/QUOTE][size=1]Like you pretty much said in the opening post. Now that I think of it... Why must people who whine about brushes also always be the ones whose posts are completely useless in a matter? You, PhoenixClawth, could've at least given criticism on the colours, composition, contrast, et cetera. [/size]
  5. Boo

    Spider Man 3

    [QUOTE=r2vq][color=#007520]I'm going to have to disagree with that, on the grounds that when I'm watching a Spidey fight scene I don't think "That was a good dodge, but I think Spidey seems a bid nerdy." For more evidence of Maguire not being just the nerd in our favourite wall crawler, check out his audition tape for Spider-man. Most of the Sony execs were actually reluctant to give him the suit until they saw the tape of topless Toby tossing thugs in the alley.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]Still he's only a nerd. It has nothing to do with how awesome you can throw bad guys in a trash can. It has everything to do with charisma. And from where I'm looking, he's terribly lacking in what Andrew called "his comedic charm", which I think is one of the better aspects of Spiderman.[/size]
  6. [size=1]Fine. >:| PS: It's not wrong to be a virgin.[/size]
  7. Boo

    Spider Man 3

    [quote name='Andrew][size=1']I personally don't agree with the choice of Maguire for Parker/Spidey. Sure he can fit the suit, but he doesn't have the comedic charm that Spidey should have.[/size][/quote][size=1]You're right. He only has the nerdy aspect.[/size]
  8. [QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Religious stigma. Cultural taboos. That someone was a psycho hose-beast. Clearly a variety of reasons how someone could feel guilty.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]Eh, no. Unless he would've ellaborate on his post with information about what kind of a situation he's in which would affect whether he'd feel guilty or not, I stand by "don't be silly". If he'd feel guilty afterwards, that'd mean he had done something he shouldn't have. It's like stealing fossiles from national parks, while knowing you shouldn't. You're silly then. Or when you turn a word from someone's post from "you" - in the context of "you as a person" - to "someone". You're silly then too.[/size]
  9. [quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']... I plan on 'not having sex'. I don't want to. I see no reason to, I have no desire to, and I think it only really has downsides in the long run. There are bad things, but no benefits.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Eh. If you want to have a reason: overall it's thought of as "good". And if that's not fine for you, try: you need to have sex to have babies. How can you possibly feel guilty about having had sex with someone - unless you're already in a relation with someone else? Don't be silly. Being a virgin is cool. Who cares if you are a virgin or not, really? On one hand it means you're inexperienced, on the other it means you actually value such intimacy, or whatever. Don't be bothered about it and don't act all weirded out when people apparantly think about the matter differently. :rolleyes: [/size]
  10. [size=1]James owes me props in his signature for making him the avater he's using, but I don't think I can get any money for that. Unless I sue him. Is that possible? Shinmaru owes me way too much to mention. For example; I contracted him a 12 million dollar sponsorship deal for two years of moderating, and soon after he deserted. I'm very sure I can sue him for that. Hm.[/size]
  11. Boo

    Sketchbook

    [quote name='Lunox][color=dimgray][b]KW[/b']: ... The background brushes give off the whole cool and edgy look, but I part of me wonders about if the 2D pictures mesh well with it. ...[/color][/quote][size=1]The first two don't. The background is nice and smooth, but the stock used on them doesn't blend in, which gives the impression of it being a photoshop doodle with stock pasted on it. In the first one it's mainly because of the stock having a lot more contrast, making it look all edgy and strengthens the fact that it - apart from the guys hair - doesn't fit with the background. At least I'd advice making sure the stock doesn't get a lot more contrast than the background, and when it does, to try and compensate the two. In the second one it's probably because it's a huge close-up on the guys head, which is black and white with a tiny bit of green, pushed way in the left corner. It disturbs the balance a lot and draws all the attention off the smooth looking background, to a corner where there's nothing special. Here I'd advice never to use upclose shots of things and to push them in the corner. The other two banners have the advantage that the stock looks more dynamic. With this one, he'd probably have to be smaller and a bit more to the right to make it look more dynamic. Plus, it'd fix the balance in the banner a lot. The third banner is lovely. It's smooth, it all blends, it's wonderfully outbalanced. The only thing I don't really care for is the text, and that the whole thing is rather small. But those are just two little issues. The rest of the banner rocks my working boots. Overall your backgrounds look smooth and cool and I love the little details - like a butterfly - that you occasionally use in them. Though the first two were really similiar, especially with the text. It's just that, when you use stock, you really have to think about how you use the stock and how it would blend in with the background. I think I'm one of the few people who would actually prefer a banner without stock than one with stock that doesn't look right. Oh, and Alex: Mao tees are blimey. Make sure to send me one.[/size]
  12. [quote name='White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma](the third date was at her house where we "watched a movie").[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Sure, you did. I'd advice her to set up an evil plan that makes him ask her out instead. Mind and word tricks are so much fun, and it's so much more classy for a guy to ask a girl out. [/size]
  13. Boo

    Huhuhu.

    [size=1]It reminded me more of Kenji's/Syn's [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=50804][b]Twlight is MyLight[/b][/url], to be honest. :x Well, it's quite awesome. The colours you used are great and I love how you used a lot of shades from them. I think even the plane looks well, because it causes a cool contrast and it has a fancy thick line around it. What I don't like a lot about it would be the dark orange edges around some of the circle shapes. It seems to look a little bit too edgy sometimes. No real biggy or anything. Nice work, I hope you post more![/size]
  14. [quote name='The13thMan][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]As for the slave trade of prostitutes, i think that'll go down as well. I mean...the only reason there is a slave trade of prostitutes is because there is a need of prostitutes. If you take care of that need, you'll take care of the slave trade. Maybe it won't be completely abolished, but it'll certainly go down a lot.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Eh, no. You'd just give them one less problem when it comes to forcing girls into prostitution. The decrease of slave trade would very likely [i]not[/i] go down "a lot", if you ask me. But you're not asking me, because I come from a country where prostitution is rather ... normal.[/size] [quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue']I don't know where you got that idea since I live in a Mormon town and we do have a Best Buy. :therock: I pick up anime dvd's along with video games on a regular basis at Best Buy. Honestly there's just no comparison between Best Buy and a brothel. I can guarantee you that no Mormon is going to object to Best Buy being built or run in their town.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]The13thMan just got dissed by SunFallE. I feel so happy. =D [color=#EDEDED][/color][/size]
  15. Boo

    Spider Man 3

    [quote name='Kenshin DX']Where the hell is Carnage? [/quote][size=1]That was exactly what I thought after trying to find out whether he'd be in the movie. Or at least the guy with the fishbowl on his head. Mysterio, was it? [i]Just because they rock more than sandman[/i].[/size]
  16. [size=1][color=#EDEDED][Dutch][/color] Dude, what are you talking about? It [i]is[/i] legal. [color=#EDEDED][/Dutch][/color][/size]
  17. [size=1][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52603][b]What is this Clone?[/b][/url] I loved that thread. :3[/size] [quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff][size=1][url="http://obclone.proboards55.com/index.cgi"]Otakuboards Clone[/url] - A clone of Otakuboards (though I would think that the whole board was in jest, poking fun at other boards *wink* that have imitated OB in the past...)[/size'][/color][/quote][size=1]Eh, I don't think it had anything to do with anything but the OtakuBoards themselves. [strike]In fact, the main reason I even created it was because [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=5896]Stuart[/url] couldn't log on to OtakuBoards at the time.[/strike] It's actually the [i]real[/i] OtakuBoards. James just took over like the smexy pirate that he is.[/size]
  18. [quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']... A squirtbottle full of AIDS-infected blood. If someone pisses you off, you pushe the nozzle in their mouth and watch them freak out. Sweetest revenge ever.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]Yeah let's use that on a lot of people at once! The sweet old school crowbar would be even more effective. Of course I, as a true professional weapon expert, would obviously take the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BFG9000]BFG9000[/url] when I would have to clear multiple people without wanting to harm myself. Either that, or I would use my interactive pocketsized inflatable Johnny Depp look-a-like. Hordes of fangirls equals mass destruction.[/size]
  19. [size=1]That's right, your mother. I was sitting here and suddenly thought "your mother". And that's how this thread came up. So, your mother. Tell us about her. Brag about her, whine about her. Whatever. How is your relation with your mother? What does she do? Does she have any bad habits? Can she cook remarkably? Can she dismantle a timebomb with just her nose, while playing a game of football at the same time? Was she your father once (in that case, you may talk about [strike]him[/strike] her too, of course)? Whatever you feel you want to tell about your mom. Facts, opinions, theories. Anything. Now, as for my own mother. [b]Name:[/b] Mom [b]Real name:[/b] Ingeborg [b]Current age:[/b] 42 [b]Height:[/b] Rather short [b]Hair:[/b] Short naturally dark brown hair, though it's dyed blonde as long as I know her. [b]Eye colour:[/b] Blue/Grey My mother is a French teacher. You're probably thinking "Why would anyone want to do that?". Well, she doesn't, really. She likes French, but she'd much rather do something else. The main reason she studied for French teacher was because it was the only one that she could do while still taking care of her children. Most of the children in her classes always thought she's a great teacher, so that's one of the reasons why she still does what she does. As far as our relation goes, she and I get along swell. We have humour that doesn't totally look like each other, but it connects somehow. Apart from that she has a great taste of music, though sometimes a bit old, which is to be expected, she's also a good cook and she can write very creative. She even taught me the basics of guitar (so she taught me all she could). A thing that bothers me greatly about my mom, is that she smokes. She tried to quit once, but after less than a year she just started again. Also, I can never have a discussion with her, because she always thinks we're getting hostile or something, so she cuts off the conversation and tries to talk about something else. But she's cool and I'll think of continuing this post later. How about [i]your[/i] mother?[/size]
  20. [size=1]You don't happen to be very social awkward and teased at school, thus spending your life on the internet playing violent games to be someone you can't be in 'real life', after which you start planning your revenge against everybody at school? Because this sounds like something someone would say who's about to take his father's pistol and start shooting around at his highschool. Please, correct me or fill me in where I went wrong or missed anything. After all, it's only a theory that's only a little bit more realistic than the little scene you just sketched.[/size]
  21. [size=1]Figured I'd make two as well, as I have a few Final Fantasy XII pictures on my computer anyway. [b]Basch[/b] [IMG]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3052/avaterbaschun6.png[/IMG] Nothing too fancy. Just the regular image from a Basch wallpaper, with the background image used in the left of the avater. [i]Edit:[/i] [iMg]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/9485/009cx4.jpg[/ImG] I just found this one wandering around in my harddisk. [b]Vaan[/b] [IMG]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4706/avatervaangb3.png[/IMG] This was just resized and cropped, to be honest. Enjoy them. :P[/size]
  22. [size=1]There you were telling us you had no inspiration and now you have all of this written out. I love what you made of it. I simply love it. The writing was original and it kept my attention the whole time, which is great, because stories on my computer screen never keep my attention very long. The subtleness of how you create and pass a very thin line between dream and reality, especially in the first half, plays with one's mind in a great way. The I didn't really like about it were the dialogues. The Mackenzie thing seemed really out of place to me and got me slightly distracted. As for myself, I would've probably used very little dialogue by "the man" and the main character and I think the parts where you talk to the reader are a bit unnecessary too. In the second half it's a bit unclear how the main character suddenly lands in several different dreams after each other, but you handled them nicely. The dream with the cows was continued great for example with the [i]"and of course a giant black hole has opened under my feet"[/i] quote. This was followed up directly by some an other great part. [quote=kalon][size=1]He?s sitting across from me again, and I?m not sure whether to like him, dislike him, or be neutral. I make a decision. My decision is to take a drink of the coffee, which is at the perfect temperature with just the right amount of sweetener. It?s a normal early morning, with the early traffic commuters around, some joggers, an old lady that I don?t know personally but I know her yappy obnoxious dog that?s torn into my yard before. I hate that dog like I hate those cows like I think I hate the guy sitting across from me.[/size][/quote]I really adore those two paragraphs. All together I think you made a really awesome short story. It's catchy, messes with one's mind, is original, has a lot of subtle humour through it and it has a catchy last line. Great job. Great to see the psychology and dreams thing worked out so well.[/size]
  23. [quote name='fire_fly52']i think what they called you heartless for is you voice your oppion like that in their time of need. they were just looking for someone to be sad with.[/quote][size=1]lol.[/size] [quote name='DaSilva][font=courier']That would be a general conversation. None of this has happened recently. Just events over time have caused me to question the way I reason. I apologize for not being clear at the beginning of my post.[/font][/quote][size=1]He has never informed us about how he would actually react on such a situation, but I'm glad that he has at least taken care of the idea that he would just tell them "I don't care" in their face.[/size]
  24. [size=1]As far as I know, it's the same with Windows (XP at least).[/size]
  25. [size=1]Very important is that you resize it down to 100 pixels high at most. Right now it's 112 or something, which is not allowed at OtakuBoards. The limitations for banners on OtakuBoards are [b]500[/b] pixels width and [b]100[/b] pixels in height. (500×100) Next you upload your image somewhere on the internet. I advice [url=http://imageshack.us]Imageshack.us[/url]. When you have the url of your banner, you go to Edit Signature in the menu of OtakuBoards. There you enter [IMG]Url in between[/IMG] and voila, you're done. Where I typed "Url in between", you place the link to your banner, of course.[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...