Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements


Recommended Posts

Posted
Yep we put family names first. Himura Kenshin if you say it in Japanese. Himura = Village? mura means village but not sure bout hi. Ken = Sword, Shin = heart. So village sword heart?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
That may explain it since low-class peasants were not allowed to have last names back then. I don't think the name Himura really exists anywhere in Japan in the real world. Atleast I never heard or read of it(and I went through the Japanese phone book one time so I know).
Posted
Yay!!!

Although I imagine that it'll be censored, but at last...CN will show the Kyoto Arc of Rurouni Kenshin. :D Don't forget--early June.

Also, I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but it's rumored that there will be new Inuyasha episodes this July 7th--ahh, what a lovely birthday gift. Hopefully, right?;)
Posted
Bout time for new Inuyasha episodes... I was getting sick of watching it up till Koga eps., hoping, hoping that it won't restart, and being disappointed...
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson][i]No new inuyasha eps till july? what the...Argh how come its taking them sooo long...Ive been watching the same set of eps for so long...Theyve been replayed like what 3 or 4x already...Sighz they need to get there act together...

Waiting is boring...argh...:flaming: [/i][/color][/size]
Posted
Its annoying that CN is the only place to get Inuyasha, Trigun, Gundam and such... gah I have nothing against Digimon and Pokemon but... this si why I asked my parents if we could move back to Japan -_-
Posted
What are Trigun and Inuasha on?!? And here i though the lineup was:5:00pm G Gundom, 5:30 Dragonball Z, 6:00pm YU YU Hackosue, 6:30 Rouin Kenchin and all the rest was carttons cartoons. Well my mastake! A friend told me that they started playing Inusha at like 1:00 am so she just recored it. I didn't even know CN had Trigun. I thought Saturday night were just Justis League and Zoids. Wait a minute we are talking about the line up in the US on the east coast right? cause if we aren't I feel like such an baka! Oh hey this is my firat post yay!
Posted
Trigun is on at 1:00 - 1:30 now a days since they moved Lupin to 12:00. Inuyasha is on from 12:30 - 1:00. Mondays - Thursdays
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson][i]Yeahhh they got rid of reign...Ugh i couldnt stand that series...I watched most of the eps the first tiem then when it got bumped back to 1:30 i quit watching all together...Rest in peace reign :sick:

And its nice to see lupin back on...Its an old series but still prett entertaining to say the least :toothy: [/i][/color][/size]
Posted
[color=crimson][font=times new roman]Aw thats lame...I really like Trigun...

Why dont they just take out Cowboy Bebop...I love the series but its been playing on Adult Swim for a long time now...Ive seen the entire series several times over now...

Also if there removing a series that means there adding another...So anyone know what the new series is? :therock:

***Edit***

OMG I love what Adult swim has done...They got rid of those crummy comic page things during ads and inbetween shows and added alot of fun simple text stuff instead...Some of it is HYSTERICAL...One of my favs tonight is for cowboy bebop...I think it went something like this:

[b]mamas dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys...Or bounty hunters...Unless your mandolorian.[/color][/font][/b]
Posted
:bawl: about CN if they remove my favorite anime. . .:flaming: grrr

I had to set my VCR tonight for "Between the Wasteland And the Sky" because I didn't want to raise suspicions by giving up my time to use the computer (something I NEVER do LOL, so that would make everyone suspicious of what was so special that I gave up my computer time for it. . .) Yeah, I'm 19, but as I noted in the parent disapproval thread, when you live at home and your parents probably wouldn't understand, you have to really hide well.

I know that posts are supposed to have substance and I don't want to get any warnings for not putting something good in here lol, so I wanted to add if anyone had heard that for now, both Trigun and Bebop are on Sunday-Monday nights too now! Woo. . .one more night of anime a week is always :cool: -^.^-

Oh, BTW, the new series is called "Kikiaider." I don't know much about it except that it's based on a Japanese live action show much like the Power Rangers or something. *Gag.* Can't they find better anime than that?
Posted
Ya know CN will piss you off. Starting either May 31st or June 7th, I believe Toonami will take off YYH and show DB again , but they will move YYH to saturdays in DB's time slot and they will show it from the begining. They just started it from the beginning about 2 weeks ago. Wish they'd quit moving things around. Also when Kikaider shows on Adult Swim, what show will be bumped off. They better not take off none, they need to just extend Adult Swim 30 more minutes, or add another hour to it and make it 4 hours. Unless they're gonna have a certain show on like the new Sunday/Monday version and only show it once a week :flaming::mad: ,CN has some programming issues if you ask me.
Posted
On july 7, they are going to start airing new inu yasha shows (finally). Also later this year they will show Zeta Gundam on Toonami, maybe thats whats happening on june 7.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rawl28[/i]
On july 7, they are going to start airing new inu yasha shows (finally).[/QUOTE]
Laf - I'll believe it when they don't loop to the beginning of the series again after Kagome and that damn Wolf Demon... ^_~[
Posted
shadowfire, I think they're bumping Trigun, or so I've heard, unless the number of fan complaints they have recieved somehow convinced them to change their minds (which rarely if EVER happens)
Posted
[color=green]*Curious as the what PriestessKikyo's post means, and whether she read the rules or not*>> Oh well.--

Anyways, about this...Kikaider...indeed it is a show quite a bit like Power Rangers, or so it seems. There is an anime of it, which they are showing on Adult Swim I suppose, but I truly hope not.-- Here are some pics...--

[img]http://yurichan.nerv.org/clip/200111/kikaider01-0101s.jpg[/img]
[size=1]Looks like an old show by the drawing style..hmm...[/size]

[img]http://www.rightstuf.com/images/large_images/av2170.jpg[/img]
[size=1]Yup...definatly an old show, and I've got to say, that looks reeeeally annoying.--[/size]

[img]http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/Kikaider/image/top.jpg[/img]
[size=1]Strange..[/size]


Cartoon Network has some strange taste. If you want to see more, just use google's image search...that's all.Oo[/color]
Posted
They are showing it on AS. . .and if they drop Trigun in the middle of its second run or they drop Bebop (I'm finally watching it-I'm a latecomer lol) to open a time slot for that. . .that excuse for anime >_< grrrr.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...