Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements


Recommended Posts

Posted
That's Down right dispicable. After all these years of Yu Yu Hakusho, they cancel it. They could of atleast given us the end to the Sensui Saga. Litterally my entire family loves Yu Yu Hakusho, they aren't gonna be happy to hear this. Hopefully they change their mind in the near future.
  • Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
I've got some Cartoon Network news to share with you all. It has to do with the new Yu-gi-oh series. Here it is:

[quote]Yu-Gi-Oh! GX on Miguzi (2005-09-26 12:41:43)
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX premieres on Cartoon Network's on Miguzi block October 10th at 5pm. New episodes will air 5 days a week, with 1 hour of repeats on Saturday and Sunday at 6pm (4 episodes on weekends, 5 during the week). [/quote]

Well, this is interesting. I've heard alot about Yu-gi-oh GX and i'm very curious to see what its all about.
Posted
Some ratings news:

[URL]http://medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_403.asp[/URL]

Naruto got 670,000 viewers with the 12-17 demographc, and 840,000 with 9-14! Also Zatch Bell got 850,000 with 9-14! Never since the days YYH, GT, and Kenshin roamed on a slightly less evil Toonami has anime gotten this good ratings on TV! Keep up the great work, Viz!
Posted
Maybe all this newfound clout will enable Viz to get Hikaru no Go on CN. Or maybe they'll just end up offering it to the FUNimation Channel instead. :animesigh

With the recent rumors about Viz having MAR, I wouldn't be surprised to see it join the other Viz series currently on Toonami.

~Dagger~
Posted
WHat is MAR I myself would like them to get something like Love Hina on AS its a comedy and a anime so it could pretty much go on either block cause we need something to replace Futurama I love it to death, but I'm tired of the reruns they need to stop.

Or they could put Mahou Sensei Negima on or just do what they should have done at first continue showing new episodes of Detective Conan.
Posted
I have another huge announcement made by AdultSwim for everyone here.

[url]http://www.adultswim.com/williams/news/index.html?http%3A//www.adultswim.com/williams/news/articles/default.html[/url]

[quote]
Halloween Special: Kakurenbo
10/07/2005

New York, NY (October 5, 2005) - Central Park Media is proud to announce its award-winning CG sci-fi horror anime Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek is to be broadcast just in time for Halloween on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block. An Adult Swim Halloween special and the Kakurenbo worldwide network television premiere, CPM's Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek will air at midnight on October 29th between episodes of Adult Swim favorites Fullmetal Alchemist and Samurai Champloo.

"Kakurenbo is an amazing, frightening, beautiful animation," said Newton Grant, Business Development Manager at Central Park Media. "And for Adult Swim to air the gritty, gothic story in time for Halloween, we couldn't be happier."

Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek is the first film by the new animation studio YAMATOWORKS, an independent computer graphics production house founded by Syuhei Morita, a veteran of the prolific Studio 4C (The Animatrix, Steamboy). Morita left Studio 4C to found YAMATOWORKS to create CG productions with the look and feel of a traditional 2D animation. Despite Kakurenbo being YAMATOWORKS's first project, Kakurenbo attracted some of the biggest voice acting talent on both sides of the Pacific -- its cast led by Junko Takeuchi (Naruto) in Japan and Michael Sinterniklaas (Alien 9, Fullmetal Alchemist) in North America.

Screened at more than twenty of the most-prestigious film festivals around the world including the Tokyo Anime Fair, Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival, and Fantasia International Film Festival, Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek has won awards including Best Short Film at Fantasia and the Exemplary Production Award at the Tokyo Anime Fair. Preview showings at Anime Expo, Comic-Con, and Otakon this past summer have been standing room only, and Kakurenbo continually receives critical acclaim. Play Magazine, a leading anime and gaming periodical, recently called Kakurenbo as timeless as it is beautiful." Anime on DVD, one of the most-visited anime websites, said Kakurenbo is "Haunting. Beautiful. Tragic. Brilliant."
[/quote]

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4485[/url]


Wow!!! This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for Halloween this year! :D
Posted
Has anyone ever been so irritated when you go to watch your shows but its been replaced with another show?I have, all sat. I go to see my shows and i see new shows on.Like when i was watching Ghost In The Shell the next sat. at the same time i see CowBoyBeBop on it gets me so irritated :animeangr ,So im wondering if it ever happened to you before? :animeswea
Posted
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1]Yeah, that has happened to me too. My example is the on demand anime on Comcast. They say one thing'll come on when something else does. It's so darn irritating. :animeangr [/SIZE] [/COLOR]
Posted
The evil TV Guide that comes with the newspaper...lol. I have the prime example of this past Saterday. I was so used to Futurama being on at 11 (i skip it), it took me TWO WEEKS to realize that they moved up Inuyasha into that time slot.
Posted
Dude its a killing when they do that like" wolf's rain"that was a show were i could have my chips ,cool-aid and boom a sweet day to relax...but no they had to kill my joy :animecry:
Guest kuroinuyoukai
Posted
yes. I started watching wolf's rain and it was cancelled. i started watching witch hunter robin and it was cancelled. I started watching ghost in the shell and it was cancelled. Why does Cartoon Network always cancel the good stuff!?!
Posted
[quote name='kuroinuyoukai']yes. I started watching wolf's rain and it was cancelled. i started watching witch hunter robin and it was cancelled. I started watching ghost in the shell and it was cancelled. Why does Cartoon Network always cancel the good stuff!?![/quote]


there probably trying to kill our emotions and i love wolf's rain that show was very emotional :animecry:* sniffle* thats not fair they cancelled all the good shows they shouldnt do that if the did they should tell us like a week later before they cancel anything! :animeangr
Guest kuroinuyoukai
Posted
I'm sorry I didn't realize. I have worked a lot of late nights these last couple of years! :catgirl:
Posted
[quote name='kuroinuyoukai']I only hope they do not cancel Inuyasha! I will be seriously steamed![/quote]

That won't happen, at least not until they finish the series. It is way to popular, and from what I have seen, the merchandise is selling very well.
Posted
[quote name='kuroinuyoukai']I only hope they do not cancel Inuyasha! I will be seriously steamed![/quote]



they better not im still watching the show :animeangr
Posted
[quote name='kuroinuyoukai']yes. I started watching wolf's rain and it was cancelled. i started watching witch hunter robin and it was cancelled. I started watching ghost in the shell and it was cancelled. Why does Cartoon Network always cancel the good stuff!?![/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? They never canceled anything! They showed Wolf Rain and WHR at least 3 times before they took it off for newer and better things. If you didn't see it, it was your own fault. Go buy the DVDs.

And they won't get rid of Inuyasha anytime soon. They still have premire episodes, and its one of their most popular animes.
Posted
[quote name='kuroinuyoukai']yes. I started watching wolf's rain and it was cancelled. i started watching witch hunter robin and it was cancelled. I started watching ghost in the shell and it was cancelled. Why does Cartoon Network always cancel the good stuff!?![/quote]

They aired every single episode of Wolf's Rain 3 times, with a few on-and-off repeats of smaller groups of episodes. They aired every episode single episode of Witch Hunter Robin 2 times, with a few on-and-off repeats of smaller groups of episodes. Ghost in the Shell had all of it's first season aired 3 or 4 times, and the 2nd season will be premiered November 19th at 11 PM. Adult Swim didn't cancel those shows. They aired every single episode multiple times. And outside of a few outright hated shows (i.e. Pilot Candidate, Reign) they'll often repeat shows again in the future. When they change the schedule around, they aren't "canceling". In fact, shouldn't you be happy that all of the shows you mentioned in your post aired in their entirety in a decent timeslot (by late-night standards) with multiple repeats AND that Adult Swim's anime line-up is nearly perfect with more new shows and episodes coming along the pipe? Now, if you are angry at Cartoon Network for not airing all of YYH, Gundam, and Kenshin, not renewing Jack and MEGAS, refusing to give JLU a consistant timeslot, not releasing enough DVDs, etc., your whining is perfectly deserved. But don't bug on AS for not finishing the upteenth run of a show most people have already seen.
Posted
heh it's the reason she started posting on this thread. I won't go too deep into my thoughts on WR since this isn't the place for it, but emotional was one thing I don't remember getting from this anime -minus the last 5-6 episodes. Since she hasn't seen it in it's entirety I'm curious what could possibly be emotional.

Off to Eva's many good points. They have to make room for new or yet to be shown on CN shows, so they stop showing some shows. The only problem I have with CN in this respect is that they stop showing animes half-way through and we get complaints like the recent crop of posts on this thread. I wish they would just end a series in it's entirety and then put on the next show, but I guess that planning like that is either too stressful or too much of a waste of time.

On another note: Anyone have any idea why CN is not renewing Megas, Jack, and YYH? I can understand Kenshin since it's been a while,but it'd be great if it came back. I know there was a post about YYH earlier, but is there more to it than just that as their reasons?
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
[quote]Digimon on Jetix (2005-11-01 17:22:18)
After successful airings on Toon Disney's Big Picture Show, Jetix will bring Digimon Movies 5, 6, and 7 to ABC Family. Digimon Movie 6: Runaway Locomon will air Sunday, November 6th at 9 AM. Digimon Movie 5: Battle of the Adventurers will air Sunday, November 20th at 9 AM. Digimon Movie 7: Island of the Lost Digimon will air Sunday, November 27th at 9 AM.[/quote]

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2271[/url]

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2946[/url]

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1684[/url]

I think this is pretty cool! I've always wanted to see more of the Digimon movies.
Guest Blood Shadow
Posted
[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]Now, I'm sorry if I break everybody's hearts, but this is the answer you didn't want to hear to the question you wanted to know the answer to:

As confirmed at Anime Weekend Atlanta, Yuyu Hakusho is not coming back. Ever. Why? "Ratings." For some reason, despite often tieing with Dragonball GT in terms of tween viewership, CN canceled it due to "ratings."

That's the last straw. Even if I like some of their shows, I now officially hate Cartoon Network (oddly enough, I love Adult Swim even though their new comedies have becoming increasingly crappy). They're the reason Hacked Piece is surviving, why every American action show they have of any quality is on the verge of cancelation, and now why I'll have to spend over $100 just to get 1 1/2 seasons of YYH. They are at new levels of suckiness now, and if they don't give Akins scheduling over Toonami in the next year, consider me a DVD-only dude.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting up at 5:30 on saturday mornings to watch YYH...it's not comepletely gone.....yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...