Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I dotn know but are you mixing me up with John again Juu?

Mystic's Knight
Etarah's Maverick

? Lol...

I knew wat Etarah was, it's PannyChan ;)'s name heh.
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]*dodges tomatoes*

I'm really off today. ^_^;;;

*crawls under chair*

[b]Edit:[/b] Etarah's Maverick... Syk3... Piromunkie...[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=darkred]Semjaza's I always saw as Semjaza Azrael. I'm pretty alright with everybody else.

And I can pronounce Mnemolth's name! Whoa, I feel proud. (I know your name is from a book. I'm not entirely sure [i]what[/i] book.)[/color]
Posted
I always thaught (even to this day until reading this thread) that Transtic Nerves name was - Transic Nerve x_X *Gets beat on by TN*

No one has misspelled my name, only if it's a typo, but my RP name (i have a few, but this is also my AIM name) Shin Bangkai (AIM = ShinBangkai) It's pretty easy Shin-Bang-K-eye.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i]
[B]You've got it right. :)

Its pronounced nem-moth. The M is silent.

I'm still waiting for someone to figure out where my name is from... :D [/B][/QUOTE]

pern? or anime?
Posted
desbreko=Debresko
hehe. Thats just what I see in it :p
And I have it with more names but I dont have onein my head right now and im too lazy to think which they were again :p
Posted
I always pronounced Mnemolth and Memnolth in my mind... Also, Lalaith Ril as Lailith Ray. ^_^;; Oh yeah, and for the longest time I kepy reading "syk3" as Sky. I'm finally getting it right now, but my eyes just kept seeing sky there. Hehe...

A lot of people seem to type my name wrong. O.o They either mix it up was amibasuki's name, or they put ambioshi or something like that.... V.V lol.
Posted
[color=009966]For some reason, I imagine Liamc2's name differently. How do you pronounce that anyway?

Lai am
Lee am
Lie am
Lai ahm
Lee ahm
Lie ahm?

As for Lady Macaiodh's name....well, I don't know how to pronounce that except for the "Lady" part. :bluesweat [/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lyka [/i]
[B]pern? or anime? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well neither actually. :D

Mnementh would be the dragon from McCaffrey's world. As for anime, my name is not from there as far as I know, though of course, I haven't seen a fraction of all the anime out there so...you never know...;)

The closest would be Mnemoth from HellBlazer, as Semjaza said somewhere, but no, that's not quite it either.

I do remember telling someone from OB the origins of my name here, but I forgot who, and they shouldn't be saying either, it'd spoil the fun. :p

In any case, I doubt anyone would be able to guess where my name comes from, because its from a very old and obscure book. How old and obscure you say? Enough to not come up on any Google searches on the web, and that's saying something! ;)
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue] BigCajones = Big Cajoneys, mainly because I am always tired and my brain can't do pronounciations.
Semjaza Azazel = Sam Jazz Azel, because it's too many z...z...z
Syk3 = Sykey Boy, because that's just plain dumb.
Genkai = Jen Cow, I think because his avatar has a cow on it.
Well, that's what stood out from the list in my brain. I'll edit if I see anymore[/color][/size]
Posted
If you think my name is hard to say, I'd be scared and start backing away because, c'mon! Dragon Warrior! For Gosh sakes. People have mistakened it before, but they're not bright anyways.

Now what's easy to do is mispronounce my real name, Gavin. Let me name off a list of things I've been even called by my friends:

Garvin
Gayvin (shut up)
Given
Gavan
Gavers (well... it was a mistake, but now sort of a nickname)
Gaven
Gavyn
Geevin
Garven
Givan
Givyn
Govan
Gavic
Gavi
Gavai
Gibbon

and there's some more, but trust me, the list goes on and on...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]I always pronounced Mnemolth and Memnolth in my mind... Also, Lalaith Ril as Lailith Ray. ^_^;; Oh yeah, and for the longest time I kepy reading "syk3" as Sky. I'm finally getting it right now, but my eyes just kept seeing sky there. Hehe...

A lot of people seem to type my name wrong. O.o They either mix it up was amibasuki's name, or they put ambioshi or something like that.... V.V lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow someone pronounced my name wrong! Its kinda messed up how I pronounce my name

La-Laeeth Ree-Al

Thats how you pronounce my name!

I used to have problem pronouncing your name as well...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i]
[B]Wow someone pronounced my name wrong! Its kinda messed up how I pronounce my name

La-Laeeth Ree-Al

Thats how you pronounce my name!

I used to have problem pronouncing your name as well... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Yay! I got it right! ^ .^ *hops around happily*
At first, I thought it was lay-lith ril, then la-laith ril. ^_^

Celia still can't pronounce it. She's been saying 'Lay-liath' for the longest time now. @ .@'

*hides under desk*[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deedlit [/i]
[B][color=009966]For some reason, I imagine Liamc2's name differently. How do you pronounce that anyway?

Lai am
Lee am
Lie am
Lai ahm
Lee ahm
Lie ahm?
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess it pays to get bored and investigate topics.

Well I know how to pronounce it (thank goodness), but I don't know quite how to type it ><;

[b]Lee[/b] [i](as in the name) [/i] and [b]m[/b] [i](as in a,b,c,d etc)[/i]

Hope that helps somewhat ^^
Posted
This has really turned into a pronunciation crisis! :box:

I knew how to say your name Liam, just sorta when I look at it makes me think of mc2, or c4, or LEEM2..beh...oddballed things.
Posted
[color=royal blue]What drives me bonkers is when someone writes my name--and they always put "Lynn" instead of "Lyn". Or "Lin" instead of "Lyn".
It's Lyn.
See?
*points to S/N*
Heh.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...