Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I am thinking about changing theOtaku.com's name/domain to something more anime related. This will not affect OtakuBoards.com at all.

My concern is primarily that theOtaku.com might be too difficult a name to pronounce and remember.

Tell me what you honestly think.

-Adam
Posted
[color=darkblue]I kinda wish you wouldn't, for reasons of nostalgia, but if you think it would be better for the site, then I guess go ahead.

:bawl:

But I don't have to like it!

p.s. I voted for "I don't care" even though I do.

p.s.s. Maybe we should ask some newbies who don't have such emotional ties.[/color]
Guest cloricus
Posted
[color=teal]Adam, I really don't think you should. I know I stayed (Make your own mind up if that was a good thing or not) because it was different.
Not just the same old Anime.com type of address, theOtaku had meaning to it.
Yes I know it took me a week to remember how to spell it, but that's what bookmarks and homepages are for. :D

Personally I don't think you should and even though the site would be the same I wouldn't like it as much.[/color]
Posted
Keep it as is. It's a brilliant title and changing the name would mean I'd have to remember it, and I'd be forever cursed to forget the new name and be forced to wander lonely beaches while moaning 'theotaaaaaaakuuuuu' and shaking chains.

Now we don't want that do we?
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Still going on about changing the name Adam? Well with all respect due I honestly don't think you should change the name on theOtaku. Any anime fan that truely is into anime should know what an otaku is and as for the spelling that's a give in. O_o

Don't change it that is unless you want to call it TheRickHunter.com ^_^ I wouldn't mind that at all. :p ;)

Seriously though don't change it!
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]No way! ><;
I love the site's name because it's especially easy to remember. Plus, it's unique, and different from most other anime sites. I don't like websites that have like, 'movies.com' or 'anime.net' because it's not very creative...

TheOtaku's definately great as it is, and I definately think you should keep it. ^_^

*begs* Please? o.o[/color] [/size]
Posted
It's your site. I say do as you like. I honestly never liked the word Otaku and its connotations, but that's me.

What do you mean by anime relatated? If it's something like AnimeWarehouse (that's a better one heh) or some weird fansite-ish type name, I think you should stick with theOtaku heh.

As for your concerns... theotaku.com is one of the easier URLs to remember. I don't think that's something you need to worry about. It also does bring a whole anime/manga impression along with it, regardless of my opinion on the word itself.

You're probably best off just keeping it how it is and not confusing the people that currently visit.
Posted
[color=#808080]Ah yes, see Adam? Hehe

theOtaku.com is a brand that has been built up over a period of years. It's become a major name amongst the anime community on the Internet; and one of the world's premiere anime sites.

To change "theOtaku.com" would be like changing "Nintendo". It's a well recognized name with a lot of nostalgia attached. I think the name itself is quirky and suitable for the content we offer...and even if it [i]were[/i] a horrible name, it has so much warmth and nostaliga attached that I think changing it would be a really negative thing.

But I've expressed that view to you before. So you know how I feel. ~_^[/color]
Posted
I woudn't mind changing the name. But, like Semjaza said, the new name should be creative, and not something like "James' Anime Corner".

I voted I don't care, but that's because you left out the "Other" option.
Posted
[color=royal blue]*pulls a fancy medallion on a chain out and waves it in from of Adam*

You will not change the naaaaaaaaaame, you will not change the naaaaaaaaame.

And if that doesn't work, don't change it. Nostalgia indeed. Plus, it's just plain easy to remember. As for the connotations--well, I was never one to be bothered with them. ;)[/color]
Posted
adam if you change the name newbies like me will get confused. thefore i'll get so confused i will have to go t a new website to find stuff on my favorite anime movie(vhd:bloodlust). plus i told my friend to get on and for a couple of days she can't get on the computer or the phone so if you change it she'll think i lied about the PERFECT anime website ever.
Posted
[color=darkred]I agree with James, changing theOtaku.com to something else would be like changing a major corporation's name. But it is evident that asking the Otakuboards.com community has resulted in biased poll results. But then again it's really the visitor's oppinion that counts right?

Ok, well I voted 'no'. The site is known as 'theOtaku.com' and it does stick in one's head, and if it doesn't, there's always the 'favorites' tab ;). It's up to you, but it seems to me that the majority want it to stay as it is.[/color]
Posted
[FONT=arial]I don't really care eitherway. theOtaku.com sounds fine, but if you've come up with something better, than go ahead and use it. 'what's in a name,' anyway? it'll still be the same site whether the name is changed or not.
[/FONT]
Posted
[color=red][b]Changing the name of TheOtaku would be like changing Pepsi's name to "Cola". TheOtaku is it's own brand of anime, it has it's own style. I can't think of any other anime site out there with the word "otaku" in the address that is not related somewhat to this site. TheOtaku stands out from the rest, lets keep it that way. :)[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I say keep the name unless you want to change it to WeLoveSephiroth.com

At least then I could understand :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]WHOOHOO! I like that idea! Heh, that'd be so funny.

I voted no. I like the name and it is easy to remember. Nothing complicated about it at all.

*Holds up a sign that says "Sephy I'm pregnant with your baby!" ^_^*[/color][/size]
Posted
Adam it would be a good Idea to keep the name it adds sort of a more unique affect to the site you should keep it the way it is.
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1].: Votes "No" :.

theOtaku.com is not that hard to remember at all. It is quite a unique name, so, if anything, it is only going to be easier to remember. There is not much out there to confuse it with.

It is a great name, Adam. It is the first name I think of when someone asks for an anime site. It stands out from the rest. :)[/color][/size]
Posted
heh, I agree with most of us, don't change it ^_^ even if it pronounces wrongly, it's always spelt right, which is what matters on the internet!

^_^ So, don't change it! It would confuse me too much when one day I couldn't find it *cries at the thought* I would be LOST!
Posted
Quite possibly the only yhing i would change it to would be otaku.com. Thats it. Other than that, i would not change a thing. it just would be another site that i would need to remember, because theotaku.com kinda rolls off the fingers on to the keyboard very well.
Posted
Theres nothing wrong with it all and should remain the same. Besides if people have something to offer the site they won't forget it so easily. But then again since i can't get into theotaku cuz the stupid block (see lounge)......nooo
leave it!
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...