Sara Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [size=1]Fred Rogers died today. [URL=http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1401&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20030227%2F154165792.htm&sc=1401]News Story.[/URL] "One by one, all my childhood dreams are shattered...." *sigh*[/size]
DeathKnight Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [color=crimson]Yeap. I guess it aint a beautiful day in the neighborhood, anymore. Rest in Peace.[/color]
Syk3 Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 Yeah, my mom told me this morning. I remember when I used to watch him soooooooooooo long ago...then I went to elementary school. It's very sad, and lots of kids will miss him, even though all of his shows are repeats I hear. In honor of him, I made Charles get his Mr. Rogers avatar back. :)
Heaven's Cloud Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [color=indigo]I never trusted Mr. Rogers...I always thought he liked children a bit too much, if you catch my drift. He always seemed so creepy with his quite drawl, his cardigan sweater, and all of those wierd puppets. It wouldn't suprise me if Fred Rogers had shattered some childhood dreams before he passed away.[/color]
Sara Posted February 27, 2003 Author Posted February 27, 2003 [size=1]*clobbers H Cloud* Speak not ill of my childhood idol![/size]
Heaven's Cloud Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i] [B][size=1]*clobbers H Cloud* Speak not ill of my childhood idol![/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]Come on Sara, what do you think he meant when he sang to children "oh please won't you be my neighbor" with those come hither eyes. Do you think a grown man keeps a toy train and a bunch of puppets in his living room unless he wants to seduce young children? It really wouldn't suprise me if old Freddy boy was a member of NAMBLA[/color]
NeoCactuar Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i] [B][color=indigo]Come on Sara, what do you think he meant when he sang to children "oh please won't you be my neighbor" with those come hither eyes. Do you think a grown man keeps a toy train and a bunch of puppets in his living room unless he wants to seduce young children? It really wouldn't suprise me if old Freddy boy was a member of NAMBLA[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Dude, that's sick. Really sick.
Semjaza Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 Must everyone make light of someone's death? Hell, I hated the show with a passion all my life, but show some respect.
XxmagentaxX Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 I was really bummed when I saw that on the MSn homepage... I grew up watching him on PBS... all those stupid puppets. I dunno why but I loved the owl... he was so cute. I also really liked it whenever the puppets were at the school house. I hated the prince and the king. The prince creeped me out for some reason... Those were good memories... Hopefully the next couple of generations will enjoy him as much as I did groowing up
spike speigel Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 My friend told me today. Poor Mr. Rogers. He was a good man... Oh well. I'll get over it.
KittyLynn Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 I miss him..I was sadder when Mr.Dress-up died...I'll be recked when Bob Barker dies..
Kei Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [color=royalblue]Yes, I too was saddened by Mister Rogers passing. I even made a dedication of sorts in my sig. I used to watch him everyday. I saw him singing on GMA this morning, and I was like "Oh, no. Not Mister Rogers." And then Diane Sawyer said "Yes, it's a beautiful day and a sad one as well." I about fell over. I'll really miss him.[/color]
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 My friend told me this morning. I was really sad. I used to love his show when I was little. So sad that he died....but at least we know Mister Rodgers is in a better place than the neighborhood now (hopefully).
Juu Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [color=ff00cc] [size=1]I remember when I was about five, I fell asleep while I was watching the show before school. ^_^; Our teachers were talking about it all day. oO; Our math teacher still watches CBS, and she was really upset all day. I never really got into the show very much though. Although, I'm still kind of shocked...[/color] [/size]
Angelus Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 In my opinion, if there was one person and one person alone that we could clone... It would have been Mr Rogers.
GinnyLyn Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 Poor poor man... I was just reading an article in the newspaper last month about jobs he could take if he wasn't on the show. It was a lighthearted article, mind, but it reminded us what he was capable of. Dude, the guy's a pastor, as is my understanding. I once watched outtakes of his show, and he never once swore--not even when the tent pole hit his head. Mr. Rogers, we'll miss ya...
silentdeath Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 do you know what's scary about it, last night i was looking around our science fair projects in the gym and some of them where sooooo laaaaammmmmeeee,anyway, i said quote "it's not a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and then i woke up. i'll never say something like that again, i loved mr. rogers
Harry Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i] [B][color=indigo]Come on Sara, what do you think he meant when he sang to children "oh please won't you be my neighbor" with those come hither eyes. Do you think a grown man keeps a toy train and a bunch of puppets in his living room unless he wants to seduce young children? It really wouldn't suprise me if old Freddy boy was a member of NAMBLA[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Viagra wasn't around back then (atleast when I watched it) so I doubt it.
Charles Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 Man, I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I knew that Mr. Rogers was old, but I didn't realize he was pushing eighty. It's very heartbreaking. I grew up watching his show and it's better than most of the garbage pushed on children's television today. There was no violence or anything of that nature--it was just so [i]pure[/i]. Men like Mr. Rogers are rare. Sadly enough, today's children will never get to grow up with him. What a bummer. I'm especially saddened that he had to die from such a nasty disease.
Mitch Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 [color=red] Somewhere far off the children cry. Somewhere far off the sky isn't as shiny as it used to be. The world is moving on, but they've lost and lost--something is dying. The pure innocence of being a child ruffs through my hair. It blows in the wind and sways, wandering off. Something has died, it can't quite be pinned. It wasn't just a momentary death, either. It was something more. That man emblazoned more than just a man, he was an entire era. He was an entire generation. Far away I can still hear the tune play. Far away, maybe in years and years after and come, children will still smile, and remember. Mr. Rogers will smile that genuine smile, saying so suavely and wonderfully: "Won't you be my neighbor?" And somewhere, somewhere far off and gone, his grave will stand, the forefront to the death of a generation. And the tears will fall and tumble into a nothingness that will never be filled by any such figure ever again.[/color]
wrist cutter Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i] [B]I grew up watching his show and it's better than most of the garbage pushed on children's television today. There was no violence or anything of that nature--it was just so [i]pure[/i]. Men like Mr. Rogers are rare. Sadly enough, today's children will never get to grow up with him. [/B][/QUOTE] I agree. I hope they play reruns, like how they still have Peanuts in the Sunday newspaper. Mr. Rogers is so much better than many other children's shows, I hope that my kids will be able to watch him even though I never did.
Frankie Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 man i watched Mr.Rogers when i was sooo stinking young. Right along the reading rainbow *falls down with swirls for eyes* Man.... i dont like memory lane... anyways I guess it is kind of sad ... i agree with WC here
Sui Generis Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 I loved Reading Rainbow!!! I'll miss Mr. Rogers....that was a great show....good memories. One of the last true GOOD kids shows...
Frankie Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 yes reading rainbow rocked but thats off the subject MR.rogers kind of scared me when i was a kid though i mean... who changes clothes every time they go in or out of their house... when its all looking the same anyways *shakes head*
Corey Posted February 28, 2003 Posted February 28, 2003 I always watched this show when I was a child. I still occasionally watch the show when I can catch it. Goodbye Mr. Rogers, you'll always be my favortie neighbor. ------------------ Thanks to whoever merged the topics... I didn't see Sara's.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now