OtakuBoards

Manga: Shonen Jump!

OtakuSennen

I just love it oh so much! Does anybody here read it?.. I especially enjoy Naruto... Uh.. Does anybody here know what the next manga they're gonna put in is? I know a lot of people are saying Rurouni Kenshin, but Viz just announced they're publishing Kenshin in graphic novel form, not monthly magazine form... OOH IS IT HUNTER X HUNTER OR PRETTY FACE!? Please tell me it's Hunter X Hunter or Pretty Face!!!.. Thanks a bunch! ^_^

[color=red][font=times new roman]Oye...large text hard on eyes...Looks too much like all caps...:rolleyes:

hehe but anywayz...Yeah SJ is great. I really like every manga they have in it(Except maybe SandLand...Not the greatest...)

In a couple of SJ's surveys they've asked about putting sports manga in but I really wouldnt like it if they did...I like my fantasy stuff...Forget sports :p

And someone brought up putting hunter x hunter in but they said they probably wouldnt do it since yu-yu is by the same artist and didnt want to have 2 mangas by the same artist running at the same time (Funny how they didnt seem to care when they picked 2 toriyama series at the same time...)It would be a great addition because its a very excellent manga indeed...heres hoping :D [/color][/font]

Heehee... I'm great... :devil

I know what you meant. ^^ I've only read Shonen Jump when I find it in the store, but I like a lot!! After the way 4Kids messed up the Yu-Gi-Oh anime, I love seeing it in its original manga form. ^^v *grin* I like Jou's hair better in the manga too, for some reason...

~SJ

Yeah.. The Jump people rarely give a straight answer, and when they do, it's pretty much hypocritical... :( That disappoints me. But forget watching a decent Shaman King anime, 4Kids entertainment, ruiners of Yu-Gi-Oh!, are translating it.. Byebye, decent dubbed , manga- based anime..... :( How are they gonna have the fight with Ren, all that blood? Just say that Yoh had coffee in his pocket when Ren harmlessly whacked him with his Vorpal Dance technique? I bet Yoh'll sound like a retard...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B]Yeah.. The Jump people rarely give a straight answer, and when they do, it's pretty much hypocritical... :( That disappoints me. But forget watching a decent Shaman King anime, 4Kids entertainment, ruiners of Yu-Gi-Oh!, are translating it.. Byebye, decent dubbed , manga- based anime..... :( How are they gonna have the fight with Ren, all that blood? Just say that Yoh had coffee in his pocket when Ren harmlessly whacked him with his Vorpal Dance technique? I bet Yoh'll sound like a retard... [/B][/QUOTE]

That is the exact thing I'm scared of. *sighs* And I was so happy when I learned it was being translated. Oh well, something is better than nothing right?
...right?

Shonen Jump rocks. My favorite manga are Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Yu-Gi-Oh. Actually, I like all of them, even though Sandland doesn't seem quite up to par with the rest.

As for the Shaman King dub, it's being done by Taj Studios Inc., the same people that did the Pokemon, Slayers and Utena dubs (the latter of which was good, IMO, especially the movie). Hopefully there will be an uncut Japanese version available. I wonder who's going to distribute it... probably FUNimation.

[COLOR=darkblue]Just let me start out by saying that I think Yu-gi-oh!is very overhyped. It's everywhere in SJ! And... it annoys me. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]I think that YYH is the best manga in SJ, but Naruto and One Piece isn't far behind. Excuse me for not liking Akra Toriyama's work at all. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Another thing irks me... SJ is popular in the anime club at my school... but onl girl read it. It's SHONEN jump, and I think not enough guys I know read it. Funny. [/COLOR]

Yeah, YYH is the best manga in Jump so far. I've seen the whole series of HunterXHunter, and I would be so happy if it was put in Jump, but I doubt it. (It's currently running in Bonzai! in Germany...y'know, the German equivalent of Jump?)
Hmm...Jump never would lead too much into what manga they'd put in next. For a while they had me convinced it was going to be Kenshin, but now that they're putting it in manga form, I doubt it.
Naruto is my second favorite manga. It's hilarious! I'm a big fan of comedy manga...although I hate sports manga. I tend to stick more to the action/fantasy/sci-fi types. ^_^
One piece isn't too bad, I really liked the Clown guy...I forgot his name. ^_^;;
Yeah, it would be funny if Pretty Face was added to Jump...seeing as the rest of the manga in it currently is all action-based...^_^

I cannot stands American Shounen Jump. If you're going to make a remake of Shounen Jump for america, keep the "ou", don't cut out the "u" because of American standards. But that isn't the real reason I hate American Shounen Jump. I think if you're going to make an American version of Shounen Jump do it like the Nippon version.[B]Release it weekly, not monthly![/B]

Also, I don't think the topic creator can read. Because if he could he would know that the Rurouni Kenshin Manga is being put in Shounen jump in August. It is being released in Shounen Jump, as well as in individual tomes.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Youko Minamino [/i]
[B]I cannot stands American Shounen Jump. If you're going to make a remake of Shounen Jump for america, keep the "ou", don't cut out the "u" because of American standards. But that isn't the real reason I hate American Shounen Jump. I think if you're going to make an American version of Shounen Jump do it like the Nippon version.[B]Release it weekly, not monthly![/B]

Also, I don't think the topic creator can read. Because if he could he would know that the Rurouni Kenshin Manga is being put in Shounen jump in August. It is being released in Shounen Jump, as well as in individual tomes. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=royalblue][rb][/COLOR] [FONT=century gothic][cg][/FONT] [SIZE=3]big[/SIZE] [B][boldedness][/B] They have their reasons for not releasing it weekly, o smart one. (Notice sarcasm) And the Rurouni Kenshin manga comes out September...oh wait, November in Shone Jump, and I don't gots a problem with the spelling of Shonen...it looks more sane to write it "Shonen" rather than "Shounen". That's just my opinion....:p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cowboytai [/i]
[B]shonen jumps the best i really like naruto. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I would just ask that you please clean up your post quality and make more coherent posts. Thank you.

*Queen Asuka*[/color][/size]

I am a fan of Shonen Jump as well as American comics (specifically, Spider-Man and his three current spin-offs: Spider-Girl, Venom, and Kingpin.) I enjoy recieving SJ every month, and enjoy most of the manga inside.

Specifically, I love Shamen King, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naturo and One Piece (in no particular order.) I like Yu Yu Hakusho, but not as much as the others. I am completely neutral on DBZ, and I don't like SandLand at all.

However, I will not be renewing my subscription next year, because they're releasing all their mangas in paperback format, so i'd rather wait and buy thoses.

(Incidentally, I'm also doing the same thing with the various Spider-Man titles I read.)

I've been a subscriber to Shonen Jump ever since the first issue was released.
I have to say it introduced me to some pretty good manga, my favorites being One-Piece and Naruto.

Oh and they have a theme song now, you might want to check it out at their site.
:D

Yeah, I really like Shonen Jump. I like pretty much every manga in there.. well accept for Sandman. I'm going to start subscibing... it gets annoying to go to the store every month to get it. I'm glad they are going to put Rurouni Kenshin in Shonen Jump. But anyway.. I think I'll stick with Shonen Jump for awhile! :D

I read Shonen Jump. I get the montly issue. I like One Piece Naruto and Shaman King.

I'm pretty sure Hunter X Hunter is coming before Pretty Face. I'm not sure. But if I remember correctly I got the second issue and it was the first I got and they were talking about Hunter X Hunter. I dunno. I think it's Hunter X Hunter.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know for sure.

Ok,...i saw the first post and knew the answer....In the July issue they said it...

[QUOTE]LOOK FOR THE [SIZE=3]RUROUNI KENSHIN[/SIZE] MANGA COMING THIS NOVEMBER![/QUOTE]

just thought you'd like to know....

I like Shonen, and have every issue from #5 up..including the new issue with Goku doing a kamehamewha on it :D My favorite is Shamen king...DBZ...Yu Yu.....Sand Land.....Yu-Gi-Oh!, and kindas like One Peice! Heck, i like 'em all!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Youko Minamino [/i]
I think if you're going to make an American version of Shounen Jump do it like the Nippon version.Release it weekly, not monthly!QUOTE]

Hmm..in one of the Q&A sections..they had osmeone sday that..hold on *runs to getv SJ magazine* * doesn't feel like looking through every q&a secton in his SJ magazines* *runs back it* I remember it anyway....

a guy asked if theywere gonna switch and do it like that..they said:

In abel to do that, we would have to translate and print 400 pages a week. They can't do that. You notice that the Weekly SJ in Japan isn't as big as SJ in America. Also, SJ ni America is taking it's time to translate so that you can have high quality mangas.

I'd wather has a high quality that is big and comes out every month than one that is low quality and is small but ocmes otu every week.

Nate

EDIT: I see that it has been answered already...

Heh. When it said "Look for Rurouni Kenshin manga coming in November!" that doesn't necessarily mean that it's coming in Shonen Jump.. It could be in graphic novel form as well.. It didn't say "Look for Rurouni Kenshin manga coming to Shonen Jump this November!" ..Of course, they are promoting Kenshin a ton...

[color=brown][size=1]IMHO, I think Naruto is the best manga since Yu Yu Hakusho...Kishimoto has such "style" and humor with great action and put into that one manga.Just like Yoshiro did with YYH.

Hikaru no Go has gotten licensed by Viz...if I don't see it in Shonen Jump by the end of the year...I'm going to take a toilet paper roll at throw it at the Viz peoples![/size][/color]

[quote]
IMHO, I think Naruto is the best manga since Yu Yu Hakusho...Kishimoto has such "style" and humor with great action and put into that one manga.Just like Yoshiro did with YYH.
[/quote]
"IMHO"?.. In my hobo's opinion?.. -_- Well, I agree, Kishimoto-sama has a very distinct style... (He makes the pupils really really tiny without making everyone look way to eccentric..) Naruto's overall personality make him funny, IMO..

[quote]
Hikaru no Go has gotten licensed by Viz...if I don't see it in Shonen Jump by the end of the year...I'm going to take a toilet paper roll at throw it at the Viz peoples!
[/quote]
Hikaru no Go? No Hikaru no Go...! I don't want any more game manga filling the pages of Jump.. Yu-Gi-Oh! is enough as it is, if not too much... I'd seriously prefer something actiony but not corny, like another Naruto-style show... *draws manga that is pretty much a knock-off of Naruto*