OtakuBoards

Black Horizon [Rated R for Language, Violence, Heavy Gore, Sexual Perversion]

Corey

[color=2244CC][size=1]Allen strode into the cockpit and immediatey rushed over to the unconcious Sam.

[b]Allen-[/b] "How's Sam?" He was fine. Wounded. Concussed. But alive. He walked over to Tex. "Arthur is trying to repair the thrusters. I hope he's alright. As for the others, I have no idea where they are." He walked over to a terminal and punched up a few different screens. A short conversation passed between Satell and Tex, but Allen could care less. The damage was pretty bad. Thrusters offline. A few dozen punctures that were repaired and holding. One that was still depressurizing the ship. He clicked his radio over to Rubens carrier signal.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Ruben? Ruben come in. This is Captain Chubbs." Static came back to him.

[b]Ruben-[/b] "Captain? Thank God. I was beginning to think I was lost."

[b]Allen-[/b] "I'm glad to hear you're not. Now there's a puncture about twenty feet port of you. Plug it and go round up the rest of the crew. I want everyone at their stations in less than twenty minutes. Clear?"

[b]Ruben-[/b] "Crystal." He removed his radio and set it down. Rubbing his head he walked over to Satell.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Are you ok?"[/size][/color]

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=royalblue]Darling, Sam was already taken to sick bay by Trini and Van. We were alone from square one.
~~~~~~~~
[i]She stood up slowly, then took a few shaky steps over to him and collapsed into his arms. Allen caught her swiftly and held her up against him. Her blood pressure was elevated, her breath coming fast. He looked at her, and saw her lips were starting to tinge blue.[/i]

"I....I...can't..."

"What is it?"

[i]She looked up at him, her eyes pleading with him for something he couldn't find, then she gapsed out the words.[/i]

"Punctured...lung..?"

[i]He looked down and saw her lab coat stained with red. .....The Captain groaned and shoved his palm against the wound, sealing the leak in her lungs, which was hauntingly similar to the hull breach. She coudln't breathe, the air was escaping through the wound in her side.....and she could easily die if he didn't hold her still.[/i]

"....hel-..."

"Don't speak."[/COLOR]

As Ruben finished his conversation with Chubbs, an immense wave of relief washed over him.

Now, for port... Port... left. That's it. Turning, he hurried down the corridor, rubber soled boots pinging slightly on the metal grating. He found the puncture, and plugged it up. Now he only had to find out where everyone else was hiding. Heading towards the Mess Hall, Ruben wiped his hands on the rough fabric of his overalls.

Back then, things had been getting worrying.

And what a coincidence that the storm happened just after he found out about the ship... shivering slightly, Ruben dismissed his foolishness, and continued down the hall, albeit in a more hurried fashion.

[color=#707875][size=1][i]Van called for Trini to get back up to Satell and get the Captain to bring her down to the surgery, if he didn't she didn't have much of a chance for survival. His young assistant's face drained of color as she realised that something else had happened.

Five or six minutes later the Captain brought Satell in holding her between his arms and laid her down on the table. Van called for the Captian to move back as Van took a sealing compound from a press near him. He leaned over Satell, he was worried she had lost a lot of blood and he had to seal the wound before he could give her a transfusion.

He took off her shirt and saw exactly where her lung had been punctured, he bit his lip, it was deep and Van just prayed that the compund would seal the hole. Van took the compound and began to spread it over her wound and then applying the synthetic fibres to cover over the gash, he stepped back and waited to see if any fresh blood came through. He held his breath................................................................................... and then sighed, it held and there was no more blood loss.[/i]

[b]Van:[/b] Captain I need to give Satell a blood Transfusion and right now your my man. Go to the freezer in the next room and get me four of the blood packs and a transfusion unit.....

[b]Van:[/b] [i]Far more quietly,[/i] Please, hold on Satell.....[/color][/size]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Her body wasn't decompressing, quite unlike earlier, but she wasn't improving either. Van took her temperature. It was falling rapidly, faster than he thought healthy for someone who had gone into ....fuck, shock. Trini rushed over and covered her with a heat sealing blanket. Satell didn't move, still passed out cold, nothing but the dense rattle of air escaping her lips.

Two minutes later.

Van pushed her hair back and felt her forehead once more. It was slowly warming up, but she still was a deathly pale, the color of death. The Captain returned with the blood packs, and Trini expertly hooked one up to an IV stand. Van took the needle in his palm, flicked her hand and prayed she had enough blood pressure to make her veins appear.

She didn't.[/i]

"Satell please...."

[i]The doctor and nurse both heard the plead in their Captain's voice. It was the most human sound they had heard all day. She sucked in air desperately, it still wasn't enough, but the oxygen wasn't going to work either...if her lungs were still shot.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=2244CC][size=1][b]Van-[/b] "Captain, she's not responding to anything. Even though lungs repair themselves fast, she needs blood to do it. I can't get a good vein..." He trailed off. Allen watched the breath whisper in and out of Satells partially open mouth. This had been exactly why he didn't want her on this mission... He had known the risks. He had known the previous mission inside and out.

[b]Allen-[/b] "I can't lose her Van... Do whatever you have to." The doctor nodded and retreated to a back room. Allen moved to Sattel's head and kissed the corner of her cool mouth. "Don't leave me..." Van came back with an extremely long needle and hooked it up to the IV machine with accuracy that can only come from years of experiance.

[b]Van-[/b] "Captain. This is going to cause her a lot of pain. If you want to leav-"

[b]Allen-[/b] "I'm not going anywhere Mr Ambrose. Do what you need to save her." He nodded again and carefully slid the needle into her collerbone and beneath her remaining lung. Her face contorted slightly, but she didn't jerk. He slipped the needle into her aorta and began the transfusion.

Slowly, color began to retun to her face. Warmth came back to her skin. And her breathing came down from ragged gasps to a more normal rate. Her eyes fluttered for a moment and opened. Allen smiled and kissed her full on the mouth. When he pulled away, tears dripped down his face. There were small drops of water on Satell's face aswell.

Van carefully brought the incredibly thin needle out, droppin git in the biohazard can.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Don't do that to me anymore..." She smiled and wrapped his hand in hers.

[b]Satell-[/b] "I'll try not to."[/size][/color]

[color=#707875][size=1]I just want to get Van's reaction on all of this.

[i]Van laughed out loud with wonder and relief, and then sighed. He looked from Trini, to Allen and then finally to Satell, he placed his hand on her forehead as a father would to his daughter and then spoke[/i]

[b]Van:[/b] You'll be the death of me yet young miss if you do something like that again, my heart's not as strong as it was 10 years ago.

[b]Allen:[/b] Van, I can't that you enough for what you've done....

[b]Van:[/b] Just doing my job sir, just doing my job. Seems like all the work the Pope has done for this ship has just brought us a small miracle. I'll be sure to thank him when we get back.[/color][/size]

[color=indigo][b][size=1]It was quite now. The ship had exited the asteroid field and was on autopilot. Tex walked along the metal grated corridor, listening for any signs of life or movement. She caulked up a few small holes and searched each room.

"Vincent? Kenneth? Brooke?" Tex called into her headset.

She heard a buzzing coming from her ear piece. Then a faint call for help sent a chill through her body. Tex spun around, her eyes darted around the corridor. All was silent. Tex turned around to continue her search.

"H..e..lp...." the staggering voice surged through Tex's ear piece again, followed by static.

"Who is this? Where are you?" a feeling of panic and terror numbed Tex's body.

"H...e..lp....m.e...." the voice grew clearer as Tex walked.

Her breathing picked up, her heart beat faster, her eyes scanned the open compartments and doors. Tex looked down to see debris scattered on the grate. She followed it into an open room that was smokey and hot. Looking inside she recognized it to be the weapons storage.

"H..hello?" Tex's voice was meek and breathless.

Tex looked to see a few of the boxes had exploded. There was a hole in the side of the wall. Tex quickly patched it up with the last of her caulk. Tex stood up and studied the boxes.

[i]What made them explode? Hmm, no evidence of human tampering....[/i]

"T..e..x.....Here..." the voice came from behind her.

She spun around, her useless caulking gun rattled in her quivering hands. She gazed upon a gastly sight of blood and twisted entrails.

"Oh shit, Vi..Vincent?!" Tex slid on her knees beside the dismembered man.

"What the fuck happened?!" Tex tried to clean him up with the medical kit she had found.

"I..d..on't..know..I came..to...find..you..and.....the..explosives just..went off..." Vincent's voice bubbled through blood that spilled from his mouth.

"Jesus fucking Christ..."Tex looked down Vincent's defaced carcass to notice that he was abdomenally impaled.

She cupped her mouth and looked sympathetically at the dying man. There was nothing she or Van could do. He was dead. His bloody hand grabbed Tex's thigh. He looked into her eyes, pleading for her help.

"Te..x..ple..ase.." Vincent strained.

Tex knew what he wanted her to do. He was begging for her to kill him. Tex stood up and looked for a gun. She found a PP7 and a clip. Turning around she aimed the barrel at Vincent's head. He gave her a thankful smile and closed his eyes. Tex took in a deep breath and pulled the trigger. The bullet passed through Vincent's temple and he slumped to the side. A final breath gurgled from his lips, blood poured from his mouth and wounds.

Tex sighed and swallowed. She'd been on investigations that were bloody and utterly disgusting, but this was nerve racking. All of the victims she'd investigated and helped give autotopsies on were already dead. She'd never looked into the eyes of a dying man, she'd never killed anyone. But she didn't really kill Vincent. She relieved him of his agony.

"Captain, can you hear me?" Tex wiped her bloody hands on her sweater and started to walk down the corridor, back towards the rest of the crew.

"Yes, Tex, I can hear you. Did you find anyone?" Allen's voice sounded relieved and drained.

"Vincent..."

"And?"

"He's dead. I am heading back to give everyone the details," Tex wiped a sleeved arm across her upper lip.

"Hurry back."

"10-4," Tex started to jog back to the mess hall.[/color][/b][/size]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Satell sat up in bed, several hours later, hooked up to an IV, recieving salienated solution and fluids to replace her lack of eating. Her color, although far from the original dark flush, was slowly returning to normal. Van smiled at her and she returned it with one of her own dazzling ones.[/i]

"Thank you."

"Of course. ....your IPO was interesting."

"A very interesting IPO I'm sure."

"I forgot that I was dealing with an individual with signifigant medical experience..."

[i]She laughed softly, unwilling to put any more strain on her already drained body. Satell wiggled her toes and mentally planned out her next course of action. Trini had brought her her clothes and she was planning on changing as soon as Van gave her the green light. Allen stopped by while she was resting, the lights dimmed, and felt her forehead. ...she stirred ever so slightly, mouth partially open. He thought she murmered his name, but he wasn't sure.[/i][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=2244CC][b]Day 29. One day away from the Event Horizon.[/b]

Allen stepped into the Medical Bay, again. He couldn't stay away. He couldn't stay away, and he couldn't sleep. It was almost one in the morning. Everyone had went to their stations, manning weapons, the autopilot had control of the ship, and everyone else was either hurt or catching a bit of revitilizing sleep. He wasn't. Van walked up to him slowly and quietly.

[b]Van-[/b] "Her condition is stable. All of her wounds are healing at an exponential rate. I guess those new injections they gave all of us are doing really well after all. We moved Sam to a 'Quiet' room for recovery. I wanted to keep Satell here for observation for a while, but she should be ok real soon." Allen clapped his hand on Van's soulder and gave hima compassionate squeeze.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Thankyou Van. Is it possible... To... Leave me alone with her?" He gave the Captain a smile.

[b]Van-[/b] "She's in no condition for any kind of... Rough activity. But yes, as long as you don't exert her you can be alone." He smiled and left. Allen walked over to Satell, lifting the bandages and looking at the wound that looked like it had been there for a few weeks already. He replaced it and recovered her with the blanket.

[b]Satell-[/b] "Allen?" He was startled slightly. When she spoke her eyes didn't open. She kept them closed.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Yeah, it's me. How're you doing?" She smiled and took the hand that was stroking her hair.

[b]Satell-[/b] "I'm a little cold. And this bed isn't very comfortable." He smiled and grabbed another blanket from the cabinet. Allen lifted Satell from the medical bed and took her over to the couch in Van's office. He sat down, Satell positioning herself so she was half on him and half on the couch. Allen layed the blanket over them and began stroking her hair again. She was sleeping within ten minutes, and he was nodding off.

Van walked into the medical bay, had a heart stopping moment before he realized where the two were, and smiled. The two were sleeping soundly on his couch. After checking Satells stats again, he left.[/color][/size]

OOC: Something told me I should've been here earlier....and man... ya'll gotta learn a little bit about IV placement, but we'll talk about that later. PM me if you wanna know what Im talking about!!! ;)

[COLOR=orange][SIZE=1]

Awesome...

For some reason that was the only word Trini was able to use in the last few weeks. She was shocked by the severity of the situation butshe handled it. Her head was now being placed firmly back on her shoulders, and out of cloud nine, where it had been for the last few days.

She was in the mess hall when she saw Allen pass, apparently going to see Satell. She smiled seeing how he stood by her. She began sipping on her coffe when only a few moment later Van stepped in the mess hall.

"How ya liking the assignment so far?"

She smiled a moment, seeing how to the point Van was. " It's been an adventure so far..."

He grapped a seat next to her, filling an extra cup with the coffee placed near Trini.

"Kinda thought you'd say that." He poured the coffee and grabbed some cream and sugar to add to it. "Reminded me of when I started."

Trini stopped sipping for a moment, and began to listen to Van. Although much more distinguished and wise, Van had a cool demeanor when it came to his work. Trini admired that about Van and enjoyed listening to his story.

She smiled from time to time, when he brought up stituations in which he had acted almost like Trini, such as providing the basic care for a patient.

They talked for sometime before Allen passed by them.

"How is she?" Trini asked.

"She's asleep now..." he stated slowly." I'm going to check on Sam as well, tell Satell I'll be back later."

Both Van and Trini nodded as Allen turned and began to walk away from them. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=royalblue][i]She turned over, and found that she was back in her original bed, just with an extra blanket. Allen's visit had been good for her. He had held her tightly in his arms like before, just with a tenderness she had missed for a long time.

She closed her eyes and felt the bandage slowly with one hand. It burned a little, but it wasn't half as bad as it had been before. As the ship was also repairing, she was on the mend, and she was sort of confused, but happy. It wasn't so bad being infirmed like this. Being waited on hand and foot really was all it was cracked up to be.

"I could get used to this."

Satell smiled and inhaled, the scent from the blankets was Allen's scent. She loved it.[/i][/color]

[color=indigo][b][size=1][i]What had Vincent been doing in the Weapons Wing? Those explosive were only meant to explode by detenation. They had to be rigged and fused...No matter, the poor guy is dead..Maybe it would be best for him...[/i] Tex laid on her back.

The small bed was stiff and the sheets were scratchy. Tex stared up at the metal tile ceiling. She heard Allen walk past, then once more. She heard him talking to Trini.

[i]Eh, I need to get something to eat..[/i] Tex got up and threw on her heavy knitted, grey sweater. The neck was stretched and hung around her shoulder. Blood stains blotched the grey.

Tex walked into the mess hall to hear the last of Van's story. She smiled at him. Grabbing herself a cup of coffee, she sat across the room and listened intently. Trini smiled at Van and turned her attention to Tex.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Tex nodded and sipped her coffee,"How's Satell?"

"She'll be just fine. Give her a couple more days," Trini brushed a strand of hair from her mouth.

"That's good. And our pilot?"

"He's.." Van started.

"He's back up and running," Sam walked through the door, his arm in a sling.

"Still not fit to pilot the ship yet," Van stated.

"Nah, it's only a flesh wound," Sam sat next to Tex.

Tex looked over at him. Cocky and optimistic. He annoyed Tex, yet gave a sense of relief. He noticed her looking at him and winked at her. Tex looked away and began to talk to Trini.

"What happened to Vincent?" Sam folded his good arm behind his back.

Tex snapped her head up from her cup. She looked over at Sam and took in a deep breath. A flash of Vincent's mangled, bloody body surged through Tex's mind. She took in a deep breath and exhaled it slowly.

"I set out to search for him and I found him in the Weapons Wing. Apparently, he had found a hole in the wall and went to repair it. The box of explosives mysteriously set off, blowing a hole in the right side of his abdomen. The blast reeled him into the opposite wall, a piece of metal impaled Vincent through his stomach, entrails spilled onto the floor....He..begged me to kill him..." Tex stared into the tormented reflection on the surface of her coffee.

Sam was quiet. Trini and Van quiet as well. Tex swirled the steamy liquid around.

"I couldn't just let him suffer so, so I...shot him...There was no way for him to live...none.." Tex's voice trailed off.

"Damn, God rest his soul," Sam shook his head.

The room was quiet. The sound of the engines echoed throughout the ship. Occasional pings from the ship's air filters split the silence.

"Wait a second, those explosives.." Sam started.

"Yes, I know," Tex stood up and walked over to the refridgerator.[/color][/b][/size]

Arthur was busy cursing and sweating as he tried to repair the damage done to the port side of the ship. Dmaned jockey pilots, never listened to a good tech's advice. He finished the last of the makeshift paneling and leaned back. One member of the crew aleady dead. Arthur shuddered. Good thing he wasn't a superstitious man.

[size=1][color=#707875]Sorry another short post but a few things that have to do with the RPG.

1] As a note I've edited my sign up to suit what I've been writing, no major differances, just his age is now 54 and a his personality is more grandfatherly in nature.

2] Just as a little surprise, have a gander at my signature.

3] Oh and Sweetreyes, Van [b]hates[/b] coffee.

[i]Van sat down in his seat and took a sip of his beverage while speaking, he closed his eyes and walked back over to the where he had got his drink, he quietly spit the coffee back in and emptied it into the sink. He took the tea pot from off the counter and poured himself a new cup of tea, he sat down beside Trini and asked her what was strange about the explosives going off...[/i]

[b]Van:[/b] What's the big quiz about the explosives..[/color][/size]

[color=2244CC][size=1]I see two surprises for me Mr. Outcast. Being honored as an Otakuboards Elite and a mention of my RPG in a signature.
I'm extremely happy and honored. ;)
---
Allen walked into the room slightly worried.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Hey Van... I can't find S-" The pilot was sitting in a chair, tipping it back slightly and waving at the captain. He cursed under his breath and poured himself a cup of coffee. "Dammit Sam... Tell someone next time you leave the medical bay." He smiled and spread his hands.

[b]Sam-[/b] "I told all these people when I got here. You just happened to be tryin to find me." He grinned and rubbed his bandages. The captain smiled in spite of himself. "See! He can smile!" Sam definitly was good at getting rid of stress. Allen took a sip of his coffee and poured it down the drain. He needed to sleep. Even if it was a few hours. He had nodded off in the company of Satell, but that was no more than half an hour. And coffee wasn't going to help him with that.

[b]Tex-[/b] "Anyway... The explosives that killed Vincent were only supposed to explode when the timer wound down, or when they were detonated. The timer wasn't set, the casing still read the default '99:99'. Either they were triggered in the explosion or they were defective."

[b]Kenneth-[/b] "Or the Event Horizon detonated them." Every head in the room turned to look at the new arrival to the conversation.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Welcome back Mr Rales. I was getting worried. We've already had two injuries and one death." Kenneth's face fell slightly.

[b]Kenneth-[/b] "Who died?"

[b]Tex-[/b] "Vincent..." She frowned, remembering his last seconds umong the living. Kenneth shook his head.

[b]Kenneth-[/b] "Captain, I'm going to request one more time. Please turn this ship back... I don't want to die and I'm sure none of these people do either. I'm sure Vincent didn't..." Allen's eyes turned cold. His grey stare beat down on Kenneth.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Number one, we can't leave until our solar panels recharge the batteries that will support us during our stasis. Two, I wouldn't turn back now anyway. As long as we are careful, we won't have anything to worry abo-"

[b]Kenneth-[/b] "That goddamned ship killed Vincent!" Allen stood quickly and knocked over his chair, striding across the room and looking into the Security Officers eyes, only inches away from his face. Habitually, Kenneth straightened up like he would for a seargent in the military.

[b]Allen-[/b] "We have no proof of that." He spoke quietly. "The bombs could have been defective. They could have been detonated by the meteorite shower. For all we know, Vincent could have accidently set them off. You are out of line. And if you do it again, I will personally feed you to that ship." He leaned closer. "Are we clear." He didn't say it as a question.

[b]Kenneth-[/b] "Yes..." Allen walked back to his chair.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Good. Now, you will go make your rounds. Make sure this ship is secure. That is your job, is it not?" Kenneth left without another word. "Now. I'm going to go to my quarters. I need to get a bit of sleep. Do not wake me up unless there is another drastic emergency." He scanned the room, before locking his eyes on Van. "Consult Van if you have a question. He's temporarily in command." Allen stood again, his resperation and heart rate had returned to normal after the little argument. He walked down the halls and into his small, cramped room. He layed down on the not quite comfortable bed and closed his eyes, feeling sleep creep over ihs body slowly.

Before sleep took him, his thoughts drifted to next days events. It was about two in the morning. They still had one more day before they got to the Event Horizon. Hopefully repairs would be finished by then. He slept.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Several hours into Allen's sleep, Satell sat up in her own bed, mostly awake. She saw Van sitting in his office categorizing a few files. With slow steps she made her way down to him and when he looked up she sat in his lap. She smiled and leaned against him, and he, rather uncertainlly put his arm around her.[/i]

"Thanks for everything."

"I'd thank you back, but a heart attack isn't the way I want to go."

"What shame."

[i]She laughed softly and kissed his forehead.[/i]

"Can I go now?"

".....ah....."

"Just for a little while? Please?"

[i]She was giving him the big eyes. And they were working. He nodded and she was up.[/i]

"You better be back in 8 hours. Your bandadge needs to be changed."

"Yes sir."

[i]She saluted and padded off to Allen's quarters. The only ones she had ascertained so far...given the accident and her appearence on the ship.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=indigo][b][size=1]"Well, I'm going to get some sleep myself. Wake me for anything," Tex stood up and nodded at Trini.

"No problem, have a good few hours of sleep," Trini smiled.

"Do you need an escort?" Sam stood up.

"How sweet, but no," Tex spat bluntly.

"Sheesh, it's just that you look a bit shaken," Sam followed Tex down the hall despite Tex's cold shoulder.

"Sam, I appreciate your concern, but I do not wish to be annoyed. For your safety, you will leave me be," Tex stopped and turned to face the boisterous pilot.

"Okay then," Sam winked and walked back down the corridor.

Tex shook her head and continued towards her quarters. She saw Satell stumbling towards Allen's quarters.

"Satell, do you need help?" Tex walked over to Satell who was leaning against the wall trying to catch a breath.

"Oh, Tex, could you? Still a little weak," Satell held out her hands.

"No problem," Tex took Satell's arm and wrapped it around her waist and helped her walk to Allen's quarters.

"Thank you," Satell gave Tex a grateful smile and entered the room.

Tex nodded and continued on her way. She passed Kenneth's room, his door was open. Tex shrugged and knocked.

"Kenneth, may I come in?" Tex leaned against the frame of the door.

"Sure," Kenneth lay on his back, one arm underneath his head, the other over his eyes.

He sounded upset too. Upset, angry, and tired. Tex walked in and leaned against the opposite wall. His room was slightly larger than Tex's. His chair was lodged between the locker and the wall, a result of his anger Tex supposed. Kenneth lifted his arm and looked over at Tex.

"You can sit," Kenneth pointed to the foot of his bed.

Tex pushed herself away from the wall and sat down at the foot of Kenneth's bed. She brought one leg up to her chest, the other dangled from over the edge of the bed. She wraped an arm around her leg, the other proped up, holding her chin. Tex sighed and looked down over at Kenneth.

"What was it that you wanted?" Kenneth put his arm back over his face.

"I just..Didn't really want to be alone at the moment," Tex shrugged.

"There were two other people in the hall with you," Kenneth's voice held no emotion.

"I know, but I feel alone with Trini and I grow irritated with Sam," Tex brushed back her wavy hair.

"Hmm, there are other people within the ship," Kenneth's fingers flexed.

"I don't feel a connection with anyone else," Tex started to pick at her boot.

She rested her chin on her knee and fiddled with her laces. Her dark brown hair fell over her face. She felt Kenneth shift.

"What does that mean?" Kenneth was now laying on his side, his right arm bent to hold up his head, his left arm bent behind his head.

Tex held onto her leg, "Well, what do you think it means?"

"I don't know, that's why I asked you."

"I know how you feel about this mission. I am now begining to feel what you do. After seeing Vincent die, I just don't know what to expect. I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid of not knowing why. Those crews suffered a horrible fate in which we cannot begin to fathom. I don't wish to see anyone go through what they had to," Tex let out a shaky breath.

Kenneth stared at her with understanding,"Exactly."

Tex smiled at him, her eyes glistened with forming tears. She didn't know exactly why she felt comfortable with Kenneth, but there was something about his personality that gave her a sense of comfort. This is why she wanted to enter his room, to sit and be in his presence. [/color][/b][/size]

[Color=#707875][Size=1]You're very much welcome KnightoftheRose, this RPG has really earned a place in OB as one of it's far better RPGs, as for yourself you are an outstanding RPGer who I have had the pleasure if sharing company with in a few RPGs, you have earned the right to be an OB Elite. If anyone wants to contact me, my AIM in Maverick2350 so if you have any problems talk away.

[i]Van sat propped against the back of the chair, the last one awake and the one in command while Captain Allen was sleeping, he smiled as Allen reminded him so much of his own son. He took the tea pot and returned to his seat to pour himself a cup of tea before he went on his rounds to make sure that all was returned to normal, if anyone interrupted him while he was having his tea there would be bloodshed. He sat back again and blew the trail of steam from the cup, he enjoyed this kind of time alone, away from [b]"the kids"[/b]. This was the way he liked to think of the other crew members as they were all so much younger than him, hell the captain was more than 20 years his junior. He took a sip of his tea and leaned back into his seat, it was good not having to get so worked up over his work on this ship, with one crewman dead and another two recovering from injury he was just happy that things seemed to be picking up.

He put the tea down on the table and decided to take a walk around the crew quarters to clear his head, he had no intention of going [b]anywhere near[/b] the armory where Vincent had died, he knew that he'd have to prepare for this kind of stuff but the gruesome way he died was a little too much for his liking. He was coming up on Allen's room and was thankful that he heard nosounds there in, he decided the Captin took his advice from earlier and went easy on Satell. The door wasn't closed fully and he could hear faint snoring from the room, he saw Satell and the Captin embraced asleep and seemingly content, he closed the door fully and left for his office where he had some work to do.

As he sat back down in his chair inevitably Satell came over to him, he knew what she wanted before she asked him. She sat down on his lap and it reminded him of home back on Earth, he put his arm around her and asked what she wanted. She said exactly what he knew she'd say, she was still weak so play-acting with the Captain was not something he wanted to let her do, and that's when she released her secret weapon. She looked at him in a way that had him completely unable to say no to her, she knew it too and she was quite pleased. Eight hours no more he told her as she kissed his forehead and skipped out the door.

He was alone now and since Trini was asleep he had nobody else to help him do Vincent's autopsy, he knew the cause of death was the mercy bullet that Tex had finished him with. It was something which caught Van, on the one hand he could see it as an act of mercy to Vincent, on the other it was against that Roman Catholic Church's wishes to kill another, even in mercy. There was no real need for an autopsy and at this time in the morning he was in no mood to do anything he hadn't to do. He set the table to place Vincent's body in one the pre-blessed coffins by the Pope and said he last goodbyes to Vincent. He returned to sitting in his chair and started flicking through the recently medical profiling he'd done, how he'd have to tell the Captain that everyone would have to take a physical tomorrow was something he'd rather not do.....[/I][/Color][/Size]

[color=2244CC][size=1]He had layed there, sleeping soundly for almost four hours before the door to his room had opened. His eyes shot open and he turned, squinting into the flourescent glow the corridor gave off.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Who is it," he mumbled sleepily. No answer came, the figure only walked slowly into the room and shut the door. The glow dissapeared and his eyes attempted to re-adjust to the darkness. A familiar shape stood over him. "Satell?"

[b]Satell-[/b] "Yeah. It's me." His sleep cleared a little.

[b]Allen-[/b] "What are you doing out of the medical bay? You sould be resting Van's car-" She put a finger up to his lips and kissed him on the cheek, sitting on the side of the bed.

[b]Satell-[/b] "I couldn't sleep well. And Van was nice enough to let me come here until my bandages needed changing." She dropped her hand and kissed him on the mouth. "Are you going to make a fuss?" Her eyes twinkled in the extremely low light.

[b]Allen-[/b] "No." She layed down next to him and pulled the blanket up tight. They entwined their arms and legs around eachother, drifting towards sleep. "Satell?"

[b]Satell-[/b] "Hmmm?" Her eyes were half closed and her breathing slowing.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Don't leave me." She smiled and edged a little closer to him.

[b]Satell-[/b] "I won't. And you don't leave me." He kissed her temple and hugged her close.

[b]Allen-[/b] "I won't." Within ten minutes they were both asleep, breathing rhythmically and deep in eachothers arms.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Her dreams, she had none. In the long night of space, all she could dream about was the nothingness...falling so gently, into the everlasting arms, so unafraid of the dropping into the nothing. And then, being cradled ever so gently between the sphere below and the heaven's above. Rocking back and forth, so sweet and smooth, with nothing to impale, peruse, agitate, just calm rest. Bliss.

Satell sat up, smiling softly. Her dreams had been the same every night ever since....she couldn't even remember. She turned her head slightly to look at Allen. He had his arms wrapped losely around her waist and his breath was slowly changing ever so slightly. ...and she wouldn't tell him that she couldn't even remember how she came here.

He opened his eyes and looked at her. She was smiling at him gently, like a goddess rather than a mortal. Then she leaned down and pressed her lips into his. Soft and slow, then pressing harder, with a growing sense of urgency.[/i][/COLOR]

Ruben lay there, for how long he knew not. Tears coursed silently down his face, but he didn't know why. One crewman dead, a person who didn't even see him, and the whole damn, empty feeling of the ship.

It was a fairly large ship, but not so large. Maybe it was just him, but it seemed to be trying to isolate them all. He always seemed to be on his own, on a massive, empty ship. He knew the others were here, he saw them, occasionally. But mostly, even if he saw them... he still felt alone.

It felt like he was being isolated. Turning over, Ruben checked what time it was. The dull green hands on his watch showed 2:10am He was tired, he'd gone to bed at 9:00 and hadn't even had so much as a wink of sleep. Getting up, he slipped on his overalls, and headed for the medical bay, maybe Van had some sleeping pills. Or maybe they could just talk.

[color=2244CC][size=1][i]If everyone would kindly contiue as if Ms. Rockers post never happened, it would be a good thing. If you don't know what I'm taking about, it means she followed my 'advice' and deleted it.
And if you're readng this, Ms. Rocker, delete that piece of shit and pay more attention.[/i]
----------
Allen pulled away, aroused but in control.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Satell... You aren't in any condition. You know that." She smiled at him and lifted up the side of her shirt, showing him the five or six hour old bandage. He pointed. "See. No condition." She peeled off the bandage to show a scab that looked like it had been there for nearly a week. The skin underneath a broken off section was pink and new, perfectly repaired. "Wha..." She crawled on top of him, pressing a finger to his lips to silence him.

[b]Satell-[/b] "The guys on Earth gave all of us an injection before we left, right? Apparenlt, it hastens our ability to repair ourselves." She smiled and kissed him.

[b]Allen-[/b] "That would mean Sam is doing good too. We'll have a pilot back." She propped herself up on one elbow and looked at him, immitating being annoyed.

[b]Satell-[/b] "You have me on top of you and all you can think about is getting your pilot back. How dare you." He smiled and rolled on top of her.

[b]Allen-[/b] "I'm sure I can think of a few different things."[/size][/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Like...?"

[i]She was giving him the cocked eyebrow. Seductively charming, odd though, for her to be giving him the eye when 24 hours ago she had been an inch away from death. He kissed the side of her neck, then looked deep into her eyes and winked at her.[/i]

"This?"

[i]He slid his hands down her body, feeling the muscles beneath her soft skin ripple slowly under his touch.[/i]

"You have the body of a dancer."

"It happens."

[i]She winked back at him and raised her right leg up, still on her back, until it was past her face and resting on the side of the bed. Perfect splits, without lifting a finger.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=orange][SIZE=1]

Trini had finally made it back to her bed. Hoping for just a few hours of sleep. Since she was left alone for a bit in the hall she saw nothing else more important to do. And she thought it was better to leave Van alone. Seeing his personality she knew he'd like some down time.

Trini slowly fell asleep but wasn't asleep for long. It seemed that an hour had passed before she found herself waking up again. Staring up at the ceiling, she soon decided to wake up and try to go and excerise. Not putting on all her long clothes she decided to wear a pair of short and a short sleeve shirt. Showing off her atletically toned body. The ship was kinda cool, but soon her body adjusted to the temp and she headed off to the make way gym the ship had.

THe ship was quiet, and hearing no one stir she assumed that she was the only one up. But it all seemed so spooky to her. The ship wasn't all that big but still something about it got to her, especially after what happened just a few days ago.

She passed by an empty hall and quiet medical bay, finally reaching an empty room. The light automatically luminated as she entered the room. She dropped her towel and began to strecth out. Her hair, as always, was held back in a ponytail and moved to her body postion going over her shoulder and across her back.

Sitting there for a moment as she strecthed, Trini began to here footsteps as if some one was coming to join her, but soon ignored them. The steps quieted seeming asif they were continueing down the hall. Soon a chil ran down her back as if eyes were watching her, unknown eyes. She turned around and saw no one present.

She turned back and ignored the feeling, and continued to strecth. Once again footsteps were heard but they seemed to stop right next to the door of the room. The door still didn't open but the same feeling came over her. Thinking that somone was playing a joke she got up and went to the door, opening it quickly to yell at whoever it was.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU W-" she started but was startled by a bloody face stating back at her.

Startled out of her sleep Trini found herself breathing hard as she looked around her room. Only wearing her undergarments she quickly went to the door and looked out into the hall.

No one was there, no one was heard, only a bit of music seemed to float from somewhere. She turned back into her room and quickly got dressed, seeing his face she had to make sure her dream was incorrect. He had to be dead. She had to see it, she had to make sure.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]